NYX Lipstick- #529 Thalia

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i was a bit hesitant to buy this. i wasn't too keen on the color. i bought it online (shopcraze) but they didn't have any of the colors i wanted, so i opted on getting one of the most popular colors.
it's a mauve color--very purplish-pinkish. it's not exactly a color i would want in a lipstick but i though 'ohh what the hell'.
upon application; it's true that these lipsticks are very creamy & moisturizing. i like that. i was pleasantly surprised by how the color came up on my lips. direct application through the tube looks kinda off on my lips, but if i gently pat it on, it gives my lips a nice color. it's a very natural flush, like someone already said in their review. it looks really nice with gloss on top too.
i really like it, but it was a gamble lol. i'd buy it again though. so if you like mauve for your lips, go for this.

on 2/25/2009 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

when I first saw this color, i thought it would be the perfect magenta, pink color. well... its sort of purply and dark pinkish on my lips it doesnt flatter my skin tone either. the texture is great tho! its so smooth the best consistency in texture i have ever tried from drug store products. Maybe i gotta try other colors! If you dont like purplish lip color, dont get this

UPDATE: I gave this to my sister because I hated it on me, and it looked pretty good on my sister. It looked more like dark pink on her skin then purple. She has a little darker skin than me, maybe this color looks better on more tan skin tone.

on 2/23/2009 9:09:00 PM

i love most of nyx lipsticks and this one is a favorite. i suggest you add this color to your collections for a nice flush look. also its really moisturizing, and goes on pretty sheer and is a bit creamy in consistency. Love it for its color and for moisturizing my lips.

on 2/21/2009 6:16:00 PM

Its an okay lipstick..looks nice on the stick but comes out a bit purpley on me...ive had better colors...

on 2/17/2009 11:25:00 AM

This by far my HG Lipcolr~

I use it almost everyday~

I can imaine that it looks good on almost everyone~

It's a light pinky/neautral very pigmented~

The color in the picture looks TOO dark~

I love to use NYX Goddess of the Night Lipgloss in Crystal Chandelier (a pretty shimmery Pink) over top this~ Beautiful~

on 2/9/2009 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so excited when I received this in the mail. I heard about all the raves about this color and I'm glad I purchased it. I was at a loss on what a neutral color l/s is like. I read reviews and saw swatches and I'm glad I purchase this. It's a nude color but better than my lips natural color. It's very pigmented and at first it was very matte but I used the cherry lipgloss that I got for free at Cherry Culture and it looked beautiful. This is my HG everyday lipstick, it's moisturizing and looks great against my asian NC25 complexion. Needless to say if I run out I'll definitely repurchase

The packaging is great I can see the color on the bottom and it a black color that can be discreet.

UPDATE: I read other reviews that this color can be dark, but I have more pigmented lips so it matches me more than someone with less pigment in their natural lip color. This would be a good lipstick for someone with medium pigmented lips

on 1/23/2009 10:59:00 PM

I love NYX lipsticks and heard all the raves about Thalia. Sadly, it really is just dark mauvy pink on my lips. I have NC 20 skin but pigmented lips. This might have looked better for girls with less pigmentation in their lips. But on me, it all added up to a muddy purpleish color. nowhere close to lip swatches that i've seen.

on 1/20/2009 5:43:00 PM

What I hate about NYX round lipsticks is that they are SO MATTE! I mean, it could be a good thing but not when it comes to such a nude color. I can't wear this lipstick by itself because it makes my lips look more purple than neutral (YUCK) and just that matte purply looks terrible on me. This was when I was like - I don't get why everybody likes this so much.
Then I realized that these roudn lipsticks are just really pigmented so I just (instead of sliding the color on) I dabbed it on and then blend w/ my finger. Now that looks a lot better. Then I put on some sort of lighter gloss. Now at least that looks decent.
So I wouldn't say this is the best lipstick for everyone but it is adaptable ^^
I do love the packaging though - I love that click sound when you close the cap.

on 1/20/2009 5:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This color is gorgeous! It almost reminds me of Blankety by M.A.C but maybe a little darker. I bought it after looking up swatches and reading reviews on random blogs. This color is definitely a pinky mauve. Looks beautiful on top of any pinky nude gloss.
CLICK FOR SWATCHES ON LIPS -->

continued >>

on 1/16/2009 10:50:00 PM

HG. I'm an NC37. It is a muted light rosy color on me. I LOVE IT. I can't really pull off the lipstick look, but with this color, I can :)

It gives me this innocent look i like =)

Recommended for Medium Skin