Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

AMAZING brush for under $10! great for cream/liquid foundations. Blends it beautifully. Got mine at Ulta (managed to snatch the last one too!). Didnt shed on me either.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love love love LOVE this brush. I reach for this brush more than I reach for any of my brushes (including Sigma, Mac, etc.) This is the only brush that doesn't absorb all of my foundation. I seriously prefer this brush over my Sigma F80. Those gave me full coverage, but it'd look cakey while the RT EFB would look flawless if I apply it right. My F80 looks best with some foundations while my EFB looks good with any foundation, hands down. The way you apply your foundation of course is also crucial. I rarely buff it in except to blend out my liquid foundation near my neck or into my hair line. I usually just pat/stipple my foundation into my skin LIGHTLY with the brush and it'll give me a natural, nice finish that I've never gotten before owning this brush.

This brush has never shed a hair on me and I know that Ulta always has little sales for RT brushes. I also heard that they're selling them at Walmart now and they're a little bit cheaper at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (think a few cents cheaper, not by much) but they're the best priced, high quality brushes that I've ever used.

The brushes are soft, easy to clean, and easily re-purchasable. Not much more to say besides that if you haven't gotten one of these, you should.

on 8/9/2013 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

An absolute scam.
The bristles are not dense at all and when I apply powder to my face using this, barely any product goes onto my face whereas when I use my Eco Tools powder brush none of the powder settles into the bristles. I feel disgusted that I have already wasted some of my new MAC Skinfinish Natural with using this brush and most of it not even going on my face.
As soon as you take it out of the package you can tell it is cheaply made.
The only plus side is that it air dries relatively quickly, but that is probably due to the fact that the brush is not dense at all.
I don't understand the hype at all.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I hate to ruin all the good reviews but this isn't the best brush in my opinion , it makes my face really itchy like the rest of this line does and it kinda made my make up have less coverage because it blends so well I went back to my E.L.F face brush much better and is way cheaper

This is the best foundation brush I have ever used. It gives a beautiful finish to liquid foundations like Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation as well as mineral foundations like Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Base. Its super-dense so it picks up a ton of product, but the product doesn't get trapped within the bristles. You can get more coverage (regardless of the product you use) by using a stippling motion to place the product and then blending it all out with circular motions, or you can get a lighter coverage if you skip the stippling.

All Real Techniques brushes are very easy to clean and dry quickly. None of the Real Techniques brushes I have have ever shed on me, nor are any of them stained from continued use of colored products.

I have 2 downsides to Real Techniques brushes:

1) If you use alcohol or an alcohol-based cleaner to spot-clean clean your synthetic brushes, be sure to keep it away from the rubbery/soft coating on the black handle- it will melt the coating off. It doesn't ruin the brush, but you will be left with a black, shiny plastic handle with sharpish edges (this happened to my Expert Face Brush).

2) The aluminum ferrule will dent relatively easily compared to steel ferrules of other brushes. Do NOT knock the brush on the side of your sink to shake the excess water out after you've washed any of your Real Techniques brushes- it will dent the crap out of it. Don't ask me how I know. ~sigh~

Overall Real Techniques brushes are high quality, ultra-soft brushes at a great price point. I would recommend them to anyone.

I love this brush. I think that brushes are quite expensive but i bit the bullet and bought one. I use it for my foundation and concealer. I love it loads. I would never go back to my old rubbish brush. Its a very versatile brush and could be used for setting concealer, foundation, contour,blush anything! Anything face related, hence expect 'face' brush! I would recommend anyone to buy it!! I have done a full review on my blog - blusherandbronze.blogspot.com

on 7/29/2013 5:36:00 PM

Like the stippling brush, I really like this brush. I gave the other brushes a 3 out of 5 and don't really enjoy using them but these two brushes are actually really good.

I use the stippling brush for applying tinted moisturiser and I use this one for applying a matte foundation and sometimes also sheer powder blushes. I'm crap at applying blush but for the foundation this does a really great job and I love it.

I will keep using this, it's a great brush.

on 7/29/2013 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am pretty obsessed with this brush!! It's beyond amazing at applying product! I have only ever used it for foundation but I do plan on branching out and using it with more cream products based on the amazing reviews here!
The brush has a great shape so you cover every single part of your face flawlessly.
It's amazingly dense and especially for a synthetic brush it's incredibly soft I would buy this again in a heartbeat!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I recently bought this brush as I have heard so many good reviews on it, and I have to say its one of the best foundation brushes I have used. I am really quite happy with the brush as I have received a few compliments on how my foundation looks! I would defiantly recommend this product!

on 7/27/2013 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This brush is truly fantastic and makes your foundation glide on effortlessly. I was very sceptical when I first bought it. I have tried many foundation brushes Chanel, mac and benefit all of which were more expensive than this one, but this one kicks their ass big time! Buy it today you'll be in live like me!😍

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products