November 21, 2014 | 1739 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Endocalm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE SMELL-YUM
LOVE packaging simple
LOVE the feel when putting on

HATE depending on the time & temperture, it can wipe of easily, melt
HATE that it only lasts approx.3-4 hours
HATE THE FINAL SETTING, rubs off easily after sets

I bought this last year and loved it, even bought two diff colours for the seasons change. But I didn't realize my skin was getting little white milia typs bumps here and there because of it. Finally figured out that the bumpy almost "yeasty" look to my skin was this-BOO:(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lanid06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

AMAZING

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by missdiordior

This is such an amazing product. I read good reviews on MUA and decided to give it a try, and it turned out to be great! Thank you MUA ladies!
It gives a very natural finish and does a bit moisturizing -which i totally adore. The coverage is medium to full and very buidable but you might still need a concealer to achieve flawless skin.
The only thing i want to complain about is the color selection. I have very fair skin so i need the color to be light enough - I love how Revlon Colorstay 001 ivory looks on me, but it's somehow cakey. The lightest shade of Bourjois is 51 vanille clair which i found a bit yellow for my own skin tone, but still wearable.

I am falling in love with this product, and would 100% recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a nice foundation, but I can't use this due to the alcohol content in this. It doesn't work with my dry skin. I will not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by decayestella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

About me,
Skin Type: Combintion, acne-prone.
Shade: #53, NC30/35.
Weather: Sunny, very humid.

Product,
Coverage: Light, not very buildable, very breathable.
Longevity: Up to 9 hours max (at least thats the max that i've tried)
Finish: Semi-matte to natural.
Packaging: Pump is always amazing, no doubt.

Final verdict,
My concern whenever wearing foundation is whether i am able to let my skin breathe, especially at humid places when make up has a tendency to melt off and having an oily tzone is no joy. The fact that my tzone gets oily upon 3 hours of application, for some reason, it doesnt bothers me as much as i would have. It somehow made that "greasy look" less undesirable instead it gave me that some sort of dewy look. However i need to blot excess oil from my tzone to mantain that look. But importantly, i still feel comfortable and it doesnt feel heavier towards the end. I have normal to dry cheeks and after getting home from a long day out, it's still the same as i applied it, semi-matte. And i must highlight, the shade #53 is the best match for medium neutral skin tones.

Gave a 4 out of 5 because it's not buildable. If i need more coverage, i need a different foundation. Therefore, not a holy grail, but totally an essential.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by lalawashere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is an excellent light-coverage foundation that is also a bit moisturising. It has excellent colour (52) without pulling too pink or pale. It suited my fair-medium skin nicely. It has a peachy fruity smell that is quite pleasant that fades in 10minutes. It lasts 5-6 hours without fading a little. I recommend this to those that have almost perfect skin but want to look a little bit more polished. I don't recommend this for troublesome blemished or acne-prone skin as it does not have enough coverage and can create oiliness or more breakouts. The only downside is that I would like at least medium coverage for this but hey thats what the original healthy mix is for, isn't it? Go get this if you want a natural everyday light n' fresh foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a holy grail foundation for anyone with yellow or olive undertones. I have quite an olive toned/medium complexion and this is one of the best matches I've found, compared to drugstore foundations which tend to run pink or beige. I have shade 53 Beige Clair. For reference I purchased this during summer when I was NC30 and am now NC25, so I just mix with a bit of paler neutral foundation (Revlon ColorStay Sand Beige) and it's fine.

Healthy Mix Serum Gel doesn't last quite as long as Revlon ColorStay, but it does give a much healthier and glowier look compared to the matte and heavy Revlon. The foundation itself is a bit runny but has great coverage. I can't speak for acne and scarring as my skin is in pretty good shape, but it covers areas of different pigmentation with no problem.

This gets a 5/5 from me for the color match and hygienic pump in the packaging. I bought this from Shopper's in Canada for ~$30.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I think it's incredibly good value and you get lots for your money. I love the gel consistency although It could go on better as it's quite thick for a liquid foundation but one its blended in with a brush it's fine. The finish gives me a nice glow, healthy mix is just the name for it. It also smells pleasant.

The colour I bought is a little too dark for me but I just blend really well. I'll definitely repurchase again at a lighter shade.

My one gripe with this foundation ( a common complaint with cheaper foundations) is that it does not stay on all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by paslarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought it would take me a lot of time and products to find my HG foundation but I've finally found it. I tried MAC, NARS, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Laura Mercier, Chanel but they've got nothing on this foundation. Both the formula and the color match perfectly my skin, I am number 55 and it looks and feels super natural. I have combination and dry skin and most foundations cling to the dry patches and break me out but this is super light but covers very naturally the areas of redness. It has a lovely smell of fruits , very similar to Benefit's Coralista but it fades within minutes. And the price is another plus, it's half of what a MAC foundation costs and it has become my favorite by far!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by waRney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Firstly, I have extremely oily skin with and without make-up.
I'm not the kind to wear foundation as an everyday basis, I either use just tinted moisterizer by The Balm(which is amazing, btw!) and concealer or concealer on it's own.

Finally, about this foundation. I wish my country carries more shades. The darkest is 53, which is a little bit light for my medium skin tone but whatever, still works I guess.
It is honestly one of the first foundation that I like alot! In the past, I've only used 2 kind of foundation from different brands.

This is one great product! It is PERFECT for people who wants a light foundation,especially if you still have to use concealer!
The coverage is extremely buildable, if covers uneven skin tone, minor redness.
On top of that, it smells hella GOOOD!! :D
Also, honestly, my face gets a little bit oily throughout the day when I wore this but seriously... I don't even care cos no matter what I wear on my face, sh*t gets oily! hahaha

Let me summarize for you..

PROS:
Smells good
Buildable
Good coverage
Semi-matte finish
Awesome packaging(Comes with a pump!)

CONS:
Narrow range of shades

Try it!