Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 6/25/2009 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Really good basic liquid liner. As another reviewer has said, I think some expect too much in a liquid liner. This liner will not budge or fade if properly applied. It's dark and long lasting, yet it is easy to remove at the end of the day. I love the little bottle and I find the brush to be the perfect size for a thin or thicker line. I don't know if I would pay full price for this but I got this BOGOF and if that offer was available again, I would pick this up.

on 6/25/2009 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner so much! the brush isn't the greatest because it's not like a felt tip or anything, it's more like a nail polish brush, except smaller. This comes off sooo easily and doesn't smudge at all! LOVE this!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I used to live and die by this eye liner - that is till I began my love affair with cake and gel liners (but that is another review). This is one of the best liquid liners I have tried - it's easy to apply, the formula isn't too wet (it that makes sense), it's buildable, long lasting, does not flake off and removes with little effort. I prefer the brush application for I can control the thickness of liner better than the felt tip applicator. This is great stuff and the only con I think off is it dries to a shiny finish but what liquid liner doesn't? If you like liquid liners this is a good option to try.

on 6/24/2009 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this eyeliner, honestly, is pretty horrible. the only reason i gave it a lippie is because it does have ah- mazing staying power and i live in a really hot and humid place. personally i wouldn't recommend this to anyone because it looks ugly and cheap when its on. plus the fact that it also looks very un-natural when its on, seriously it is wayyy to shiny and scaly looking and peeels off yuck.!

This is my favorite liquid liner. Is it perfect? Do I think I'm going to find anything better? No & no.
This is the only waterproof liner I have ever used that actually lives up to it's promise. It peels off rather than washes off, but I prefer it that way due to the staying power. Every liner up until this has smudged throughout the day. I'm seeing a lot of people say its too shiny, but I haven't noticed ANY shine at all.
I don't really mind the brush nor do I find it as hard to use as everyone's complaining. It could be simpler to apply, but all in all the applicator is not a con in my book.
My only complaints is it's hard to put on my bottom eyelids because it gets caught in the lashes & then smudges. However that's not uncommon with liquid liner.
xoxox

on 6/10/2009 1:15:00 AM

on 6/5/2009 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great for doing cat eyeliner. I bought this several years ago and ended up throwing it away because it had the BRUSH applicator rather than the FELT. Once I got used to applying eyeliner more often , I thought I'd try it again....and I LOVED it! It doesnt smudge and dries quickly enough but not too quickly.

However, I have found that if I apply too much in the corners of my eyes it tends to "break up" and flake which looks stupid and is highly annoying. But for the most part I really like this and it's easy to use.

i thought this product was fantastic at first! the color pigment was great, and it went on nicely. but then throughout the day, it flaked and became.... scaley. it was really gross. i wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

on 5/31/2009 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was at an event backstage about 2 years ago and someone left this e/l behind in my m/u case by mistake. It sat there that long up until a few days ago when I was out of liquid liner and needed something that was super dark and perhaps waterproof to seal my mac #7 lashes in. Soooo, of course I went ahead and used this. At first glance the brush immediately had me concerned. It was so tiny and flimsy but alas, I was able to create a flawless line. Surpringly, I found this liner to be really rich and dark. A bit on the glossy side like other reviewers had mentioned though. Now, the waterproof part is a joke. This stuff rubs off with one splash of water!!! If you in a bind like I was and this happens to be around you (like it was for me) then by all means use it. But if you are a serious dark liquid or gel e/l wearer, skip this and invest your $ in something else.

on 5/29/2009 1:36:00 PM

The only negative is that it gets shiny after it dries. I like very matte liners that look more charcoal like, this looks really shiny but the quality is good.