October 25, 2014 | 1168 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by paslarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought it would take me a lot of time and products to find my HG foundation but I've finally found it. I tried MAC, NARS, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Laura Mercier, Chanel but they've got nothing on this foundation. Both the formula and the color match perfectly my skin, I am number 55 and it looks and feels super natural. I have combination and dry skin and most foundations cling to the dry patches and break me out but this is super light but covers very naturally the areas of redness. It has a lovely smell of fruits , very similar to Benefit's Coralista but it fades within minutes. And the price is another plus, it's half of what a MAC foundation costs and it has become my favorite by far!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by waRney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Firstly, I have extremely oily skin with and without make-up.
I'm not the kind to wear foundation as an everyday basis, I either use just tinted moisterizer by The Balm(which is amazing, btw!) and concealer or concealer on it's own.

Finally, about this foundation. I wish my country carries more shades. The darkest is 53, which is a little bit light for my medium skin tone but whatever, still works I guess.
It is honestly one of the first foundation that I like alot! In the past, I've only used 2 kind of foundation from different brands.

This is one great product! It is PERFECT for people who wants a light foundation,especially if you still have to use concealer!
The coverage is extremely buildable, if covers uneven skin tone, minor redness.
On top of that, it smells hella GOOOD!! :D
Also, honestly, my face gets a little bit oily throughout the day when I wore this but seriously... I don't even care cos no matter what I wear on my face, sh*t gets oily! hahaha

Let me summarize for you..

PROS:
Smells good
Buildable
Good coverage
Semi-matte finish
Awesome packaging(Comes with a pump!)

CONS:
Narrow range of shades

Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Performance: This is such a lovely foundation, I have both Healthy Mix & Healthy Mix Serum & I much prefer the serum one, the texture is thinner and the coverage is more natural compare to the regular Healthy Mix, it blends effortlessly & brightens my complexion beautifully, it doesn't oxidize into another shade. I typically don't prime or set makeup up & this lasts about 5-6 hours on my combo skin, which is superb considering how lightweight is it!

Aesthetic: The foundation is nicely packaged in a slim plastic bottle with a pump, which elongates the longevity of the product, I am not a fan of fragrance because it accounts for majority of reaction/ irritation, BUT I love this foundation's scent, very sweet & fruity, although it does not linger on my face.

Overall I really enjoy this foundation & have already repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Mitsukiii

I feel that this product is great. The smell is amazing smells so fruity and nice.The coverage is good, it covers my redness and evens my skin tone. The color if fantastic, it doesn't look orange-y or too pale. (I'm using shade 52) Overall this foundation is great would definitely buy again c:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by settex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this product! If I were to choose a drugstore foundation, I would choose this foundation. I tried several foundations from the drugstore but they seem not to top of this brilliant foundation. I heard this foundation is almost a dupe of the Chanel Lumiere, I wouldn't be surprised because this foundation is soo silky, gives good coverage and its very gentle on the skin. It is not cakey and it does not give a scent/smell like some drugstore foundation does. For me, this is best applied with fingers. This is because I like the product to blend right into my skin. However, colour ranges are very limited. Great product though :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by sjearc

This is a great foundation! I usually use more expensive foundations such as Dior, Estee Lauder, Clinique, but bought this with my Boots points after hearing good things about it. It's priced at about £10 and I have to say is amazing value! I prefer a slightly heavier foundation in winter (just my personal preference), but for summer it's become a staple for me. It's light to medium coverage, very wearable, gives a glowing, dewy, healthy finish. I've run out of it now, but will be re-purchasing for the summer! It really is a great foundation for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by 4nn41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

An amazing foundation! It's so light, natural looking, super nice feel even on my oily skin! The coverage is light - medium buildable. It lasts forever on the skin looks amazing. Has a lovely satin - dewy finish, doesn't look shiny on oily skin! I love this a staple in my makeup collection! Wonderful!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by kk0101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I THINK this clogged my pores. I don't love slamming a product because it clogged my pores as my pores are easily cloggable and you never know if it's something else ie. the humid weather here, hormones making my skin oilier etc. But I'm fairly sure this had a role to play. It's quite dewy, which would be lovely on a normal skin type. But on my oily skin it was sticky and uncomfortable. It lasts all day (with a little setting powder) but would get slimy on my face without blotting 2-3 times a day. This was a big deal breaker as lately I haven't even had that much trouble with oil. And finally it clogged up my pores quite a bit. If I had less sensitive and dry-normal skin I would say this would be perfect. I loved the sheer but nice coverage. And the colours are really good and blend in very well. I'd give it a go if you're a person that is not extremely oily/breakout prone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by monarose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After spending a fortune on several different foundations trying to find the perfect foundation for my face which is combo/oily with mild rosacea redness on my cheeks, I finally hit the jackpot! I read great reviews online and decided to give it a try. It feels light weight on my skin and sort of just melts in, giving me a very natural finish. Doesn't look like I am wearing foundation at all, yet has pretty decent coverage. The MUA where I bought it said it was a medium coverage, but I think it's more light and sheer than I would like (which would be my only complaint and why I gave it 4 out of 5 lippies). I did add a second layer to my red spots which helped a lot. This would not cover acne, though, so I only use this when my skin isn't having an acne breakout. I love the fact that it's not cakey at all and did not accentuate my dry flaky patches on my nose and chin! It comes in a very convenient pump bottle and is reasonably priced as well ($27 in Canada). This is definately my new HG everyday foundation for when I'm having good skin days!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by BurntOrange

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love wearing this foundation when I fancy looking all youthful and glowy. I have combo skin and what's great about this foundation is that even though it has a dewey finish, I find it not too shiny or sparkly. I do tend to powder my t-zone, though. More out of habit than necessity.

My skin is also a bit sensitive and is prone to the odd breakout. I've had no problems with this.

It's longevity is also great on me, which surprised me as it is quite dewey. It didn't slide off or oxidise at all (Clinique - I'm looking at you!). It smooths over fine lines very nicely.

I think it's a really great foundation for older and/or slightly dry skin. As I said, I am combo so I just knock it back a little with powder in certain spots.

I got a whole bunch of the Bourjois foundations on the recommendation of a friend. I'm a bit poor at the moment so I didn't want to splash out on my usual Lancome Photogenic and Chanel Vitalumiere. I can say that the Bourjois foundations are equally as good, and far cheaper.

I also highly rate 10hr Sleep Effect and the usual Healthy Mix. If you can find a colour that matches you - go for it! Just check out which product best matches your skin type and what sort of look you want to go for.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No