October 30, 2014 | 1811 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Yrie

Real Techniques Stippling Brush - 10.99 from LoveMakeup

PROS:
- Soft, synthetic taklon bristles, cruelty free.
- Lovely design, stands up on its end, easy storage, great quality handle.
- Blends foundation easily and evenly, makes makeup application much faster. (Note: I swirl and buff.)
I use this with:
Moisturiser - distributes it easily, buffs it in.
Tinted Moisturiser - very natural finish, makes blending much easier
Liquid Foundation - natural finish, easy blending, love it!
Cream Foundation - smoother application, great finish.
Mineral Powder Foundation - works okay, but Kabuki is better.
Powder Blush - works great!
Cheek Stain - awesome!
Cream Highlighter - brilliant!
- Washes easily.
- Doesn't shed.

CONS:
- works better with liquids/creams than with powders. Doesn't bother me much though, cause I prefer the former to the latter anyway :-)
- I tried stippling with this (not a big fan of stippling in general) and the result was okay, but the bristles were kinda "pokey".

VERDICT:
I only need ONE single brush to do my whole face routine - I use moisturiser, foundation, blush, highlighter one after the other without cleaning the brush in between and it works wonderfully. This makes my morning routine much faster, I don't need to wash as many brushes and the result is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by dscrapbooking

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this brush, I have 5 of them. It is soft and reasonable priced. It is good for foundation, blush, powder. Definetly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by roxxdallas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG! FOR $8.99 I BUY THIS AT ULTA,BEST BRUSH FOR LIQUID FUNDATION AND I LOVE USE THIS BRUSH WITH BENEFIT HIGH BEAM,I HAVE 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'll start off by saying that I do not used this for stippling foundation because the product I use to rather thick and it doesn't work well with it.. So if you use a liquid foundation, it would probably work wonderfully. I use BB cream, and what I use is thicker than most foundations. Anyway, what I DO use this for is bronzer/blush and sometimes for buffing.. and it works very well for that. The quality of all the brushes I've tried through this line are AMAZING. Not only are they pleasing to the eye, they are made w/ quality materials and you can tell it's very sturdy. I have had ZERO shedding. The bristles are SUPER soft and made of synthetic taklon, which means you can use for a vast variety of makeup consistancies. Amazing brushes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by aceciul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing brush, but for me is not the ideal for foundation, but for cream bronzers and blushes, OMG!!! Have you ever tried to use them with cream products? It's amazing for doing so, it gives a nice airbrush finish, almost like a photoshop effect. I simpply love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is, by far, the BEST foundation brush I've ever purchased!! I'm a big fan of Pixiwoo's tutorials. When Samantha mentioned her brushes I was super excited! This was the first brush I bought due to the glowing reviews here.

This brush applies foundation like a breeze. It's soft and easy to clean. The price is UNBELIEVABLE!! I love it so much I purchased a back-up just in case. Ever since I bought this, I've been buying the rest of Sam's brushes. I want all of them! It does what it says. If you're thinking of buying a stippling brush for your foundation, consider this because it's cheap. I love how it's ergonomically made to stand and fit perfectly on the hand for easy application. I LOVE IT!! ******EDIT****** I found that this is also WONDERFUL for applying cream blushes and face masks. Another great review!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Generally speaking, all Real Techniques brushes are really soft, they don't shed at all, they're not smelly or anything and they kept their shape after I washed them with warm water and Marseille soap like I do for all my brushes. All brushes are made of Tacklon and are cruelty-free, which is great.The color of the handle indicates the use of the brush: eye brushes are purple, yellow ones are for face and pink ones are 'finishing' brushes. The whole name of the brush is written on the handle, so it's really helpful for beginners.I also like that all brushes have a flat end to their handles so they can stand on it.

I must say the Stippling brush is the one I was the most excited about getting because I had a feeling it would perform well for foundation application.I decided to put it on a hard test and try it with Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation. This one has the (quite deserved) reputation to be hard to apply, particularly if you don't have the right technique and obviously the right tools. Following the advice I had gotten at the Illamasqua counter, I used a very small amount of product and applied in very soft light strokes with the stippling brush. It worked like a dream, I was really impressed - and if this brush can apply this foundation perfectly, it will work with everything else.
This one costs 8.99/ USD 9.99, which is great value for money and definitely cheaper than a lot of equivalents on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by UNStOPABlE27

GREAT DUPE FOR MACS 187 &SO MUCH CHEAPER,DOESN'T SHED OR LEAK DYE &MAKES BLENDING SO EASY(: FANTASTIC!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by EvaW

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Since these brushes first came out, i have been trying to get a hold of them. Everytime i ran into Ulta thy were completly sold out!. But finally i was able to get them, and am so glad i did. This brush has worked flawlessly with cream and powder foundations for me.The price is completly reasonably, really quite a good deal for an excellant brush. I am so happy with the results this brush has given me. If your looking for some new brushes, defiently go look at Real Techniques!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I'm loving this brush! I used with cream and liquid foundation, blush, and bronzer. I was gonna also get the powder and blush brush but I think I'm just gonna get another backup one of this same brush. I'm surprised it's only $9.99 at Ulta.