July 23, 2014 | 1527 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2004 1:19:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Is nicely moisturizing and absorbs well but irritated my very sensitive eyes causing itching and burning. Also caused my contacts to blur. Therefore could only use at night but the resulting irritation mandated that I cease using. I guess not a good fit w/ my sensitive eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2004 8:01:00 AM More reviews by dkwilawan

I bought this together with BB concealer. It makes the concealer application an easy job. I really need to love this cream but it makes my under-eye skin dry and wrinkle. I blame the Retinyl palmitate Vitamin A derivative- in the ingredient. Because any products containing retinol break me out and make my skin dry. This Retinyl palmitate Retinol derivative- might do the similar effects on me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2004 10:35:00 AM More reviews by brigette76

Active ingredients:
Squalane skin moisturiser: main indications are to soften the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines caused by dryness.
Jojoba seed oil composed of wax esters, emollient: used to increase skin suppleness and reduce the appearance of fine lines
Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice used to hydrate, soften and soothe the skin, can reduce inflammation, pain and itching. Has excellent moisturisation properties.
Avocado oil source of Vitamins A, B1, B2, D, and E, lecithin, and potassium. Acts as an emollient and moisturiser.
Witch hazel extract - astringent that may also have anti-inflammatory and moisturising properties
Retinyl palmitate Vitamin A derivative: Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that acts as an anti-oxidant (free radical scavenger) and is used to prevent/reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Ascorbyl palmitate Vitamin C derivative: Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that acts as an anti-oxidant (free radical scavenger) and stimulates collagen synthesis
Sodium hyaluronate humectant
Tocopheryl acetate Vitamin E derivative: Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin that acts as an anti-oxidant (free radical scavenger) and may also acts as a moisturiser and help protect the skin from sun-damage (though it is not a sunscreen).
Sodium PCA humectant
Glycerin - humectant
Tocopherol Vitamin E
Butylene Glycol humectant (moisturiser): binds moisture from the air in order to increase skin hydration

Texture/feel:
Light-weight, non greasy cream. Sinks into the skin immediately upon application. Ideal for day-
time use.

Comments:
Wow, I've really gone overboard on this review... but only because this product really is FANTASTIC! Thank you so much to MUA reviewers as it was because of your comments that I bought this product. Three days ago, the skin around my eyes was dehydrated - I had fine lines and the skin looked "fragile". But, after using this product (in conjunction with BB Extra Eye balm at night) the skin around my eyes looks totally revided and plumped up (ie the fine lines from dehydration have almost diminished). It really is amazing - in fact, out of all of the eye creams I've used before (Kiehls Creamy Eye treatment and Abyssine Eye cream, Clarins eye contour balm, MK Timewise, and Clinique Repairwear) this is by far the BEST! I think it may have also *slighty* improved my dark undereye circles too!

Application:
Place a ~1/2 pea-sized amount on one ring finger, rub your two ring fingers together, then gently dab on the skin under and around the eye, paying particular attention to dry/drier areas if you have any.

21 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2004 10:37:00 AM More reviews by GirlNYC76

This is a great eye cream.
Doesnt really make my lines go away but it does hydrate well.
Very nice consistency... great under concealer.
Leaves no residue. Bobbi Brown skincare is really one of the best lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2004 5:55:00 PM More reviews by feifeimaomi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best eye treatment I have ever used! I have fine lines under my eyes. I've tried Biotherm age fitness, Estee Lauder ANR, Clarins eye contour balm. None of them works for me. But this eye cream smoothes the fine lines out in two days! It gives enough hydration in the cold and dry winter in western Canada. I will definitely stick to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2004 1:25:00 PM More reviews by sunflower77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite eye cream. It moisturizes so well that I like to use it day and night. I have some fine lines under my eyes and they have been improved since I started using this product. It does not, however, work on puffy eyes very well but I never expect it to. I think for puffy eyes, the best solution is plastic surgery (unless the condition is caused by allergy or hormone imbalance).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2004 11:36:00 PM More reviews by aclassicbeauty

I love this eye cream! I've never used an eye cream before but this is great. I actually find myself craving it before I head to bed. It's absolutely fantastic! It works great as the base for the concealer. The concealer is great as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2004 9:43:00 PM More reviews by MissPurple

This a basic fragrance-free hydrating/moisturizing eye cream in a simple and sleek glass jar, with no fascinating claims like lots of others (most of them are lies anyway). The cream is not too thick but not too thin, very easy to spread. When it touches the skin, it melts and turns to somewhat more of an oil like texture, and then the skin just absorbs this fully and nicely. This is not just a normal moisturizing/hydrating eye cream. I've used lots of eye creams that are as moisturizing as this but none of them made such a fantastic concealer base. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream really makes my concealer application ultra smooth and crease-free, which I thought was impossible. The fine dry lines under my eyes have all disappeared as well. Definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2004 9:17:00 PM More reviews by KatDan

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product in a limited edition Bobbi Brown SkinCare Set that costs 40 dollars and included eye cream, lathering tube soap, face lotion with spf15, and eye make up re-mover. I have loved everything in the set and it has all been such a great value. For example, the retail of this eye cream is 32.50 for .5 oz and in this set you get .24 oz for 10 dollars. This cream doesn't have a dectable set and is light yet very moisturizing. I would repurchase the full size. This def. helps concealor go on smoother but not slippery. I haven't experience any milia from this product. I am very impressed with Bobbi Brown's skin care line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2004 3:06:00 AM More reviews by casperdiesel93

This is a nice eyecream, that does hydrate the eye area. I have noticed an improvement in dark circles, but so far it hasn't done anything for my fine lines.