July 22, 2014 | 2263 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by projectRun

This product is my holy grail and a hunt it was to find it! I use to jump from different lip products such as the Rose Bud Salve, EOS, Soft lips, carmax, blistex and I have to say the Nivea Lip Butter wins my heart. I have a problem with dry lips as I have my entire life. It gets to the point where it is constantly peeling and it's just gross to the point where applying lipsticks was a no no due to how chapped they were. Many of the products I have used in the past have simply only added a layer of the product onto my lips and as soon as it wore off, my lips were being back to chapped and possibly even worse than what I started with! However the Nivea Lip Butter does not just sit on top of your lips but they actually absorb the product. I noticed a difference in my lips after a day. It has a texture of a creamy substance and the smell of it is absolutely wonderful. So far, I have tried the Vanilla & Macadamia one, it smells delicious similar to warm vanilla sugar! The package is adorable, a small tin can. Although the tin can does throw me off a little because of the idea of digging my fingers in it seems unsanitary to me. It has been a week since I been using the product and my lips have been softer than ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by denns

These are wonderful! I have the three scented ones and they taste/smell just as good as everyone says. Raspberry has a tart raspberry smoothie scent, caramel smells just like caramel popcorn and the vanilla scent is a creamy, nutty vanilla (although the macadamia isn't too strong). I usually have trouble diligently using lip balms, but these taste so good that I'm always looking for an excuse to put them on. I'm not the biggest fan of the raspberry (its a little tart for my liking), but I keep it in my car and use it occasionally.

These lip butters are VERY hydrating. I really hate gimmicky lip products that taste/smell nice but don't do much for the lips. These are manufactured in Germany (not Mexico like many Nivea products in the US are) and very well made. Hopefully they come out with a convienient stick formula with these scents - I dont love dipping my finger into a pot but it's not the worst. Overall I definitely recommend these, especially the sweeter scents to anyone loves foodie or sweet scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by kennaem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After a long search, I finally found these at my CVS. I bought the three scented ones and the raspberry one is my favorite. It smells EXACTLY like Swedish Fish! Which are my favorite candy. Overall I LOVE them!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by thea214

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's alright. Average. The Raspberry one smells sort of like blueberry Jolly Ranchers. The lid is easy to take off. I just don't like how it leaves my lips whitish. Anyway, it works like any other lip butter/treatment

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Biggest…letdown…ever :( I hate to be the downer here, but I just did not like this product. Maybe my expectations were just too high, but this didn’t look or perform as well as I wanted it to. But first for the positives- the little tin is just charming, and you get a lot of product for the price. And the smell is divine- I have the Raspberry Rose, and whoever said that it smells/tastes like raspberry ‘Mamba’ candy hit the nail on the head, because that was immediately what I thought of, too! But now for the negatives- I don’t like the opaque-ish milky pink color. No matter how little I apply it still looks too white/pale/uneven on my lips. So that limits its use to a nightly treatment for me. It makes my lips feel soft and moisturized as long as its on my lips, but it doesn’t really have any lasting benefits for me. Granted, its not bad, and its not drying or anything, but I just expected something ‘more’. I can easily think of at least a half-dozen other nightly lip treatments I prefer to this one. I am glad it worked well for others (and it has good ingredients that my lips usually love) but it just didn’t come together for me. I bought the Vanilla & Macadamia scent/flavor as well, but most likely I’ll sell/swap/give it away, as I doubt the formula & performance would differ. I bought these at CVS (in the skin care aisle) for 2.50 a piece on sale, which was a reasonable price, though I would not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by twistlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not sure if i like this or not. I got the vanilla one . It smelled very good , but it didn't taste like vanilla . i was hoping it did.
The moisturizing part is good , didn't reapply for 2 and a half hours , the bad part is there is petroleum in it . That i don't like in lip products gives me breakouts around my lips if i use them for 3 days straight. That's what happened with this , i also like stick lip balms not pots, i have to buy a lip brush if i want to keep using it. tried of applying it with my finger. I'll use the rest , but wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I have purchased this lip butter (twice...nothing is a good enough backup, IMO) in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss. No matter how chapped my lips are, I only need a touch of it to smooth them and soften peeling flakes.

It does build up a white sheen if I reapply too often, but blotting takes that right away. That's a tiny negative, since sometimes I want to make sure that my lips are coated at all times! (The whiteness is probably due to the titanium dioxide which hopefully adds some SPF protection, even though it's not advertised to provide SPF.)

It's very smooth and silky with a 'sheen' instead of a 'gloss'. There's absolutely no stickiness to this whatsoever. It's more firm in the tin than other Nivea products, but not so firm that you need to scrape it or smush it to get enough out, as with more waxy lip butters.

It doesn't leave a drying buildup and leave my lips sapped for moisture like other petroleum products. It does have petrolatum, but it also has Castor and Sweet Almond oils as well as Shea butter. (Castor bean/seed oil may have many uses, but it really is an amazing skin product. Seeing it on the ingredient list is actually made me willing to look past the petrolatum!)

"Flavor" is listed in the ingredients, but I feel like it's just scented and not actually flavored.

It was just under $4.00 a tin at CVS, but the tin comes absolutely filled to the brim. With the small amount needed for application, I see this lasting months! The only drawback is that now I want to go back and buy the other 3 formulas!

They could have called this "Lip Lotion" or "Lip Creme", and "heavenly" should be used to describe it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by cendana

Applies white if not careful and if too thickly, but I like using a cotton tip to apply this and really roll the tip to every crook and cranny and crevices of my lips. So far has been helping my lips stay moisturised and bye bye chapping/peeling/bleeding lips!

They sit comfortably with a slip, a grip, but not overly sticky or disgusting. They almost like a treatment feel on the lips, I like using this at night time or at home, and under lipsticks.

Have this in unscented and vanilla/macadamia. The vanilla/macadamia is surprisingly a new favourite now despite it having a scent, but the scent does not linger much or up-your-nose too much. Which is great.

Keeps the lips ready to be kissed! Thumbs up!

For those worry about it being pure/natural, this is not marketed as such. So if you are concerned about it, this does contain Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Castor Oil.
Titanium dioxide (Cl 77891) as the white colorant in the Unscented, and Iron oxide (Cl 77492) as the yellow colorant in the Vanilla/Macadamia.

Both contain Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) and Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii Butter), for those interested.

Giving it the thumbs up just because for its price and its value range, can't really complain much. It softens my lips and I am enjoying the emollient consistency of both flavours.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Edit on 2/1/2013: After using this for a week, its reached HG status. My dry lips are plumped out and healthy. And the smell and feel make it fun to use!

This is a great lip butter with a gorgeous texture and smell. I have the raspberry rose lip balm and it is sheer but lightens lips just a teeny bit. It can look white/waxy if too much is used. It also gives a healthy sheen as mentioned in the review below, nowhere close to a gloss but very natural and quite lovely. I hope they bring out tinted lip butters next. I find it more moisturising than my revlon lip butter.

I use my HG Burts bees lip balm first and then apply this on top to seal in the moisture. My terribly dry, chapped lips are looking moisturised and healthy, which is quite rare for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up 2 (vanilla/macadamia and raspberry rose kiss) at CVS in the lotion isle where you would find the small Nivea travel tins of lotion. They were priced at $3.79 (I believe) which is a bit expensive for some lip butter in a tin can, however they were on sale for 2 for $5 at the time.

The scent of both are very pleasant. The vanilla & macadamia smells a little fake/plasic-y vanilla (but what do we expect?). With that said it is still nice. Neither of these have a taste which is ok to me but as pleasant as they smell you'd almost expect them too when they are on your lips.

The vanilla/macadamia is a white/cream colored product, while the raspberry one is a light pink color. Depending how much you put on and the color of your natural lips this can leave a white-ish or pink-ish layer on your lips...especially if your natural lip color is darker. They both are very sheer when you put it on so the slight white or pink color is fine to me because it seems to eventually sink in. Unless it put on a lot it (the color) is hardly noticeable. It leaves your lips looking moisturized, not glossy like a shiny gloss. It does give a sheen to your lips like a thin balm would (or Vaseline).

The feeling when applied is very smooth and light. Isn't sticky like a gloss. I would more compare the feeling to Vaseline on your lips. If you're the type of person who likes to wear a balm or some type of moisturizing product on your lips overnight like I do from time to time then you might enjoy this for nighttime as well. I find it stays on the entire night and leaves my lips feeling smooth. I do notice that this does stay on longer than Maybelline Baby Lips which tends to wear right off. This product might be ideal to wear over lipstick that may be too drying to your lips.

Overall, this product is okay. I'm not crazy about it and I am not too sure I'd repurchase since there are other things out there just as good and for less I'm sure. I have been carrying one in my purse and it does fine. Though this is not something I'd take in a beach bag or somewhere it would be in the heat since that could cause it to melt.