Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

on 4/3/2013 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This lip butter is very good to use at night. It's moisturizing, lasting, ungreasy, & tastes very good. I wouldn't use it under lipstick or other things like that. I have the raspberry rose kind. The packaging isn't sanitary cause you will have to stick your finger in every time. I would always make sure you wash hands prior or buy a good lip brush.

on 4/3/2013 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love,love,love it!!It;s a rich formula,stay's put for a long time and keeps my lips soft Love the Vanilla/Macadamia Smell is gorgeous!

The only 2 things i love about this product is the texture on my lips and the scent. Its Heavenly. I did not know how soft it was going to be in the pot so i picked up a lot of product the first time. I just shrugged my shoulders and layered it on my lips and thank goodness i looked in a mirror because my lips were ghostly white! Its a very pale pink in the pot and its a VERY pale pinkish purplish on my lips. i wiped some off and from now i have to do double duty with applied my Tatre lip surgence in smitten before i apply a LIGHT coat of the lip butter. I do love the smell but i would not rebuy. If it was in a tube maybe yes...but not in the pot.

on 4/3/2013 10:42:00 AM

I'm on the fence about this lip butter. I dislike the packaging. I don't like the fact it comes in a pot, where the lid can be easily popped open in my bag. Plus I'm not a fan of sticking my fingers in a pot, which could accumulate bacteria and I'm putting that near my mouth. I have to disinfect or wash my hands every single time I use this, which is kind of annoying, because I wouldn't need to do this if it came in a stick. And once I've applied the product, I have to have a tissue handy to wipe off the excess, which isn't convenient if I'm in the car or somewhere where I don't have easy access to a tissue. Otherwise, it's a nice product. I love the Vanilla Macadamia nut lip butter, the consistency is nice, the smell is pleasant. This would be a winner if it came in stick and I will not be repurchasing this..

on 3/31/2013 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I was really excited to try this product out cause i heard some many good reviews on it however sad to say i was disappointed :( . Pros : price is pretty cheap , smells great and the packaging is cute HOWEVER I'm always a bit scared that its gonna pop open in my makeup bag. Cons: not very moisturizing at all, it kinda just feels like it sits in the lips so it really did nothing for me at all so sadly i will not be repurchasing this product again BUT i will say if you don't really suffer from "all year round dry lips" this product will most likely work for you.

on 3/29/2013 12:29:00 AM

Meh. Too slick and goopey.
Raspberry smells identical to niveas kiss of berry swirl lipbalm. Caramel has a sickening headache inducing quality to it. Tins are cute but the product is too goopey for a tin. Makes lips look white like the crud that collects in corners of mouth from applying too much balm or gloss. Way better less messy lip balms out there.

on 3/29/2013 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this in Raspberry rose kiss. The product is a cotton candy pink and is absolutely adorable! Smells good, applies well, it does add a hint of pink on your lips, which I like, and not oily or shiny at all, which could be embarrassing.

I don't think it's as moisturizing as Vaseline, but again, love the package, the smell, and the finish look. So nothing to complain, nothing is perfect. I'd definitely recommend this to my fds!

on 3/23/2013 12:40:00 PM

I have this in caramel cream and I love it. It smells amazing and feels so moisturising and creamy on the lips. I use it before I apply my makeup, to prep my lips, and at night when I go to bed. It leaves my lips feeling really soft and for the price I think it's a great product. I'd like to try the vanilla & macadamia flavour next :)

on 3/21/2013 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Being somewhat of a lip product addict, I was very excited to see that Nivea came out with a lip butter product comparable to some of the more premium brands' lip products. I picked up "Smooth Kiss" at my local pharmacy, which is the original unscented one because I'm a bit sensitive to fragrances.
The packaging, as others have said, is a very cute, traditional matte metal tin with a push-on lid which could potentially be very unsanitary if it was used with unwashed hands. The actual product has a nice texture that's very smooth and, well, buttery-feeling. On the lips, it feels a bit heavy and extremely moisturizing, even when applied thinly. I quite like a heavy-feeling lip moisturizer because in my experience, those are the ones which tend to be most effective. Unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed in this product.
Firstly, let me say that my lips are in extremely good condition as I exfoliate them gently but regularly, never go more than a few minutes without a good balm on and never sleep without a very moisturizing product on them, so imagine my surprise when, within three applications, my bottom lip had two deep, painful splits down the center and the skin was peeling. Truthfully, I'm not exactly sure what happened; I applied once in the morning, once that afternoon and once that evening and by the time I went to get ready for bed, my lips looked and felt horrible. The only thing I did differently at all was use this product. I'm thinking it's possible that since my lips weren't dehydrated, the extreme hydration of this product simply made them too moisturized and fragile, kind of like when you sit in the tub for too long and your skin becomes pruned, making it much more delicate. Luckily, I took it off immediately after I noticed the splitting, applied my favorite balm and by the next morning, my lips were nearly healed and are back to normal now, two days later.
Since I'm considering that my lips not being dehydrated caused the bad reaction, the next time my lips do become dehydrated, I'll try this product again and post an update.

on 3/21/2013 12:10:00 PM

Well,being in the UK the prices vary a little more, you can buy them in both Superdrug and Boots though and I assume any other pharmaceutical shop as well, for Nivea I have pretty high expectations and fortunately this lip butter has met and exceeded them.They weren't extremely pricey although just a tad for the size of the tin, but I would happily pay that much again for a product that works, the smell is epic there soft not overpowering at all but definitely there, I have the vanilla and macadamia nut one and my mum has the caramel both of which I love the smell of. the butter itself is smooth a tad thick but just right, you can feel there is a product there ( which I prefer), but it isn't too heavy or sticky at all and stays for a long time.The tin is easy to open especially with sweaty or wet hands unlike the Vaseline tins and nice and slim which, means I can just slip it into my tray at work happily. Over all I think it's a fab lip butter for winter but use it to prevent drying out and cracking, and not after it happens, just in case :)

Popular Lip Treatments