October 1, 2014 | 1137 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Biolage - Conditioning Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Kruemmelchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is by far the worst conditioner I have ever tried. I bought it at Target for around 10 Bucks. My hopes were really high for this conditionersince many reviewers on here seem to have great results with this conditioning balm. After shampooing I apllied it on my hair, put a shower cap on top and let it on my hair for about 5 minutes. While rinsing it out I already felt that it didn't make my hair as soft as my phytosesame conditioner. But the real results were obvious on the next day after air drying my hair over night. My hair hasn't been that dry-feeling in a long time!It also weighed my hair down and feels like it didn't quite rinse out that well. I'm very disappointed in this conditioner and won't buy again. In fact I am throwing it away...That's how bad I think it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by g60girl

My HG conditioner. For some reason I get bored I guess and swap out my hair products all the time but I keep coming back to this. My hair gets a lot of heat styling and some coloring so I need a good conditioner to keep it from getting fried. It does a great job of detangling my hair which I always have a problem with.
To offset the price I watch for it to go on sale or buy one get one free at Trade Secret and Beauty First.
The only thing I would change is either the packaging or the thickness of the product. I buy it in the tube and the hole is too small for such a thick product. It comes out, but not easily.
I adore the smell of this stuff. Everytime I go back to it I wonder why I strayed in the first place :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by moongrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a fan of Biolage Conditioning Balm when I grew my hair out (the first time), but after I went back to sporting a pixie, I promptly forgot about it. Now, I have hair past my shoulders again and need a good, strong moisturizing and detangling conditioner. After doing the conditioner rounds and not really finding much I couldn't live without, I picked up some of the Generic Value Biolage Conditioning Balm from Sally's. A whim has turned into love, true love. Pretty much all of the ingredients are truly moisturizing, there are no silicones, and my fine, color-treated hair feels very soft and "even" in texture from roots to tips. Another big plus: it hasn't affected my ability to hold a wave on days I wear my hair down. I've used it as a daily rinse-out and have used it as a deep treat, with and without heat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 1:51:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently went back to using this product. I don't know why I stopped using it in the first place, guess I like to switch up my products too much. Well, this is the only conditioner that I keep going back to because it really makes my dry, dull, highlighted hair feel somewhat healthy. It has a thick consistency and really feels like it's coating my hair (in a good, repairing way). It's expensive, but I abused my hair the past three years and need intensive results. Sometimes you can find it on sale, which is a plus. I will continue to buy this either way.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 2:52:00 AM More reviews by pinkieswear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best conditioner I have EVER come across. Hands down!
Most conditioners leave either a filmy layer over my hair, weighing it down and making it look greasy. Or making my hair prone to frizz...not conditioning enough.
I have very dry, thick hair. Oily at the roots so I need to shampoo every other day.
Conditioning balm makes my hair so absolutely silky and heavenly! I can actually brush through it right after shower. It makes the waves in my hair smoother, making it look more glossy and like I had actually styled my hair. It tames all the volume I have as well.
My hair is much healthier now that I've started using this.
Also, one of the only conditioners I've come across that can double as a deep-conditioner if you leave it in 30 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

I cut off most of my hair yesterday and promptly noticed something I had suspected for awhile: the roots of my much-died, very curly hair did not match the ends, and with my hair now very short it was even more pronounced. I decided to Color Oops it and then redye it - and while I was at Walgreens, I saw that they had a fantastic sale on this Biolage Conditioning Balm, something like $8.00 for the whole large tub. I snapped it up, thinking it'd help keep my hair from becoming absolutely fried with all these treatments. I'm very glad I did! I used this stuff for a couple of years in the late 90s when I was still in middle school and had longer virgin hair, and it worked well then. I didn't even bother using the included conditioner with the hair dye I applied this morning, only used this, as I had last night after the Color Oops. Not only is my hair NOT falling out or morphing into a straight fright wig, but it feels soft and still has good curl definition, which I credit to the Biolage. This IS expensive, but it's very rich, and even for the chemically or chronically parched, a little can go a long way. This is really nice stuff, guys, and unlike most conditioners I've tried, I actually love the smell of this. Worth a purchase or try if you're a hair abuser. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ashtonk7903

I love this stuff!! It rescued my hair after using an expensive shampoo that completely dried my hair out...I have very fine hair so it is sooooo easy to weigh it down. I shampooed, rinsed and then put in the conditioning balm and let it sit for the suggested 3 minutes. I dried my hair and my color was deeper, hair was shinier and softer and full of body. I even decided not to straighten it which i barely ever walk out of the house without doing so. This didn't weight my hair down at all. Also, I went to Sally Beauty and bought the Biotera version of this, same results and at an even better price. Definitely rebuying...probably continue to use it one to two times a week.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Update 5/2/10: I forgot that I had tried this before. Same thing: My hair was coated, but didn't feel moisturized. Just coated. I'm staring to think that my hair doesn't like hardcore humectants because the same thing happens when I use products with a large amount of glycerin - coated but dry. Would not repurchase.

Original review:

After reading all the rave reviews for this product I went out and bought a tube of it for $15.00.
I shampooed with a moisturizing shampoo then slathered this on. I had a problem applying it because it was in a tube with a little hole for distribution. My hands were slippery from putting the conditioner in my hair and I couldn't get a good grip on the tube. It kept sliding out of my hands because you have to squeeze it pretty hard to get the conditioning balm out.
After applying it, I let it sit in my hair for about 20 minutes then rinsed. I wash my hair using the bathtub faucet and even then I couldn't get all of the balm off of my scalp.
I rinsed for what felt like forever(probably 15 minutes). When my hair dried it wasn't *that* moisturized and I had a thick layer of gunk on my scalp. :-(
The smell was pleasant and natural but the conditioning aspects weren't what I would have expected for such an expensive product.
Bottom line: My scalp was gunky, my hair wasn't conditioned, it's expensive. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by xbtex

I am lucky that I got to try this product (and the shampoo) out for free!

Otherwise, I doubt I'd even buy it due to pricing. I love the smell of the Biolage but that is it. The conditioner leaves my hair feeling strange and often causes me to have break outs on my scalp. It doesn't really condition my hair or leave it feeling nice; my hair is frizzy right now with minor build up.

Earlier this year I bought knock of version of this conditioner at Sally's. I had the same results. I was hoping the actual product would be even better than the knock off...which is disappointing.

I can't win with this product but I hope it agrees with other's hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2007 4:12:00 AM More reviews by kelseydawn

Took this to Mexico, left it in all day and it completely saved my hair from drying out! Love the smell but noticed there was WAY too much build up making my hair flat,flat&flat!! Changed products but would use agian on my next tropical vaca!