September 18, 2014 | 2190 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by KittyRoseGunn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking forward to trying this when I saw a review on You tube. The texture was interesting and I liked how it seemed so light and the color (Vanilla) looked nice. However when I put this on it sparkles. I feel like I'm a vampire character in Twilight and to me this is not a good thing. The color matches my skin well but there is just so much sparkle!! It soaks in nice and seems to blend easily but I feel goofy with glitter all over my face. I did however use a little on the tops of my cheek bones as a kind of highlight which was nice as I prefer a matte look. It just gave a little something on my cheeks. I think this is how I will use this and will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by yolanda1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking at my favorite magazine and i saw this products on one of the must have products adverstisments...I went fast and buy it cause it said it would give you aan airbrush look and that was exactly what i wanted..my skin is oily to normal and i was a little afraid of getting breakouts..But i have to say i love it it stays all day and its not shiny at all it gives you a natural airbrush look..I will buy this product over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by amazin90

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to try this product, so I searched for the product in the color Caramel. I really like this foundation!! I tried the regular PhotoReady, but it was to sparkly and very drying. This doesn't have the same sparkle, but it has a slight shimmer. It gives the face a glow, because the foundation dries to a natural matte finish. My skin is normal to dry, so I have to make sure my skin is very moisturized and exfoliated because it does cling to dry patches. I pump a small amount about the size of a quarter on the back of my hand. I apply the foundation with a damped Sonia Kashuk flat top brush. Then, I take a damped Sonia Kashuk beauty blender sponge and blend. This application method gives me light to medium coverage. It dries to natual matte finish and I don't use any powder on top. It lasts all day for me as well. I wore this foundation every day for a week, and I am impressed. I will definately repurchase!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this foundation from Meijers (11.99 USD). However, I find it too shiny. I know peopel say it has some shimmer, like a glitter, sparkles.. but I did not see any of that, I just see shine. My face looked kind of oily (my skin type is dry to normal) and it was rubbing off easily when I touch my face. After 4 hours half of my foundation was gone and skin looked really weird - it was the same look when I wear Make Up Forever HD foundation - it kind of comes off...
Oh and that horrible smell!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by productmomma

Fell for the gimmick in search of a good drugstore foundation. The color was fine, not too orangey, not to pink, not too grey (as some neutrals can have that cast in my opinion) HOWEVER the coverage was sheer and alas, the sparkles......Unless you are in a windowless room with poor indoor lighting, they are quite obvious. I think I actually saw a woman wearing this foundation at the playground (or maybe it was the original photoready) becase she had finely milled glitter evidently in her foundation. I like the hygiene factor of the mousse dispenser but it was so hard to control how much product came out (usually way too much shot out) and left a messy drippy mess on the top of the bottle). Returned it-

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I really do like this foundation--the concept is different and not what I had expected. The coverage is full when applied with just your fingertips, but I like to use a damp sponge as it is much easier to blend and offers a medium coverage.

This works well on my oily t-zone, with no blotting until the 6 hour mark. However, when worn overtop the accompanying perfecting primer in the photoready line, this lasts ALL day with no need to blot at all. With that said, wearing the two can be a bit drying and I suggest you sufficiently moisturize your skin if you plan to use the primer. The finish is very soft and luminous, but by no means glittery or sparkly. The sheen/shimmer in it is quite fine and only noticeable under direct sunlight. For that reason alone, I would only wear this in indoor settings (office, retail etc) or for the evening.

Colour selection is limited; I only saw 8 in my display, with 6 co-ordinating concealers. The undertones were fairly neutral as they all seemed pretty beige.

This is way overpriced in Canada. I have seen it anywhere as low as $13.99 to as high as $18.99 which is a completely absurd for a drugstore foundation.

Overall, a good foundation if you want that glowing skin, without the grease factor, but bad if you are very fair, very dark or yellow undertones. I hope Revlon expands their colour selection to include more of their customers.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

My review for the Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam is nearly the same here, with a few minor changes. Fail on this one. It’s just too gimmicky and not functional. To start it’s cakey and there’s nothing more than medium coverage here. I also think that this has more glitter than the original PhotoReady. What's strange is that I have very dry skin and PhotoReady doesn't really make me look luminous or hydrated, just glittery and this is even moreso. I do appreciate the SPF. This reminds me or rubbing water on your face and then it dries to a powdery finish, like a powder foundation. I had to wash this off after the first time of applying it because of the cakey-ness. Word of wisdom here - don't try to go over any place twice or it will cake like nothing I've seen before.. I’ll try it again and update with anything that changes, but I highly doubt it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by hotdot2122

I would rate this a 4.5 if I could. I really really like this foundation! The texture is nice light mousse, I was shocked it wasn't a spray foundation! (due to the aerosol can) but I am glad it is not because the application with a mousse is much easier, faster and more fool proof! It comes out fast so a quick spray is the best approach. I apply it with a sponge like the display in store suggested. It goes on really smooth and provides medium coverage that lasts for several hours. I'd say 6-8 hours of great wear. It wears well meaning no major fading, oxidizing or blotchiness. It dries fast and looks fabulous! It definitely has a luminous finish, which close up reads as very fine sparkles/shimmer. This does not bother me that much because it is fairly in-detectable in real life, you have to be up in my grill to notice the sparkles. I love the luminosity and it really makes your skin glow. I wear the color shell and its a perfect match! This is my favorite foundation and it was only $9.99 at Ulta! The only thing I would change is take down the shimmer a notch, that is why it loses a half lippie. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by PuffyLuvzMusik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really loved the consistency of this product and it applied amazingly with a duo fibered stipple brush. It has amazing coverage. This would have been one of my favorite foundations but the only thing that made me return it is that it has so much glitter and sparkle to it. The original photoready had quite a bit of glitter too but for this foundation it's like glitter on steroids. it's sad i really wanted to like this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Ozzie1985

I bought this foundation at the end of December when it was first released. I picked up the shade 003 Nude but it was too dark so I went back to exchange it for 002 Shell and it is a good match. There are only 2 thing's that I don't like about this foundation is that the color range is terrible, if you are in-between any colors, it will be hard to find a shade that matches your skin since this foundation is a mousse consistency and it would be hard to mix. I hated the original PhotoReady, it made me look like a hot mess. But I really love this mousse foundation, it does not enhance any of my dry areas and has not broken me out. The coverage is definitely light to medium, but be careful where you try to build because if you do have a dry area on your face and you try to build that area up, it could get flakey. The 2nd thing I do not like is the price, Ulta is the cheapest I found it for 12.99, most other drug stores they have it priced for 13.99. When I went back to grab another one of these in Shell, they were all sold out of that shade, so I will check back in a few days. I really do love this foundation, and I did not notice nearly as much sparkles in this as I did with the original Photoready.
EDIT: After building up a decent tan, I decided to repurchase and I noticed that Shell is waayyy to pink. So if you are in between colors like I am with neutral to warm undertones, I don't think this will work. My color is Nude after I built up a tan and I have to say I prefer this to the liquid Revlon Photoready, however, there are a ton of other foundations out there that give you that airbrush look without shimmer, which I personally do not mind, it's not as overwhelming as the reg.Photoready. One thing I would suggest, do not apply with a sponge, a sponge soaks up the product and gives you a sheer coverage, apply with your fingers, it will make the foundation adapt to your body heat and apply more fluidly and look very nice or if you must apply with a foundation brush, it also gives you better coverage.