Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

2.5

Water, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Isobutane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Propane, Isostearic Acid, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Tromethamine, Cocamide MEA, Phospholipids, Lecithin, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Isostearyl Behenate, Steareth-2, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Stearic Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hexylene Glycol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminium borosilicate, Polysorbate 20, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 1/27/2012 6:50:00 AM

I bought this in Vanilla because that's what color I bought my original Photo Ready in. This is much lighter than the original. I had the idea to use this as a base or primer, and it looks incredible with my other foundation on top. Makes you look like a porcelain doll! I will repurchase this as a primer only. The coverage by itself is a VERY LIGHT coverage. It doesn't look like I have any makeup on when I wear it by itself.

on 1/26/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this product, I really did. I got suckered in during a Walgreen's trip. The concept seemed neat and the packaging looked nice. I paid $15 for this at Walgreen's, which IMHO is high for a drugstore product, but about half of what I'd typically pay for a department store/Sephora foundation. Anyway, the product dispenses out of a top pump and looks exactly like hair mousse - a light, airy mousse. I'm an NW15 in MAC and I bought this in vanilla. When I applied it to my face, I freaked because it looked so pale. It is medium coverage and I had a hard time blending it well. I applied it with my Sigma F80 and buffed it in pretty well, then topped with Clinique blended loose powder. For the record I have "good" skin with no major issues, and I keep it exfoliated and well-moisturized. I don't have flaky areas or huge pores or any of the normal things that cause foundation to stick to them and look bad. But yet somehow, this one found a way. Somehow this foundation managed to settle into my pores so I have beige pindots all over my entire face 7 hours into my day at the office. Maybe it would work better with another application method? Nope, tried that and no dice. Also, I prefer matte finish makeup and this definitely isn't it. I didn't notice much shimmer or glitter, but it is very "dewy" even after powdering. The one thing I did notice is that this stuff is waterproof and would stay on probably even during deep sea diving. I pumped it onto the back of my hand to stipple & buff onto my face, and I had to really scrub my hand to get the remainder off. So, staying power is pretty good. I hate to say it, but I have to agree that this foundation is a gimmick and overall poor quality. I won't repurchase - in fact, I returned the bottle to Walgreens!

I don't think I have ever purchased a product worse than this foundation! I did not find sparkles in the foundation, but it applied splotchy, was greasy after 3 hours (I usually don't get oily), and didn't cover anything. I first tried this with a LM skunk brush, but it applied blotchy and uneven. Then, I tried a sponge with less luck. It also slightly burned my skin upon application, and I have tough skin with no sensitivities. I am returning this to CVS due to the application, coverage, and how it made my skin oily.

on 1/25/2012 3:17:00 PM

Of course since its new I HAD to try it. I always buy drugstore makeup from CVS since they have a 100% guarantee return policy. Lets just say I will be taking this back as soon as I can. Horrible color range. It applied nice with my beautyblender but I dont care for the glitter at all. I will be sticking with my Colorstay foundation.

on 1/24/2012 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Update: It was cold weather when I first tried this. It's a little warmer weather and this slips and slides on my face! I spoke too soon.
Update: I have to take off a lippy for the heavy feeling later in the day. I really like this the first few 4 hours, but later in the day it feels heavy on my skin once my oils kick in. It doesnt control my oil the way ColorStay does.

I love this foundation. The microscopic size glitter does not bother me at all. In fact, I love it because I feel it is one of the reasons it makes the special airbrush glow. My skin is ultra oily and dewy foundations dont work for me. This has a dry texture once applied on, and as long as I blot three to four hours, it looks flawless. It's good medium coverage. And I love how it's so easy to spread and blends seamlessly into my skin. I like to apply my foundation with my fingers. I'm able to have more control with no splotches. This is fabulous for pictures and evening nights out. Also for overcast cold days. I'm interested to see how this will hold up in the Vegas Summer heat.

on 1/23/2012 12:42:00 PM

I was very excited to try this product because the concept seemed neat. I am extremely fair and purchased the vanilla shade. Overall, the shade matches very well. I applied it this morning around 5:30 AM on freshly scrubbed skin with a layer of moisturizer and a layer of the photoready primer. I finished it off with some Clinique powder foundation and some Physician's formula shimmer powder. Coverage at first was fine.

It is now 12:30 PM and I just felt my face and it felt gritty. I've been in my office all day, not sweating so I went to check and see what was up. What I came to find was that I am splotchy and look like I've been wearing makeup for significantly longer than I have been. I normally don't look this bad until about 9 PM at night, if that.

As soon as I can, I'm returning this to Walmart. This ain't going to cut it.

Also, I have to say that the foamy can is not a good idea. One tiny squirt and you've got far more makeup than you need so it gets washed down the sink.

on 1/23/2012 12:00:00 PM

I should have listened to the reviews on here! This really does have a ton of glitter in it. While I did like the consitency and thought it was a nice idea, the pump dispenses too much too quickly and makes a mess. I also had tiny sparkles all over my hands. I'm not a huge fan of a super matte look, so I really didn't think some shimmer would bother me, but this is just bizzare. Also, even with a brand new stippling brush, this was hard to blend in and really seemed to accentuate any dry or flaky patches. It's going back to Ulta today.

on 1/22/2012 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a sucker for new products. And a sucker I truly am when it comes to this product.
It's nearly impossible to control the amount of product when you hit the nozzle. Generally, I find I get enough for about 4 applications. Once applied, it's streaky, it doesn't spread nicely and gets caught up in dry skin....it offers little coverage yet somehow looks like a mask. It's very unnatural which is only applified by the fact you get no even coverage.
It's pricey-around $17 at Walmart in Canada and frankly, a terrible product.

on 1/20/2012 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried Revlon Photoready Liquid Foundation, not this. HOWEVER, I feel like I have to warn you girls. Revlon Photoready in general is HORRIBLE. I used to wear it all the time with Revlon Photoready powder. I honestly thought it was great. That is, until I went out into the sun. It was summer. My parents told me that I looked like a vampire from Twilight! I looked in the mirror and I saw that they were right. This is the same foundation in a spray can. Trust me on this.

PROS:
None.

CONS:
-It is way to glittery inside the bottle and on the skin. It made me feel like a disco ball.
-It highlights all dry skin.
-It looks unnatural.
-It is bad quality.
-Not very good coverage.
-The powder is way too powdery. As in, it looks like someone threw baby powder on your face.
-The liquifying matte is just HORRIBLE. The makeup pad you use to apply it spreads germs. The matte is just too bad for words. It looks so unnatural.

on 1/17/2012 6:42:00 AM

This makeup is for smooth perfect skin, no flaws like acne or wrinkles. After only a few hours it was cakey. The second time I tried it I used less thinking that would help. Still cakey and clumped up in the flawed areas of my skin.

My skin is fair so I chose the fair color. It has a yellow tone to it. It was not until I was out in the sun looking in my car mirror until I realized the GLITTER in this makeup. It was everywhere and I felt Iike I was supposed to be in costume for a kid's play or something.

Coverage was minimal on my blemishes so I had to use another product to even out my skin tone. I did break out but not sure if it was from this product or from pms.

I took a 2 day break from this makeup and my skin was much better with my old foundation.

There is no doubt the advertising got me on this one. The idea of airbrushed makeup in a cheap product had me buying it. Will not use any more.