July 31, 2014 | 1039 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by AlwysNSrch

I usually do not use toner as I have very sensitive combination skin. Usually toner over processes my skin and causes more oil or it will irritate my skin. This toner does neither -- it simply removes more residue and leaves my skin clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by beaddamned

Very gentle, never leaves my skin feeling tight or dry. Seems to remove the little extras that my cleanser does not.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 1:34:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a small sample amount in a makeup pack from an auction site. It didn't agree with me, it seemed like highly fragranced water and stung my skin. When it dried, my skin looked and felt uncomfortabley stretched and shiny like I was wearing a tightening & drying mask, even though I have oily skin and don't usually have that problem.
Nice to try but not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by oh_darling

I like this toner. I have pretty normal skin, maybe a little on the oily side, and it works really well. It doesn't dry me out or cause breakouts.
If you have skin that is pretty well under control and doesn't need a really strong toner, I recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2007 3:31:00 AM More reviews by faramita

Nothing special. It is gentle but with no hydrating effect. All it does might be some additional cleaning which is not necessary

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't love this toner. It just seems a bit filmy to me. It doesn't have a gross smell, which is nice. It isn't horrible overall, but I am not wowed by it. I will use up the bottle I have, but I plan on going back to L'Oreal Hydrafresh toner once this is gone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using various toners on and off for years. Since my skin is combination, leaning toward oily in the warmer months, I have usually used alcohol based toners, with the intentions of removing all traces of m/u and excess oil after cleansing. As I get closer to 40, I found the alcohol based toners were too drying and harsh, so I quit using them all together. Then I read a review in a magazine raving about this Alcohol-Free Toner. It was mid-summer here in Atlanta, and my face was slick and shiny. I missed using toner, so I bought a bottle of this at CVS. I love it! It has a light, fresh, clean scent. It removes all traces of m/u, dirt, grime and oil from my skin, but still leaves it soft. After about two weeks of twice a day use, I noticed my skin was feeling less oily overall, and my pores appeared smaller. It never stings, or burns my skin, and never leaves it feeling tight or dry. Now I remember why I like toner so much....I really feel like it is the extra step to getting my oily skin under control.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2007 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Sweet_and_Tarty

I have oily tzones and during the summer time it gets really bad. Anyway, I really wanted this to work, but sadly it broke me out. Nowhere does it state it's a non-comedogenic so yea, my face was pretty bad. It clogged my pores causing huge, nasty acne. As soon as I stopped using this my face was back to normal. Maybe because during the summer time the heat heats up my face, like steam, opening my pores. I just gave this to my sister who has dry skin, so we'll see if it works for her or not, til then I'm off in search of the perfect alcohol free toner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on the advice of the reviews here. I also had the same experience as some of the others-by the time I got home some of it had spilled inside of my shopping bag. So onto my review-I really like how fresh it makes my skin feel. I use it after my evening shower and I don't need moisturizer this is enough for me but it does tend to dry a bit sticky on me. I also realized that it was an all too familiar product and then it hit me-it totally reminds me of a very expensive Shiseido toner that I stopped using a while ago because it just got too pricey. The way it smells and the way it goes on is almost exactly like Shiseido's very expensive one. I would recommend it especially becasue it is reasonably priced and it makes for a fresh feeling face. I do have to advise though it does tend to be a tiny bit sticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this toner! I bought it last week after having used Olay's Refreshing Toner for a few years. I got tired of my face feeling so tight after using it and having to slap moisturizer on my face immediately. The Olay has alcohol in it. This doesn't and my face feels really fresh after I wash my face. I also like the light scent. The bottle is quite large for the price and once you snap off the top, there is a hole there if you want to limit the amount or you can just unscrew the top (like I do). Yes, I will buy again...very nice! May try the Nivea brand too...get's good reviews here.