July 26, 2014 | 1659 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

In the morning, this stayed on and looked great. Toward the afternoon, it started melting and by the evening, it wasn't there. Whoever said that this is good for oily skins lied.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by jcao

I've been using this for a year and I'm still on my 1st bottle. Granted, I have tried other foundations but I still come back to this. The color is spot on for my yellow based tone. The coverage is better for evening out my slightly uneven skintone. It smooths out to an almost powdery, matte finish. I have to use a foundation primer (Smashbox) and set it with powder to keep oilies at bay. I'm amazed that my skin reacts so well with it, no pimples or blemishes. I just need to make sure to blot or powder when it gets an oily. For being in 100+ heat w/ high humidity, it smudges and does come off a little, but in dry weather, it doesn't smudge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Absolutely

I love the coverage and lasting power of this foundation. This does not last all that long before I blot but compared to all of the liquid ones I've tried, this is the best. Too bad it causes some breakouts for me that seem to be on and off. I really wish this worked for me like it has for so many others. I still recommend it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Johanamtz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this makeup! I got a sample of it and a little went a long way. I used it for a week and I had to buy it. I go to the beach a lot and this stayed on after I went swimming. It dosen't prevent oil but what does ? so far nothing that I've tryed does. I just use blotting paper and my skin feels good. It stays on all day and great coverage. My skin looks fresh and healthy!UPDATE: i stopped using it because i couldn't find a color that matched my skin in the summer since i got tanner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by BrendaMPZ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing foundation. It never looks too heavy and it NEVER melts no matter how hot it is outdoors. When my skin is looking great, I mix a few drops of this with my moisturizer for lighter coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by sk1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been buying this foundation for past 2-3 years. I love it!!
    I am normal to very slight oily skin. Anyhting I put on my skin makes my skin oily. When I put this foundation, my skin stays normal and fresh looking!! I use it evetyday, since I don;t wear anyother sunscreen.
    (I don;t like ANY sunscreen, 'cause they make my skin look greasy).
    I use SP 60 color which matches my skin color perfectly. I understand the color choices are limited..I am glad I found the one that matches my skin tone!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2008 12:27:00 PM More reviews by mcmunson

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This went back to Nordstrom. The color match was fine but that's all I can say good about this. I still got the oilies an hour after application. And this stuff is impossible to remove. After buying this I went back to Nordstrom for Shiseido's cleansing oil because of the raves and the need for something to get this stuff off my skin but I didn't like that either. I gave this foundation about four tries and each time I ended up with surface and under-the-surface zits. The packaging is brilliant--I love the mixing balls and the squeeze top. Most certainly will not rebuy or recommend to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2008 4:00:00 AM More reviews by pilaras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm NW20 MAC, and I use the SP50. In summer, i mix with some SP60.

medium coverage and mate finish.

I like the hight SPF, and it have a good sunscreen, a 13,9% of titanium dioxide.

Good foundation for combo-oily skin.

Only one contra; it's some drying for normal to dry skin, or for my combo-sensitive and dehidrated prone skin. I found that it's better for spring or summer, not for cold winter.

buy again? yes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by macalcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's the BEST foundation I've ever used. The SP20 shade was perfect for my skin tone (MAC NC20) and, besides the high SPF (wich made me buy it), it gives the skin such a perfect matte finish and the right coverage, not mask-like and not too light. It stays on all day and didn't make me break out. I will definetely buy it again. The only downside is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by riomarie

I 'M in LOVE with this.
    i've been looking for a year straight for something that wont rub off. and i was a little hesistant to try something water resistant cuz i though tit would be a waste if i did since i just wanted it to withstand a little bit of summer sweat. but this stuff is great. it doesnt rub off on my clothes and is sweat proof. i wore it to the county fair all day and it was great. i know that cuz of the spf its not supposed to photograph well but the pix that i have from that day dont really look too bad. i wear the sp60 and am about nc27 which in theory is actually kinda dark for me but it doesnt look it. i dont wear foundation every single day so i'm hoping this will last a little while cuz its so tiny but you dont really need a lot to cover. its not cakey or heavy and is AWESOME with the spf 42. i'm a spf freak. =P i will definitely turn to shiseido for my night time/photo ready foundation cuz i love this one so much!