July 25, 2014 | 1593 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by suelou88

This is perfect when you need to run out and don't want to put on a full face. I feel air brushed and it covers all the uglies. However, does not last all day, but good enough for going out in public to run errands, go to an exercise class, chauffer kids. I would NOT wear it to work tho - need my full arsenal of make up products for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using the fair shade for about a month now, and don't think I'll re-purchase. The product is OK used on its own; looks natural, has sheer coverage, and a matte finish. When used as a primer things get a little weird. I have medium sized pores, and while this does help hide them, my foundation begins to look odd after a few hours where my pores are largest. It's almost like fish eyes in paint - the foundation just runs away from the pores and leaves the BB cream. Very strange.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by BrooklynB20

I HATED this product! It was grainy and hard to blend in with my skin. It was super orange and dark on my light skin

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by ICGRRL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first day I wore this I really liked it. Perhaps a bit too orange for my super fair skin, but that was easily fixed with a finishing powder. But by the end of the second day wearing it, my skin felt like I had a sunburn and was bright red, tight, and starting to break out. It was four days before I could put anything but my sensitive skin moisturizer on my face. I returned this - awful!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by xxgetaway

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the light coverage, matte finish and magic beads in this BB Cream at first but it ended up clogging my pores so bad after a week of irregular use. So sad I have to give it up.

I paid twenty-something for it in Australia, what a waste.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by stls

Another BB failure here. I triend a sample but looked so terrible that I threw it away. Didn't like the grainy feel at first, the orange color and the fact that it sets super fast so you have to blend really quicky or it will look uneven/ cakey. Sheer/ medium coverage and matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by thebandit1984

I've been using the "Fair" shade of this BB cream for about a month and I like it a lot. It provides sheer coverage but is buildable. The finish is very natural and matte, but not chalky, and it doesn't accentuate dry patches. I found it was very easy to blend and matches my fair skin very well. I have relatively fair skin (I usually use classic ivory or nude beige in L'Oreal products) and this matched perfectly probably because it is so sheer and blendable. I think it would work well for very fair women as well.

I tried the "Light" shade in the store and it was very dark and almost reddish. I wouldn't recommend that shade and therefore would only recommend this product if you have fair skin and get the "Fair" shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by devitini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wanted this product to work out for me so badly. So much so that I even applied it over a primer! (pretty much defeating the purpose of this product, but I'll get to that in a moment).

I purchased this in the shade "Fair" and have never in my life had a shade of make-up match my skintone so perfectly (which is also the reason why I went to great lengths to get this product to agree with me!). The coverage is pretty good for being a drugstore BB; perfect for light coverage days, and enough under a good powder for times of medium coverage.

With all of that said: this product sank right into my pores (in the bad way) and highlighted every little dry patch on my face. It didn't matter if I applied this right after exfoliating and moisturizing, or over a primer, if there was even smidge of dryness on my face it was quick to stick right to it. This product also has zero moisturizing properties and dries far too quickly for my liking, resulting in some streaking if you don't spread it fast enough.

I am sad to say that after using 3/4's of the tube (and multiple experiments in applying) I just could not get this product to work for me. It does not deliver any of the promised effects of a 'BB cream', and seems to just be an overpriced tube of light coverage foundation. Very disappointing! Would be happy to re-visit L'oreal's BB line when/if they work in a decent moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

This product.. I truly did not enjoy this. I have acne prone skin with a few dots on my face and this product was a powder finish kind of product, and I found the product would really cake around my acne. I felt it made me look cakey in general! The price wasn't any better either! I paid $21 for it hoping it would work! But I would be cautious on this product.. Don't recommend it at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Katrinap0039

I tried this product to use for light coverage for days when I wanted to go for a natural look. I have oily skin and large pores. This filled in my pores and make it look a bit more even, however the color was not right for my skin. I used the fair blend on my fair/medium skin. I am hoping to try this again in the summer when I am a little darker. I am also used to mineral powder makeup, but this is not one of my favorites for liquid.