September 20, 2014 | 1761 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2003 9:00:00 PM More reviews by celedine

This was too greasy for me. Even though I have dry/combo skin - that is not so dry in hotter months. Also it has color to it, which doesn't really show up, but I still didn't like it - I have pale/fair skin that's lighter than the color of this product. I actually have a friend who has a darker complexion, and she uses this kind of like a tinted moisturizer. It felt like it 'covered' my face. Also it has a strange smell that wasn't that great either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 6:01:00 PM More reviews by BEVERLYS

This was just an average product for me. It's kind of like a lightly tinted moisturizer with SPF in it, so I don't use foundation on top of this. I like the SPF25, but I find that it does become a bit greasy after awhile, like most sunscreens are. This wouldn't look nice on darker skins IMHO, because the tint is fairly light and will just give you this odd whiteish cast on your skin. Scent wise, it has a pretty strange artificial scent, but it's nothing too horrid so it's tolerable, though I don't like my boyfriend kissing me or my face straight after applying it :P

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2003 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ladyv

This is an o.k sunscreen if it didn't broke me out. It gives very (very) sheer coverage, blends pretty easily and not as greasy as its older version(?) with SPF15. However it made me feel greasy after a few hours, and it definitely made me break out. I don't really like how it feels on my skin either. I never had any luck with Clinique, but this worked very well with my mom, so I thought it would be o.k with me too (it wasn't).It's not horrible, but I'm not buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2003 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Ariella4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definetly my holy grail sunblock. it disappears into my skin, moisturising me, but not leaving me disgustingly oily. definetly a good buy because you get a nice big tube of it at a fair price!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2003 6:00:00 AM More reviews by juliazulia

This is a tinted sunscreen, but the colour disappears after a few minutes. When I use a moisturizer under it, it leaves a very smooth and matte finish on my skin and it evens out my skintone. It is difficult to blend out on my face, which I don't like. The price was 20 euro's (approximately the same as 20 dollars) for 20 ml (1.4 oz) which I think is awfully expensive, especially since I use sunscreen very generously.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2003 8:15:00 AM More reviews by kitty_catalina

I keep buying this because I know that it has an SPF of 25 and the smell doesn't bother me (EL's did), plus it was all that was available in my old hometown dept. store). It works to keep your face protected, but I find the consistency a little odd, once on my face. Maybe the tint just doesn't work with my MMM skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2003 3:31:00 AM More reviews by crimqueen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good physical sunblock, though I wish the SPF were a bit higher. It tends to leave me a bit greasy and clammy white looking, but it's a good lightweight foundation substitute, if I dust powder on top.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2002 9:36:00 PM More reviews by smookitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was ok. It didn't burn or irritate my skin, or make me breakout, which is a huge plus. But it felt like I had a mask on my face BAD. I was so horrified this summer because I looked at myself in Saks with it on and I was a big sweaty faced biatch! It was very embarrassing. Needless to say, I couldn't bring myself to use it again, so I swapped it away, and don't regret it! Luckily I have found better too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2002 12:42:00 AM More reviews by atshai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't know how I live without this product. I love it! The point is it didn't give me breakouts. The not-so-creamy texture makes it a great sunblock to put over your moisturizer. The pricing is also great, rather than buying Shiseido's (more expensive) which has a similar product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2002 8:05:00 PM More reviews by killerbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a good product, but it's a little greasy and I find that the City Block SPF 15 is a lighter and less sticky. I can't stand sticky sunscreens. For everyday use, and if you don't live in the tropics, I would go with the SPF 15 version.