Clinique Exfoliating Scrub

4.3

INGREDIENTS: water\aqua\eau [] glyceryl stearate [] polyethylene [] hexylene glycol [] disodium cocoamphodiacetate [] disodium oleamido mipa-sulfosuccinate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] salicylic acid [] menthol [] stearamidoethyl diethylamine [] methylparaben [] propylparaben [] titanium dioxide

on 10/26/2004 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this scrub! It's like no other scrubs I have tried! It does not leave your skin greasy, I love the menthol coz it makes you feel really "clean" afterwards. I have oily skin and I use it 2x a week to take off dead skin cells and whiteheads, and it really works! Leaving my skin soft and smooth and "bumps-free". I feel like my skin is "renewed" after using it and makeup looks so much better after scrubbing with this! It feels like you just had a whole session of facial cleaning from a dermatologist for only a pea-size of the product! I'm almost finished with my first tube and will definitely repurchase another one soon!

on 10/14/2004 3:08:00 PM

I usually love Clinique products, but not this one. It really was the menthol. It didn't irritate my skin, but right after I used it in the shower, I could hardly open my eyes b/c of the menthol. That's just scary to me. This is really a shame because it would be an awesome scrub if it weren't for the menthol.

on 10/14/2004 11:47:00 AM

This would be a perfect scrub if Clinique would take out the menthol, which is a known skin irritant. Other than that, it's great...the scrub is actually grainy enough to do the job. It leaves my face feeling soft and silky. My moisturizer absorbs better and skin really glows. I've tried a lot of other scrubs, including Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion in Jar, but always come back to this one.

on 9/26/2004 9:36:00 AM

Okay, this is wicked! I got a little free sample of it in one of the bonus time giveaways and after two uses I realised that it was digging all the crap straight out of my skin. It leaves your skin feeling amazing and it's reaffirmed my faith in using things that are 'chemically based' as opposed to natural. It has very fine granules so you don't get the scratchy feeling and there's a tingling like you've washed your skin in toothpaste. It actually gets rid of whiteheads and blackheads too. Probably best to use this in conjunction with the anti-blemish face wash but I'm not really a believer in the 3 steps process; that's just another attempt to upsell. My only quibble with this would be the price, 14.50. That seems a lot for a fairly small tube and although a little goes along way you pay a lot for a little. This is an excellent bonus time buy when you need a second product, recommended!
******************
UPDATE: I bought this on 01/08/04, used it daily - the tube ran out this morning, 10/08/05. Never before has Anything lasted this long. Wow!

on 9/21/2004 5:51:00 PM

This stuff was far too rough for my skin. I noticed it had a minty feel which left my skin feeling cool and would be great except for the harshness of the scrub. Glad I tried a GWP of this before buying. Definitely not for those of us with even slightly sensitive skin.

on 8/22/2004 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for at least 20 years. Now in my mid 40's I only use it once a week maybe twice a week in the summer. I still have oily skin and nothing else controls my breakouts and blackheads. I also use it on the chest area in the shower. I wish it were cheaper, but I always wait until bonus days to stock up.

on 8/19/2004 7:43:00 AM

This scrub is certainly not for the faint hearted and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin. However, for those of us with oily, troubled skin it's perfect. Leaves your face feeling soft and glowing while the menthol gives a refreshing tingle.

on 5/12/2004 11:26:00 PM

This is has been a scrub I have come back to again and again over the year--many years. My mom used it when I was a teen and I would use it then and adored the fresh, smooth feeling it gave me. Well here I am, 45 yrs old, and still get terrific results from the scrub! I use it about 1x every 2 weeks because I do chemical exfoliation, too, but this one just makes me feel so cleaned, deep down. Doubt Ill ever be without it. Prob the only Clinqie product I truly love and repeatedly go back to.

on 5/8/2004 4:32:00 AM

WARNING DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! I remember using this product years ago and it made my skin RED, IRRITATED, AND INFLAMMED!!! There is just too much menthol in this!! Coupled with the scrub u are asking for trouble! And it doesn't rinse well either, leaves a residue!!! This scrub is way too rough!

on 3/29/2004 4:17:00 PM

I went back to this scrub after many years of using different products and scrubs. This scrub is simply the best. It closes the pores, starts to clear up skin imperfections, etc.. It's a keeper.

Popular Scrubs