L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Disodium EDTA, Rayon, Ethylparaben, Nylon-6, Polyvinyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Silica, Synthetic Wax. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide. (Taken from packaging 05/2011)

on 11/14/2011 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this mascara on a whim in Walgreens the other day at the suggestion of the salesgirl there and it is AWESOME!! I am So impressed w the way it made my lashes Pop! I have length and so much volume i feel like a movie star LOL! I will definitely buy again and i am going to pick up one for my mom today!

on 11/13/2011 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

meh. the brush is identical to maybelines lash stiletto- remember that? the formula itself is deep black, thick, and somewhat gloppy- also reminiscent of the lash stiletto. so much mascara is on the wand that you can barely see the bristles- this needs combing to be at it's best, which i do not have time for. it does give volume, but no lengthening. it washes off cleanly and easily with a micro-fiber cloth and water- no cleanser needed. it wore well with no flakes or smudges.
the package is so unnecessarily long, shiny and ugly- it screams cheap and tacky. but still, i bought it in hopes there had been some breakthrough in mascara fiber technology. there hasn't been. there are many less expensive better performing mascaras on the shelf- some of them are even l'oreals.

on 11/13/2011 8:34:00 PM

I first bought this in the waterproof version because I've found that buying waterproof versions usually means minimal smudging. Neither versions of this mascara smudge for me, but the waterpoof formula is too dry for daily use, though I think that when I'm swimming in the summer it will be perfect (very hard to take off, no running). So after experimenting with the waterproof version and liking the results but not how dry and thick and hard to get off it was, I bought the regular version in blackest black. I really like it, I think it gives really good volume and decent length. I hate the wand, it's freakin humongous and, as I find is the case for many mascaras, the formula clumps horribly around it and you would have to wipe a large amount of product onto a paper towel each time you pull it out of the tube get it to a useable state, thus wasting a lot of mascara just cleaning the wand. I usually have lots of disposable mascara wands around for just this purpose. I find I get a better look using a new wand every couple days (buy them in bulk on ebay, 200 for 15$). Using this method with this mascara works very well, no clumps, just very clean, long, thick, and separated lashes. I still really like avon's waterproof washable mascara, which is my other go-to mascara right now, though it's not as dramatic as this one. But I will definitely be purchasing this one again, it works great, very impressive.

on 11/13/2011 7:02:00 PM

This mascara clumps like crazy. Gives me that harsh look of having spider lashes. Really not a pretty look. Also a heavy formula that makes my lashes droopy after a couple of hours. Not buying this again

on 11/12/2011 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this masscara after I read reviews here. I personally hate the masscara. The wand is skinny and flimsy. It did nothing to my eye lashes. Honestly my lashes almost look smaller after I use it if that's possible. Either way I won't ever buy this masscara again and it was a huge waste of 13 bucks!!

on 11/10/2011 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mascara because a girl in the cosmetic department at Sears said she loved it. I took it home and gave it a try. I AM IN LOVE! False fiber is wayyyy better than maybelines falsies!
It doesnt flake and it stays on all day with out giving me racoon eyes. It has little bits of nylon which looks like little hairs. this really give it the false lash effect. I will repurchase this mascara beacuse my lashes wouldnt look this fab without it :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I bought this one day because my previous L'Oreal mascara was running out, and I completely love it. Before using this I would apply two different mascaras to get the maxium volume and length I wanted. Once I tried this I no longer need to do that! It makes my lashes look amazing, and I even went out and bought another for my purse so I'd have a backup. I'm definitely going to be repurchasing this product over and over.

on 11/8/2011 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a bizarre little mascara. The formula is a dry texture.

The good:
Well it actually really does make me look like I have more lashes! Seriously I'm seeing lashes that I didn't know I had (after only 1 coat). And they are super soft, not crispy. Separates well. Bit of length (i can almost touch my eyebrows), and VERY build-able volume. So far I haven't had any raccoon eye problems.

The bad:
YOU ABSOLUTELY need a second mascara wand to comb through after a few coats! It combs out easily but, if you don't, you'll get serious clumps!

I'm more a length person than a volume person, so I probably would try a different mascara next time, BUT this one works very well (after you comb through it). My favorite mascara is still DejaVu Fiberwig and I was hoping that this L'Oreal "fiber" mascara would be a substitute, but they each accomplish two different effects.

I would highly recommend this mascara if you have "sparse" lashes. I was REALLY impressed with this mascara in that aspect.

edit: brush got clumpy after it dried out a little and it leaves balls of mascara on the ends of my lashes :/

This is L'Oreal's version of Maybelline's The Falsies mascara and quite frankly, I like the L'Oreal version better. I saw this on a whim at Walgreens one day and decided to try it. I'm such a mascara junkie and although I have favorites, I'm always on the hunt to find more. I'm so glad I tried it! It thickens and lengthens and holds curl nicely. The blackest black is a deep, true black. It doesn't flake and clumping for me is very minimal - if it happens, I just brush my lashes out afterwards. I get so many compliments when I wear this mascara!

on 11/5/2011 6:05:00 PM

I bought this in hopes to replace my favortie mascara, MAC fiber lash. since I can't find it on the website anymore, im guessing its discontinued. Anyway, I had read some reviews on here saying it clumps and flakes and even saw some videos on youtube where it would clump and got kinda sad after I had purchased it thinking I had just wasted my money. Well when I actually got to try it on my own, I LOVED it. This for sure beats cover girls lash blast for me. I only have to apply two coats and I have instantly full, volumized lashes with NO flaking or clumping. I also love the consistency of this because its not so wet like all the other mascaras but its also not completely dry like some poeple have stated. I'm giving this a 4 because I don't seem to notice the "fibers" that are supposed to make your lashes longer. And it doesn't give me the full false lash effect my MAC fiber lash would although, its pretty close. For now this is by far the closest and best alternative there is and I'm pretty happy about it. :)