January 27, 2015 | 1520 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ilikecandy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love NYX lipsticks and heard all the raves about Thalia. Sadly, it really is just dark mauvy pink on my lips. I have NC 20 skin but pigmented lips. This might have looked better for girls with less pigmentation in their lips. But on me, it all added up to a muddy purpleish color. nowhere close to lip swatches that i've seen.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by ndoodles

What I hate about NYX round lipsticks is that they are SO MATTE! I mean, it could be a good thing but not when it comes to such a nude color. I can't wear this lipstick by itself because it makes my lips look more purple than neutral (YUCK) and just that matte purply looks terrible on me. This was when I was like - I don't get why everybody likes this so much.
Then I realized that these roudn lipsticks are just really pigmented so I just (instead of sliding the color on) I dabbed it on and then blend w/ my finger. Now that looks a lot better. Then I put on some sort of lighter gloss. Now at least that looks decent.
So I wouldn't say this is the best lipstick for everyone but it is adaptable ^^
I do love the packaging though - I love that click sound when you close the cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by RoseVie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is gorgeous! It almost reminds me of Blankety by M.A.C but maybe a little darker. I bought it after looking up swatches and reading reviews on random blogs. This color is definitely a pinky mauve. Looks beautiful on top of any pinky nude gloss.
CLICK FOR SWATCHES ON LIPS -->

continued >>

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by CTP

HG. I'm an NC37. It is a muted light rosy color on me. I LOVE IT. I can't really pull off the lipstick look, but with this color, I can :)

It gives me this innocent look i like =)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 5:13:00 AM More reviews by shimmerlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is one of my favorite lipsticks. it goes with every eye makeup i'm wearing.

when i first tried it, i thought it was muddy and a waste of a dollar, but after applying it with a light hand and topping if off with some carmex or a simple lipgloss, i began to use it religiously.

i love how it easily makes your lips look polished and full. i don't even like wearing lipstick because of how drying it can be, but i've barely had this for a month and the tube is almost done. nyx doesn't disappoint with this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mszdannuh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best shade out of all the NYX round lipsticks! The texture is so creamy and it has amazing staying power. It goes on matte and I'm really surprised with the smooth application it has. The color is a muave-y pink, maybe a bit too dark for me to just wear it by itself, so I apply NYX Mega Shine lip gloss in Smokey Look and together it looks like the perfect pink. I got it at Cherryculture for $1.50. The site usually sells them for $1-$2, but you definitely can't beat the price. Once you buy one, you can't help but buy more! I definitely recommend Thalia for any skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by katzy619

NYX makes excellent lipsticks. The texture is so creamy and moisturizing. The color glides on so evenly and I can see why Thalia is such a favorite for so many people. For me, Thalia matches my natural lip color almost exactly. It makes an awesome nude lip for me. But I usually top it off with a gloss (VS beauty rush) so the color doesn't look so matte. But if matte is what you're looking for, look no further.
I got a small haul of NYX products from Cherry Culture and so far "PERFECT" is my favorite shade, but Thalia comes in second (hence four lippies.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this because everyone raves about how its a must have color.

it kind of looks like purple mudd on me...maybe i should try pairing w/ a gloss

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this color. But it ended up looking too purplish on my NC35/C4 Asian skintone. Way too cool for my skintone. As another reviewer said below, it made me look dead.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by sylviacho

Ugly color for people with pale skin.
I thought it was a pink mauve color because of the swatches online.
But it is a dark purple-brown taro color.