September 22, 2014 | 2049 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the best liquid foundation brushes i've purchased. its soft and i've washed it multiple time so far and it is still in perfect condition. perfect size the only thing i dont like is the tip of the handel... its too fat it makes it hard to store in my makeup organizer. but none the less its an amazing brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by tatcuya114

Absolute perfection. Love the brush for buffing foundation into the skin. Easy to wash and gets dry quickly. The bristles are the perfect balance between softness and stiffness for the buffing motion. I haven't used it for other purposes other than with liquid foundation. But it seems like a really versatile brush, so it's really great to take with you when travelling.

This brush is almost exceeds my holy grail shiseido foundation brush. It is easier to clean and dry, while the shiseido one is too dense to be cleaned thoroughly sometimes. I spot clean it everyday by rubbing it on a cotton pad soaked with rubbing alcohol. This method gets the foundation off the bristles easily (you can tell because the tip of the bristles is white). It's also a lot more inexpensive and spread the foundation more quickly than the shiseido brush.

My only complain is that I wish the handle was a little shorter. I'm pretty near-sighted. I often go quite close to the mirrior when I apply my makeup and sometimes the handle hits the mirrior when I'm too close. This doesn't happen with my shiseido brush, because it's got a much shorter handle. Other than this minor complain, this brush is just perfection to me. I don't live in the US or Europe, so it was a little bit of a hassle to get it from online. But I'm so happy that I got it and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

If anyones looking for a great cream blender or a brush to go with soleil tan de chanel... THIS IS THE ONE! i use this to blend out my underye concealer contour triangle thing, the kim k way, but not directly under my eye as i dont want to tug i use a MAC 217 for that, and as said, goes great with the cream bronzer by chanel! worth a buy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Smurf72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought one for each of my teen daughters and told them to blend blend blend on the jawline. I don't ever want to see another visible foundation line again. It almost makes me want to go Joan Crawford wire hangers on them. I know they are sleepy in the morning but BLEND it in please! With that said it is an EXCELLENT brush. Everyone should own one. I bought them at ULTA with a coupon for $3.50 off of $10.

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by aldrinmoore

I watched someone use this on you tube against another chapman real techniques brush and you could tell it was the better one as she did half face with one and half with this ne.This one looked more flawless.
So I bought it and im quite impressed with it.I don't use it with powders just liquid foundation and it gives good results so im happy with it and glad I bought it rather than using my stippling one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I don't I regret buying this - it's a great foundation brush, but it wasn't quite like I imagined it would be. Sam (creator of real techniques) DOES have a video for this brush, but, as a regular person, not a makeup artist, I don't think this really works well with powders. I absolutely love the Chapman sisters, but I feel this brush was a little bit of a let-down since I can't use it for powder. This is a long review, but I'm just trying to explain all of the things I didn't know myself before buying this.
First, I thought the brush-part of this brush would be bigger. Yes, I did see plenty of pictures and videos of this before buying, but I didn't think the brush-part would be as small as it actually is. As many others, I don't like the handle - I have a glass for my brushes + the brush get's a little harder to use because I usually hold onto it quite far down on the handle + it takes more space. I don't know if only I have this problem, but the taklon bristles get stained quite easily. My face handles this nicely, but this brush is a bit scratchy to my undereye area. If you have flaky skin, you might dislike this as it might lift the flakes.
I thought I would use this for blush or bronzer, maybe for power foundation. I kinda thought this would be a small fluffy brush, but it isn't fluffy - it's very dense - it's basically a very small kabuki on a long handle. No way I could use this for powder blush or bronzer - it leaves harsh streaks because it's NOT a good brush to blend powders with (for me), especially if they're very pigmented. While you can drag cream products around with a brush, powders look better if you don't drag them around. Also: because the brush is so stiff I feel it takes a good scoop out of my compact powder foundation - it kinda wastes a lot of product this way. Same goes with compact blush and bronzer.
I wouldn't recommend this for powder foundation or mineral powder foundation. You would work them well into your skin, but this is so small that it would take a long time. It would be easier to apply foundation-powders evenly with a bigger kabuki or just a bigger powder brush.
If you own a good kabuki, you may have noticed that you need to press it a little into your skin when using it. To work products into your skin you need to keep the brush on your face with a small steady pressure - it's quite difficult to blend something if the kabuki barely touches your skin. I think this brush, which is like a tiny kabuki, is made in such a way that it mainly works for cream and liquid products. I have never come upon a brush like this, but I will attempt to explain how you can use it:
- For liquids: the brush doesn't absorb a lot of product - because of this you can get quite good coverage with it. It does NOT work like a duo-bristle brush, which you can lightly swirl over your skin - you actually have to press this a little into your skin to blend your product. I would recommend first spreading the foundation in a swirling motion, then blend in downwards in strokes. This brush, luckily, doesn't leave streaks on the face, at least it didn't on me. I find this brush VERYgood for liquid foundations - I like the shape better for liquid foundation than flat top brushes or flat foundation brushes. If you want a brush for liquid foundation, I would recommend this - it works very well!
- People with big pores may like this because soft brushes or fingers might not cover their pores well enough, while this works foundation into the skin
- This brush blends creams quite easily because it's quite stiff, BUT I have a couple of cream foundations that are pretty hard, and this doesn't blend them well - they need to be warmed up by fingers first, or they apply patchy. Most cream, liquid or stain blushes should be good to blend with this
- If you don't like to blend your products into your skin, you will probably only manage to use this with highlighters
I bought this brush from iherb.com. They ship nearly all over the world and they have also lowered their cheapest shipping prize from $6 to $4. If you're a first time customer, you can use my coupon code JUZ808 and get a discount of $5 (if shopping for less than $40) or $10 (if shopping for more than $40).
I also want to say how the code works: if you use it, I get a small percentage of the price you paid. Yes: people earn money when you use their code. If you feel strongly negative about this, you can use iherb's own code ABC123, and only iherb will earn money from your buy.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Beautyglimpse

found this product at iherb.com and it's really good! love all real techniques' brushes! yay very recommended girls.
use this coupon (MZC485) to get $10 off on your purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Polydroogie

Amazing brush, good for medium to full coverage. It doesn't leave it looking cakey or strikey. Great handle and a great price. Amazing quality brush. And besides... it's SOOOO PRETTY

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

I've had this 6 months and I was worried about the hype but it's a great brush that leaves a flawless finish.

I prefer sheer to medium liquid foundations and it increases the coverage of my foundation with no cakiness. So I've found I need less/no concealer on my red areas.
It also great as a finishing brush to buff everything together seamlessly.
If you're stuck it can be used for contouring/blusher.
It soaks up some product if you dip it straight into your foundation. I end up using 1.5 instead of 1 pump.

The brush head is big enough to make application quick but small enough to give control around nose, eyebrows etc.
The wide base is useful during application to keep the bristles clean and I think this is worth the payoff for harder storage.
The bristles are very soft and I've lost none during washing.
It washes very well and takes about 16 hours to dry.

Not mad on the orange handle though.
I'm definitely going to try more brushes from her range.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Thyja

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do love this brush. I use it to buff foundation once I dot it on my face using my fingers. I tried using it to apply foundation straight to my face but ended up using way too much product.