September 19, 2014 | 1711 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Laurengrimm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is nice, but it definitely does not meet the standards that some people on this are saying. I like how thick my lashes, become but they fall short when it comes to length. And I continue my search for my holy grail mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by gretchenelisabethh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara because everyone was raving about it, but when I tried it out for myself, I discovered it was horrible. It clumps and runs and smears and its just gross.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by alyssacallahan93

I actually have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. When I first bought rocket volume I had really high expectations, I heard so many good reviews so I was excited to give it a try. I normally like more of the dry mascaras so I was a little disappointed when I first opened the tube and saw how wet this formula was. It went on my lashes really easily but it was very thick and weighed them down. My lashes normally hold a curl pretty well but this mascara completely flattened them down. I also layer my mascara ALOT and this didnt let me do that, when i tried to put more than one coat on my lashes all clumped together and trying to brush them out and separate them was almost impossible. However after taking a long break from rocket volume i decided to go back to it except this time i bought the WATERPROOF. what a huge difference it made! The water proof held a curl, didnt clump at all, it was like a totally different mascara. If you want to give this mascara a try I would recommend getting the waterproof. it is a million times better than the regular mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Achtland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying that nothing in this review is coming from a snobby point of view. My holy grail is Maybelline "the falsies". I have a solid mix of drug store and designer products.
A few months ago, Target was out of "the falsies" in blackest black. I figured I would give "rocket volum" a try. The brush is very different, very big. I'm good with its size all the way up until the end. Its too fat there, too blunt. Makes it difficult to get the smaller lashes toward your tear duct without getting a little on your lid. I don't find the formula to be difficult to work with. The wetness others have complained about wasn't a problem for me. On a very positive note, this mascara holds a curl better than any I can remember. My lashes were still very lifted when I took it off after 8 hours or so. It seems to lengthen a bit. Nothing dramatic. I have very long, relatively thick lashes naturally and I didn't see a huge change in length. As far as volume goes...yeah. It's there for sure. But not in the way I'd hoped. It took a good bit of work to get separation. My lashes desperately wanted to clump. And I love layering...with each layer it was worse. After some work I ended up with "sort of" separated tarantula lashes. And they felt stiff all day. I know that's a look some girls are going for these days. If that's you...here's your product.

I'm sticking with "the falsies". Ridiculous length, amazing buildable volume, zero clumping, feathery soft lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by SamiSue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Honestly I have a crazy obsession with lashes but I have found my holy grail mascara. No other mascara can lengthen, thicken or separate as much as Rocket Volume. Whenever I wear this I always get compliments about my lashes. It's perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by BeautyByBrianna

REALLY GOOD AT SEPARATION!! This mascara separates my lashes so well it's amazing! It has good length as well. The only complaint I have with this mascara is that I find its not as dark and black as I hoped it would be. It does so well for length and separation they don't appear that way from a short distance only up close. I have to use another mascara to make them darker but i guess if your want more of a natural look with just one layer go for it! But you can definitely build it up, around the second - third coat I start to see clumps

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Nauneei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this Mascara today, i absolutely adore it! Its wonderful it gives my lashes so much length, volume, has great coverage doesn't clump and doesnt dry out. I definately would consider purchasing it again i hated Revlon's Lash potion it was a poor excuse for mascara but on the bright side i found something better♥

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

This is one of my least favorite Maybelline mascaras. The formula is much too wet & makes my lashes look a wet, spidery mess. Too many coats will make your lashes stick together. I just don't like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by michellenovaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite mascaras! It doesn't clump unless you put too much on, which also goes for pretty much every mascara I've tried, and you can get your lashes really long and thick! My only problem with it is it doesn't hold a curl, probably because it isn't waterproof. But other than that, it's wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticluv18

I really like this mascara! I picked it up on a whim because the brush reallly caught my eye and it is very big and unique, unlike any other mascara brush I've seen before! I got it in waterproof and the color is called "very black." This makes my lashes look false and very long!! It gives me length, volume and thickness. You get what you pay for, buy it ASAP!!