Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 5/7/2003 3:33:00 PM

I think that "all day hydrating" is rather misleading because I have combination skin that can get very oily sometimes. I first bought this foundation when my skin was feeling a little drier than usual. However, I find that I love it even when my skin is oilier. I dust a little loose powder over it and I don't get shiny until mid afternoon - which is a big improvement over products I've used that are made for oily skin. I'm using creamy natural, which is a perfect match for my skin.

on 4/11/2003 9:16:00 AM

I purchased a trial of this when my skin was parched as it tends to be in the winter. This did not blend in well and felt heavy and greasy. Color selection was not good, even in the full sizes. I will not try this again.

on 2/27/2003 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is just ok. The color is a little too pinkish (but isn't that they way all CG is), however that is easily remedied by mixing it with another tinted foundation I own. The problem is that it claims to hydrate the skin for 11 hours. Well, it would be nice if it would just hydrate my skin for a minute. I have very dry skin and it does nothing to help it(and nothing to harm it, it does not cause me to break out). It tends to cling to dry patches, but I guess all foundation does that. And I do moisturize before I apply. It's nothing special, but it's certainly not a bad foundation.

on 1/7/2003 7:35:00 PM

I love this foundation! While it didn't feel very hydrating at first, after it dried, my skin felt very smooth, soft, and poreless. Soft Honey was a pretty close match for me; my only concern is that it wears off by the end of the day - but hey, nobody's perfect!

on 7/29/2002 3:47:00 PM

I received a sample of this in the mail, and I absolutely hate it! It was too thick, and not very moisturizing. Plus, when I saw my face in the sunlight, it looked as if every hair on my face was coated and defined by this stuff - not what you want at all!

on 4/2/2002 11:19:00 AM

I have normal/dry skin and there was absolutely nothing hydrating about this product. I found this gel formula harder to evenly spread on my face and the end result looked dry, unnatural and settled into the pores on my cheeks.

on 3/4/2002 11:04:00 PM

This is a really excellent drugstore foundation. It is somewhat misnamed--the finish is indeed smooth but there is absolutely nothing hydrating about it. In fact it has a fairly matte, somewhat powdery finish and is probably not Cover Girl's best foundation for dry skin. That aside, this does go on very smooth and soft and has decent staying power. The coverage is light to medium. The color selection is good, especially for drugstore standards. There are some really nice, neutral yellow based shades available. However, the packaging is a real pain because it is not only opaque, but the color of the tube is an entirely different color from the foundation inside. Do not rely on the color of the tube in picking a shade. The one positive thing about it is that most places I've been to sell little sample packages with three shades you can try. If you have trouble deciding on a shade I would suggest purchasing one of the sample packs first.

on 1/4/2002 9:10:00 PM

Even though i like the packaging, becuz of the squeeze-able tube, and the easy application, the plastic tube makes it harder to find a good color match. The plastic seems to make the color look slightly different. I did like the coverage tho.

on 9/24/2001 1:57:00 PM

I love this foundation! I bought the color Classic Ivory and it was a perfect match. Absolutely melted into my skin, giving me a glowy, even, natural look. Got a tad shiny by the end of the day, but that's a given with my oily skin. I adore this product!

on 8/18/2001 3:24:00 PM

this stuff goes on well and feels light, but it makes my skin break out like crazy..probably because im already oily skin based