July 31, 2014 | 2109 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by jellyfish15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Love the foundation. I was initially adverse to using foundation because I was afraid of looking cakey and getting clogged pores. This completely allayed my fears. It gives a very natural finish and the skin looks more radiant. Coverage is sufficient to even out the skin tone. I have experienced no problems of clogged pores from using this and it is easily removed with a cream cleanser. Half a pump and application with a brush is sufficient for me, probably because I prefer a more sheer coverage. Spreads and blends easily as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 5:25:00 AM More reviews by zuzziqa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favourite foundation along with Lancome Teint Miracle. It makes your skin glow, gives natural finish, doesnt clog pores and is suitable for dry, flaky skin as well as combination. I am NW20 an I use number 53, it may be slightly darker, but gives you a very nice healthy glow, so I prefer it over 52 Vanilla, which I also have. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this product never did any harm to it. My only complaint is that it doesnt stay more that 8-10 hours, but it doesnt oxidize, which is a good thing. Coverage is light to medium and my experience is, that is nicely blendable. I definitely recommend this product for people with sensitive dry acne prone skin, although I dont thing it will provide enough coverage for those with acne, scars or oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

I'm oily skinned and yellow toned and 53 fits me well during summer.

The formulation seems a little bit more slippery than the usual healthy mix and the coverage appears lighter, more sheer and with a dewy healthy finish. At first, I didn't like it because the coverage was light to medium, but the formulation has been a life saver over the last week or so when I've had an eczema outbreak on my face (dry, flakey and really not nice!) and I've needed to go outside. The foundation didn't highlight these spots or make therm any drier in appearance and the rest of my usual oily face also didn't look like a grease slick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After watching lisa use this in her vids for so long, I decided to try this foundation. Boots had a 3 for 2 special which was great so I managed to purchase a whole stack of Bourjois at a great price.
I use No. 53 & I can honestly say this product is better for me than the MAC foundations I have tried thus far. I apply with my fingers because using a brush just wastes product. Its a light-medium coverage foundation but you can apply more to areas in need of more. I do sometimes have a small blemish after using this but I havent monitored it closely enough to know if its hormones or product.
gives a lovely glow & does not sit on top of the skin..it really is the only foundation I have tried that sinks in really well without having to buff away.
excellent product, highly recommended.
BTW I have very dry skin so I know people with oily skin have trouble with this product, dry skins will not have the same trouble.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by LauraMichelle1515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutley love this foundation! I tend to find that i have to swap foundations every couple of months to get good results so i thought i'd give this a try as i've heard alot of people rave about it on Youtube. I have the lightest shade (shade 51) and I'm NW10-15 for reference, this foundation does have very yellow undertones though so people with more pink undertones beware. I apply it with a Real Techniques buffing brush and use about 1 and a half pumps for a full face. I would say this foundation is a medium coverage because concealer is definetly still needed but i wouldnt say its a light coverage either so lets conclude on medium coverage. Like other people have said it does leave a dewy finish on this skin which i love because i find matte foundations cake up easier. I think the BEST thing about this foundation is how long it lasts, i've tried so many foundations and most of them have disappeared by the end of my working day but this stuff stays put until i use a face wipe to take it off at night which is the biggest bonus for me because i have acne prone skin and usually during the day i can already see my spots starting to re-appear.
It is kind of exspensive for a drug store foundation at £10.99 for a 30ml bottle (i'm only on my first bottle but i cant see it lasting long) but its worth it and most of the time Boots do 3 for 2 on Bourjois so you could potentially get 3 bottles for just over £20 which would hopefully last a good long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Pamacs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent foundation. I have normal but dehidrated (not dry), ageing skin (I'm 43) and this product makes my face alive again.
Very easy to apply, gives the skin a healthy, natural shine. It has a light to medium coverage, only partially covers any redness (can be helped with a corrector) but I think it's enough during the day. My skin looks just very natural. Does not sit in the pores and wrinckles!
First I had doubts to buy it because the little colour choices. The Bourjois website suggests that choosing the right shade is enough, we don't have to hassle with the tone, the product is carefully balanced of pink and yellow pigments to match all skin tones. I gave it a try and it works for me!
I also like the fruity scent but it quickly evaporates after applying, before it gets annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Silverchair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation. I've only worn it twice so far and no breakout yet. I am an nc 42 in Mac and I wear Light Bronze #56 which is a tad too light for me but once I put powder over it, its fine. This is a light coverage but buildable. This foundation leaves your skin looking soft and dewy and that is my favorite trait about it.
I bought it from ebay and I think I paid around $16 for it, if it doesn't break me out I will definitely repurchase.
The packaging is a bit cheap I suppose since its in a plastic bottle but I don't mind that because I've had foundation bottles fall and break.
The only pitfall is I get oil after several hours. However my skin has seemed to improve w/ use
Love this and highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

Love, love, love. Everything about this foundation is great. 4.5 lippies.

APPLICATION: flawless; the texture of this foundation is like silk which makes it SO easy to apply and blend. I use the Real Techniques stippling brush for reference. :) I would recommend this for dry, dry/combo or normal skins.

FINISH: dewy-glowy. Not too shiny which I like.

COVERAGE: light-medium. This lasts about 8 hours (with powder touch-ups).

COLOUR: I'm a (serious) PPP and I use the lightest shade, 51, when I'm wearing gradual fake tan (the Le Tan one in case you were looking for a good one) and it matches perfectly. It has a yellow undertone.

PACKAGING: I love the slim design of the bottle, very chic. The pump is handy, as is the clear finish of the bottle so you know how much you have left.

PRICE: I'm pretty sure I paid about AU$34 for this foundation from Priceline. A little expensive for a drugstore brand, in my opinion, but I'll happily fork out again because it's such good quality.

Only half a lippie off because I wish it would last just a teensy bit longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Foomph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this foundation but it broke me out SO BADLY! I rarely break out from makeup but something in here did-it was the only thing I changed in my routine. I stopped using it and healed up (which took ages!). Anyway, other than that-if this doesn't break you out, it would be a great foundation for dry/normal skin. It is lightweight, provides medium coverage and blends like a dream! I wish this worked for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by tdm1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this foundation so bad. I must have read 10 pages of reviews on it here on MUA but it just didn't work for me. I have sensative skin, but I have used Revlon Colour Stay foundation for years and it hardly broke me out. I just spent over $200 on face cleanser, toner, and moisturizer and I decided I might want a new foundation to go with it.
Let's just say.. i've been wearing no foundation for the past week because I can't get to the store to buy a new foundation.
It sat well on my skin the first week.. then it started to slide right off and disappear by 1:00. It just did not work.
I have combination skin for those who were wondering. I think it may have even dried it out more.
Just no good. So sad.. I loved it at first.