Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 2/6/2009 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm 39 with combo skin that tends to breakout here and there. I have used Clinique's Rinse-off foaming cleanser for... my gosh...over 10 years now. I use it as a makeup remover and a cleanser and have never followed up with any additional facial cleaner. (I didn't think I was supposed to, since it is labeled as a cleanser. And honestly, I can't imagine why you would need to.)
The cleanser foams up nicely, removes all of my makeup, doesn't sting my eyes, and leaves my skin feeling clean, fresh and makeup-free. I could see how it could be drying to those with really sensitive or dry skin types, but for me it truly is HG and always will be.

on 2/6/2009 5:22:00 PM

- good for my combo skin
- noticed a significant decrease in breakouts when i started using this... and i used to break out at least 3-4 times a week
- the smell is nice, it foams up really well, but not it's not insanely sudsy
- takes off all my makeup
- the only reason for taking away a lippie was that it leaves my skin a bit tight after use, but not it's not unbearable

on 2/5/2009 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Received this as GWP...it does tend to sting my eyes. I feel it's kind of a pain to wash off and then I ended up with a few cystic zits all of a sudden.>>>>
I'll stick with my Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash instead - it does a wonderful job and is very inexpensive and effective!

on 2/2/2009 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this cleanser. It's my 2nd place HG cleanser after the Nars Gentle Cream Cleanser. It has a very neutral scent, it's not stripping, it's creamy, but not greasy, and it rinses off well. Contrary to other reviews, I find this not only removes my makeup, but also cleanses my skin as well. I will sometimes follow up with Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant.

on 1/28/2009 12:25:00 AM

One of the only cleansers that doesnt make my combo skin have a meltdown. I love it and have been buying it for ages. Does not dry my skin out at all and has a pleasant scent (rosemary?)

very good.

on 1/24/2009 4:36:00 AM

Another can't live without product for me by Clinique. I LOVE clinique and their products are so effective for my oily/acne-prone skin. I use this to take of my makeup then follow with my acne solutions regimen. The cleanser is so gentle and feels so good to put on. I wear heavy makeup; from foundation, bronzer, blush, full eye makeup, so I need a gentle yet heavy duty cleanser to take everything off. This does exactly that! I wipe my face with a white towel and not a smudge of makeup left. Definite staple in my skincare routine.

on 12/27/2008 8:14:00 PM

I love that it does a great job removing face makeup (not recommended for eyes due to the stinging effect - oh, believe me that it stings). What I do to get the best out of the "foaming" cleanser is to put a peanut-sized drop on my face brush and use it in the shower. The foam really develops, and feels great. Then I follow up with a more milky facial wash, but it does feel a bit dry after the foaming.

Foams are not for eyes anyway, so I was not disappointed by the product, because I used it as it was intended to be used.

on 12/25/2008 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is a good facial makeup remover, but its the smell that gets to me. I know that most Clinique products have no fragrance but this stuff smells terrible! I am going to try to find a different cleanser because I cannot get past the smell, but if you can get past that then I would recommend this product.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It should be pointed out this is a makeup remover, not a facial soap and is intended to followed with a regular facial soap. This product's only purpose is to remove makeup and if you wash with this and do nothing else, it will leave a drying feeling. Also, this is only intended for folks with normal skins as it can exacerbate dryness. I fall a bit on the oily side, but I do use this as it quickly removes foundation and blush with minimal effort.

on 12/14/2008 1:30:00 AM

I like it, left my face feeling very clean. I get a lot of build up on my skin with make up, flakes etc... and this is the best for getting rid of it all. It is on the drying side, so it's not a daily cleanser for me.

But warning do not use this anywhere near your eyes. I got some on my eye once and oh my god I have never been in so much pain. I was almost screaming it hurt so bad and it took a good 5 minutes of flushing my eye with cold water to get the pain to stop. Then another hour or more before my vision stopped being blurry.