April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by mariannetn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow this is a gorgeous pink nude color, with no shimmer it looks great with a dramatic eye. I cant believe it was only 99 cents

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 3:34:00 AM More reviews by ilikechickens12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is one of my new favourite lipsticks!

The shade is lovely, on me it is a true YLBB colour, a pinky nude with a touch of mauve that makes it work well with my skintone. I am very pale and it is hard to find a colour that is nude that isn't too ruddy or yellow, but this definitely fits the bill.

The texture is gorgeous, velvety and feels great on. It never dries out, but isn't overly gloss-like or moist. The staying power is also nice, lasting for a few hours. I often layer this with lining my lips and then colouring in with a NYX pencil in Natural, which helps the colour stay longer and blend in as it fades.

The price cannot be beat, as I snagged these for 99 cents.

The packaging is nice, with a simple black classic tube and a dot of what the colour is supposed to be inside on the bottom.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

Pretty color...doesn't match swatch though. It is a rose color with beige/light brown undertones. Matte. Goes on smooth...really good lasting power. No shine. Applies very similar to a nars velvet matte pencils, just not as soft. Cheap and pretty :D

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2008 5:16:00 AM More reviews by aliday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know if I got the wrong shade, or what. I ordered this off cherryculture after looking at many different swatches online.. all of which show a pinky, rosy tone. However, when I received this lip colour, I noticed the colour on the bottom was brown. I opened it and the lipstick itself also looked brown. So I tried it on my lips.. it's a dark brown colour with purpley undertones. It looks *terrible* on me. I am really disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this new in a swap and was very pleasantly suprised! Why can't they sell them in the UK!!??

The lipstick i've taken off is purely for the colour, I don't find it that pretty at all, on it looks ok but it's way too cool, way too mauve and way too draining - I always run like hell away from these types of colours but my mum said it looks nice on...so it can't be that bad!!

The price is good for these I understand and it was free for me so that's a bonus.....the packaging is ok, nothing chanel like but I don't expect that for such a cheap product.

The real cincher for me and the reason i've given it such a high rating is the texture! It truly is dreamy! I love it!! These lipsticks have great lasting power, go on smooth and don't dry your lips out. That is brilliant, it's much nicer than a lot of h/e lipsticks that i've tried and I would really like some more in different colours. If they sold them here in the UK then i'd have one in every shade I liked!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Soyonzen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect pinkish nude lippie for my slightly pigmented lips. This isn't pink, o r nude nor is it mauve- it's a nude pinkish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by RtiQlitQT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shade is one of the NYX Round Lipstick line, with .4g/0.14oz of product packaged in a black plastic lipstick tube, 2 5/8" long and 3/4" in diameter, with a bottom cap color indicator (an other review compared this color indicator packaging to be similar to that of Sephora lipstick, for reference). The color in these indicators is very true, but the product does apply lighter in value, which is not uncommon. This line has an extensive 144 shade selection, including cremes and frosts, with a vast majority of these shades in the warm and neutral spectrum. For those interested, these are cruelty free, as NYX does no animal testing. Oh, and if you are not yet aware, NYX is pronounced "nix" and not "N. Y. X." The company is named after the Greek goddess of the night, Nyx.

Because of recommendations and comparisons to MAC on MUA, I initially tried NYX eyeshadow singles when I accidentally discovered a dusty beauty supply in my area that had a huge display. After being pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the eye shadows and because of other recommendations on MUA for the Round Lipsticks, I then tried this, my first shade in this line. I have since tried one other shade, #629 Louisiana, to make sure that the quality is consistent. Thalia is a light pinkish nude creme (on me, it is MUCH less pink and WAY more nude than it looks in scarlettOH's photo on her review). Also, I can detect no purple undertones at all, like another reviewer has commented. Although it is too light of a shade on its own for my preference, I find it to work great as a base or layering color for other shades that are too bright or strong.

Let me tell you that I am, again, quite pleasantly surprised! These lipstick sell for around a mere $1, but they are of very high qualilty. Described in online product descriptions as velvet-textured lip creams, these are smooth, very well-pigmented and long-lasting and not sticky. They have a barely discernable scent that is not unpleasant in the least and no discernable taste (I don't know why some have descibed it as having a weird smell and taste). These are very matte, however, and if you want more shine, you would need to top them with a glossy balm or lipgloss, or layer them with other more glossy lipstick. I've even applied them under and over lipgloss with great results. I have never tried MAC Mattene Lipsticks, but I have read reviews that compare the quality of these to be very close. I have never paid upwards of $14 for any lipstick, and with these on the market, I will never have to. I can see my lipstick color collection will be growing exponentially now that I've discovered these!

NYX Round Lipstick Ingredients (I have found two differing listings, possibly indicating two formulations, maybe the first is for the cremes and the second is for the frosts? If anyone knows, please contact me and I will update this review!):

Ceresin Wax, Polyethlene Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Beeswax, Polyisobutene, Mineral Oil, Hydrocarbon resin, Isopropyl Myristate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Iron oxide, Pigment (C.I.), Polypropyl Paraben, BHA, BHT

Ceresin Wax, Polyethlene Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Beeswax, Lanoline Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Mineral Oils, Octyl Palmitate, BHA, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, D&C Red No.A1 Lake,
Pearl Powder, Iron Oxide.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by twizzyrain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is definitely MLBB material. Musch better applied with fingers than from the tube alone. When I do, I put some balm over it to give it a little gloss, or with a matching lipgloss I think it is lovely. It smells a little weird. The packaging is kind of trashy but I like that because I think it's cute ("lip-smacking colors", flowers) and hey, it costs a dollar, except for it's quality, it IS trashy. It is peachy-pink, although it applies tawnier from the tube, and the texture is creamy although the lipstick is matte. It isn't as rosy as some other MLBB colors. But I'm not always in the mood for that, and my hg MAC MLBB lipstick is so much more expensive, I've been wearing Thalia constantly, since it goes with everything. On me this lippy looks very different from the pervious reviewer's pic, and because I saw the pic before I got it, I expected it to be less nude and more bright, pink, and cool-toned. For it to look like the pic, it is much better to smudge it on with your fingers or probably put it on with a lip brush.

Btw, this also is proficient as a last minute cheek stain!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by airinantha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Thalia is a Rosy Pink color with matte/slightly creamy texture.
It can look different on pigmented lips (like mine) so what i do is i put on lip eraser (MAC has it) or normal concealer prior to the lipstick, i can guarantee the true color will come out.
Personally I love this color and with $0.99 you can't complain (like there is ANYTHING i would complain hehe). If you're looking for a dirt-cheap nice pink lipstick that goes on smooth and long-lasting, you would love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by scarlettOH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just found my new HG lipstick. For so long I was stuck in a rut of nudes, and I wanted to branch out. I received Thalia in a swap, but I really wasn't expecting too much from it. It looked like a medium rosy pink, but I figured I'd try it out.
Once I got it in the mail and opened the tube, the color looked so striking. Like a creamy dusty rose, but kinda dark (for my usual nude pinks atleast!) It looked simply gorgeous on! Seriously, I could not believe that I haven't found this earlier. Ladies this is 99 cents from cherryculture.com, but if this same lipstick was in a $20 tube of lipstick from some highend brand, I'd be buying it just the same. I don't think I've ever seen such a creamy and pigmented consistency. NYX really does make quality makeup. This is my most impressive find this year for sure!!
Click continued to see a pic of Thalia topped with clear gloss on my NC25 lips. It is slightly darker in real life.

continued >>