October 21, 2014 | 894 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Cedesxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush! I've always have had a hard time finding the right liquid foundation brush. I would use that basic one but I hated it. I tried those beauty sponge things and that sucked. The sponge took more foundation than my face did. There are so many brushes I saw but they were majorly expensive. Then I finally got off my lazy butt and actually looked the price up on this brush and I was so happy. It was in my budget and easy to get. I personally don't like the store its sold at but I HAD to get that brush. I would not buy any other makeup brush. This brush blends your liquid foundation beautifully. Its so nice and soft. It's not stiff or too soft which is a good thing! The packaging isn't special, I mean it just comes in a hard plastic box. I would recommend to all!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few months, and i'm still not completely sure how I feel about it. Not the softest brush... elf brushes are a bit softer in my opinion (the flat top powder brush and the stippling brush most definitely are).

The first few times I washed it the palm of my hand ended up feeling RAW because the material was so rough! It kind of freaked me out because if it was this rough on my HAND imagine what this is doing to my grill! Anyway, after a few uses it got softer but I'm still not a huge fan. I mean the application is nice but jesus christ does it soak up product, it takes forever to wash it out! I literally had to wash the brush SIX TIMES to get all the product out (I use light foundation so I have no idea how this happened). Not to mention that I was using Dr. Bronners soap which is an oil based soap and gets absolutely EVERYTHING out.

Another thing is that it totally started shedding on me today, I've had this since march and today I had to pick out like five brush hairs off my face which is reaaaaally irritating.

Anyway, if you're reading reviews and thinking about buying this.. you should probably consider giving elf brushes, sonia kashuk brushes, or getting sigma brushes and getting a better quality brush.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will say that the POWDER brush is awesome, it's really soft and easy to work with, you don't have to do much to get product on there and it gives really even application.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by queenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent brush for applying foundation. I use it for my liquid foundation. Although I was skeptical to try this brush at first, I found that it is easy to use and it gives a high coverage without looking streaky. I recommend this brush if you find it hard to use foundation brushes and want a high coverage flawless foundation application. Good value for money so I recommend this for beginners! I think mine would last me a few years but if it breaks I probably would buy a new one. I recommend this for beginners!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Leanne05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brush is nothing short of AMAZING!! It beats any MAC brush hands down and costs a fraction of the price. I have used both a MAC and a Jemma Kidd stippling brush in the past but this brush just makes my makeup application a dream! It really buffs the foundation into my skin to giveaway smooth and flawless look. I also use the contour brush, not to contour but to apply and smooth foundation around my eye and nose area. It's like a smaller version of this brush and works really well for this. I also use it to apply concealer under the eye area. Everyone should have one of these. I love the soft bristles and its easy to wash.
Only downside is the handle is a little long but doesn't bother me much.
Fab, fab product!! Well done Samantha!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I must admit I only bought this brush because I had money to blow and wanted to try something else than the blush brush which I originally only intended to buy. The price for this brush was fair, like all the other real techniques brushes you get a lot for a small amount of money. I think I paid 8 - 9 dollars on iherb.com, which is till this date the cheapest place to buy it according to my research... next to ulta (?) (not promoting the website or anything - just stating a fact).

Now on to the brush itself - its handle is perfect in size and is in a nice bronzy orange colour. The ferule is kinda long, which is perfect if you like me is terrified of ruining the brush by getting water in there during cleansing and washing. Even if it is a cheap brush, it still sucks to ruin it. Because it does perform really, really well.

The brush itself is shaped in a way that makes you think of contouring and bronzing. It's dense and compact, not too small and not too big, and is designed to fit right into the hollow beneath your cheekbones. It's bristles are soft and in high quality tiklon similar to those from ecotools, which makes sense seeing as they are made by the same company. I guess real techniques only have more thought behind their design? I have washed it multiple times without bleeding, so I'm very impressed by the value of this product.

I use it to buff finishing powder onto my skin and contouring beneath the cheekbones. I could use it for foundation too as it does leave an air brushed effect behind, but the bristles suck up product like a sponge, which would cost me a lot of money in the long run. Would recommend it for creme or powder, and if you use liquid, moisten the bristles first. Put water in a clean spray bottle and spray the water lightly on top of the bristles from distance - this will keep it from slurping up all of your expensive foundation.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS BRUSH! The price is out of this world for what you get! I bought this from the RT site, and I think I only paid 8 or 9 dollars?! Either way, the brush has high high high quality, and I suggest buying this! It buffs foundation so well! I actually plan on buying more RT brushes. PS: I love watching Pixiwoo on YT, and that's how I found out about RT brushes! I also adore the way the handle is on this brush. It's an amazing brush! So soft!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this brush in a swap and love it as much as my other RT brushes. I use it mostly for blending--foundation in those spots where it tends to collect, cream blush--especially at the edges, concealer. It works great for all, cleans up easily, keeps its shape, it's super soft and comfortable on the skin, and it's cheap! Can't beat that combo. I won't be without this brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I was trying to find something more economical than the Beautyblender to use for my foundation and heard a lot of good things about this brush. I was able to order it ridiculously cheap from iHerb using one of those new shopper codes for $5 off.

It's ... okay? It seems like a well built brush, although I don't fid it very attractive. Looks like it would last a good long while. The design eliminates concerns like moisture damage to a wood handle or ferrule loosening. I don't know that it's as soft as everyone says. It feels pretty much like a regular synthetic brush, in fact, I find Ecotools to be significantly softer-feeling (but the again most of them are a lot more floppy). I actually felt some discernable prickles on my face whe I used it to buff my foundation, and it left several very small black shed or broken-off hairs on my face the first time I used it.

It does a nice job of applying foundation, or rather of finishing foundation, since to get light coverage I fid it best to spread on the foundation with my fingers and then use the brush to even it out. My main concern with it is that my all-physical facial sunscreen is very important to me, and I can't help worrying that rubbing and twirling my fingers + a brush over it is going to compromise it. I ended up much preferring the BeautyBlender, because the bouncig motion I use with that leaves my sunscreen (ad my occasional flaky patches) completely undisturbed.

Maybe I would use it again for evening makeup without any sunscreen? I dunno. I'm going to experiment with using it as a blush or contouring brush. (UPDATE: I quite like using this for blush. I have a duofiber brush for pigmented blushes and usually for sheer blushes I use my Hakuhodo blush brush; but if I have my heavier sunscreen on, which tends to transfer to brushes and leave residue, I use the Real Techniques brush. It's roughly similar in shape, size and density (maybe not so much density but not too far off) so I can use it the same way, and I don't need to freak out about washing it too frequently.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Have a few of these too. I use it to apply my cream, gel and liquid foundations. Also great to apply cream/gel contour or highliters. If you spritz the head with water, you can also use it to apply your powder foundations perfectly.

Blends with the very best.

I am starting to hate all of my real animal hair brushes because of these. No smell, no shedding, always just right.

Buy without fear.

I wanted a 5 lippie on this review, but for some reason, I can only give it 4. What's up?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the best liquid foundation brushes i've purchased. its soft and i've washed it multiple time so far and it is still in perfect condition. perfect size the only thing i dont like is the tip of the handel... its too fat it makes it hard to store in my makeup organizer. but none the less its an amazing brush.