August 23, 2014 | 1806 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

This was the first BB cream that I ever bought. I had no idea what it was, but I kept seeing it all over the place and reading about it. I like the concept of it doing so many things at once, on those days when I dont have time to go through my regular skin care/ makeup routine. This does it all in one step, which you can learn to appreciate. I have got a few other BB creams, but have yet to try them. I will send an update about which one I like the best. Until then, I will use this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this in "Light". I can't even do a proper review because this turned a horrifying shade or orangey tan when I tested it on the back of my hand. It also smelled like plastic. If your skin is fair, forget about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

At first, I was thrown off by the silver/white color. But true to its description, it blends well and adjusts to your skin tone. I like the exfoliating texture of the "beautifying beads" contained in this cream, and I am guessing that the pigments are released from these beads.

This worked really well for me. It gave my skin a nice luminescent glow. It does contain a slight amount of shimmer, but I did not find this too overpowering.

I would recommend using a moisturizer with SPF first and letting that soak in before applying this BB cream, since it contains no SPF of its own.

The packaging is sleek and clean; it only dispenses a small amount of product per squeeze which eliminates the possibility of a mess. I've tried the Maybelline BB Cream as well, and by far, L'Oreal's is superior.

There are only 4 shades but like I mentioned, it really will adjust to your skin.

It really does prime my face and smooth my complexion. After applying powder foundation over this, my skin looks virtually flawless. But oftentimes I won't even apply foundation because this looks amazing already on its own.

WInner!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by dbnsjsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I bought this when I ran out of the other brand of BB Cream I had been using. I like to try something new when I can. The first time I used it, I was a bit thrown by the white color. I figured it was some gimmick to make it seem more "magic". When I applied it, I wasn't expecting the gritty feel of the product, but it went on smooth. I use BB cream as a foundation with a pressed powder on top to "set" it. This offers much more of a foundation-like coverage and lasts all day. I read a lot of reviews complaining of an orange color, but I've found it blends perfectly with my fair skin. My only suggestion would be that L'Oreal add SPF-15 to the formula, and it would be perfect! I will definitely stick with this for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by MissMelinda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thought it was a great product but doesn't have as many benefits as my other bb cream. I thought it was great as a primer...my makeup lasts for hours with this product on. Wish it had a UVA/UVB SPF in it...when using this I have to also apply a sunscreen. Other than that it's good for a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by thejaebird

I decided to wait until i had used this product for over a month to give a review. I feel the same with it as when I first got it...I LOVE IT. For reference i struggle with acne including the cystic variety, have quite a bit of scarring and hyperpigmentation, am fair skinned and look best in makeup with yellow tones to it. I use the fair shade. I wanted a bb cream that would work to neutralize redness while acting as a primer and moisturizer. I feel that this bb cream does all those things at a great price!! Bb creams are not going to make every blemish disappear but this one really helps to reduce redness so I can have a more flawless look under concealer and mineral foundation. I have also found that using this in combo of other factors has improved my acne (diet changes and using a moisturizer twice daily). I feel that it does a good job to moisturize even though it is matte finish. I've worn just this on days where I needed to make quick stops and it has lasted all day (except for my normal problem areas such as tip of nose). My normal routine with using this product is moisturize, bb cream, concealer, setting powder, mineral foundation, finishing powder. I have also found that I can fill some of the acne scars and pores nicely with this to create a smoother finish. Ive tried a Korean bb cream with better reviews and 3x the price, but I feel this is far superior. Again I can't recommend this product enough!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by FromNJ23

No, No, No, No, No, No. WHAT was I thinking.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by pamandabelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a huge fan of this product! I use the Fair shade. It is a daily staple in my makeup bag! I put this on after I apply my morning moisturizer underneath my foundation and setting powder.
The product itself looks white when it comes out of the tube, and as you apply it you can feel a sort of grainy texture, but as you blend it into your skin it feels and looks smooth. Blending is key! I really love that this product blurs imperfections like acne marks, actual blemishes, or other discolorations. It also helps neutralize redness. I have used the BB cream by itself in a pinch with a little powder on top and it provides a nice, clean look.
Overall, L'Oreal has provided us with a great product here! It's more affordable than designer BB creams, and as a college student I can handle the price tag and enjoy the results. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by suelou88

This is perfect when you need to run out and don't want to put on a full face. I feel air brushed and it covers all the uglies. However, does not last all day, but good enough for going out in public to run errands, go to an exercise class, chauffer kids. I would NOT wear it to work tho - need my full arsenal of make up products for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using the fair shade for about a month now, and don't think I'll re-purchase. The product is OK used on its own; looks natural, has sheer coverage, and a matte finish. When used as a primer things get a little weird. I have medium sized pores, and while this does help hide them, my foundation begins to look odd after a few hours where my pores are largest. It's almost like fish eyes in paint - the foundation just runs away from the pores and leaves the BB cream. Very strange.