October 20, 2014 | 1987 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by soeagle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice color, but does not stay put. By 3 hours of wear, it's all up in the crease. Did not use a primer. But then with BB cream eyeshadows, I don't need to. They stay put all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sc99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beware if you are sensitive to products ...

I wanted to like this so much but had a skin reaction instead :( I had heard how much like MAC paint pots the Maybelline Color Tattoo's are and decided to save some $ and try this out instead of repurchasing a MAC PP. Bad to the Bronze is a very pretty color and looks great on my NW20 skin. It was dryer than a PP and was lifting along the edges of the jar. I applied it using my fingers around 730 am by 830 I had severe itching around my eye area and by 1230 I had formed a stye on one eyelid. Am going to try and return ...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this. Never been a big Maybelline girl but this is a great little treasure. So beautiful for everyday looks or something special. I have hooded eyes and I just apply and blend out with a matte brown like MAC wedge and blend out some dark brown or black to the outer corners of my eyes. So simple but beautiful.
Also looks good with Suspect, from UD Naked2 palette on top. Here in Aus they are about $10 and I think thats great I want to stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by tangerine6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Color Tattoo Eyeshadow applies like a cream but eventually dries down and then becomes almost like any other powder shadow. It. Does. Not. Budge. once applied, thus making blending rather pointless hence, the Tattoo part of its name I suppose. Nevertheless, that only means that this shadow stays for a long time and while I can’t really attest to the “24-hour” claim, I can say that I’ve had this shadow on for 20 hours and it stayed… well… like a tattoo on my eyelids without any creasing whatsoever. And with a primer layered under it, it's just the perfect, no-budge, low maintenance eyeshadow.

It’s amazing. It’s so pigmented and very easy to apply. I just use my ring finger to dab it on my lids and voila! I'm set for the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by starlightsparkl

I picked this up at Rite Aid for around $7 but they were buy one get one 50% off. I was slightly skeptical because i've never tried a cream eyeshadow that ever lasted. After hearing all the reviews i finally caved and bought it!
It is my new favorite eyeshadow. it is the ONLY eyeshadow i use in the summer and the color is gorgeous! If you watch xeverygirlx's video for everyday summer makeup it looks like she spent a TON of time on her eyeshadows and blended everything in when in reality it was one color.
My favorite thing about this is the lasting power and the color! I go to the gym and even after 3 1/2 hours it is still on my eyes! (Yes, i go to the gym/work out for quite a while) I wiped my eyelids off after running 3-4 miles because i forgot i had put this on. I looked in the mirror, and it did not even budge.
As for the color it is absolutely perfect. You can build it from a light shimmery brown to a deep golden/brown smokey eye. It is easily blended before it sets and with a little bit of black mascara that is all you need on your eyes! It even looks good on your lower lash line.
I recommend this to EVERYONE whether looking for an everyday eyeshadow, base, or only for special occasions. You will fall in love!
Looking forward to trying more color tattoos and I'm searching desperately for the limited edition ones!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by kittykat1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product.. My favorite way to use it is to apply with the larger Essence of beauty concealer brush from the duo of this brand found at CVS. I apply all over just the lid and I will top it with L'Oreal Wear Infinite' Studio Secrets eyeshadow single in "Brush Suede". I will also line the lower lash line from inner corner to outer corner with a slightly larger line than normal with a liner brush. Add a matte brown midtone brown in the crease and a cream color highlight and mascara and it's a really pretty anytime look! The metallic effect this has really adds light to the eyes. Lasts all day.. I will definitely re-purchase over and over and I HOPE they don't discontinue!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by distinewatso123

I love this product & have been using it every single day lately! I have incredibly oily lids & always use a primer underneath it to ensure that it will last all day long. I have worn it alone on days when I am in a hurry but I usually prefer to top it with other shadows. My everyday eye shadow lately has been bad to bronze all over the lid and slightly in the crease, a medium matte brown shadow throughout the crease, and a brown of some sort on top of the lid (my favorite lately has been Suspect from my UD Naked 2 palette). I would recommend using your fingers to apply this shadow as it picks up more product than a brush will & makes for easier blending thanks to your body heat. If you don't already own this you need to go buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by curlyhairchick369

this product is the best. its pigmented, stays on long, and its all i need when i wanna wear eyeshadow. its especially perfect for summer, cuz i just rub on my lids and go. the color is beautiful, too. if i ever ran out, which i probably wont, i will repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by teaghanlc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this line of creme eyeshadows! I think they're absolutely perfect for an easy look or as a base under powder eyeshadows.

Personally, I tend to use them on their own. I find that using them as a base does no justice on the product at all!
They're easy to apply and easy to build and look stunning on their own. I find the easier way to use them is to swipe the product over the whole eye area, building the colour on the outer corner then just using a blending brush above the crease to take out any harsh lines.

Bad to the Bronze is a perfect day or nighttime colour depending how dark/light you want your look to be.
Overall, a stunning product, at only $10, i'm finding it hard to pick any faults at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by kajy14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm totally on the bandwagon for the maybelline color tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. It has been my go to all over lid color if I'm trying to run out the door quickly. I just swipe it on with finger and sometimes also put the color tattoo in "too cool" in my inner corner. The color tattoos also work great as a base and do not budge until removed with makeup remover. Wish they'd make even more neutral colors (not that the existing selection is bad) because I'm sure I'd snatch those up too.