Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 9/29/2011 12:15:00 PM

Initially, I really liked this. It really helped heal my active breakouts helped prevent them...for a while. After about a month of using this, my breakouts returned. Granted, it still helped heal them well but I've found a facial soap I like using better than this (Lush's Fresh Farmacy...AMAZING).

I still like using this as a body wash, though. I scrub it onto a body brush and it lathers up really nicely

on 9/16/2011 9:18:00 PM

I LOVE Dove! I have been using Dove since I was 12 and nothing else compares. I have tried many cleansers, soaps, etc. over the years and I always go back to Dove! I think it is one of the reasons that people always think I am many years younger than I am. I am 43 and people always mistake me for being in my early thirties, which I love! I encourage my daughters to use Dove as well. They will have to learn like I did, that Dove works the best.

on 9/16/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've finally accepted that nothing else on the market will ever, ever clean my dry, sensitive, rosacea-prone skin like Dove can! I have messed around with Chanel, Philosophy, Aveeno, and several lines from Clinique. I wind up either with break-outs, irritation, or tight, stripped-feeling skin.

Dove has never once made my face feel anything but clean, soothed, and healthy. It's creamy but has never once given me blemishes. (I never break out, so when I try a new cleanser and start seeing pimples, I know what the culprit is!) Even if I try one of their fragranced beauty bars, such as the 'Summer' scent, my skin is never left irritated. For years, I tried to see if there was anything better on the market for my incredibly delicate, fussy skin. After every disappointment, I come back to Dove! This also happens to be the only bar soap I can use on my face. It's truly a unique product, as far as my own epidermis is concerned.

No, it's not fancy or designer or esoteric or cutting edge. That's fine with me. I figure I'm lucky. The less I pay on a cleanser that works wonder for my skin, the more money I can spend on cosmetics and perfume! I fervently pray that the formula never changes and that Dove never goes out of business; I honestly don't know what else I'd use on my face!

on 9/10/2011 6:28:00 PM

Such a wonderful product, I hope they never change the formula - although they've been using the same one for so long I doubt they will. I have used this in white, exfoliating, and cool fresh, and I love all of them, although I prefer the smell of the white the best. It's just so fresh and clean! It leaves my skin moisturized (never squeaky). I can even use this on my face when I'm out of face wash and it won't break me out or make my skin feel tight. It could be a bit drying if used on the face all the time, though - it depends on your skin type. It definitely won't irritate it, though. My boyfriend loves this too! It is definitely a unisex soap, unless your guy insists on slathering himself with sporty-smelling products. I'll keep using this as long as they make it!

on 9/7/2011 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have spent years trying every possible cleanser, skin care routine and body washes, I decided to go back to the basics. Upon going through menopause my sensitive skin became radically more sensitive. I used this soap as my only beauty routine when I was a teenager and decided to try it again. I LOVE IT! I use this exclusively as my face wash and body soap,I also occasionly use the Dove exfoliater bar.My skin has improved and I only use a basic moisturizer. I am so glad I went back to this and my wallet is very happy.

on 9/7/2011 7:47:00 PM

Love, love, love this soap. I replaced my liquid body wash with Dove bar soap over a year ago and I'll never go back. I use it for my face and body. My skin is left feeling clean but never dry & tight. It lathers well and it just feels good on my skin. I've tried several versions of Dove just because I like the variety. I've found them all to work well and the scents are pleasant without being overpowering. I prefer the sensitive skin version for my face and most often use the white beauty bar for my body. It's very affordable and easily found in many stores. You can buy it for as little as $1 / bar when it's on sale. It's a simple & effective staple in my daily routine.

on 9/7/2011 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Perfect, perfect for acne prone skin. I thought I would break out like crazy when my derm recommended me to wash with this if I feel dry/irritated from my acne regimen. My dermatologist recommended the sensitive skin bar. I have Never ever EVER been able to use bar soap on my face, and most cleansers are way too drying for me. I've been using the Dove white bar for a while now on my acne-prone skin, and it is great. I use a makeup remover wipe first mostly for my eye makeup,then wash with this and I don't need much it lathers a lot,pat dry. Dove removes my makeup without over drying or irritating. Just be sure to rinse it completely off and I keep splashing water on my face and my face loves it. So many things break me out esp SOAP this doesn't somehow it calms everything down. For the few people that broke out from this I am wondering if they did not remove all of the soap and it left a residue or if they used the scented one and it did not agree with them.

My son has psoriasis and this is the only soap that is non irritating for him that he uses also. I always grab the little sample bars from his pediatricians' office since they are so cute and in case of an emergency or backup

on 9/3/2011 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

No fancy gift baskets of soaps and body washes for me, thank you. This little product has been all that I've ever needed. It leaves my skin clean, soft and moisturized. It leaves no residue and my skin does not feel tight after use. The scent does not compete with any of my perfumes. My dry skin could not live without this. Oh, and yes, I've even used it on my face in a pinch. I bet I could use it on my face daily and be very happy with the results, but I'm just as loyal to my face wash as I am to this little gem. Dove Beauty Bar is the one product that I absolutely can't live without.

on 9/1/2011 2:25:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I cannot believe so many people find tis bar suitable as a face and body cleanser. I used this as a teenager when it first come out in my country (I was 13-14 years old) and it made my acne-prone skin at that time so much worse. I won't use it on my body, since I don't like Dove lotions anyway and I never wash my body with soap bars. I can only imagine repurchasing this as a hand soap. Although I don't even like it as a hand soap since it leaves nasty film on the palms of my hands. Brr

Dove soap will never let you down. Infact is not even soap, its a moisturizing bar (1/4 moisturizer) so it leaves dry and flakey skin smooth and non-irratated! It cleans your skin fabulous and even takes off the most stubborn make-up. On the other hand... The Dove company is destroying rain forests; seeking the moisturizing ingredient "palm oil", in turn leaving 3rd world countries in the dust. Besides the high quality, well trusted soap, people are dying and rainforests are being ravenged. Please buy in moderation.