December 20, 2014 | 830 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Wow kinda surprised to see how beloved this product is here. Hunted them down when I heard they hit CVS and bought the caramel one. Not really impressed by it... Feels like you typical lip balm for the most part except perhaps a little creamier. Scent is good, reminds me of caramel kettle corn. Worst part is it leaves a freaky white glaze on my lips that is not attractive so I just keep this by my bed side for use at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by SweetSmellingToilets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I picked up the Vanilla & Macadamia lip butter today for around $3 in the clearance at Shoppers and WOW. This stuff instantly cures any chocolate cravings because it smells SO good. It also moisturizes super well! I wish they would come up with something like this for skin so my body and hands could be baby-butt smooth too!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by fwoo

I bought this because of all the hype. Plus I was really excited to see it in my local drug store in Canada especially because i thought it was only available in the states. I have chronically dry lips, living in Vancouver doesn't help. i've tried many lip balms from high end to low end (currently lusting for Dior creme de rose!) so i know what works for me. I bought two, the original and the macadamia nut one which smelled DELICIOUS. unfortunately it irritated my lips, most likely from the fragrance so i gave that to my sister. I thought i'd give it another try and not return the original. I'd say its not the worst i've tried but not what i wanted in a lip balm. Needs to be more moisturizing, thicker. When my lips are at its driest, the only things that works is petroleum jelly based products (current faves: smiths rosebud salve & aquaphor). This only created a barrier and dried out my lips. On a normal day, i'd say its hydrating enough but leaves me wanting more and i usually end up applying something else on top. I think it'll work for people that have a regular degree of dryness otherwise its just not enough. I think the container is cute, fits in my pocket. I'm just trying to use it up at work where i only need a bit of moisture to last me til break. Sad, i was so excited for these lip butters.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by agus23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

didn't do ANYTHING to my lips waste of money smell good in the pot but odor dissapear as soon as u put it on your lips DO NOT RECOMMEND not even to my worst enemy

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Aclark7351

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the Caramel Creme Kiss scent at Target and I LOVE this product!

Price: super cheap they were $3-4 bucks at Target
Smell: Amazing! Super sweet and delicious
Moisturizing Quality: Amazing! These lip butters are super thick and creamy and they are the perfect nighttime lip treatment. These might be a little thick and slick to wear under lipstick during the day because the texture is so creamy the lipstick might smear off. These actually remind me a lot of my Korres lip butters-they feel like a luxury lip balm.
Packaging: I actually love the fact that this comes in a tin as I prefer tins but if you find tins unsanitary you might want to try the Nivea chopsticks that come in a tube form.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by wq13

I've been searching EVERYWHERE for these for the past 3 months. Every time I went to a store, I checked to see if they have these lip butters, with no luck - until yesterday! When I saw these, I literally started jumping up and down like a mad woman! I picked up the Vanilla & Macadamia Nut scent and let me tell you - I am in LOVE with it. It is so creamy and literally feels like you're spreading butter on your lips (in a good way), hence the name "lip butter". It smells heavenly and moisturizes better than anything I've ever tried. $4 might seem a tad pricey for a small tin of lip balm, but the quality is just phenomenal. Honestly, I don't think any other lip product compares to this. I put it on at night and under other lip products, and it keeps my lips moisturized and smooth. While other lip balms wear off pretty quickly, this one stays and holds up well! The only bad thing I can say about this is the packaging. It's unsanitary. But then again, I don't think the product would be the same in a stick/tube.
All in all, I will definitely pick up more of these! If you love soft lips (who doesn't?!), then you should try these out!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this lip butter, BUT I noticed that the quality is inconsistent depending on the flavor, many people who brought the raspberry one tend to dislike the product, I have the vanilla & macadamia which is a high quality one:

-Origin: It's made in Belgium, so no animal testing, GREAT!
-Smell: I prefer non scented, but it was not available at my local drug store.
-It's has lots of good ingredients: Patrolatum & polyglyceryl, glycerin are all moisturizing agents, shea, castor seed and sweet almond oil, are moisturizing oil; BUT it has BHT, which has double duty: it's a synthetic antioxidant that keeps the product fresh, also a good skin emollient, but if you eat it (some people like to eat their lip balm) in large dose, it can be carcinogenic. So DON"T EAT IT. Otherwise it is a great product.
-I found myself applying lip balm less often after using this, it layers well with lipstick because it's not too glossy nor slippery.

Overall I think this is a great lip balm (again, don't eat it) with great value performance.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by sultryvoice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are new to Canada. Of the 4 types (according to the Nivea website), we have original and vanilla/macadamia nut. I purchased the vanilla/macadamia nut. I like the tin packaging, although I do prefer a twist-up stick for hygienic reasons. Regarding the appearance of the product, it is white is colour and the texture is soft, but not mushy or runny. I have read some reviews that state that the product leaves a white film on the lips. Even though my lips have a naturally dark pigment, I do not have a problem with the white film as it is barely visable. I would have no problem applying this sans mirror. Even with the addition of sweet almond oil and shea butter, it is not the most moisturizing (it kind of sits on the lips), but for the price of $4cdn, it's alright. I wish Vitamin E was part of the formulation as I think that would help with moisture. Regarding scent and taste, initially I likened the scent to cocoa butter (which I love), but when I applied it, I realized that the scent is more like a vanilla milkshake. I love it. It is not heavily scented, but the vanilla is definitely detectable. There is no taste. I think this is definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 7:06:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I love the packaging of these lip butters and the way they make my lips feel! I have the Original, Caramel Cream, and Raspberry Rose butters. I will definitely pick up the Macadamia one once I find it in a store! The scented butters smell incredible, especially the Caramel Cream one - it reminds me of Bath and Body Works. The consistency is smooth and creamy. They all leave a bit of a whitish cast on the lips, but it's very subtle. At night I apply my Nivea - A Kiss of Milk and Honey balm and then top it off with a coat of the Raspberry Rose lip butter. I ALWAYS wake up with smooth, soft lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by cameobear

I just DO NOT get the hype over this product. I picked up the raspberry-rose scent at my CVS for $4 (fairly average lip balm price for CA). I don't mind the packaging, but I know some people don't like pots; in fact, I'm extremely fond of CD creme de rose lip balm, which also comes in a pot. The downside is CdR is very pricy($30), and I was hoping this would be a dupe, but it really didn't do it for me. The smell is nice, but it didn't do anything for my lips. Just sat on top, feeling greasy, and quickly dissipates away. If you want to try something better from Nivea in the lip department, a kiss of milk and honey is one of my favorite drugstore lip balms. I'd highly recommend that over this any day! And if you want something similar, but better than this, and are willing to fork over some extra money, creme de rose is amazing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No