Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

argh! so, the price is perfect for these, they do the job, but damn are these oily!!!! the pads are completely drenched and in order for me to be able to see again (the oil linger on my eyelashes and perturbs my vision) i need to wipe my lashes with a tissue, rinse, and wipe again....so many steps!!! i will say, that they take eye and lip makeup off well and they were cheap, so i'm not too upset

on 10/6/2006 9:20:00 PM

I don't understand why this is so under rated. It says right on the packaging that the product is moisturizing, in order to remove waterproof mascara. I actually like these, no tugging or pulling. Sure there is a slight sheen left after you use it due to the mineral oil in the product, but I just wipe it off afterwards with a tissue. If you don't want the moisturizing properties, buy the non-oily version! Cheap and effective.

on 9/22/2006 11:05:00 AM

Agggh, I hate these! They were way too moisturizing and the pads felt heavy with product. The remover would get in my eyes and irritate them. I switched to non-oily and love them!

This eye makeup remover is awful!! It is so oily and it did not remove my mascara very easily at all. After I used it, I was seeing blurry. I will never buy this again and this jar is going back to the store today.

on 8/30/2006 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I hate this!!!!! This is VERY oily and,if you're not careful, you can get pimples around your eyes. Thank God I got it from Rite Aid because I was able to return this crap.

on 8/24/2006 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the worst eye makeup remover I've ever tried! It's so oily that I need to wash with soap and water afterwards to be able to see at all. Even then, it takes a while for the blurred vision to go away.

I'm surprised by all the horrible reviews! While this probably isn't the BEST thing out there, it's definitely works better than most! Yes, it is a little greasy (there's no way you could immediatly reapply mascara right after using it), but it works great for removing make up right before cleansing / going to bed. Just be sure to rinse your eyes a couple more times...

It really works well to remove waterproof mascara. I usually apply two or three coats and this takes it off easily. It's a little oily, but that's probably the "moisturizing" part of it - which I need since I'm prone to dry lines around my eyes.

This works for me, and I don't feel the need to search for another eye make up remover any time soon.

on 8/11/2006 12:09:00 AM

i think the almay moisturizing eye makeup remover pads are great. i previously used liquid eye makeup remover, which i had to rub my eyes til they were practically red to get my eye makeup off (and it didn't even get it all the way off.) my college roommate and her mother introduced me to almay and now i will never use anything else. my suggestion, if you don't mind the expense, is to use both the moisturizing and the oil-free pads at the same time. use the moisturizing pad first, and then use the oil-free pad to "clean up" the oil and the rest of the make-up. i use both sides of each pad, so i only end up using one of each every night. i also wear contacts, so i know that the moisturizing pad can sometimes make your vision "blurry", but i use renu rewetting drops to clear that up. also, use the pads before you wash your face at night to "clean up" any excess oil that may be left on your skin after washing. i have combination skin and these pads never cause breakouts for me.

i use both mary kay facial cleanser and makeup, but i will NEVER use any other eye makeup remover besides almay!

These are AWFUL. They are SO oily. Everytime I use them, my eyes are blurry with oil and I have to throw water on them repeatedly until I can see again. The oil-free ones are awesome, I just bought the wrong kind :(

on 7/16/2006 9:46:00 AM

Well...I thought I would try something new...I must say that these pads are pretty oily...they're good at getting the eye make up off...I somehow nomatter how careful I try to be, seem to get the oily residue underneath my eye though...I try to be careful not to get any on my forehead or cheeks etc...I'm afraid I'll break out...I'm still searching for the perfect eye make-up remover...I paid $6.99 for 50 or 60 pads [can't remember the exact quantity]...kinda steep if you ask me...