October 1, 2014 | 1117 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by roxxdallas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG! FOR $8.99 I BUY THIS AT ULTA,BEST BRUSH FOR LIQUID FUNDATION AND I LOVE USE THIS BRUSH WITH BENEFIT HIGH BEAM,I HAVE 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'll start off by saying that I do not used this for stippling foundation because the product I use to rather thick and it doesn't work well with it.. So if you use a liquid foundation, it would probably work wonderfully. I use BB cream, and what I use is thicker than most foundations. Anyway, what I DO use this for is bronzer/blush and sometimes for buffing.. and it works very well for that. The quality of all the brushes I've tried through this line are AMAZING. Not only are they pleasing to the eye, they are made w/ quality materials and you can tell it's very sturdy. I have had ZERO shedding. The bristles are SUPER soft and made of synthetic taklon, which means you can use for a vast variety of makeup consistancies. Amazing brushes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by aceciul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing brush, but for me is not the ideal for foundation, but for cream bronzers and blushes, OMG!!! Have you ever tried to use them with cream products? It's amazing for doing so, it gives a nice airbrush finish, almost like a photoshop effect. I simpply love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is, by far, the BEST foundation brush I've ever purchased!! I'm a big fan of Pixiwoo's tutorials. When Samantha mentioned her brushes I was super excited! This was the first brush I bought due to the glowing reviews here.

This brush applies foundation like a breeze. It's soft and easy to clean. The price is UNBELIEVABLE!! I love it so much I purchased a back-up just in case. Ever since I bought this, I've been buying the rest of Sam's brushes. I want all of them! It does what it says. If you're thinking of buying a stippling brush for your foundation, consider this because it's cheap. I love how it's ergonomically made to stand and fit perfectly on the hand for easy application. I LOVE IT!! ******EDIT****** I found that this is also WONDERFUL for applying cream blushes and face masks. Another great review!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Generally speaking, all Real Techniques brushes are really soft, they don't shed at all, they're not smelly or anything and they kept their shape after I washed them with warm water and Marseille soap like I do for all my brushes. All brushes are made of Tacklon and are cruelty-free, which is great.The color of the handle indicates the use of the brush: eye brushes are purple, yellow ones are for face and pink ones are 'finishing' brushes. The whole name of the brush is written on the handle, so it's really helpful for beginners.I also like that all brushes have a flat end to their handles so they can stand on it.

I must say the Stippling brush is the one I was the most excited about getting because I had a feeling it would perform well for foundation application.I decided to put it on a hard test and try it with Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation. This one has the (quite deserved) reputation to be hard to apply, particularly if you don't have the right technique and obviously the right tools. Following the advice I had gotten at the Illamasqua counter, I used a very small amount of product and applied in very soft light strokes with the stippling brush. It worked like a dream, I was really impressed - and if this brush can apply this foundation perfectly, it will work with everything else.
This one costs 8.99/ USD 9.99, which is great value for money and definitely cheaper than a lot of equivalents on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by UNStOPABlE27

GREAT DUPE FOR MACS 187 &SO MUCH CHEAPER,DOESN'T SHED OR LEAK DYE &MAKES BLENDING SO EASY(: FANTASTIC!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by EvaW

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Since these brushes first came out, i have been trying to get a hold of them. Everytime i ran into Ulta thy were completly sold out!. But finally i was able to get them, and am so glad i did. This brush has worked flawlessly with cream and powder foundations for me.The price is completly reasonably, really quite a good deal for an excellant brush. I am so happy with the results this brush has given me. If your looking for some new brushes, defiently go look at Real Techniques!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I'm loving this brush! I used with cream and liquid foundation, blush, and bronzer. I was gonna also get the powder and blush brush but I think I'm just gonna get another backup one of this same brush. I'm surprised it's only $9.99 at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to break this down into three parts: Brush construction, bristles and application.

The brush itself is solid. I love the fact that most of the brush is the ferrule. It feels light in my hand which makes it easy to move around and the size of the handle is certainly big enough. I find it cute that it stands on it's own. It's not a requirement for me but it's certainly nice that she had the consumer in mind rather than the makeup artist.

The bristles are a soft synthetic known as taklon. The shape is flat and dense and the shortness of the bristles makes it great for really buffing in product. It's not a typical stippling brush and is more along the lines of the MAC 130, but as I've not tried the MAC 130, I can't actually make the comparison.

This is great for liquids, creams and powers. I have used this for foundation, powder and blush and it performs beautifully with all mediums. I also love this for highlighters to prevent from applying too much product. Yet another winner from Real Techniques!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It took me forever to find this brush because it was sold out both in store and on the Ulta website, so when I finally got my hands on it I was very excited! I didn't expect to love this brush as much as I do, but I have been very pleasantly surprised. I use this to apply liquid foundations, and this brush makes it so easy to blend! I hardly have to put any effort into applying and blending liquid foundations using this brush, and it's a lot easier to clean than more densely packed brushes. I have used this with Maybelline SuperStay, Rimmel Clean Finish, Maybelline FitMe, Neutrogena Healthy Skin, and Almay Nearly Naked Makeup, and this brush worked phenomenally well with all of them. I find that it works better with the more liquid-y ones (Maybelline FitMe and Neutrogena Healthy Skin), but I've not had major problems using this brush at all. It applies my foundation lightly with no streaks, and I rarely need to go back with another brush to blend. I also use this to blend my concealer into my foundation, and it works really well for that as well. This brush was also really inexpensive, and for those who live near Ulta, it should be easily accessible. I will definitely be purchasing one or two more of this brush and more from the Real Techniques line because this one is so so good. The bristles are very, very soft and just stiff enough to blend product without being too stiff. The handle is nice as well: I like the weight of the brush, and I appreciate the thicker bottom, so I can stand this brush up on its own instead of sticking it in my overflowing brush holders! I have noticed though that the ferrule gets scratched and dented fairly easily, but I'm not one to be overly concerned about that as long as the brush itself works well and isn't falling apart. I also like the colored ferrules!