December 19, 2014 | 1551 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

meh. the brush is identical to maybelines lash stiletto- remember that? the formula itself is deep black, thick, and somewhat gloppy- also reminiscent of the lash stiletto. so much mascara is on the wand that you can barely see the bristles- this needs combing to be at it's best, which i do not have time for. it does give volume, but no lengthening. it washes off cleanly and easily with a micro-fiber cloth and water- no cleanser needed. it wore well with no flakes or smudges.
the package is so unnecessarily long, shiny and ugly- it screams cheap and tacky. but still, i bought it in hopes there had been some breakthrough in mascara fiber technology. there hasn't been. there are many less expensive better performing mascaras on the shelf- some of them are even l'oreals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I first bought this in the waterproof version because I've found that buying waterproof versions usually means minimal smudging. Neither versions of this mascara smudge for me, but the waterpoof formula is too dry for daily use, though I think that when I'm swimming in the summer it will be perfect (very hard to take off, no running). So after experimenting with the waterproof version and liking the results but not how dry and thick and hard to get off it was, I bought the regular version in blackest black. I really like it, I think it gives really good volume and decent length. I hate the wand, it's freakin humongous and, as I find is the case for many mascaras, the formula clumps horribly around it and you would have to wipe a large amount of product onto a paper towel each time you pull it out of the tube get it to a useable state, thus wasting a lot of mascara just cleaning the wand. I usually have lots of disposable mascara wands around for just this purpose. I find I get a better look using a new wand every couple days (buy them in bulk on ebay, 200 for 15$). Using this method with this mascara works very well, no clumps, just very clean, long, thick, and separated lashes. I still really like avon's waterproof washable mascara, which is my other go-to mascara right now, though it's not as dramatic as this one. But I will definitely be purchasing this one again, it works great, very impressive.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by danimaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara clumps like crazy. Gives me that harsh look of having spider lashes. Really not a pretty look. Also a heavy formula that makes my lashes droopy after a couple of hours. Not buying this again

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by nancem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this masscara after I read reviews here. I personally hate the masscara. The wand is skinny and flimsy. It did nothing to my eye lashes. Honestly my lashes almost look smaller after I use it if that's possible. Either way I won't ever buy this masscara again and it was a huge waste of 13 bucks!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Coco53

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara because a girl in the cosmetic department at Sears said she loved it. I took it home and gave it a try. I AM IN LOVE! False fiber is wayyyy better than maybelines falsies!
It doesnt flake and it stays on all day with out giving me racoon eyes. It has little bits of nylon which looks like little hairs. this really give it the false lash effect. I will repurchase this mascara beacuse my lashes wouldnt look this fab without it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by z0mbiegorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this one day because my previous L'Oreal mascara was running out, and I completely love it. Before using this I would apply two different mascaras to get the maxium volume and length I wanted. Once I tried this I no longer need to do that! It makes my lashes look amazing, and I even went out and bought another for my purse so I'd have a backup. I'm definitely going to be repurchasing this product over and over.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by astrogirl7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a bizarre little mascara. The formula is a dry texture.

The good:
Well it actually really does make me look like I have more lashes! Seriously I'm seeing lashes that I didn't know I had (after only 1 coat). And they are super soft, not crispy. Separates well. Bit of length (i can almost touch my eyebrows), and VERY build-able volume. So far I haven't had any raccoon eye problems.

The bad:
YOU ABSOLUTELY need a second mascara wand to comb through after a few coats! It combs out easily but, if you don't, you'll get serious clumps!

I'm more a length person than a volume person, so I probably would try a different mascara next time, BUT this one works very well (after you comb through it). My favorite mascara is still DejaVu Fiberwig and I was hoping that this L'Oreal "fiber" mascara would be a substitute, but they each accomplish two different effects.

I would highly recommend this mascara if you have "sparse" lashes. I was REALLY impressed with this mascara in that aspect.

edit: brush got clumpy after it dried out a little and it leaves balls of mascara on the ends of my lashes :/

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen126

This is L'Oreal's version of Maybelline's The Falsies mascara and quite frankly, I like the L'Oreal version better. I saw this on a whim at Walgreens one day and decided to try it. I'm such a mascara junkie and although I have favorites, I'm always on the hunt to find more. I'm so glad I tried it! It thickens and lengthens and holds curl nicely. The blackest black is a deep, true black. It doesn't flake and clumping for me is very minimal - if it happens, I just brush my lashes out afterwards. I get so many compliments when I wear this mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by hkmv89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this in hopes to replace my favortie mascara, MAC fiber lash. since I can't find it on the website anymore, im guessing its discontinued. Anyway, I had read some reviews on here saying it clumps and flakes and even saw some videos on youtube where it would clump and got kinda sad after I had purchased it thinking I had just wasted my money. Well when I actually got to try it on my own, I LOVED it. This for sure beats cover girls lash blast for me. I only have to apply two coats and I have instantly full, volumized lashes with NO flaking or clumping. I also love the consistency of this because its not so wet like all the other mascaras but its also not completely dry like some poeple have stated. I'm giving this a 4 because I don't seem to notice the "fibers" that are supposed to make your lashes longer. And it doesn't give me the full false lash effect my MAC fiber lash would although, its pretty close. For now this is by far the closest and best alternative there is and I'm pretty happy about it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by AAkalei

I had purchased this mascara about 2 weeks ago because I've recently had this obsession with thick, long eye lashes. Of course, all the amazing products are the super expensive ones sold at Sephora, etc. But I'm the drug store type till I have my own stable job and NOT running on left over school loan money hahaha! I purchased this mascara for 9.97 (praying this had better been worth my money).

Anyways, I absolutely LOVE the packaging. It's this gold, abstract design that's almost the length of my hand. That's pretty big compared to all the previous mascaras I've owned. But I'm always lugging around a backpack or big purse. The wand is a great long length as well. However, the brush itself is a bit misleading. I was expecting a neat, rubber brush. But there's just so much product, it kind of looks like bristles. I'm already scared I wasted my money at this point...

But as soon as I try it, it doesn't act like a bristle brush at all! The brush combs my eyelashes as if there's no clump in the way (I can kind of hear it too when I apply it). I've read reviews saying women dislike the fact that it's too dry. I personally didn't experience that. The consistency is just right for me. My previous mascara was the Revlon Grow Luscious one and I had to wait a good 10 minutes till it dried completely.

This mascara definitely separates my lashes. Voluminous lashes? A fair amount I'd say. After two coats I'm pleased with the look. Not super thick as if I'm wearing falsies, but that's a good thing if I'm using this for school. And in pictures I notice the volume, so I'm content :)

As for flaking: BARELY. Literally barely any flaking. My lashes look the same from 6 in the morning when I apply to even 8:30PM after school AND a full 2 hour workout. With the Grow Luscious mascara, I would expect my boyfriend to tell me I have "raccoon eyes" every time I see him. With this mascara, never heard those words again! :)

Basically, I'd buy this mascara again for sure. There are probably better (more expensive) mascaras out there that do the job better..but I say give this a try!!!