December 18, 2014 | 1622 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Exfoliating Scrub

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2004 3:08:00 PM More reviews by beachkitty79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually love Clinique products, but not this one. It really was the menthol. It didn't irritate my skin, but right after I used it in the shower, I could hardly open my eyes b/c of the menthol. That's just scary to me. This is really a shame because it would be an awesome scrub if it weren't for the menthol.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2004 11:47:00 AM More reviews by franw3377

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This would be a perfect scrub if Clinique would take out the menthol, which is a known skin irritant. Other than that, it's great...the scrub is actually grainy enough to do the job. It leaves my face feeling soft and silky. My moisturizer absorbs better and skin really glows. I've tried a lot of other scrubs, including Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion in Jar, but always come back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2004 9:36:00 AM More reviews by malibu_jenny

Okay, this is wicked! I got a little free sample of it in one of the bonus time giveaways and after two uses I realised that it was digging all the crap straight out of my skin. It leaves your skin feeling amazing and it's reaffirmed my faith in using things that are 'chemically based' as opposed to natural. It has very fine granules so you don't get the scratchy feeling and there's a tingling like you've washed your skin in toothpaste. It actually gets rid of whiteheads and blackheads too. Probably best to use this in conjunction with the anti-blemish face wash but I'm not really a believer in the 3 steps process; that's just another attempt to upsell. My only quibble with this would be the price, 14.50. That seems a lot for a fairly small tube and although a little goes along way you pay a lot for a little. This is an excellent bonus time buy when you need a second product, recommended!
******************
UPDATE: I bought this on 01/08/04, used it daily - the tube ran out this morning, 10/08/05. Never before has Anything lasted this long. Wow!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2004 5:51:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

This stuff was far too rough for my skin. I noticed it had a minty feel which left my skin feeling cool and would be great except for the harshness of the scrub. Glad I tried a GWP of this before buying. Definitely not for those of us with even slightly sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2004 1:38:00 AM More reviews by marion10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for at least 20 years. Now in my mid 40's I only use it once a week maybe twice a week in the summer. I still have oily skin and nothing else controls my breakouts and blackheads. I also use it on the chest area in the shower. I wish it were cheaper, but I always wait until bonus days to stock up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2004 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Forward

This scrub is certainly not for the faint hearted and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin. However, for those of us with oily, troubled skin it's perfect. Leaves your face feeling soft and glowing while the menthol gives a refreshing tingle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2004 11:26:00 PM More reviews by julieswahn

This is has been a scrub I have come back to again and again over the year--many years. My mom used it when I was a teen and I would use it then and adored the fresh, smooth feeling it gave me. Well here I am, 45 yrs old, and still get terrific results from the scrub! I use it about 1x every 2 weeks because I do chemical exfoliation, too, but this one just makes me feel so cleaned, deep down. Doubt Ill ever be without it. Prob the only Clinqie product I truly love and repeatedly go back to.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2004 4:32:00 AM More reviews by SKSS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

WARNING DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! I remember using this product years ago and it made my skin RED, IRRITATED, AND INFLAMMED!!! There is just too much menthol in this!! Coupled with the scrub u are asking for trouble! And it doesn't rinse well either, leaves a residue!!! This scrub is way too rough!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2004 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Bett1e

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went back to this scrub after many years of using different products and scrubs. This scrub is simply the best. It closes the pores, starts to clear up skin imperfections, etc.. It's a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2004 4:33:00 PM More reviews by tarabear06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin has been really flaky and gross this whole winter and I have tried a lot of products but nothing has worked. Finally last night I had my mom pick this up for me hoping that my fave makeup brand would have a solution to my skin woes. Well I used this for the first time last night and its like no other exfoliator ever. I think its amazing, my skin was instantly softer, smoother, and mo0re clean than it has been in months. The grain of this scrub is so tiny that you get a really strong exfoliation. I probably wouldn't recommend this to people with really sensitive skin although my own is pretty sensitive and this was fine for me. This is a great product, worth every penny, and I definitly recommend it!