November 24, 2014 | 1225 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to live and die by this eye liner - that is till I began my love affair with cake and gel liners (but that is another review). This is one of the best liquid liners I have tried - it's easy to apply, the formula isn't too wet (it that makes sense), it's buildable, long lasting, does not flake off and removes with little effort. I prefer the brush application for I can control the thickness of liner better than the felt tip applicator. This is great stuff and the only con I think off is it dries to a shiny finish but what liquid liner doesn't? If you like liquid liners this is a good option to try.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by debluv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

this eyeliner, honestly, is pretty horrible. the only reason i gave it a lippie is because it does have ah- mazing staying power and i live in a really hot and humid place. personally i wouldn't recommend this to anyone because it looks ugly and cheap when its on. plus the fact that it also looks very un-natural when its on, seriously it is wayyy to shiny and scaly looking and peeels off yuck.!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by LorelaiHarlow

This is my favorite liquid liner. Is it perfect? Do I think I'm going to find anything better? No & no.
This is the only waterproof liner I have ever used that actually lives up to it's promise. It peels off rather than washes off, but I prefer it that way due to the staying power. Every liner up until this has smudged throughout the day. I'm seeing a lot of people say its too shiny, but I haven't noticed ANY shine at all.
I don't really mind the brush nor do I find it as hard to use as everyone's complaining. It could be simpler to apply, but all in all the applicator is not a con in my book.
My only complaints is it's hard to put on my bottom eyelids because it gets caught in the lashes & then smudges. However that's not uncommon with liquid liner.
xoxox

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by LorelaiHazen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Carm382

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great for doing cat eyeliner. I bought this several years ago and ended up throwing it away because it had the BRUSH applicator rather than the FELT. Once I got used to applying eyeliner more often , I thought I'd try it again....and I LOVED it! It doesnt smudge and dries quickly enough but not too quickly.

However, I have found that if I apply too much in the corners of my eyes it tends to "break up" and flake which looks stupid and is highly annoying. But for the most part I really like this and it's easy to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by LightningDinosaurr

i thought this product was fantastic at first! the color pigment was great, and it went on nicely. but then throughout the day, it flaked and became.... scaley. it was really gross. i wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was at an event backstage about 2 years ago and someone left this e/l behind in my m/u case by mistake. It sat there that long up until a few days ago when I was out of liquid liner and needed something that was super dark and perhaps waterproof to seal my mac #7 lashes in. Soooo, of course I went ahead and used this. At first glance the brush immediately had me concerned. It was so tiny and flimsy but alas, I was able to create a flawless line. Surpringly, I found this liner to be really rich and dark. A bit on the glossy side like other reviewers had mentioned though. Now, the waterproof part is a joke. This stuff rubs off with one splash of water!!! If you in a bind like I was and this happens to be around you (like it was for me) then by all means use it. But if you are a serious dark liquid or gel e/l wearer, skip this and invest your $ in something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by ut0pia88

The only negative is that it gets shiny after it dries. I like very matte liners that look more charcoal like, this looks really shiny but the quality is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by katarinafin2008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEEEE this product!! I've been using it for about 4 years now and it's just so reliable for me... I have reallyyyyy oily skin and every eye-liner i tried would always smudge by the end of the night or do something weird and make me look like a hot-mess by the end of the night, but this eyeliner stays PUT. i have NEVER had this come off at all, and let me tell you i have the oiliest skin you can imagine. I think the reason people say it's flaking for them is cuz they have dry skin, so just make sure you moisturize and you'll be fine!! Trust me guys that if you buy this you won't be dissapointed, if it can work on my skin (which NOTHING else works for me) trust me that it'll work for you!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 5:52:00 AM More reviews by smiles4c

I don't use this for my eyes, but I draw my "brows" on with it. It's the only liner I've ever found that really won't run or smudge, no matter how oily my skin gets...if it comes off, it peels off like latex, which IMO is much easier to fix than a big smudge across my face. The brush is pretty tiny and good for intricate designs, but I almost wish it had a skinny felt-tip instead - more control than a brush. Still, I haven't found anything better for what I use it for!