April 17, 2014 | 1696 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen126

This is L'Oreal's version of Maybelline's The Falsies mascara and quite frankly, I like the L'Oreal version better. I saw this on a whim at Walgreens one day and decided to try it. I'm such a mascara junkie and although I have favorites, I'm always on the hunt to find more. I'm so glad I tried it! It thickens and lengthens and holds curl nicely. The blackest black is a deep, true black. It doesn't flake and clumping for me is very minimal - if it happens, I just brush my lashes out afterwards. I get so many compliments when I wear this mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by hkmv89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this in hopes to replace my favortie mascara, MAC fiber lash. since I can't find it on the website anymore, im guessing its discontinued. Anyway, I had read some reviews on here saying it clumps and flakes and even saw some videos on youtube where it would clump and got kinda sad after I had purchased it thinking I had just wasted my money. Well when I actually got to try it on my own, I LOVED it. This for sure beats cover girls lash blast for me. I only have to apply two coats and I have instantly full, volumized lashes with NO flaking or clumping. I also love the consistency of this because its not so wet like all the other mascaras but its also not completely dry like some poeple have stated. I'm giving this a 4 because I don't seem to notice the "fibers" that are supposed to make your lashes longer. And it doesn't give me the full false lash effect my MAC fiber lash would although, its pretty close. For now this is by far the closest and best alternative there is and I'm pretty happy about it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by AAkalei

I had purchased this mascara about 2 weeks ago because I've recently had this obsession with thick, long eye lashes. Of course, all the amazing products are the super expensive ones sold at Sephora, etc. But I'm the drug store type till I have my own stable job and NOT running on left over school loan money hahaha! I purchased this mascara for 9.97 (praying this had better been worth my money).

Anyways, I absolutely LOVE the packaging. It's this gold, abstract design that's almost the length of my hand. That's pretty big compared to all the previous mascaras I've owned. But I'm always lugging around a backpack or big purse. The wand is a great long length as well. However, the brush itself is a bit misleading. I was expecting a neat, rubber brush. But there's just so much product, it kind of looks like bristles. I'm already scared I wasted my money at this point...

But as soon as I try it, it doesn't act like a bristle brush at all! The brush combs my eyelashes as if there's no clump in the way (I can kind of hear it too when I apply it). I've read reviews saying women dislike the fact that it's too dry. I personally didn't experience that. The consistency is just right for me. My previous mascara was the Revlon Grow Luscious one and I had to wait a good 10 minutes till it dried completely.

This mascara definitely separates my lashes. Voluminous lashes? A fair amount I'd say. After two coats I'm pleased with the look. Not super thick as if I'm wearing falsies, but that's a good thing if I'm using this for school. And in pictures I notice the volume, so I'm content :)

As for flaking: BARELY. Literally barely any flaking. My lashes look the same from 6 in the morning when I apply to even 8:30PM after school AND a full 2 hour workout. With the Grow Luscious mascara, I would expect my boyfriend to tell me I have "raccoon eyes" every time I see him. With this mascara, never heard those words again! :)

Basically, I'd buy this mascara again for sure. There are probably better (more expensive) mascaras out there that do the job better..but I say give this a try!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I won a full sized sample of this from L'oreal but, being the impatient makeup addict that I am, I went out and purchased a tube anyway. I'm glad I did. This mascara is really quite fantastic. I've got a lot of lashes but they're on the short side and they are straight. This mascara gives me a good bit of length and volume. It also gives me curl which is so important. It separates beautifully as long as you take your time with it. The formula is not extremely dry, but I like it, I prefer a more dry formula to a wet one. It dries fast which is also good (I'm impatient, remember?) and doesn't leave my lashes stiff or brittle feeling and with no flaking our smudging. I really like mascaras that only take one coat to give results and this is one of them. I got it in Black and it's actually quite dark. The packaging is a bit ridiculous, the huge shiny gold oddly shaped tube is a little much. I LOVE the brush though, the size of it is great, the fact that it's tapered and angled... great design there. I'm really loving it and continue to love it more and more every time I use it. After a few Weeks use, I feel comfortable now in calling this my new HG mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by auraborialis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best drugstore mascaras I have ever tried. I got great length and volume out of this. I did 3 good coats and I got seriously awesome "going out" lashes and I didn't have to use a curler or any primer. I do understand how people think this can be clumpy though, you have to do that zig zag pattern through your lashes to make sure you're distributing the mascara evenly over all of your lashes. But if you do this then you'll get awesome results. This also isn't a very "wet" formula, it's more of a thicker paste in the tube so it helps to stir, but not pump as that adds air and thus bacteria. The only downside is that it does look a little gray instead of blackest black which was the color on the tube. I'm ok with that though, this is a perfect "day" makeup because it doesn't take much to quickly amp up your lashes with this and you don't want to look like a street walker with falsies in an office. It looks great with a dark brown eye shadow liner or with a plain matte eye shadow.

So far I haven't had any issues with flaking or smudging, but then again I've only had this for a day. Still, I am a big user of L'oreal's mascaras and none of their other formulas have been smudgy or flaky on me.

I gave this a 4 our of 5 because it's pretty darn good stuff for the price, but it isn't my holy grail. It's definitely worth buying if you're stuck in a situation where you need an emergency mascara though!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this! it's an EXACT dupe for YSL Falsie. Trust me I have four tubes of both of these and i can't believe I used to spend $30 for the YSL one I can't even describe how close they are in performance but this is $22 cheaper! So if ur a YSL girl than you will LOVE this!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHope17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Terrible! I had high hopes for this, and was very disappointed. Came out clumpy and thick as tar, did not add any length to my lashes and flaked/ran and left me looking like a racoon by the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by taylorwest

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my initial review--I've only worn it for one day, so I can't give a definite opinion about flaking or smudging yet, but so far so good. Others have mentioned the result as feathery, and that's actually a good description. I have medium-long but rather sparse lashes, and this mascara, after just one coat, made them appear significantly longer and feathery, much more noticeable but still not so dramatic that I couldn't wear it for day. Any volume added looks feathery, not thick, so I can't say my lashes look significantly thicker, but definitely longer. If I see no flaking or smudging this week, I would up the review to a 5.

Update: after using this for a while now, I've not experienced much flaking or smudging. I'm still leaving the rating at a 4, though, because I find this mascara irritates my eyes more than most. I now wear it as a special occasion mascara. But it still has great results and long wear. If your eyes aren't sensitive to it like mine, it's pretty much perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by LJ0702

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

With all of the mixed reviews i decided that i had to try it for myself. It is a weird formula but it really works for me! I find that it works best if not put over a primer or used with another mascara. I put one swipe on while closing my eye then focus on the tips of my lashes quickly and then open my eye and go from base to tips once more. That's it. It gives me great lashes and i don't really think i would want to try to add more coats because i like how it looks like this and i worry if i add too much it might clump. I would say this gives me dramatic fluttery lashes. I keep my lash comb handy just in case.
I was previously using a clear mascara, then a lengthening mascara and then a volumizing mascara. I think one coat of this gives better results and doesn't feel as heavy.I got the black and it looks like dark gray and clumpy formula on the brush but that went away once i applied it and it looks black and pretty. Didn't have any flaking or smudging. It was very easy to remove as well! For the price, how easy it has made my morning to not have to use three mascaras and the dramatic pretty lashes i am very happy with this product for now.
Update: After using this for a little while i started having a really bad reaction to this formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am going to be in the minority for this review. I have thick long lashes that have a natural curl. I purchased this because I was intrigued by the fiber mascara and the appearance of false lashes. Even though my natural lashes are lush, I love playing them up and making them look super dramatic. The formula is rather dry, I think this is the driest mascara I have ever used. It's not a bad thing though especially because you want those fibers to adhere to your lashes once you swipe this on.

That's the one caveat of this product -- because it's so dry, you have to work quickly, ONE eye at a time and do NOT wiggle your brush at the base. The brush's design will clump at the base and will not allow you drag the brush through your lashes in a clean sweep. This mascara is meant to be used the traditional way by combing through with the wand. I was able to build up four-five coats (with slight clumping). The clumping though, once it's dried, doesn't look bad nor does it give me spider lashes if that makes sense. My lashes do not stick together and are defined. But you will NOT be able to get a brush through your lashes. It would defeat the purpose and you would end up brushing off the fibers. My bottom lashes only needed two coats. My lashes looked great and it definitely gave me more volume (from the clumping drying and making my base look lusher and more full) and made my lashes look longer. I was able to remove this easily with my normal face cleanser. The brush is kind of odd. It's almost cone shaped that tapers at the tip & picks up a lot of product. Never really used or seen a brush like this. But that's not a bad thing. Every once in a while, when I notice the performance is lagging, I wash my brushes to get rid of build up on the brushes and clean around the rim with a cotton bud to remove excess dry mascara. This mascara does take a little more work, but hey, I'm okay with that as long as it makes my lashes look this good. I can see why people dislike this mascara, so purchase from a reputable retailer with a good return policy. I did not notice any flaking and it wore well through the day. Despite the dry formula, my lashes were flexible and not brittle. A definite repurchase for me. It's up there with my favorite mascaras.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No