September 16, 2014 | 1588 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by slyhng

LOVE IT! It has all the colors I need for any look and it is so much more worth it than buying the whole palette since I love matte colors! It was pricey in general, but worth the price! Love the packaging! Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by diloretta

Love this palette. WOS and Naked2 are the best colors, ever. Just perfect. My only negative is that the actual palette is hard to open.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I saw the Naked Basics palette at Sephora many times and everytime I was thinking "Nah... not my colours...". After dabbling a bit with cheaper palettes, like the Catrice Absolute Nude one, I finally just relented to the pull of Urban Decay and bought the Naked Basics palette. Ofcourse this was decided by me after Sephora pulled all their Dutch stores, so I had to order it through Beautybay. About the palette itself now! I'm over 30 with some fine lines around my eyes, so the glittery look just looks 'she-tried-too-hard' on me. This has the perfect matte shades to make a natural made-up look for everyday. Although the colours looked like they weren't really for me, surprisingly they do! It's fairly easy to use, I got the look right the first time, which is a feat as I'm not really that good with eyeshadow. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because I find the blendability left somewhat to be desired. If not carefull it can end up al murky, which is not a good look on anyone ;). Too be honest, it deserves 4,5 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by natterz89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really loved this palette at the beginning but now I’m undecided. The colours are a good accompaniment for my naked 1 and 2 but are also lovely to use by themselves. However, I tried them on a friend who has black hair, blue eyes and very pale skin and they totally washed her out. I mean, they barely showed up. I don’t think naked basics flatters every skin tone/eye colour. My main problem is that ‘faint’ and ‘crave’ broke while travelling. I thought the palette was durable enough to carry in my handbag everyday but boy was I wrong. The two shadows that broke managed to escape where the hinge meets and the inside of my bag and its contents were covered in a brown/black powder. I’m very disappointed as these were two of my favourite colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by citizenannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The packaging is fantastic for travel; it's light, small, and shuts very tightly. So tightly that sometimes I have trouble popping it open if my fingers have any lotion or makeup residue on them! It's a comfort to know it won't pop open in my purse or luggage, though. The colors are beautiful and matte; I like to use the set for low-key everyday wear as well as to create a nice nude eye to pair with dramatic liner and a bold red lip. It's a bit pricey, however.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by emilyhannelx3

Absolutely the best and my favorite palette. I honestly prefer this to my Naked and Naked 2 palettes! It's so easy to travel with and the packaging is really adorable and convenient. I love that they're mainly all matte shadows (besides one highlight shade) I use Walk of Shame packed all over my lid, then Venus under my brow and in my inner tear duct. Then I sweep Naked 2 in my crease, and then Faint in the crease for more drama. I blend the colors out by using Naked 2 across my brow bone. Pair this look with the UD Primer Potion and it'll stay all day long. I get so many compliments and this is my everyday, natural smokey-eye go-to look:)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by prettygirl22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I heavily researched the Naked Basic Palette as I wanted a natural look for work. This was my first purchase of an eyeshadow palette from Sephora and at $32CAN I thought it was one of the more reasonably priced ones.

I was excited to get this palette as I saw so many positive reviews on it. However, this palette just didn't cut it for me. I am very fair skinned and these colours did not show up on me at all! I liked the crave for eyeliner and the venus as a highligher but the other four colours looked horrible on me and washed me out.

They didn't even last throughout the day! (mind you I didn't use a primer). I really wanted to like this palette but unfortunately I'm bringing it back tomorrow. Again, the colours were too yellowish and washed me out.

One positive was the packaging- it had a mirror and appeared good for travelling. I may exchange for the Sephora moonshadow baked palette- In the Nude, as these colours seem more lively for my skin tone.
This palette may work for others but it sadly didn't for me:(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My most used palette! So pigmented and yet still beautifully matte! Staple in my daily makeup routine. I watched YouTube videos on how to get great day and night looks . Very versatile

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by lauralately

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These aren't terrible shadows - they're very pigmented and true-to-pan, and the blending was fine. However, the shades are so easily dupeable, it's ridiculous. I mean, how hard is it to find a basic matte ecru shadow? Yet UD thought we needed two of them in this palette. I'm fair, and both the yellow and pink toned matte ecrus look identical on me. This is quite expensive for what it is, and you don't need to spend this kind of money to get the looks that this palette produces.

The packaging is a bit tough to open, and the shadows have crazy fallout when I blend them. I got this as a gift, otherwise I would've returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Kimknott

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is so-so in my opinion. I personally don't think it's worth $27 but I love both of the naked palettes so I bought this because its from the naked line. But I definitely expected it to be better. I love the shimmery highlight color called Venus. And I love the light brown color called naked 2. But I wish they would have included a better darker brown than faint. To me that shade is useless FOR THIS PALETTE. And I don't know why they included 3 highlights. I would have liked to have seen them include maybe virgin or sidecar instead of foxy (which is in the naked 2 palette). I think they should've chosen EITHER walk of shame or foxy. Not both. To me this palette would be more versatile, easy, and better for everyday use if they would've included 1 shimmery highlight, 1 matte lid color, 1 light crease color, and two darker crease colors. And lose the black.