Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

The color is so pretty, you can make it natural or smokey. It's smokey in the morning, but after school it's back to natural, which i'm totally okay with. It's creamy, and doesn't have too much shimmer. It has enough to define your eyes perfectly.

on 12/20/2012 4:57:00 AM

This product has an amazing lasting power! It stays on my eye all day even without a primer. The colour is very easy to wear too.
The only reason why I don't give it the fifth star is because it slightly broke me out. I can't use it everyday.

on 12/1/2012 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

'Bad to the Bronze' makes a perfect base for any brown smokey-eye or on it's own for a quick day-time look paired with eyeliner and mascara. It has metallic shimmer and dries with a slight sheen. I usually apply with my fingers, but be prepared to have makeup wipes handy because this does NOT come off easily! I love that it has great staying power, however I notice it will sometimes crease after a few hours of wear. It's best to wear a good primer underneath and only apply a thin layer to minimize creasing. I've had mine for almost two months, using it on a regular basis and it still hasn't dried out. I would recommend this as they're the best cream shadows from the drugstore.

First day wearing this and so far im pretty happy. Easy to apply and blend evenly and its outlasted my foundation by a few hours i'll see how it does by the time i wash my face tonight. I do wish it were more of a true bronze rather than a shimmery taupe/brown but it fits what i want it for. I was looking for something quick and neutral to apply when i only have a few minutes.

I was worried about the irritation other reviews mentioned since i have very reactive skin but i seem to be lucky on this one. I also love that it comes in glass. Makes a great lip balm pot when your done with it. I like it enough i would buy the two other colors i had my eye on if i can catch another sale.

ETA: Decided this toupey color makes me look too tired as a single color. Does fine for a crease shade on my pale skin but i was hopeing for something more metallic. Staying power is great using my foundation (covergirl auqa-smoothe creme) as base it outlasts any of the other makeup i put on but come off eaily in the shower. I would still buy other colors.

on 11/11/2012 9:53:00 PM

Beautiful formula cream eyeshadow. I think I like it better than the Benefit cream eyeshadows and at 25% of the price. Nice heavy glass packaging. This color is lovely can go on sheer with a light application as a light brown/bronze look and with slightly more product can be much more opaque. I like to do a sheer wash across my lid with my fingers then slightly more near my lash line and then fade up for a loveyl very light bronze/smokey eye with a little eyeliner added in (l'oreal colour intense felt tip liner in earthern rock brown) for some drama. Great for daily day/work wear and lasts all day on me with no primer underneath.

on 11/11/2012 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

when i go out at night i do a smokey eye with this alone. the texture and the color is so amazing that you do not need to layer powder eyeshadow on top. the texture is smooth and slippery, so easy to apply with fingers and no clutters whatsoever.

on 11/9/2012 12:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I totally echo carrasco's feelings below: it's a shimmery golden taupe that looks like I made an effort to put on make-up (while it took all of 5sec using my fingertip) and it's as if I have a different colour in the crease. It's a sultry day look, really lovely and i think it would suit most people. It's perfect and I'd definitely buy again. Incidentally, there's a huge amount in the pot, so it will last a long while, you only need a small amount each time.

on 11/9/2012 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm using this as a dupe for Benefit's cream eyeshadow in birthday suit and so far it is working splendidly. The color is a little darker than birthday suit, but it still works great as an eyeshadow base for a neutral smokey eye or on its own to give eyes a little bit extra pop! I haven't had any skin reactions and it comes off easily with makeup remover.

on 11/1/2012 3:51:00 PM

Something in this caused my eyes to be itchy and irritated. Will be returning to Shoppers. Even if it didn't, I still didn't think it was that great.

on 10/28/2012 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a big fan of this color, not a big fan of them testing on animals. I could not control myself, I had to buy this. I love it. To me it's not bronze at all, it's a shimmery golden taupe. I only use this on the lid and blacktrack fluidline and mascara. It looks great paired with the black. It stays put all day with no creasing. It's one of my new favorites, even though I purchased it back when they first came out. I use it several times per week, it's so easy when I'm in a hurry and still looks like I took the time for makeup. I always apply with my finger, going up into the crease, it always looks like I used a different shadow but it's just this. I would buy this again!

Video Reviews & Tutorials