October 22, 2014 | 2066 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2002 11:19:00 AM More reviews by rlo6

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have normal/dry skin and there was absolutely nothing hydrating about this product. I found this gel formula harder to evenly spread on my face and the end result looked dry, unnatural and settled into the pores on my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2002 11:04:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

This is a really excellent drugstore foundation. It is somewhat misnamed--the finish is indeed smooth but there is absolutely nothing hydrating about it. In fact it has a fairly matte, somewhat powdery finish and is probably not Cover Girl's best foundation for dry skin. That aside, this does go on very smooth and soft and has decent staying power. The coverage is light to medium. The color selection is good, especially for drugstore standards. There are some really nice, neutral yellow based shades available. However, the packaging is a real pain because it is not only opaque, but the color of the tube is an entirely different color from the foundation inside. Do not rely on the color of the tube in picking a shade. The one positive thing about it is that most places I've been to sell little sample packages with three shades you can try. If you have trouble deciding on a shade I would suggest purchasing one of the sample packs first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2002 9:10:00 PM More reviews by glitter123

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Even though i like the packaging, becuz of the squeeze-able tube, and the easy application, the plastic tube makes it harder to find a good color match. The plastic seems to make the color look slightly different. I did like the coverage tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2001 1:57:00 PM More reviews by MaryB

I love this foundation! I bought the color Classic Ivory and it was a perfect match. Absolutely melted into my skin, giving me a glowy, even, natural look. Got a tad shiny by the end of the day, but that's a given with my oily skin. I adore this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2001 3:24:00 PM More reviews by windex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this stuff goes on well and feels light, but it makes my skin break out like crazy..probably because im already oily skin based

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2001 6:39:00 AM More reviews by CindyLou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation! Though I haven't tried VL's Water Canvas or comparable products yet (a little pricey for me), among drug store brands this is my new favorite. I have decent skin, so I don't need heavy coverage, and I'd really not want that either! If you prefer makeup to be light, moisturizing, and use it only for evening out your skintone, then this is one to try. I use "Soft Honey" as my shade, and it looks perfectly natural. I have gotten a few compliments about how great my skin looks when wearing this.

The other bonus to this foundation is that it comes in a handy, flat squeeze-bottle form. No glass bottles to break or take up tons of space and easy, cleaner dispensing. You can easily slide this into a makeup bag. Applying this foundation along with a dusting of loose powder on top, and your skin is set.