April 19, 2014 | 1708 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by tokyo4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation!! when I naught it I had high expectations, because of the many good reviews of other people, and haven't been disappointed. As a foundation, it is pretty well, but does have some room for improvement.It has a medium-light coverage which could be a little higher, it has an amazing berry-summary smell which could be not for everyone, the price is a little too high for a drug store product (10.50) but definitely lower than high end products, and the packaging is really pretty however the cap keeps falling off which is annoying. One of my main complaints is the colour, since I've got the lightest colour that was available (51) and it still didn't match my skin, and I'm not even that pale, so very fair people will have problems using this foundation. Other than that I still love it, and definitely recommend this to anyone still wavering!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Mariki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this foundation! I have been on the hunt for a new foundation for a while now, and I saw Lisa Eldridge talking about Bourjois foundations on her youtube channel. Since I can't get bourjois in my country I ordered it on Asos in the lightest color, which is a really good match for me. It might be a teensy bit too dark in the dead of winter, but not too bad. I wish they made a 50 shade.

This foundation glides on and blends like nobodies business and evens out the skin tone perfectly. I would say this is a light to medium coverage foundation, which is perfect since I hate full coverage foundations (they look awful no matter what!) I would say this is better than a lot of more expensive high end foundations and I truly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by 14K35911

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is so far, my favourite foundation! First of all, the packaging is great for a drugstore foundation! It has a pump which is pretty hard to find in the drugstore. The price, however, is pretty high for drugstore--i can't remember the exact price, but it was over $20 here in Canada.
This foundation does have a semi-matte finish, like it claims. It sets without looking greasy and feels nice to the touch. I do still set it with a powder, MAC MSF Natural, although i probably could get away without doing that. Its staying power is pretty good too! I have combination skin, and I do find that by the end of the day, i look a little oily in my T-Zone, but nothing extreme by any means. I apply it with my fingers, because i feel like that works the best to blend liquids into the skin, and it blends seamlessly! On the bottle, it says that the coverage is 1/3 (I'm guessing that means light on a scale of light, medium, or full) and i find it does actually provide more of a light-medium coverage, especially if you go over in your problem areas once more with a little bit of extra product (I just pat a bit extra onto my cheeks and nose, which have redness, after i blend the initial layer across my face). It looks very natural as well! I went into sephora the other day to pick up a mineral powder foundation (Korres) which i have always wanted to try out, and when the lady was colour matching me she commented saying "you have great skin! what are you using?" and when i told her it was just Bourjois, a drugstore foundation, she looked rather taken back saying "well it looks very natural!"

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Mya_5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great concept, nicely sits on the skin, everything ok, but sorry, it broke me out :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Bunny111

Really shocked so many people like this, my skin is combination verging on oily and this just slid off... It looked ok for the first hour then it would just be gone, i found it made my face shiny, i broke out (and i don't have skin that is prone to break outs thank goodness, despite it's oilyness!) I really wanted to to like it, because i like the pump, it smelled good, it looked good in the bottle, but for me it was a complete nono. i used it with UD's de-slick make up spray and it still didn't stay on.. Personally i will not be buying again, although to be fair i have a friend with very dry skin who purchased this and loved it. Back to Estee lauders DW for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by maypanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Generally speaking, I haven't really had much luck finding a perfect "drugstore" foundation, I used L'Oreal True Match for a few years and that was fine. Following that, I went through a MAC, Clinique phase but I'd heard a lot of hype surrounding this foundation.

I chose the shade 53 (Light Beige), I'd say the shade is perfect for me when I have a tan but it's ever so slightly too dark at the moment. I'd say there are a reasonable amount of shades to choose from, and I may go one down, so I can mix that and my current foundation together.

Being a drugstore foundation, the price is a lot less than the higher end foundation, I think it cost me in the region of 7-9. So the price is great, I love the packaging, very cute and compact. I like that the bottle has little facts in regards to the ingredients and their benefits.

The foundation also has a scent, it's fruity, like cranberries or something. I know that people with sensitive skin, and people who prefer to use unfragranced products on their face, may have a problem with that but I don't think it's a huge deal. Again, it's down to personal preference. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by LeroyDuncan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

After reading multiple reviews and hearing good things about this product from so many people I really wanted to love this foundation.
The gel consistency makes it easy to blend in seamlessly and the colour range seems fair for a DS brand. This foundation is clearly not for oily or combination skin. After a few hours, the foundation seemed to build up and "swell" almost in the areas where there was oil, powdering helped to stem this slightly but it still happens.
If you have combination/oily skin, avoid this foundation. Normal to dry skin, I would expect this to be a dream foundation for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hope this review helps those with skin tones similar to mine. I listed shades/brands that suit me, for reference (lighter shades = Winter, darker shades = Summer, a mix = in between seasons) and info about my age/skin type before giving the verdict on shades 55, 56 and 58.

My usual colours:
MAC Face and Body C4/C5 (my favourite, perfect match, HG!), Studiofix Powder C40 (NC foundations are too yellow).
Bobbi Brown Warm Natural 4.5/ Honey 5 (Luminous Moisturising, Foundation Stick, Concealer, Oil-free Even Finish Compact, Oil Free Liquid). Both 4.5 and 5 are *very* warm and better for concealing / a brightening effect.
Prescriptives Virtual Skin Level 4 Warm Tawny / Tawny (only in summer - Liquid, AnyWear)
RCMA Color Process is Shinto 2 / 3.
Ben Nye Creme P-12 Japanese / P-125 Tan Au Lait.
Laura Mercier Foundation Powder No.5 (only in winter).

Main Setting Powders:
MAC Select Sheer NC40 loose / compact,
Mineralize Skin Finish Natural Medium Plus / Medium Dark.
Studio Careblend Medium Plus / Medium Dark.

Skin-type:
Dry/ pimple prone skin (age 37)
No obvious lines
Very clear because of retinoids.
No need for heavy coverage.
Some darkness under eyes, easily fixed with a touch of concealer

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum:
Worn with no SPF & no setting powder.
Shades tried: 55 Beige Fonce, 56 Hale Clair, 58 Hale Fonce
Coverage of all is medium / high on my skin. (Concealer not required)
Highly pigmented for an affordable brand
Feels nice on my dry skin
Lightweight but nice finish (in texture)
Lasts well

Verdict on colours:
55: Much too light / ashy. Gives my skin a grey cast and is chalky pink. Makes me look 'bloodless'.
56: The best of the three. But still not yellow enough and therefore somewhat 'light', slightly grey and rather flat.
58: Very brown with ruddy undertones -- my husband says: "It looks like brown paint".

My main issue: the sampled shades all make me look flat and lifeless. This is not an issue with foundations with more yellow tones. However -- too much yellow (MAC NC foundations) makes me orange. Hence I'd say my skin is on the warm side of neutral as opposed to the cooler side of neutral, if that makes sense. Someone who is roughly my colour but with a slightly cooler undertone (but less cool than NW 'cool') may possibly like the 56 Hale Clair.

Pros:
Lovely quality for the price
Great coverage (imo)
The closest match I have ever found in this price range (10.99 for 30ml).
Clear skin will require only a tiny amount for a beautiful, satin, non-drying finish.
Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin

Cons & why I would not purchase for myself & reason for 1 lippie rating:
Colour match is not right.
Satin finish rather than dewy
Too much coverage (for my needs)
Hard to sheer out -- even my heavy professional creams are easier to manipulate because they don't 'set' as fast.

That said -- if you find a colour match, do try Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum because, all things considered, it's a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Coffeeberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really hoping to love this foundation but I only... like it. I have combination skin but the majority of my face is intensely dry and flaky. Moisturisers do just enough to keep my skin from flaking but every time I've applied foundation the flakes will always show through and it can be incredibly frustrating. Unfortunately this Bourjois foundation doesn't do well with my problematic skin, so I'm really just writing this review to inform my fellow dry skin girls (and I'm talking really dry) that if you're looking for a foundation that erases this problem, this just isn't it.

It by no means is a bad foundation though. It smells great, applies smoothly (and feels refreshing), has a decent light to medium coverage and wears decently, but I think it's for people who have somewhat dry to normal skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by teaelleyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation, where have you BEEN all my life?? I've found you HG foundation.

I am a NW35 and ordered shade 56 Hale Clair (or Light Bronze) from ASOS.com and it matches me very nicely, a tiny tiny bit too light, but I am a little extra tan right now b/c of summer and it wasnt noticeable at all. The texture is SO nice and light, but gives me an awesome airbrushed coverage that still looks completely natural. I am oily skinned and used this with a oil reducing primer and the Tarte Amazonian loose powder on top and had absolutely no issues.

Highly highly recommend, was long lasting and comfortable to wear and was $18 from ASOS w/ free shipping. GO BUY IT NOW!!!