August 1, 2014 | 1716 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by daisyeyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! It goes on easily, lasts all day. More coverage than other BBs or TMs, but not too much. Had great luck with its sunscreen properties on a recent beach vacation. As others have mentioned, it is expensive. One tube will last a long time, though. It only takes a small amount to cover your face.

It gives a slightly dewy finish, less than Boscia BB, which I am currently sampling and think is a bit oily. (I have normal to dry skin.) It stays put and doesn't settle into fine lines. I finish with MUFE finishing powder and usually blot mid-day with Clean & Clear blotting papers. That's all I need to keep it looking fresh.

I like that this comes in four or five colors. I am NW15 and ended up buying both fair and light. Fair is really, really light. Light is a bit dark for me, although I could probably get away with it alone in summertime. I mix them in varying proportions according to the look I want and the lighting I will be in.

Get a Sephora CM to make you a sample pot of this. It's worth trying!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by meertiger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my current favorite to use as foundation. I don't use any primer with this, and since it has SPF I don't have to use sunscreen with it either. The consistency is thick and creamy, and it spreads well on the skin. I have rather oily skin, and set with powder this lasts on me the whole day! The coverage isn't too heavy but i can be sheered out or built up. For me, this is a daily staple that I absolutely love! I own the color fair.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by lekiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I have NEVER felt compelled to write a review, even coming across some amazing products throughout my time, but this was too amazing to NOT write! I am the type of person who is OCD about my skincare (I learned as I got into my early to mid 20s) and I'd rather not wear makeup than wear cake face and have my flaws even more pronounced than before. That being said, I have tried it all - don't we all say that? Haha. Truly, though, I thought my new go-to was the Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid, until I realized that no matter what I did, it sucked out all the moisture in my skin and left dry patches, but then by the end of the day it would pool in my t-zone/pores -I'm actually oily and acne prone, but as I'm approaching my mid 20s, my skin has changed and has become dehydrated in some areas. This bb cream IS drying - so you must moisturize before you put it on; but I am an avid skincare aficionado, so this is just like my regular routine. Skincare is skincare and makeup is makeup (in my opinion, of course). No other makeup has stayed on my face so well AND when I do get oily, it doesn't emphasize or pool into pores - it just becomes dewy/glowy and I use my Sephora Matte blotting papers and it does the trick! The MUA at Smashbox showed me a new way to apply it - and it turns out I was using too much! Squeeze half a pea, or pearl sized amount into your palm, take your three fingers and work it in, then press and dab into your face! Voila - the results are literally, unbelievable. From Nars to Chanel to Estee Lauder (I could name many more!), this is the product for me. I can't believe I have found something that works - and no, I don't believe the bb cream hype about the 395823532 benefits for your skin. Like, I said, I separate the two aspects of skincare and cosmetics. But, as a cosmetic, I will say this is TOP NOTCH! Get this, you won't regret it.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

received a sample at ultra and i am SOLD! i didn't understand "bb" cream but after putting this on my skin felt and looked amazing/ matte yet fresh and evened out. I couldn't stop looking - was this my skin? looked so natural! the next day my friend who had the same sample agreed. we had to go back and get this. I have tried other smash box liquid foundations in the past and was disappointed so congratulations smash box you have a winner! I'm in love! truly felt camera ready,

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by rheaZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a MUFE 153 (somewhere between nc40/42) and I picked up this product in the medium shade to see what all the bb hype was about. I felt it was overpriced at $39, but I had a coupon and some stuff to return at Sephora so I ended up paying $24 which wasn't too bad.
I have combination skin with oily and dry patches, and I found the texture of this BB to be a bit too dry out the tube. If I want to be able to blend it at all, I need to mix in some jojoba oil or a bit of moisturizer. Once I do that, it blends beautifully, but for the cost I'd expect this product to carry it's own weight and work alone.
The shade is a little dark for me, but will probably be perfect for the summer months. I doubt I'll be repurchasing because I've found a better color match in Missha's #31.
In Smashbox's defense, this stuff sits quite lightly on the skin and it's easy to forget you're wearing it. However that might be because at 40 bucks an ounce, I'm quite reluctant to use a large amount in one sitting and tend to spread it thin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by vivian101265

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of the BB cream from the Smashbox website. I honestly have not used it yet. I just can't seem to get over the smell! It smells EXACTLY like sunscreen which I find is a huge issue when buying any moisturizer with SPF. SPF is so important to me but I don't need the smell shoved in my face every morning before applying makeup. I want to wear SPF without smelling like I'm wearing it!
I'm disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a mini-tube of this from Sephora as a VIB GWP. I got it in Light and the color was an almost perfect match for my warm-toned NC15-20 skin. It has the perfect amount of coverage for me - somewhere between light and medium. The finish is a bit too matte for my dry skin so it looked a bit powdery and fake once it set.The biggest bummer about is that it caused me to breakout wherever I applied it. (I do have very sensitive/reactive, rosacea-prone skin so almost everything breaks me out.) So for me this one is a no.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

At Last !!!

This is one of the greatest foundation/tinted moisturizer/bb's ever. I've worn Erno Lazlo, Janet Sartin, Chanel, Lancome, Countess Isserlyn, Aveda, Sonia Kashuk, Neutrogena, Sephora ... and this ranks at the top. It evens out my coloring and gives just the right amount of coverage while still letting my skin come through. It doesn't feel weird/oily/heavy/gross at the end of the day either. The only thing I would do to improve it is to increase the range of colors, (more in the tube for the $$ would be nice too), other than that it's awesome stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by baronchow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this because I love (HG) Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer spf15 ... but wanted a higher spf rating.

It's a whole different beastie ;-)

Bought 'Light' - same shade I use in the TM - but it's WAY lighter in the BB cream. So much so, that I look ghostly.

Settled into every line on my face - and seemed to find new ones! Masky and dry feeling. No glow. Accentuated every flake or imperfection.

I don't understand people who say to just use the product lightly ... if you are hoping to get the spf benefit from the product (which I want), then you will have to use approx 1/2 tsp. For me, that amount made for a very artificial look.

Where it touched my eye cream - it pilled.

I didn't realize that one of the benefits is oil control - and I can see where it would do that. On my skin it was very drying. I would only recommend this for someone with oily/very oily skin.

Even in the correct shade for me - which might be 'Light-Medium', this is not moisturizing enough. Sure I could use a moisturizer under ... but trying to limit the amount of products on my skin. I like my skin to look moisturized/somewhat dewy - but the look was very matte and lifeless.

So gave to sis who has oily skin. The shade is probably too light for her too ... but she can see if she likes the texture.

I'm back to my Smashbox Tinted Moisturizer spf15 and Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital Teinte SPF 30. The Lancome is heavier than the Smashbox TM, but has a nice glow (compared to Smashbox BB).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by greytgirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive skin with rosacea. My skin tone is nw15-20. I purchased this in shade light. I felt it was hard to apply, and took a little time smoothing and blending it out.
The shade light was a little yellow for my skintone. After three days of using this my face broke out. At $39 dollars I took it back to Sephora.