April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this as a GWP, and it's... okay. It doesn't really foam up as advertised; it's like cold cream in consistency. God love Clinique, they do know how to market these things. This stuff is supposed to be a makeup remover only, I guess, since the package instructs you to use the 3-step system afterwards (which includes soap). And no wonder-- this cleanser leaves a tight, dry film even on my oily skin; I felt the need to cleanse it again just to get rid of that weird feeling (if you've ever let Noxzema dry on your skin, it feels just like that). It didn't even remove all of my non-waterproof mascara.

In short... meh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this and have not exactly purchased one. I used a sample from a GWP. It felt like it left a film on my face and made it extremely tight. Would never purchase. Alos, it didn't take off all of my amkeup like the Wash-Away Gel cleanser does.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by eyeleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

My skin normally does not even require a moisturizer, but with this stuff.... yikes. It certainly does the job of removing makeup, but it strips your face like no other. I used it yesterday in a pinch, and today my face is still so dry and tight that it's uncomfortable to make facial expressions. Yuck! That can't be good for your skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best makeup removers on the market. The pearly pink cleanser foams up into a luxuriously creamy lather and easily washes away even the heaviest of makeup. I took away a lippie because it can dry skin out just a bit; plus, it stings like crazy if you accidentally get some in your eyes.

This cleanser is recommended for normal to dry skin types and is supposed to be used before Clinique's 3-Step system to remove makeup. I used this cleanser about 12 years ago and then swtiched to the Wash Away Gel cleanser, which is recommended for oilier skin types. I recently received a deluxe sample of the Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser in a GWP and rediscovered how effective the product is at removing makeup. I have extremely oily skin and this products works perfectly for me.

At $17.50 a tube, it's a little more expensive than some cleansers on the market but not outrageously expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this 3 times already and love it. I use it everyday regardless if I have makeup on or not as it cleans my face really well and has managed to clear my complexion. I still use to get pimples off and on with other cleansers, but with this one, I rarely break out. Remember to only use a small amount because a little goes a long way.
UPDATE 2/28/09-->Unfortunately after using this product for a year, my face has become really dry feeling tight every morning, even with the usage of a moisturizer for dry skin. It took me this long to finally realize this was the culprit so now I've been using Cetaphil and my skin doesn't feel tight anymore which is wonderful. Plus it also takes off my makeup and doesn't sting my eyes like this cleaner does.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 9:34:00 AM More reviews by JazzleBug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderfully textured, super foamy cleanser. Unfortunately, it's a bit too drying for my skin, which makes me sad because it's sorta fun to use. I can use it every once in a while, but regularly and my skin rebels. Makes a phenomenal shaving cream, though!!! Especially if you add a bit to a pouf in the shower - suds everywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 8:39:00 AM More reviews by emrivera

I really like this wash so far. I have used it for a few weeks as a make-up remover before I wash my face with a mild cleanser (neutrogena). I didn't realize how much make-up I was not getting off my face. I haven't broken out from this either, in fact, I think my skin is clearing up because I am not going to bed with left-over make-up on my face. I definitely plan on sticking with this cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by czechgirl01

I have N/C skin and this product left it too tight, it didn't remove all my mascara and make up either. It foams well but that is the only thing - at least for me. I did not want to throw it away so I gave it to my boyfriend to try - and - he loves it! He uses it every day to clean his face in the morning so I guess - although I would not buy it for me again - I would buy it for him.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

best foaming cleanser I have seen in a long time. It left my skin squeaky clean and definitely not tight. I got this in a gwp.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by tia347

This is very good for taking off your makeup. I love this makeup remover. It does not sting my eyes at all and it rinses off very easy. I have never had a break out with this either.