October 24, 2014 | 911 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ellejay1616

I love this BB cream!!! The bottle claims it to be a moisturizing product, but I find that is not true. In fact, most of the claims it makes I find (excuse my language) shitty. HOWEVER, I love to use this UNDER my makeup!! It smooths the skin soo nicely and preps it perfectly for foundation! It leaves the skin matte but not dry or flat looking, and gives a very very sheer finish. BUT, if you layer this it gives more coverage and never looks cakey. Personally my foundation routine is extensive as my skin is very temperamental but I find it applies best with my fingers or a stippling brush. The beads somewhat bother me when I use my fingers but if my stippling brush is dirty that is what I use. If used alone (powdered and sprayed with setting spray) it lasts a considerable amount of time but nothing incredible. IMO it works best under foundation and concealer, and I will continue to buy this!! The price is expensive because i find that it runs out quickly, but it's worth it for me. Also, it does not transfer on clothes so that is a plus! I use the lightest shade and it works as long as I blend it in so it does not settle in my baby hairs or my peach fuzz, if it does settle it tends to look a tad orange, but if I blend it it's a good match for my NC15-NC20 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this BB Cream! It's the first one I ever tried and I'm afraid to try any other since I love this one so much. I read a lot of reviews on here and on YouTube about other BB Creams feeling thick and heavy and I think, if I wanted that, wouldn't I just wear foundation? Maybe b/c they contain SPF? (This one doesn't.) This BB Cream provides a light sheer coverage w/ one layer, two layers and I have just enough coverage yet it feels light and like my natural skin. It has a soft matte finish that makes my skin feel smooth. I follow up w/ Rimmel Stay Matte powder to prevent oil in my t-zone throughout the day. I would not recommend this foundation for people w/ dry skin as it's not very moisturizing. I have normal/combination skin and this does not break me out or irritate my skin. Some people on here have complained about this oxidizing and turning orange, I have no idea what they're talking about??? I have a medium skin tone (NC 20-25) and the medium shade is a perfect match. Others have complained about the tiny beads...this is a white lotion and I assume the beads release the pigment. I think they feel nice, like a gentle exfoliator. I'm already on my second tube of this and I hope they never discontinue it. Another reason I like this is b/c my husband hates makeup and he doesn't think I'm wearing any when I wear this, score! I bought this at CVS for $11. I also like the packaging, just enough comes out so that you don't make a mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovexx

This bb cream is one of those products that i regret buying. The texture is like sand, i actually feel like it's exfoliating my skin which to me is a no-no. It makes me look ORANGE therefore it oxidized on my skin. The coverage was total crap it seemed like i wasn't putting anything on my skin no matter how many layers i applied. Worst of all i paid $20 (on sale) for it but normal price is around $26.95 in Australia. I hate this so much. This is probably obvious right now but....... I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE THIS AGAIN! :( Majorly dissapointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by BurberryBrit89

After a few coupons/sales/employee discounts I got this for about... three dollars? Not bad at all.

I like the concept behind it: very light. Almost liquid-y but that works well because it keeps it light and doesn't feel cakey AT ALL on your face.

Problem is, the "light" shade turns my face a weird yellow/orange/brown shade? It's definitely a weird skin tone. I think It will work well in the summer after I little more color, but it's definitely not a perfect shade for me.

I prefer Rimmel's BB, it's much thicker and provides more coverage, slightly harder to work with, but it's a MUCH better shade match.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by kfields08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This broke me out in large cystic acne. I've never used a BB cream before and didn't know what to expect. It also turned me orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

As far as drugstore BB creams that are available locally, this one is probably my favorite.
It offers decent coverage and the price is affordable.
The catch is that it oxidizes too much and turns orange.
Scary, eh?
I use it like a primer under a foundation, so it doesn't oxidize, but I don't think it would work well if you were using it on it's own.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

This was the first BB cream that I ever bought. I had no idea what it was, but I kept seeing it all over the place and reading about it. I like the concept of it doing so many things at once, on those days when I dont have time to go through my regular skin care/ makeup routine. This does it all in one step, which you can learn to appreciate. I have got a few other BB creams, but have yet to try them. I will send an update about which one I like the best. Until then, I will use this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this in "Light". I can't even do a proper review because this turned a horrifying shade or orangey tan when I tested it on the back of my hand. It also smelled like plastic. If your skin is fair, forget about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

At first, I was thrown off by the silver/white color. But true to its description, it blends well and adjusts to your skin tone. I like the exfoliating texture of the "beautifying beads" contained in this cream, and I am guessing that the pigments are released from these beads.

This worked really well for me. It gave my skin a nice luminescent glow. It does contain a slight amount of shimmer, but I did not find this too overpowering.

I would recommend using a moisturizer with SPF first and letting that soak in before applying this BB cream, since it contains no SPF of its own.

The packaging is sleek and clean; it only dispenses a small amount of product per squeeze which eliminates the possibility of a mess. I've tried the Maybelline BB Cream as well, and by far, L'Oreal's is superior.

There are only 4 shades but like I mentioned, it really will adjust to your skin.

It really does prime my face and smooth my complexion. After applying powder foundation over this, my skin looks virtually flawless. But oftentimes I won't even apply foundation because this looks amazing already on its own.

WInner!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by dbnsjsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I bought this when I ran out of the other brand of BB Cream I had been using. I like to try something new when I can. The first time I used it, I was a bit thrown by the white color. I figured it was some gimmick to make it seem more "magic". When I applied it, I wasn't expecting the gritty feel of the product, but it went on smooth. I use BB cream as a foundation with a pressed powder on top to "set" it. This offers much more of a foundation-like coverage and lasts all day. I read a lot of reviews complaining of an orange color, but I've found it blends perfectly with my fair skin. My only suggestion would be that L'Oreal add SPF-15 to the formula, and it would be perfect! I will definitely stick with this for a while.