Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I probably wouldn't have bought this if I weren't going on a trip to Europe, and I wanted something small and easy to use. I already had Naked 2, which I love, but it's too big and clunky to take on a big trip with limited luggage space. So this had just come out--it looked a bit boring, but nice and small. I was pleasantly surprised at how versatile it is. I like the 3 light shades, especially walk of shame which is a slightly warm peachy beige shade that brightens the eye area. I also love the slightly shimmery shade--every pallete needs a bit of shimmer. Naked 2 shade can be used, I found, for contouring around the eye area (making big bags recede) and faint is a good all purpose dark colour. The blackish shade can be added to 'oomp' up an evening look. It all worked beautifully on my trip, with early mornings and often dim light to apply my makeup. The excellent quality of UD eyeshadow helped even more--no need to touch up, even with no primer. I almost like it now more than my Naked 2 pallete, and I still use it on super busy mornings. Excellent.

on 10/31/2013 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I rarely impulse buy, so this was a well thought out purchase for me. And I am glad that I bought it. I do love shimmer shadows, but whenever I wear this palette -- I feel like I am applying the right kind of product on my eyes. They feel nice on my eyes. They blend like a dream. I seem to get more compliments on my eyes when I wear these matte shades vs the shimmer shadows. There is some major fallout with the darkest shade, but I usually just wear that as an eyeliner or in the outer corner - so just tap your brush. My favorite shades are the Naked 2, WOS and Venus. Venus is so pretty as a highlight, but it's also nice all over the lid. WOS is the perfect transition shade and Naked 2 is my favorite matte to put in my crease. I use it almost daily. Not sure what I'll do when I hit pan before all the other colors. But this is a great palette for matte shadows. It's cute, compact and is worth the splurge.

on 10/30/2013 8:25:00 PM

This is my favorite eyeshadow pallette. I use it on a daily basis as well as for any occasion. I usually use the black as a liner and it works wonders. I will definitely be buying this pallette again.

on 10/28/2013 12:14:00 AM

i love this palette! i usually use foxy or w.o.s. as a base, then add a little of naked 2 in the crease and highlight with venus. the only color i never use is faint, the dark brown shade. at first i didn't bother with crave (the black color), either, but i read that it makes a good eyeliner and it does! it's super pigmented and there's very little fall out, so it's good for applying on the lash line for when you want to make your lashes look thicker, but maybe not go for the full eyeliner look. i've used this literally every day since i bought it last december or january and it still hasn't run out. highly recommended!

on 10/20/2013 11:43:00 PM

Ok so this will be a short review, since there are plenty of others with all the needed informations in my opinion.

For my part, i LOVE this palette! It contains everything! The shades are gorgeous and mostly matte - which seems to be pretty rare these days - and they are really really pigmented so a little goes a long way. Since I'm a fair-medium skin tone girl, the shades were pretty "strong" on my skin, and looked amazing after blended. In fact I think it would be great on any skin tone.The shades selection allows a lot of possibilities, from everyday makeup to dark night out smokey eye and more. Also, the packaging is just perfect itself, better than the original Naked palettes, which makes is convenient and handy enough to be carry around. I know it can be a little pricey, but it is so worth the money and really is an essential and believe me, I am not even an eyeshadow obsessed kind of girl! Of course, I think it is an amazing great product - don't worry I would not sell my mother for it - but it is worth the try. I recommend it to everyone who can afford to invest in this cause you will never regret it!

on 10/19/2013 6:23:00 AM

After deciding to do my own makeup for my wedding, I figured it was time to invest in some new products. The Naked Basics palette appealed to me because I prefer matte eye shadows.

I love the colours and the quality. This will be my everyday go-to palette, it's my absolute favourite.

on 10/10/2013 12:58:00 AM

AMAZING eyeshadow. I didn't know whether I should get the basics or naked 2 but ended with basics after I had a play around with my sisters naked 2. Naked 2 is great but shimmery eyeshadows don't work for me. Basics is PERFECT. You can create a lot of looks with it and it is such a silky shadow. I had to pay 15 dollars to get it shipped to Australia from sephora (through tarazz) but this is something I will buy again and again and again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I received the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette for my birthday last month. I had been eyeing it since the summer but never wanted to pay $27 for such a small palette. But after getting it, it has become my best friend! I use these eyeshadows on a daily bases and I find myself always grabbing for it. This is perfect for travel with it's small compact size and the full mirror feature. You could stash this in your purse or any travel bag and know that it will not spill out all over your bag!
You get 6 matte shades: Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame (W.O.S), Naked 2, Faint & Crave.
All perfect for any occasion or season! Urban Decay really has wowed me with great eyeshadows!

So if you are decided between buying or passing. Buy it! It's a wonderful product.

on 10/7/2013 9:50:00 AM

Love this palette! These colors are all matte except for Venus (a shimmer white) so they are extremely wearable. This palette is also great to start a brighter look. This is a must have in my makeup bag.

This is a really nice nice palette for beginners (like me). The saleslady at Sephora recommended this to me in lieu of the Naked 2 palette, which I was also considering. I'm so glad she did!
The colors are beautiful, and I think they last pretty long. Crave, a matte black, is a bit tricky to use because I am so fair, so I think I'll be reserve it as a liner.
The packaging, which is attractive and durable, is a little tricky to open. But I love the mirror inside the lid! It's perfect for traveling.
I find that my EcoTools flat eyeshadow brush picks up a lot of product, so I might use a fluffier brush for the darker colors.

All in all, a great product!!!! A little pricey, but I think I'd re-purchase.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
The Nudes
NAKED

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products