Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes

3.2

Aqua, paraffin, copernicia cerifera cera/carnauba wax, steareth-20, beeswax, acacia senegal gum, alcohol denat, stearteh-2, cetyl alcohol, potassium cetyl phosphate, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, tdi/trimellitic anhydride copolymer, sodium polymethacrylate, silica, 2-oleamido-1/3-octadecanediol, phenethyl alocohol, nylon 12, disodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylol glycol, pantehnol, pentylene glycol, polyquaternium-10, sodium dehydroacetate. May contain: CI 77007/ultramarines, CI77491/ CI77499 Iron oxides, mica, d46956/2

on 10/10/2011 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

The hunt continues....this wasn't the worst mascara, but it isn't the greatest (or worth the price). It lengthened, slightly thickened and made my lashes darker, but there wasn't enough of a "wow" factor to justify the price. I'll use up the tube but won't be buying another (or recommending)

on 10/8/2011 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I WANTED TO LOVE THIS MASCARA SO MUCH!

I mean it has "doll" in the name. I was so excited to try this mascara out! But the first time I did wear it, my lashes didn't look as nice as I thought they would. The formula is a bit wet and great for lengthening and separating lashes, but there is a lack of volume. For what it's worth, it's definitely not worth the money! There are many other drugstore mascaras that are better than this! [NYX Dolly Mascara, L'Oreal Voluminous, CG Lashblast...]

on 10/5/2011 11:46:00 AM

What a disappointment, and a waste of money! At first this was an okay mascara, just okay. Didn't do much to lengthen my lashes, but made them look thicker.
After a few weeks it REALLY made them look thicker! Because they were all gloppy and clumped together! And when I tried to get rid of the clumps and glops, I would smudge my other makeup.
I finally threw it out. I don't like to return makeup, but I would have returned this is I still had the receipt.
Thanks a lot, Lancome counter lady, for recommending this to me!
Back to Chanel for mascara.

on 10/2/2011 4:50:00 PM

If you like the original Hypnose mascara I think you will like this one. It adds color, volume and some length to your lashes. I like the brush and the packaging is cute and feels classy. However, there is one thing about this mascara which I absolutely don't like at it and that is the scent. Why add fragrance to a mascara?! I don't get it. I much Hypnose over Hypnose Doll Lashes. And since mascara is not something I enjoy spending money at I will only buy Hyponse when I feel like splurging and will continue to buy the budget-friendly alternative MF 2000 calories. I would give this product an overal rating of 5 if it weren't for the scent which I feel is quite strong... continued >>

on 10/2/2011 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I think this would be a nice mascara for a young teenager just starting out using makeup. I do like the brush because it does make it easy to get at those side lashes, also nice for that teenager not used to mascara. In fact, I could have used this in catholic school and gotten away with it. This mascara does nothing more than give your lashes a coat of color. If that is what you are going for, go for it. I like a lot more wow for my buck, and given the price this doesn't wow me at all.

on 9/28/2011 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

When I saw the ad for this mascara I thought I really have to have it. It promises doll lashes, which means, long, voluminous, lifted, parted, perfect lashes. So I went to Sephora's Lancome aisle to get the doll lash mascara.There was a very nice sales associate who told me that I can try it on. I said no thanks, it'll be fine. He also said I can return it if I don't like it. - He must have known something. -
So I bought it and tried it on. It was nothing like in the advertisement. My lashes were NOT voluminous, NOT lifted, NOT parted. After using this mascara for four days I noticed it started to flake. All I got was heavy feeling fly legs lashes with crumbles underneath my eyes.
All of this for $26!!!
I tried applying it in so many different ways without any good results.
I returned it at Sephora, and another nice sales associate gave me 3 sample mascaras to try on.
At least one good experience out of it.
So much about this mascara. Don't spend your money on this one, because it is definitely not what it says.

on 9/27/2011 3:43:00 PM

Omg the smell!!! It reeks, I've never hated a mascara because it smelled before. It would constantly run into my eyes. This mascara was awful. It looked great for about 20 mins and that was about it. There are cheaper alternatives that do a great job.

on 9/24/2011 9:52:00 PM

This is an okay mascara for ME. Everyone has different lashes and in my opinion this mascara is for someone who likes more of a natural, seperated, curled look. My favourite mascara by Lancome is Hypnose Drama. I have super long thick lashes and I love what Hypnose Drama does to them.

Lancome's Doll Lash has a very unqiue cone-shaped brush which makes getting even the smallest lashes a breeze. The formula does curl your lashes but I suggest you curl them first.

Overall I would suggest this to a customer who has shorter lashes that wants a nice long curl look.

Love this mascara...love the brush. No clumping or bleeding....best Lancome mascara since they discontinued my favorite "Immencils" years ago!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this just because of the name. I thought it would look really pretty and I also liked the packaging. The mascara is not bad but I have used better. It separates nicely and doesn't clump, at least not for me. The cone shape brush is nice and makes it easy to not smear your undereyes when putting it on your lower lashes. It is a nice mascara for everyday, but if you prefer more dramatic lashes this is not for you. No matter how much I layered it, it didn't seem to give any more drama.