November 22, 2014 | 942 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Eye Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2004 4:19:00 PM More reviews by vina501

I was so pleased with the BB concealer to go kit that I have been on a recent BB kick.
I recieved 2 small sample jars of this and all I can say is WOW!
I have been halfheartedly looking for an eye cream and just sort of wanted to try this because the the great reviews about it I saw here. I never realized how dehydrated my under eye area was! After applying this once I could see and feel a difference. It reduced dark color, smoothed the skin and plumped up the area. I am 20 and amazed at the difference it made for me, I can't even imagine what it would do for someone with more mature skin. Dare I say this is a rave from me? I would urge anyone to try this if you are looking for an eye cream. I use this day and night and have barely put a dent in my sample, so I imagine the full size would last quite some time. I will buy a full size when I run out and continue to repurchase until they stop making this. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by erinswing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Thank you MUA reveiwers for helping me find this! This is a great, light, and effecient moisturizer for my delicate eye area. It is unscented, spreads easily, and absorbs quickly. The price won't break the bank at $33. The formulation is very nice. Long-term benefits yet to be seen, ie, reduction of lines, but I don't expect miracles!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2004 4:11:00 PM More reviews by debby2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best Hydrating eye cream I have ever found. It doesn't irritate and it doesn't have a bad smell. The texture of it is very nice. It hydrating my under eye area very well. I will purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2004 9:34:00 PM More reviews by jo515

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried so many eye creams. No longer. I've found my HG, and I thank the spot-on reviews on Makeup Alley that led me to purchase it. (Thanks everyone!) I cannot recommend this product enough. It has a moist creme/gel consistency and sinks in quickly. It isn't at all greasy or oily. It provides a perfect foundation for under-eye concealer. It does not irritate my VERY sensitive eyes (I tear up if a ceiling or floor fan is running or someone is smoking twenty feet away from me). It's already a pricey purchase, but I'd pay even more for it. It's that good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2004 8:09:00 PM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like the previous poster, I also purchased this because of the great MUA reviews. Thank you!!!

What a great eye cream! It is creamy but not greasy, absorbs very quickly, concealer really *does* go on better over this, and there is NO fragrance to this, a huge plus for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2004 1:19:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Is nicely moisturizing and absorbs well but irritated my very sensitive eyes causing itching and burning. Also caused my contacts to blur. Therefore could only use at night but the resulting irritation mandated that I cease using. I guess not a good fit w/ my sensitive eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2004 8:01:00 AM More reviews by dkwilawan

I bought this together with BB concealer. It makes the concealer application an easy job. I really need to love this cream but it makes my under-eye skin dry and wrinkle. I blame the Retinyl palmitate Vitamin A derivative- in the ingredient. Because any products containing retinol break me out and make my skin dry. This Retinyl palmitate Retinol derivative- might do the similar effects on me. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2004 10:35:00 AM More reviews by brigette76

Active ingredients:
Squalane skin moisturiser: main indications are to soften the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines caused by dryness.
Jojoba seed oil composed of wax esters, emollient: used to increase skin suppleness and reduce the appearance of fine lines
Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice used to hydrate, soften and soothe the skin, can reduce inflammation, pain and itching. Has excellent moisturisation properties.
Avocado oil source of Vitamins A, B1, B2, D, and E, lecithin, and potassium. Acts as an emollient and moisturiser.
Witch hazel extract - astringent that may also have anti-inflammatory and moisturising properties
Retinyl palmitate Vitamin A derivative: Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that acts as an anti-oxidant (free radical scavenger) and is used to prevent/reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Ascorbyl palmitate Vitamin C derivative: Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that acts as an anti-oxidant (free radical scavenger) and stimulates collagen synthesis
Sodium hyaluronate humectant
Tocopheryl acetate Vitamin E derivative: Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin that acts as an anti-oxidant (free radical scavenger) and may also acts as a moisturiser and help protect the skin from sun-damage (though it is not a sunscreen).
Sodium PCA humectant
Glycerin - humectant
Tocopherol Vitamin E
Butylene Glycol humectant (moisturiser): binds moisture from the air in order to increase skin hydration

Texture/feel:
Light-weight, non greasy cream. Sinks into the skin immediately upon application. Ideal for day-
time use.

Comments:
Wow, I've really gone overboard on this review... but only because this product really is FANTASTIC! Thank you so much to MUA reviewers as it was because of your comments that I bought this product. Three days ago, the skin around my eyes was dehydrated - I had fine lines and the skin looked "fragile". But, after using this product (in conjunction with BB Extra Eye balm at night) the skin around my eyes looks totally revided and plumped up (ie the fine lines from dehydration have almost diminished). It really is amazing - in fact, out of all of the eye creams I've used before (Kiehls Creamy Eye treatment and Abyssine Eye cream, Clarins eye contour balm, MK Timewise, and Clinique Repairwear) this is by far the BEST! I think it may have also *slighty* improved my dark undereye circles too!

Application:
Place a ~1/2 pea-sized amount on one ring finger, rub your two ring fingers together, then gently dab on the skin under and around the eye, paying particular attention to dry/drier areas if you have any.

21 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2004 10:37:00 AM More reviews by GirlNYC76

This is a great eye cream.
Doesnt really make my lines go away but it does hydrate well.
Very nice consistency... great under concealer.
Leaves no residue. Bobbi Brown skincare is really one of the best lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2004 5:55:00 PM More reviews by feifeimaomi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best eye treatment I have ever used! I have fine lines under my eyes. I've tried Biotherm age fitness, Estee Lauder ANR, Clarins eye contour balm. None of them works for me. But this eye cream smoothes the fine lines out in two days! It gives enough hydration in the cold and dry winter in western Canada. I will definitely stick to it.