November 27, 2014 | 1475 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2003 2:52:00 AM More reviews by wongy74

finally an spf higher than 15 from a reputable, non-beach brand. i mean, what does 15 do? given the uv danger these days, i hardly think the minimum of 15 is adequate.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2003 10:56:00 PM More reviews by leiradent

I've been using this product for over 2 years and I LOVE IT!! I don't wear makeup everyday but I don't leave my house without it and if I need more coverage just apply powder.... I have combination skin and haven't break me out or nothing. I won't change it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2003 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Carrie21

It does the job of a regular sunscreen minus the grease. The weather matters too in this case cuz it'll be a tad bit greasy to use it in humid weather while it's just right during winter. Din really like the colour of the tint as it's too pale. It's a good physical sunblock in all as I didn't break out from it. How I wish Clinique products will print out their ingredients on their boxes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2003 1:22:00 AM More reviews by cinnamongrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail sunscreen (for the face, anyway.) I can only wear non-chemical sunscreens (e.g. zinc oxide, titanium dioxide) because the chemical varieties (avobenzone, Parsol 1789) make me break out in a hideous, itchy rash. I stumbled across this product a few years ago and haven't looked back since. Unlike a few other reviewers, I don't find that the colour of the product (a light brownish shade) shows up on my skin, and I am very fair. Also, I don't mind the scent - it's unscented, so it naturally doesn't smell wonderful. I prefer unscented products on my face as they have less potential to cause irritation. It's probably not going to work very well for someone with oily skin, because it's an occlusive sunblock that will likely clog already blocked pores. But for normal/dry/sensitive skin, it's truly an amazing sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2003 9:00:00 PM More reviews by celedine

This was too greasy for me. Even though I have dry/combo skin - that is not so dry in hotter months. Also it has color to it, which doesn't really show up, but I still didn't like it - I have pale/fair skin that's lighter than the color of this product. I actually have a friend who has a darker complexion, and she uses this kind of like a tinted moisturizer. It felt like it 'covered' my face. Also it has a strange smell that wasn't that great either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 6:01:00 PM More reviews by BEVERLYS

This was just an average product for me. It's kind of like a lightly tinted moisturizer with SPF in it, so I don't use foundation on top of this. I like the SPF25, but I find that it does become a bit greasy after awhile, like most sunscreens are. This wouldn't look nice on darker skins IMHO, because the tint is fairly light and will just give you this odd whiteish cast on your skin. Scent wise, it has a pretty strange artificial scent, but it's nothing too horrid so it's tolerable, though I don't like my boyfriend kissing me or my face straight after applying it :P

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2003 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ladyv

This is an o.k sunscreen if it didn't broke me out. It gives very (very) sheer coverage, blends pretty easily and not as greasy as its older version(?) with SPF15. However it made me feel greasy after a few hours, and it definitely made me break out. I don't really like how it feels on my skin either. I never had any luck with Clinique, but this worked very well with my mom, so I thought it would be o.k with me too (it wasn't).It's not horrible, but I'm not buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2003 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Ariella4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definetly my holy grail sunblock. it disappears into my skin, moisturising me, but not leaving me disgustingly oily. definetly a good buy because you get a nice big tube of it at a fair price!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2003 6:00:00 AM More reviews by juliazulia

This is a tinted sunscreen, but the colour disappears after a few minutes. When I use a moisturizer under it, it leaves a very smooth and matte finish on my skin and it evens out my skintone. It is difficult to blend out on my face, which I don't like. The price was 20 euro's (approximately the same as 20 dollars) for 20 ml (1.4 oz) which I think is awfully expensive, especially since I use sunscreen very generously.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2003 8:15:00 AM More reviews by kitty_catalina

I keep buying this because I know that it has an SPF of 25 and the smell doesn't bother me (EL's did), plus it was all that was available in my old hometown dept. store). It works to keep your face protected, but I find the consistency a little odd, once on my face. Maybe the tint just doesn't work with my MMM skin.