November 29, 2014 | 1669 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 5:13:00 AM More reviews by shimmerlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is one of my favorite lipsticks. it goes with every eye makeup i'm wearing.

when i first tried it, i thought it was muddy and a waste of a dollar, but after applying it with a light hand and topping if off with some carmex or a simple lipgloss, i began to use it religiously.

i love how it easily makes your lips look polished and full. i don't even like wearing lipstick because of how drying it can be, but i've barely had this for a month and the tube is almost done. nyx doesn't disappoint with this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mszdannuh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best shade out of all the NYX round lipsticks! The texture is so creamy and it has amazing staying power. It goes on matte and I'm really surprised with the smooth application it has. The color is a muave-y pink, maybe a bit too dark for me to just wear it by itself, so I apply NYX Mega Shine lip gloss in Smokey Look and together it looks like the perfect pink. I got it at Cherryculture for $1.50. The site usually sells them for $1-$2, but you definitely can't beat the price. Once you buy one, you can't help but buy more! I definitely recommend Thalia for any skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by katzy619

NYX makes excellent lipsticks. The texture is so creamy and moisturizing. The color glides on so evenly and I can see why Thalia is such a favorite for so many people. For me, Thalia matches my natural lip color almost exactly. It makes an awesome nude lip for me. But I usually top it off with a gloss (VS beauty rush) so the color doesn't look so matte. But if matte is what you're looking for, look no further.
I got a small haul of NYX products from Cherry Culture and so far "PERFECT" is my favorite shade, but Thalia comes in second (hence four lippies.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this because everyone raves about how its a must have color.

it kind of looks like purple mudd on me...maybe i should try pairing w/ a gloss

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this color. But it ended up looking too purplish on my NC35/C4 Asian skintone. Way too cool for my skintone. As another reviewer said below, it made me look dead.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by sylviacho

Ugly color for people with pale skin.
I thought it was a pink mauve color because of the swatches online.
But it is a dark purple-brown taro color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lanoysk

Thalia, was my first NYX experience in lipsticks. I just adore the matte textured pinkish color. It's not the normal pink color, I complete my smokey-eyes look with this lipstick, and it's perfect for my medium asian skin tone. I always search for colors similar to this in other brand. The product is also very smooth, you don't even need a primer for your lips. If it's extra chapped you might need it. Overalll great price, great color (in my opinion), and nice texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Beautyandmind

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I saw so many girls reviewing Thalia on youtube that I simply had to get it. Sadly it looks very purple, almost lavender, on my lips. That gives me that dead look that no woman wants. I expected more of a nudish pink which is maybe there for other girls with maybe more reddish natural lips so that red shines through and makes the colour more pink. The feeling on my lips on the other hand is just great - so I will stick with the round lipsticks but prefere much more the colours Indian Pink (such a gorgeous coral colour!) and Vitamin /lighter than Indian Pink but also very nice) which can look also quite neutral if lightly applied but both go more to the coral orange reddish side which makes my face look so much more fresh and awake and compliment also my green eyes much better. So I wouldn't buy this colour again but would always recommend the NYX round lipstiks as the quality/price is unbeatable. Hope that helps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Update: 12/31/08 I bought this because it's so popular on Youtube. It's too gray/purple on my lips. I have light-med. skin and it still washes me out. However the light shades like frosted flakes do not. I'll be giving it away. The price for these has gone up to $3.50 now, and $1.50 on sale. I think the website has caught on to their popularity and is cashing in. It's pronounced Thal-ya or Thal-leah, like the name of a woman.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by mizleilei

I have read some great reviews on this color and have been wanting this for awhile! It was sold out on Cherry Culture for awhile and then I found Nonpareil Boutique and they had this for only $0.99! Dirt cheap! I think this color would be more flattering on me when I fade out of my summer tan, but it is a gorgeous neutral pink.