September 30, 2014 | 1153 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Blah15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The shade "light" is the only face makeup to match me perfectly!! Too bad this bb cream isn't for my dry skin. It isn't moisturizing at all and has a thick consistency. Still on the hunt for the perfect face MU :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

At first I really liked this product because it is a nice thicker consistency and blends quite well. But after several uses I was finding it showed my flaky skin bits around my chin, upper lip and around my nose!! Ugh!! Even my husband pointed it out at the grocery store because the lighting there is super bright. He was trying to pick off the dead skin. LOL!! I like trying new products and I was using Dr Jart BB cream but it was too white for my skin but covered well. I figured with a North American brand I was sure to find a similar experience with a north American skin tone (even tho I'm Asian...but I am not paler than pale.) I find Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in bisque is perfect for my skin and doesn't exaggerate any dry spots. But I was wanting a little more coverage...but less than foundation. I won't be getting this BB cream again. And it smells of SPF pretty bad too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

In my quest for the perfect BB Cream, Smashbox has not afforded perfection for my skin type. Here's the story: I've been trying many BB creams before making a final decision to purchase. (FYI--Boscia is the one for me). On a whim, I figured I would try this out. While in Nordstrom, one of the Smashbox S/A's gave me a sample in the "Light" tint. As I had tried the "Fair" and the "light" on my hand, I mentioned that the light was far too yellow for my skin. She said. "No it's not"...and gave me this light sample. First of all, I know my coloring. This "light" just wasn't for me. My skin looked jaundiced as though I was on a 20-year bender. Not a good look--especially for a woman in her 50's. Secondly, this is not as hydrating as the Dr. Jart or the Boscia (sorry for the poor spelling). My skin is very dry and I really need a super-hydrating product. Application is "meh". It doesn't go on as well as the other BB creams I've tried. Look..I realize very much that what may work for others may or may not work for me--and visa versa. It all depends on your skin's characteristics and your coloring. Smashbox BB cream just is not a good choice if your skin is very fair, freckled, dry..AND shall I add "mature"? I did give it 3 lipsticks on the price because I don't think it is any more expensive than other BB cremes that I've tried. Also, I don't think the packaging is bad either. This just does not work for me. Thank you for reading this review and have a wonderful weekend!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by lulucitron

I love this product. It is expensive but I am saving money not having to purchase a separate moisturizer, primer, foundation and sunblock...this has all of these items in one package.

I tried the garnier bb cream and it made me break out plus I didn't like the greasy feeling it left on my skin. Smashbox leaves a silky matte finish that is easy to apply and doesn't require much product. A pea size drop on each of my cheeks, forehead and half a pea size on my nose and chin does the job. It lasts all day and looks fresh and natural.

I didn't think I'd find something to replace my laura mercier tinted moisturizer, but I certainly did! It has found a permanent home in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by evosmalls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this in Light and really wish they had the Light/Medium in stock. Kept shine away all day! Texture was great and didn't make me feel like I was wearing anything. Definitely need to get a hold of Light/Medium. I just wish you got a little more product for the $39.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by megheartsshoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i feel like i can't give this 5 stars simply because i haven't tried enough bb creams to compare it to, but i absolutely love this product. am already hoarding it because i don't ever want to run out! i'm a never-leave-the-house-without-a-little-makeup girl, though i do like a light hand and a very natural look. tinted moisturizers have been a standby for me, though i always wished i could get a little bit more coverage.

enter smashbox bb cream! this cream looks gorgeously natural, gives my dry skin a beautiful glow, and adds enough hydration that my skin feels lovely. it's easy to build for more coverage, so i can often skip concealer unless i have a breakout that needs something more heavy-duty.

love this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by pinkwings07

When this first came out it was hard to go anywhere online and not see it adverstised, so while at the store one day I purchased it. Its okay, I use it as a primer and then put my foundation over it, I switch between liquid and powder foundation and it looks nice under both. I read some reviews where it was used alone as a foundation, for me personally it doesnt give a good enough cover to hide imperfections. Although I'm happy with the product I dont think its a necessity for my makeup drawer and I wont be purchasing again.I think I can find something else just as good at a lower price.

*pinkwings*

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ClaraJ23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not really a huge foundation fan but this stuff goes on super easy and blends really nicely. Stays on all day and keeps shine at bay. I will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using a sample of this for the past week, in conjunction with Kiehl's Ultra Facial cream, and my skin has been just the best ever... not exactly sure which of the 2 products is the most responsible for it, but my skin looks totally even, no breakouts, small pores, and stays just nice and matte and great looking even at the end of the day. I really like the coverage-- it's the perfect amount -- more than a tinted moisturizer but it still lets some skin show through. It does actually seem like it's doing something therapeutic for my skin, because I can honestly say this is the first foundation/coverage product I've used that doesn't have any negative effect on my skin and actually seems to leave it in better shape. They were out of the Light/Medium, so I've been using the Light shade, which isn't bad, but Light/Medium seems to be the perfect shade and especially for summer. I only wish it weren't so expensive.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by daisyeyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! It goes on easily, lasts all day. More coverage than other BBs or TMs, but not too much. Had great luck with its sunscreen properties on a recent beach vacation. As others have mentioned, it is expensive. One tube will last a long time, though. It only takes a small amount to cover your face.

It gives a slightly dewy finish, less than Boscia BB, which I am currently sampling and think is a bit oily. (I have normal to dry skin.) It stays put and doesn't settle into fine lines. I finish with MUFE finishing powder and usually blot mid-day with Clean & Clear blotting papers. That's all I need to keep it looking fresh.

I like that this comes in four or five colors. I am NW15 and ended up buying both fair and light. Fair is really, really light. Light is a bit dark for me, although I could probably get away with it alone in summertime. I mix them in varying proportions according to the look I want and the lighting I will be in.

Get a Sephora CM to make you a sample pot of this. It's worth trying!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No