August 28, 2014 | 1467 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by specialribbons

This gave me painful cystic acne =I wish it had worked for me like it had worked for everyone else X_X

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday in the shower, it has a pleasant scent and really makes me feel clean. My only complaint is that it does leave me a bit dry but not scaly dry just dry in a few areas. I tend to always mosturize anyways but sometimes if I happen to forget my knees or ankles may itch. But it's not enough to make me stop using it. I have started using this on my face in the morning and in my opinion I believe it makes my makeup last longer and makes my face super soft! Overall it's a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by kiimmy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looooove this. It's so moisturizing unlike other bar soaps. Smells nice too, but not overpowering. I sometimes use it to take off my makeup when I'm out of my cleanser, and then I wipe my face with a makeup remover wipe and it seems to do a great job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

this is the best soap i have ever used in my life. i like caress too but that leaves me abit dry.
dove does not. it smells great and ive grown up with it. its expensive in australia so when my mum goes to america she comes back with alot of them and i always dread them running out. it doesnt leave my waxy, dry or chapped feeling. i love this soap.
i have never tried it on my face, i am prone to breaking out and i dont think i am game enough to try. ill stick with my cetaphil cleansing bar/cetaphil oily face cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Update 7/1/13: Like an idiot I tried going back to gel/cream/liquid face washes about 6 months ago. Big mistake. My skin was breaking out and, stupid me, I didn't put 2+2 together until a couple of months ago. Now I'm back to Dove Beauty Bar and CLEAR SKIN!!! I've actually had compliments on my skin and am told that it glows. All I do is wash with Dove soap and *sometimes* use a moisturizer at night(Cetaphil, Olay, etc.). Will never go back to liquid face washes ever again!

Original review:

I LOVE THIS SOAP!!!!! I can't say that enough! Between this and Cetaphil Lotion and Cream, my facial acne is basically gone except for the lingering brown spots which are fading very quickly!

My skin has been crazy for the past 10 years since I had my son. I've tried *EVERYTHING* on the market. The thing that had worked the best to keep my skin 'kind of' clear was Clinque 3-Step, but it dried the hell out of my skin. :-( After a while, I guess my skin became immune because it was STILL breaking out, plus oily, PLUS dry, and I was developing tiny little wrinkles in my skin and it had an unhealthy "waxy" appearance.

I basically gave up on my skin and decided that if I was gonna break out and be oily no matter what I used, then I could at least keep it moisturized. So I started with Cetaphil liquid cleanser and/or bar soap alternately and would follow with the Cetaphil lotion during the a.m. and the cream in the p.m. At first I worried I would break out horribly, but that didn't happen. Instead, my skin cleared up! I still get a small pimple here or there at that time of the month, but they go away quickly and don't leave scars! When I ran out of the Cetaphil Bar I decided to get another because it's more covenient than the liquid. When I saw that the Cetaphil Bar was $5 and an 8 pack of Dove was on sale for $6 -AND- the first 4 main ingredients are the same(!), well duh, I got the Dove.

My skin is still soft and clear, and it has lovely fresh scent. I'm sooo glad I tried bar soap on my face! I never thought it would work after reading about bar soap being so bad for you, but it's a lie. I really feel like a lot of liquid cleansers are more drying and leave a slimely film that can break you out maybe even more than bar soap. But that's just my experience.

Will definitely repurchase.

FYI: Here's the ingredient list for Cetaphil vs. Dove so you can see that you don't have to pay $ for the Cetaphil bar. :-)

Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate

Dove Beauty Bar: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Isethionate, Coconut Acid, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Trisodium

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by MeganHan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love this soap. It is so moisturizing, leaves a light scent, and feels soft on my skin when I use it. I typically use a body wash on a day to day basis, but I always use my dove beauty bar to shave in the shower. It works better than shaving cream IMO. I always have this soap stocked in my bathroom.. can't live without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am loving this soap so much!! Short backstory to how I became aware of this little gem, I was with my sisnlaw one day and noticed how soft and supple her face looked, I even reached out and touched it, lol, but anyway I asked her what she was using, and she told me Dove!! I was like no way!! I ran out that night and bought me some and wow!! Never looked back. It cleans and does not dry out, my favorite thing about it which came as a surprise and made me love it even more was that it washed off my mascara!! Yes!! Not even my face wash would do that! This is now HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieloveslipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best soap ever. Great for my face and body. The dermatologist I work for would not recommend anything else. Neither would I.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by loislancater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have read hundreads of reviews on here and this is the my first time writing a review because i am passionate about this product! I used this as wash on my face for years and it always worked for me. All the while i was fine with my skin, it was clear aside from the odd pimple id get between my eyes, but i never blamed that on dove, that was just my face lol. About four months ago, i wanted to treat some little bumps i was getting on my cheeks, i think they were due to some mild keraosis pilaris on my face ( i have it on other parts of my body) i also thought it was time to treat myself to a more expensive cleanser. so i started trying all these more expensive skin care prducts (liz earle c&p, elizabeth arden) and i also tryed using olive oil as a moisturizer thinking it would be all holistic and natural. Needless to say my skin went crazy! i broke out in huge pimples all over my face. So then i started buying stuff to treat acne! well that just irritated my skin even more! now im back to my dove soap and it feels great, im left with a few dark marks on my cheeks that will fade soon and some bumps/acne on my forehead still. im hoping that i have not done any perm damage and that with continued use of the dove soap my face will go back to normal. if i can give any advice it would be stick to what you know and the less products you try the happier your skin will be :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I used this many years ago and still do now from time-to-time. It really does make my skin feel softer and I know it contains the 1/4 moisturizing cream claim because it is the only soap that hasn't left my skin feeling ''squeaky/waxy'' like after showering. I feel I need less lotion after as well. Smells very perfume-like, but also comes in an unscented version for those sensitive to smell.