Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 1/28/2009 12:25:00 AM

One of the only cleansers that doesnt make my combo skin have a meltdown. I love it and have been buying it for ages. Does not dry my skin out at all and has a pleasant scent (rosemary?)

very good.

on 1/24/2009 4:36:00 AM

Another can't live without product for me by Clinique. I LOVE clinique and their products are so effective for my oily/acne-prone skin. I use this to take of my makeup then follow with my acne solutions regimen. The cleanser is so gentle and feels so good to put on. I wear heavy makeup; from foundation, bronzer, blush, full eye makeup, so I need a gentle yet heavy duty cleanser to take everything off. This does exactly that! I wipe my face with a white towel and not a smudge of makeup left. Definite staple in my skincare routine.

on 12/27/2008 8:14:00 PM

I love that it does a great job removing face makeup (not recommended for eyes due to the stinging effect - oh, believe me that it stings). What I do to get the best out of the "foaming" cleanser is to put a peanut-sized drop on my face brush and use it in the shower. The foam really develops, and feels great. Then I follow up with a more milky facial wash, but it does feel a bit dry after the foaming.

Foams are not for eyes anyway, so I was not disappointed by the product, because I used it as it was intended to be used.

on 12/25/2008 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is a good facial makeup remover, but its the smell that gets to me. I know that most Clinique products have no fragrance but this stuff smells terrible! I am going to try to find a different cleanser because I cannot get past the smell, but if you can get past that then I would recommend this product.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It should be pointed out this is a makeup remover, not a facial soap and is intended to followed with a regular facial soap. This product's only purpose is to remove makeup and if you wash with this and do nothing else, it will leave a drying feeling. Also, this is only intended for folks with normal skins as it can exacerbate dryness. I fall a bit on the oily side, but I do use this as it quickly removes foundation and blush with minimal effort.

on 12/14/2008 1:30:00 AM

I like it, left my face feeling very clean. I get a lot of build up on my skin with make up, flakes etc... and this is the best for getting rid of it all. It is on the drying side, so it's not a daily cleanser for me.

But warning do not use this anywhere near your eyes. I got some on my eye once and oh my god I have never been in so much pain. I was almost screaming it hurt so bad and it took a good 5 minutes of flushing my eye with cold water to get the pain to stop. Then another hour or more before my vision stopped being blurry.

on 12/10/2008 12:39:00 AM

I too got this as a gift with purchase whilst repurchasing my regular 3 step system (Liquid facial soap in mild for winter as I use the oily version in summer, #4 clarifying lotion and DDMG) I also love to use Clinique's exfoliating scrub. Anyways, I understand what the other readers mention about a different feeling... but I don't find it to feel like a residue or tight or tacky. My skin just feels clean. For the first time in a long time. I love the 3 step, but my oily skin has never felt cleaner. (I used to use Neutrogena foaming cleanser before the 3 step as a makeup remover). It removes makeup amazingly well, my only gripe is the stinging if you get it in your eyes, but I just close mine until I wipe it all off anyways now. Lately I've been mixing half a pea sized amount of this and my scrub to get rid of winter flakies and I just love the feeling it leaves. I really like this product, and Clinique in general.

on 11/24/2008 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. I always feel clean after I use this to wash my face. I tend to use another cleanser after I wash my face with this, since it is just a makeup remover. A little bit definitely goes a long way, which is good since it's ridiculously over priced.

on 11/18/2008 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this cleanser. I used to use it during High school when i only ever wore makeup going out on the weekend and it was GREAT to wash off my makeup. But I found if I use this any more than once a week my skin gets so so dry!!It goes a long way as it foams up very well into a thick feeling foam. It gets rid of makeup really well. it leaves skin feeling a little tight and dry as it has some strong ingredients in it which dries out the skin. So for this fact i don't recommend it for sensitive/ dry skin.

on 11/17/2008 3:35:00 PM

I love this. It is rich, very foamy and makes me feel like I am getting my skin very clean. It is the best foaming cleanser I have tried but it is quite expensive.