NYX Lipstick- #529 Thalia

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/23/2009 9:09:00 PM

i love most of nyx lipsticks and this one is a favorite. i suggest you add this color to your collections for a nice flush look. also its really moisturizing, and goes on pretty sheer and is a bit creamy in consistency. Love it for its color and for moisturizing my lips.

on 2/21/2009 6:16:00 PM

Its an okay lipstick..looks nice on the stick but comes out a bit purpley on me...ive had better colors...

on 2/17/2009 11:25:00 AM

This by far my HG Lipcolr~

I use it almost everyday~

I can imaine that it looks good on almost everyone~

It's a light pinky/neautral very pigmented~

The color in the picture looks TOO dark~

I love to use NYX Goddess of the Night Lipgloss in Crystal Chandelier (a pretty shimmery Pink) over top this~ Beautiful~

on 2/9/2009 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so excited when I received this in the mail. I heard about all the raves about this color and I'm glad I purchased it. I was at a loss on what a neutral color l/s is like. I read reviews and saw swatches and I'm glad I purchase this. It's a nude color but better than my lips natural color. It's very pigmented and at first it was very matte but I used the cherry lipgloss that I got for free at Cherry Culture and it looked beautiful. This is my HG everyday lipstick, it's moisturizing and looks great against my asian NC25 complexion. Needless to say if I run out I'll definitely repurchase

The packaging is great I can see the color on the bottom and it a black color that can be discreet.

UPDATE: I read other reviews that this color can be dark, but I have more pigmented lips so it matches me more than someone with less pigment in their natural lip color. This would be a good lipstick for someone with medium pigmented lips

on 1/23/2009 10:59:00 PM

I love NYX lipsticks and heard all the raves about Thalia. Sadly, it really is just dark mauvy pink on my lips. I have NC 20 skin but pigmented lips. This might have looked better for girls with less pigmentation in their lips. But on me, it all added up to a muddy purpleish color. nowhere close to lip swatches that i've seen.

on 1/20/2009 5:43:00 PM

What I hate about NYX round lipsticks is that they are SO MATTE! I mean, it could be a good thing but not when it comes to such a nude color. I can't wear this lipstick by itself because it makes my lips look more purple than neutral (YUCK) and just that matte purply looks terrible on me. This was when I was like - I don't get why everybody likes this so much.
Then I realized that these roudn lipsticks are just really pigmented so I just (instead of sliding the color on) I dabbed it on and then blend w/ my finger. Now that looks a lot better. Then I put on some sort of lighter gloss. Now at least that looks decent.
So I wouldn't say this is the best lipstick for everyone but it is adaptable ^^
I do love the packaging though - I love that click sound when you close the cap.

on 1/20/2009 5:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This color is gorgeous! It almost reminds me of Blankety by M.A.C but maybe a little darker. I bought it after looking up swatches and reading reviews on random blogs. This color is definitely a pinky mauve. Looks beautiful on top of any pinky nude gloss.
CLICK FOR SWATCHES ON LIPS -->

continued >>

on 1/16/2009 10:50:00 PM

HG. I'm an NC37. It is a muted light rosy color on me. I LOVE IT. I can't really pull off the lipstick look, but with this color, I can :)

It gives me this innocent look i like =)

on 12/29/2008 5:13:00 AM

this is one of my favorite lipsticks. it goes with every eye makeup i'm wearing.

when i first tried it, i thought it was muddy and a waste of a dollar, but after applying it with a light hand and topping if off with some carmex or a simple lipgloss, i began to use it religiously.

i love how it easily makes your lips look polished and full. i don't even like wearing lipstick because of how drying it can be, but i've barely had this for a month and the tube is almost done. nyx doesn't disappoint with this shade.

on 12/27/2008 3:28:00 PM

Best shade out of all the NYX round lipsticks! The texture is so creamy and it has amazing staying power. It goes on matte and I'm really surprised with the smooth application it has. The color is a muave-y pink, maybe a bit too dark for me to just wear it by itself, so I apply NYX Mega Shine lip gloss in Smokey Look and together it looks like the perfect pink. I got it at Cherryculture for $1.50. The site usually sells them for $1-$2, but you definitely can't beat the price. Once you buy one, you can't help but buy more! I definitely recommend Thalia for any skin tone.

Popular Lipsticks