April 24, 2014 | 1353 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Biolage - Conditioning Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 2:52:00 AM More reviews by pinkieswear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best conditioner I have EVER come across. Hands down!
Most conditioners leave either a filmy layer over my hair, weighing it down and making it look greasy. Or making my hair prone to frizz...not conditioning enough.
I have very dry, thick hair. Oily at the roots so I need to shampoo every other day.
Conditioning balm makes my hair so absolutely silky and heavenly! I can actually brush through it right after shower. It makes the waves in my hair smoother, making it look more glossy and like I had actually styled my hair. It tames all the volume I have as well.
My hair is much healthier now that I've started using this.
Also, one of the only conditioners I've come across that can double as a deep-conditioner if you leave it in 30 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

I cut off most of my hair yesterday and promptly noticed something I had suspected for awhile: the roots of my much-died, very curly hair did not match the ends, and with my hair now very short it was even more pronounced. I decided to Color Oops it and then redye it - and while I was at Walgreens, I saw that they had a fantastic sale on this Biolage Conditioning Balm, something like $8.00 for the whole large tub. I snapped it up, thinking it'd help keep my hair from becoming absolutely fried with all these treatments. I'm very glad I did! I used this stuff for a couple of years in the late 90s when I was still in middle school and had longer virgin hair, and it worked well then. I didn't even bother using the included conditioner with the hair dye I applied this morning, only used this, as I had last night after the Color Oops. Not only is my hair NOT falling out or morphing into a straight fright wig, but it feels soft and still has good curl definition, which I credit to the Biolage. This IS expensive, but it's very rich, and even for the chemically or chronically parched, a little can go a long way. This is really nice stuff, guys, and unlike most conditioners I've tried, I actually love the smell of this. Worth a purchase or try if you're a hair abuser. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ashtonk7903

I love this stuff!! It rescued my hair after using an expensive shampoo that completely dried my hair out...I have very fine hair so it is sooooo easy to weigh it down. I shampooed, rinsed and then put in the conditioning balm and let it sit for the suggested 3 minutes. I dried my hair and my color was deeper, hair was shinier and softer and full of body. I even decided not to straighten it which i barely ever walk out of the house without doing so. This didn't weight my hair down at all. Also, I went to Sally Beauty and bought the Biotera version of this, same results and at an even better price. Definitely rebuying...probably continue to use it one to two times a week.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Update 5/2/10: I forgot that I had tried this before. Same thing: My hair was coated, but didn't feel moisturized. Just coated. I'm staring to think that my hair doesn't like hardcore humectants because the same thing happens when I use products with a large amount of glycerin - coated but dry. Would not repurchase.

Original review:

After reading all the rave reviews for this product I went out and bought a tube of it for $15.00.
I shampooed with a moisturizing shampoo then slathered this on. I had a problem applying it because it was in a tube with a little hole for distribution. My hands were slippery from putting the conditioner in my hair and I couldn't get a good grip on the tube. It kept sliding out of my hands because you have to squeeze it pretty hard to get the conditioning balm out.
After applying it, I let it sit in my hair for about 20 minutes then rinsed. I wash my hair using the bathtub faucet and even then I couldn't get all of the balm off of my scalp.
I rinsed for what felt like forever(probably 15 minutes). When my hair dried it wasn't *that* moisturized and I had a thick layer of gunk on my scalp. :-(
The smell was pleasant and natural but the conditioning aspects weren't what I would have expected for such an expensive product.
Bottom line: My scalp was gunky, my hair wasn't conditioned, it's expensive. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by xbtex

I am lucky that I got to try this product (and the shampoo) out for free!

Otherwise, I doubt I'd even buy it due to pricing. I love the smell of the Biolage but that is it. The conditioner leaves my hair feeling strange and often causes me to have break outs on my scalp. It doesn't really condition my hair or leave it feeling nice; my hair is frizzy right now with minor build up.

Earlier this year I bought knock of version of this conditioner at Sally's. I had the same results. I was hoping the actual product would be even better than the knock off...which is disappointing.

I can't win with this product but I hope it agrees with other's hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2007 4:12:00 AM More reviews by kelseydawn

Took this to Mexico, left it in all day and it completely saved my hair from drying out! Love the smell but noticed there was WAY too much build up making my hair flat,flat&flat!! Changed products but would use agian on my next tropical vaca!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very thick hair that tends to get dry alot. This conditioner is great and smells good too. I also use the biolage shine when i blow dry my hair and my hair is soft n silky!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 4:08:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this conditioning balm. It's super moisturizing, esp. b/c I have thick, dry, colored hair. I use it instead of regular conditioner, since I haven't been able to find a regular conditioner that keeps my hair moisturized. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by kei_fujo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is my HG conditioner. i am really hard on my hair. coloring it constantly, going from black to blonde, and flatiron it every day. this is the best conditioner i have found that will deeply moisturize but not weigh my hair down. i recommend this to all my clients who have a need for serious hair help!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by natalierose

I've bought this so many times...can't believe I've never rewiewed it. I have fine, BSL hair and this is my perfect rinse-out condish. It does require more rinsing than a lighter conditioner, but the extra effort is worth it IMO. It makes my hair soft and shiny, and not plasticky or waxy like most -cone conditioners. I don't need any leave-ins or anything after I use this conditioner, which is great because I like to keep things simple. I know my hair will always look great when I use this, so I will keep repurchasing.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging. The tube collects water in the cap...and opening a jar in the shower is annoying. I buy the jar now because I use it so much.