December 18, 2014 | 1668 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by debra110

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this would be a nice mascara for a young teenager just starting out using makeup. I do like the brush because it does make it easy to get at those side lashes, also nice for that teenager not used to mascara. In fact, I could have used this in catholic school and gotten away with it. This mascara does nothing more than give your lashes a coat of color. If that is what you are going for, go for it. I like a lot more wow for my buck, and given the price this doesn't wow me at all.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I saw the ad for this mascara I thought I really have to have it. It promises doll lashes, which means, long, voluminous, lifted, parted, perfect lashes. So I went to Sephora's Lancome aisle to get the doll lash mascara.There was a very nice sales associate who told me that I can try it on. I said no thanks, it'll be fine. He also said I can return it if I don't like it. - He must have known something. -
So I bought it and tried it on. It was nothing like in the advertisement. My lashes were NOT voluminous, NOT lifted, NOT parted. After using this mascara for four days I noticed it started to flake. All I got was heavy feeling fly legs lashes with crumbles underneath my eyes.
All of this for $26!!!
I tried applying it in so many different ways without any good results.
I returned it at Sephora, and another nice sales associate gave me 3 sample mascaras to try on.
At least one good experience out of it.
So much about this mascara. Don't spend your money on this one, because it is definitely not what it says.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by krikty

Omg the smell!!! It reeks, I've never hated a mascara because it smelled before. It would constantly run into my eyes. This mascara was awful. It looked great for about 20 mins and that was about it. There are cheaper alternatives that do a great job.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by kllc0096

This is an okay mascara for ME. Everyone has different lashes and in my opinion this mascara is for someone who likes more of a natural, seperated, curled look. My favourite mascara by Lancome is Hypnose Drama. I have super long thick lashes and I love what Hypnose Drama does to them.

Lancome's Doll Lash has a very unqiue cone-shaped brush which makes getting even the smallest lashes a breeze. The formula does curl your lashes but I suggest you curl them first.

Overall I would suggest this to a customer who has shorter lashes that wants a nice long curl look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 More reviews by vsm91

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara...love the brush. No clumping or bleeding....best Lancome mascara since they discontinued my favorite "Immencils" years ago!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this just because of the name. I thought it would look really pretty and I also liked the packaging. The mascara is not bad but I have used better. It separates nicely and doesn't clump, at least not for me. The cone shape brush is nice and makes it easy to not smear your undereyes when putting it on your lower lashes. It is a nice mascara for everyday, but if you prefer more dramatic lashes this is not for you. No matter how much I layered it, it didn't seem to give any more drama.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by rainiej

I have typical asian lashes and I think this is a HG for me.
It grabs on lashes beautifully and it keeps the curls on perfectly! I love it! Granted my lashes can't get dramatic even with a God sent mascara but I think they reach their potentials with this mascara. HOWEVER I think there are equal drug store alternatives which is why I am only giving it 3 lippies.

However when you buy it take into consideration that mascaras work differently on everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by qubanmaggot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the wand, but I hate the fact that I get half the amount of product compared to other brands. On top of that, it doesn't do much to your lashes.
Edit: So, after having this for awhile, it's not so bad once you wipe the brush to get the extra mascara off and layered over different mascaras. I like Lo-real's Lash Blast waterproof formula for doll-like lashes or Telescopic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by kristihern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The smell of this mascara is pure grandma's toilet cleaner! It knocks you over when you pull out the wand. I had no trouble creating a very pretty look (after curling my lashes with my Shu Uemura curler).

Hours later, my lashes were drooping (very odd), and half of the mascara seemed to have vanished, and the "doll effect" was gone. Like other reviews mentioned, there were really unattractive flakes and specks all over my eye area by the evening. I had to resort to a heavy-duty eye makeup remover to get this stuff off even though it looked like it was already half gone.

This isn't worth a premium price, and I'll be returning it to Sephora. My usual recipe of 1 coat Clinique Defining and 1 coat Covergirl LashBlast Fusion works just fine - holds the curl, available in brown, smudgeproof, waterproof.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by ClaireBear25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not impressed. The cone shapes brush takes practices to get right or else it gets messy and once you do get it right the results are nice, but not stunning. Definitely gave me a wide eyed awake look but I would not consider it worthy of the title "Doll Lashes". The tube dried out fast, had a pungent smell and the mascara flakes easily. I got better results from Maybelline Falsies mascara.