Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/12/2013 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

All of my favourite bloggers, Essiebutton, Katiesbeautyblog, Gh0stparties, Viviannadoesmakeup etc all wear eyeshadow beautifully, so I thought I'd try to add to my very small eyeshadow collection and learn how to properly apply eyeshadow. I have always loved to wear makeup but I've never been very good at applying eyeshadow so I just mad up for it by wearing bold lip colours. I just turned 24 so I'm entering the eyeshadow game a little bit late! I bought this palette as an intro and I absolutely love the matte classic shades. I use the first colour to highlight the inner corners of my eyes and the brow bone. I love the light shades to use all over my lid and then I add one of the darker brown colours in the crease and then sometimes line my eyelashes with the black eyeshadow on the other end. It's a great palette, the colours and all gorgeous and well-pigmented. The price is a good deal too at $32.50 CND, I feel like I really get my money's worth. I would advice using an eyeshadow primer just to add to the longevity of wear!

on 11/10/2013 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Very good product, vey cheap and the colors are wonderful. The reason I gave it 4 out of 5 stars is because the shadows are very skinny and small for $30 dollars. but over all really good colors.

on 11/7/2013 4:08:00 PM

I am so in love with this palette. I have tons of Shadows from Mac, Wet n wild and even the first naked palette and this is the only one I wear every day. I will most definitely repurchase this item.

on 11/7/2013 2:45:00 PM

If you wear make up, you need to invest in this pallet. I use it everyday and I have a large collection of neutrals from other companies. The shadows are a tad powdery but go on like butter. I wear pounds of makeup everyday and it so versatile that Im gonna get one of these for my Mom who only wears a tiny tiny bit of makeup.

Buy it. You need it. TRUST.

I probably wouldn't have bought this if I weren't going on a trip to Europe, and I wanted something small and easy to use. I already had Naked 2, which I love, but it's too big and clunky to take on a big trip with limited luggage space. So this had just come out--it looked a bit boring, but nice and small. I was pleasantly surprised at how versatile it is. I like the 3 light shades, especially walk of shame which is a slightly warm peachy beige shade that brightens the eye area. I also love the slightly shimmery shade--every pallete needs a bit of shimmer. Naked 2 shade can be used, I found, for contouring around the eye area (making big bags recede) and faint is a good all purpose dark colour. The blackish shade can be added to 'oomp' up an evening look. It all worked beautifully on my trip, with early mornings and often dim light to apply my makeup. The excellent quality of UD eyeshadow helped even more--no need to touch up, even with no primer. I almost like it now more than my Naked 2 pallete, and I still use it on super busy mornings. Excellent.

on 10/31/2013 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I rarely impulse buy, so this was a well thought out purchase for me. And I am glad that I bought it. I do love shimmer shadows, but whenever I wear this palette -- I feel like I am applying the right kind of product on my eyes. They feel nice on my eyes. They blend like a dream. I seem to get more compliments on my eyes when I wear these matte shades vs the shimmer shadows. There is some major fallout with the darkest shade, but I usually just wear that as an eyeliner or in the outer corner - so just tap your brush. My favorite shades are the Naked 2, WOS and Venus. Venus is so pretty as a highlight, but it's also nice all over the lid. WOS is the perfect transition shade and Naked 2 is my favorite matte to put in my crease. I use it almost daily. Not sure what I'll do when I hit pan before all the other colors. But this is a great palette for matte shadows. It's cute, compact and is worth the splurge.

on 10/30/2013 8:25:00 PM

This is my favorite eyeshadow pallette. I use it on a daily basis as well as for any occasion. I usually use the black as a liner and it works wonders. I will definitely be buying this pallette again.

on 10/28/2013 12:14:00 AM

i love this palette! i usually use foxy or w.o.s. as a base, then add a little of naked 2 in the crease and highlight with venus. the only color i never use is faint, the dark brown shade. at first i didn't bother with crave (the black color), either, but i read that it makes a good eyeliner and it does! it's super pigmented and there's very little fall out, so it's good for applying on the lash line for when you want to make your lashes look thicker, but maybe not go for the full eyeliner look. i've used this literally every day since i bought it last december or january and it still hasn't run out. highly recommended!

on 10/20/2013 11:43:00 PM

Ok so this will be a short review, since there are plenty of others with all the needed informations in my opinion.

For my part, i LOVE this palette! It contains everything! The shades are gorgeous and mostly matte - which seems to be pretty rare these days - and they are really really pigmented so a little goes a long way. Since I'm a fair-medium skin tone girl, the shades were pretty "strong" on my skin, and looked amazing after blended. In fact I think it would be great on any skin tone.The shades selection allows a lot of possibilities, from everyday makeup to dark night out smokey eye and more. Also, the packaging is just perfect itself, better than the original Naked palettes, which makes is convenient and handy enough to be carry around. I know it can be a little pricey, but it is so worth the money and really is an essential and believe me, I am not even an eyeshadow obsessed kind of girl! Of course, I think it is an amazing great product - don't worry I would not sell my mother for it - but it is worth the try. I recommend it to everyone who can afford to invest in this cause you will never regret it!

on 10/19/2013 6:23:00 AM

After deciding to do my own makeup for my wedding, I figured it was time to invest in some new products. The Naked Basics palette appealed to me because I prefer matte eye shadows.

I love the colours and the quality. This will be my everyday go-to palette, it's my absolute favourite.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products