July 28, 2014 | 1655 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Beautyandmind

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I saw so many girls reviewing Thalia on youtube that I simply had to get it. Sadly it looks very purple, almost lavender, on my lips. That gives me that dead look that no woman wants. I expected more of a nudish pink which is maybe there for other girls with maybe more reddish natural lips so that red shines through and makes the colour more pink. The feeling on my lips on the other hand is just great - so I will stick with the round lipsticks but prefere much more the colours Indian Pink (such a gorgeous coral colour!) and Vitamin /lighter than Indian Pink but also very nice) which can look also quite neutral if lightly applied but both go more to the coral orange reddish side which makes my face look so much more fresh and awake and compliment also my green eyes much better. So I wouldn't buy this colour again but would always recommend the NYX round lipstiks as the quality/price is unbeatable. Hope that helps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Update: 12/31/08 I bought this because it's so popular on Youtube. It's too gray/purple on my lips. I have light-med. skin and it still washes me out. However the light shades like frosted flakes do not. I'll be giving it away. The price for these has gone up to $3.50 now, and $1.50 on sale. I think the website has caught on to their popularity and is cashing in. It's pronounced Thal-ya or Thal-leah, like the name of a woman.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by mizleilei

I have read some great reviews on this color and have been wanting this for awhile! It was sold out on Cherry Culture for awhile and then I found Nonpareil Boutique and they had this for only $0.99! Dirt cheap! I think this color would be more flattering on me when I fade out of my summer tan, but it is a gorgeous neutral pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by asolano

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a great buy! I would actually say that the quality is so good I would purchase it for much more money. The color is beautiful; it's highly pigmented, has great staying power and doesn't have a discernable taste. I love this stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by mariannetn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow this is a gorgeous pink nude color, with no shimmer it looks great with a dramatic eye. I cant believe it was only 99 cents

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 3:34:00 AM More reviews by ilikechickens12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is one of my new favourite lipsticks!

The shade is lovely, on me it is a true YLBB colour, a pinky nude with a touch of mauve that makes it work well with my skintone. I am very pale and it is hard to find a colour that is nude that isn't too ruddy or yellow, but this definitely fits the bill.

The texture is gorgeous, velvety and feels great on. It never dries out, but isn't overly gloss-like or moist. The staying power is also nice, lasting for a few hours. I often layer this with lining my lips and then colouring in with a NYX pencil in Natural, which helps the colour stay longer and blend in as it fades.

The price cannot be beat, as I snagged these for 99 cents.

The packaging is nice, with a simple black classic tube and a dot of what the colour is supposed to be inside on the bottom.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

Pretty color...doesn't match swatch though. It is a rose color with beige/light brown undertones. Matte. Goes on smooth...really good lasting power. No shine. Applies very similar to a nars velvet matte pencils, just not as soft. Cheap and pretty :D

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2008 5:16:00 AM More reviews by aliday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know if I got the wrong shade, or what. I ordered this off cherryculture after looking at many different swatches online.. all of which show a pinky, rosy tone. However, when I received this lip colour, I noticed the colour on the bottom was brown. I opened it and the lipstick itself also looked brown. So I tried it on my lips.. it's a dark brown colour with purpley undertones. It looks *terrible* on me. I am really disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this new in a swap and was very pleasantly suprised! Why can't they sell them in the UK!!??

The lipstick i've taken off is purely for the colour, I don't find it that pretty at all, on it looks ok but it's way too cool, way too mauve and way too draining - I always run like hell away from these types of colours but my mum said it looks nice on...so it can't be that bad!!

The price is good for these I understand and it was free for me so that's a bonus.....the packaging is ok, nothing chanel like but I don't expect that for such a cheap product.

The real cincher for me and the reason i've given it such a high rating is the texture! It truly is dreamy! I love it!! These lipsticks have great lasting power, go on smooth and don't dry your lips out. That is brilliant, it's much nicer than a lot of h/e lipsticks that i've tried and I would really like some more in different colours. If they sold them here in the UK then i'd have one in every shade I liked!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Soyonzen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect pinkish nude lippie for my slightly pigmented lips. This isn't pink, o r nude nor is it mauve- it's a nude pinkish.