October 22, 2014 | 2107 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this because everyone raves about how its a must have color.

it kind of looks like purple mudd on me...maybe i should try pairing w/ a gloss

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this color. But it ended up looking too purplish on my NC35/C4 Asian skintone. Way too cool for my skintone. As another reviewer said below, it made me look dead.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by sylviacho

Ugly color for people with pale skin.
I thought it was a pink mauve color because of the swatches online.
But it is a dark purple-brown taro color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lanoysk

Thalia, was my first NYX experience in lipsticks. I just adore the matte textured pinkish color. It's not the normal pink color, I complete my smokey-eyes look with this lipstick, and it's perfect for my medium asian skin tone. I always search for colors similar to this in other brand. The product is also very smooth, you don't even need a primer for your lips. If it's extra chapped you might need it. Overalll great price, great color (in my opinion), and nice texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Beautyandmind

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I saw so many girls reviewing Thalia on youtube that I simply had to get it. Sadly it looks very purple, almost lavender, on my lips. That gives me that dead look that no woman wants. I expected more of a nudish pink which is maybe there for other girls with maybe more reddish natural lips so that red shines through and makes the colour more pink. The feeling on my lips on the other hand is just great - so I will stick with the round lipsticks but prefere much more the colours Indian Pink (such a gorgeous coral colour!) and Vitamin /lighter than Indian Pink but also very nice) which can look also quite neutral if lightly applied but both go more to the coral orange reddish side which makes my face look so much more fresh and awake and compliment also my green eyes much better. So I wouldn't buy this colour again but would always recommend the NYX round lipstiks as the quality/price is unbeatable. Hope that helps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Update: 12/31/08 I bought this because it's so popular on Youtube. It's too gray/purple on my lips. I have light-med. skin and it still washes me out. However the light shades like frosted flakes do not. I'll be giving it away. The price for these has gone up to $3.50 now, and $1.50 on sale. I think the website has caught on to their popularity and is cashing in. It's pronounced Thal-ya or Thal-leah, like the name of a woman.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by mizleilei

I have read some great reviews on this color and have been wanting this for awhile! It was sold out on Cherry Culture for awhile and then I found Nonpareil Boutique and they had this for only $0.99! Dirt cheap! I think this color would be more flattering on me when I fade out of my summer tan, but it is a gorgeous neutral pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by asolano

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a great buy! I would actually say that the quality is so good I would purchase it for much more money. The color is beautiful; it's highly pigmented, has great staying power and doesn't have a discernable taste. I love this stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by mariannetn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow this is a gorgeous pink nude color, with no shimmer it looks great with a dramatic eye. I cant believe it was only 99 cents

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 3:34:00 AM More reviews by ilikechickens12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is one of my new favourite lipsticks!

The shade is lovely, on me it is a true YLBB colour, a pinky nude with a touch of mauve that makes it work well with my skintone. I am very pale and it is hard to find a colour that is nude that isn't too ruddy or yellow, but this definitely fits the bill.

The texture is gorgeous, velvety and feels great on. It never dries out, but isn't overly gloss-like or moist. The staying power is also nice, lasting for a few hours. I often layer this with lining my lips and then colouring in with a NYX pencil in Natural, which helps the colour stay longer and blend in as it fades.

The price cannot be beat, as I snagged these for 99 cents.

The packaging is nice, with a simple black classic tube and a dot of what the colour is supposed to be inside on the bottom.