Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 8/12/2003 1:24:00 AM

This is a very nice average foundation. It gives me a light and natural look, which i really like. I wouldnt get this if u want a very made up face. I have it in Buff Biege and it suits my color very nicely. Rave from me!

on 8/8/2003 6:03:00 PM

I love this foundation...and I've tried so many expensive ones. It glides onto my skin, gives me a natural look...I use soft honey...and with a dusting of loose powder, stays put all day. The thing I like best about it is that I cannot see any pores on my face when I use this. Since reaching my late 40s, and thinking I needed a more expensive foundation, my pores have been more noticable. This is my HG foundation.

on 8/5/2003 12:06:00 AM

I thought it went on kind of heavy, and the coverage wasn't very good. I have combination skin, acne prone, with slight redness around the nose/chin area. This foundation was cakey; it went on smoothly enough, but dried too quickly. I have fair skin w/ freckles, and the color was too pinkish. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 6/15/2003 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't know how everyone is finding this to be so great but for me this product gave me no coverage at all. It was like putting some moisturizer or lotion on my face or something.

on 6/2/2003 5:05:00 PM

Don't tell anyone, but I got this from my mother on a visit home. (Hey, I could tell that Classic Ivory--a great yellow-toned shade-- wasn't her color...) Feels great on my normal-ish (can get oily) skin. Wonderful, blendable color and sheer, camoflauging coverage. Rave from me.

on 5/7/2003 3:33:00 PM

I think that "all day hydrating" is rather misleading because I have combination skin that can get very oily sometimes. I first bought this foundation when my skin was feeling a little drier than usual. However, I find that I love it even when my skin is oilier. I dust a little loose powder over it and I don't get shiny until mid afternoon - which is a big improvement over products I've used that are made for oily skin. I'm using creamy natural, which is a perfect match for my skin.

on 4/11/2003 9:16:00 AM

I purchased a trial of this when my skin was parched as it tends to be in the winter. This did not blend in well and felt heavy and greasy. Color selection was not good, even in the full sizes. I will not try this again.

on 2/27/2003 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is just ok. The color is a little too pinkish (but isn't that they way all CG is), however that is easily remedied by mixing it with another tinted foundation I own. The problem is that it claims to hydrate the skin for 11 hours. Well, it would be nice if it would just hydrate my skin for a minute. I have very dry skin and it does nothing to help it(and nothing to harm it, it does not cause me to break out). It tends to cling to dry patches, but I guess all foundation does that. And I do moisturize before I apply. It's nothing special, but it's certainly not a bad foundation.

on 1/7/2003 7:35:00 PM

I love this foundation! While it didn't feel very hydrating at first, after it dried, my skin felt very smooth, soft, and poreless. Soft Honey was a pretty close match for me; my only concern is that it wears off by the end of the day - but hey, nobody's perfect!

on 7/29/2002 3:47:00 PM

I received a sample of this in the mail, and I absolutely hate it! It was too thick, and not very moisturizing. Plus, when I saw my face in the sunlight, it looked as if every hair on my face was coated and defined by this stuff - not what you want at all!