Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 4/1/2008 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I usually don't use waterproof mascara, so this one works very well for me. Totally Totally worth the price!

on 3/23/2008 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Eh...it didn't sting, and it didn't give me blurry eyes, but it just didn't get the mascara off, and it wasn't even waterproof. I'll use it up until the bottle is gone, but I won't buy it again.EDIT!! I guess after I got used to this stuff and how it works, it got easier to use, and it does get the makeup off pretty well. I usually use Avon eye makeup remover, and it's still my favorite, but this stuff is ok.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

it's great for removing ANY makeup, not just only eye makeup
but i took off one lippie because it made the areas around my eye a tad darker, which was unusual

and definitely not attractive!

however, it did it's job

on 3/15/2008 12:07:00 PM

I just purchased this today, and I'm already in love with it. I wanted to try Neutrogena's Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover, but my Walmart was out of this product. I had previously seen the Rimmel Eye Makeup Remover, but never really checked it out. I decided to buy it, and it was $4.77 for 4.2 oz. The bottle says right on it that it's great for waterproof makeup. It's oil free, gentle enough for sensitive eyes as well as contact lens wearers, and removes stubborn makeup. I would definitely repurchase this. I'm going to be a fan for life!

on 3/9/2008 4:06:00 PM

My daughters and I have been using this product for over a year, and we are very pleased with it. Removes the makeup, doesn't sting or leave an oily residue. Unless I find something better, this is the one we will stick with.

on 2/23/2008 6:52:00 PM

I think this is a fantastic product for the price. It does a fantastic job removing eyeliner and mascara without stinging my eyes or leaving any residue behind. I don't need to use a whole lot so this lasts me quite some time.

I disagree with those who say this product only works to remove Rimmel eyeliners and mascaras. I've never used Rimmel makeup products and this works fine to remove the other brands I've used (both department store and drugstore).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was okay, vaseline is so much cheaper tho.

on 12/16/2007 10:20:00 PM

Did not remove any eye makeup at all! Had to use warm water and soap to finish cleaning. Waste of my money.

Edit: I tried this remover again and this time I soaked my cotton pad until is was dripping wet and let it sit on my eyes for about 10-15 seconds and the cotton pad soaked up my eye makeup. So now it works for me, but still stings my eyes really bad!

on 12/9/2007 11:55:00 PM

i love this makeup remover. i have been using it for 4 years and i have turned everyone around me onto this as well. first of all, its cost is negligible considering how long a bottle lasts and how cheap it is. secondly it works. a Q-tip and some product will remove all the smudges and mistakes i make when applying makeup (esp eyeshadow) and it works just as well to take off all makeup. i usually line the inside of my eye with kohl and i can use this makeup remover on a qtip along the inner eye and be ok. i think it stung the first few times i did that but never again. and my eyes always fine! they dont turn red or anything. truly, amazing value, great product.

on 12/7/2007 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I liked it at first, but after a long time of using it, I noticed that the skin around my eyes would sting whenever I used it. I've since stopped using it and started using cold cream for removing makeup.