July 29, 2014 | 1959 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this just because of the name. I thought it would look really pretty and I also liked the packaging. The mascara is not bad but I have used better. It separates nicely and doesn't clump, at least not for me. The cone shape brush is nice and makes it easy to not smear your undereyes when putting it on your lower lashes. It is a nice mascara for everyday, but if you prefer more dramatic lashes this is not for you. No matter how much I layered it, it didn't seem to give any more drama.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by rainiej

I have typical asian lashes and I think this is a HG for me.
It grabs on lashes beautifully and it keeps the curls on perfectly! I love it! Granted my lashes can't get dramatic even with a God sent mascara but I think they reach their potentials with this mascara. HOWEVER I think there are equal drug store alternatives which is why I am only giving it 3 lippies.

However when you buy it take into consideration that mascaras work differently on everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by qubanmaggot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the wand, but I hate the fact that I get half the amount of product compared to other brands. On top of that, it doesn't do much to your lashes.
Edit: So, after having this for awhile, it's not so bad once you wipe the brush to get the extra mascara off and layered over different mascaras. I like Lo-real's Lash Blast waterproof formula for doll-like lashes or Telescopic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by kristihern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The smell of this mascara is pure grandma's toilet cleaner! It knocks you over when you pull out the wand. I had no trouble creating a very pretty look (after curling my lashes with my Shu Uemura curler).

Hours later, my lashes were drooping (very odd), and half of the mascara seemed to have vanished, and the "doll effect" was gone. Like other reviews mentioned, there were really unattractive flakes and specks all over my eye area by the evening. I had to resort to a heavy-duty eye makeup remover to get this stuff off even though it looked like it was already half gone.

This isn't worth a premium price, and I'll be returning it to Sephora. My usual recipe of 1 coat Clinique Defining and 1 coat Covergirl LashBlast Fusion works just fine - holds the curl, available in brown, smudgeproof, waterproof.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by ClaireBear25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not impressed. The cone shapes brush takes practices to get right or else it gets messy and once you do get it right the results are nice, but not stunning. Definitely gave me a wide eyed awake look but I would not consider it worthy of the title "Doll Lashes". The tube dried out fast, had a pungent smell and the mascara flakes easily. I got better results from Maybelline Falsies mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by lurveit914

The mascara does exactly what it says - gives you dolls eyelashes. It will give you longer, separated lashes. The formula does slightly pull down your lashes too which is annoying.

OVERALL - I've got to be honest and say it's truly nothing great and I'm in the many that want it all - long, thick lashes. If I have to settle for only one... having medium length lashes and a quality Shu Uemura eyelash curler - I'll go with volume. Would I buy it again - no, I wouldn't.

EDIT - Ew. I've just checked my face before I wash my makeup off. I've today only had on my normal face makeup and this mascarra.. no eyeliner or eyeshadow. A very clean/fresh Spring face (being in Australia) and the mascarra has run making me have those panda eyes! I normally use Covergirl Lashblast or Revlon Grow Luscious (not waterproof) and have had neither of them do this on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Maddy60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can understand the negative reviews by users who expected the Hypnose formula. Lancome really should've marketed this under the Extencils line because it is handdown THE BEST lengthing mascara they've created!. I think it's great for those who use mascara to create longer lashes. For those who expect thickness as well as length, well I think you'll be disappointed. But I've always been an Extencils user and this is a wonderful mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Royallieu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I quite like this mascara. You cannot compare it to something like Hypnose Drama because it is meant to give you a different result... I imagine "doll lashes" are long, separated, and fluttery, not chunky and voluminous. This mascara does just what I thought it would do, gives my lashes fantastic length and separation. It certainly has a drier formula, something I am sure quite a few girls will appreciate, and some, not so much. After two coats of this I think my lashes look quite amazing, though I think it is best to apply a second coat immediately after the first because this mascara dries so quickly. That is just my personal preference, and I would probably buy this mascara again, but before you do, try to think about what you want from a mascara as other Lancome products might suit your wants better. You cannot blame this product for not living up to your expectations if you expected it to work exactly like your other favorite Lancome mascara. :P

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh. That's how I feel about this mascara. While I do like the cone-shaped wand a lot, I think the formula is too dry, and this causes major fallout before I'm even out of the bathroom. If I could, I would return it, but now, it'll probably annoy me until I throw it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by sm91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is adorable and I typically really like Lancome mascaras, (my favourite of them being Hypnose Drama) but there was such hype about this product and I really didn't love it. This is NOT the product for ladies like myself with short, light lashes who want volume, length and that "false lash" look. I can see it working on someone with thicker and naturally darker lashes because it will enhance and seperate, however this was not the product for me. If you're looking for volume go for Hypnose Drama, its way better.