October 20, 2014 | 1987 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Annas2

My favourite foundation! I have used so many foundations high end and low, but keep coming back to this. It is a reliable foundation that I trust to keep me shine free through a whole work day. I have used this foundation for over 12 hours a day, with minimal shine and I have used this for years!

My skin is about a NC 25 in Mac and I use the colour 240 Medium beige in the combination/oily 24 hrs formula and the colour 200 Nude in the dry/normal 24hrs formula. Both are perfect colour matches for my skin. I do love both formulas, but feel the oily combination feels thicker on my skin. I have noticed the dry formula makes my skin look more dry than the oily, which is strange.

Both are excellent foundations for my skin type and I will keep using. The only thing I don't like about these foundations, is I don't think they are non-comedogenic as it doesn't say this on the bottle or the revlon website in the description for the foundation.

Overall this is an excellent foundation and I will continue to buy, this would be my HG foundation if only it were non-comedogenic! Btw this comes with a pump dispenser now, finally:)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by SeasideMel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation for giving nice, medium coverage. In addition it doesn't seem to settle into fine lines. I bought the formula for dry skin. I have to work with it a bit to prevent it from looking cakey, but that could be due to the fact that I'm using a stipple brush which is something I've never used before. If I buff enough, I get a nice airbrushed look. The one thing I don't like about it is it doesn't let your skin breathe. It's an odd feeling which I've never experienced with any other foundation. (I haven't used that many.) Overall, I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Cbizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is a staple in my makeup routine. I've bought it countless times. I buy the lightest shade and it blends perfectly with my skin color. It stays in place all day and it doesn't cause breakouts or clog pores. I've tried a lot of foundations, including Clinique's version of long-wear foundation, and this tops them all. I highly recommend it for those who struggle with oily skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Grace319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. And this makes my face really itchy and got runny nose when using it and also make my eyes teary. And it's really expensive! -____________-

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got the colour 350 Rich Tan and it matched my skin perfectly. I bought it it the middle of the summer, so for reference, at that time I am around a nc40. I quite liked it. It stayed on well through all day use. It stayed. On from getting up at 4 in the morning to taking it off at 12 at night on competition days. It's oil combating abilities are lacking, but I have severely oily skin so it might not be so for everyone. It gives a medium-full coverage and works best when you use your fingers to blend it into the skin. All in all, a pretty good foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

- the color is way off, bad color range
    - doesn't let skin breathe
    - no pump, messy

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by ktmacup

I don't know if I would buy this again. I wore it out one night.... and it stayed. I had to scrub like crazy to get it off after about 8 hours of wear. Buuuuut. I felt it looked to cakey. I know that with it being for oily skin that is probably intentional but by skin is no oily when I put the make up on. It gets oily after say 2 or 3 hours. I bought shade 220 and it was to a little to light but did not look bad at all after I put bronzer on in an 'E 3'. Again I say, however, I looked like a ghost in picture. Scary. There were grudge jokes.... So I would not wear again if I am going to be photographed.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by laurenbtr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

It works fine, but the packaging makes it either unsanitary or very messy to use. It's just a bottle and too liquid-y to pour onto the back of your hand. I feel like it smells funny too, like chemicals or something. I know it's not age because it's pretty new.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by nycshopgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didn't really like it. Maybe the shade was off but it did seem to match my skin ok when I looked in the mirror, but when I took photos with a flash I always had a white cast all over my face which didn't match my neck at all. Made it really obvious that I was wearing thick foundation. I ended going back to L'oreal True Match which matches my yellow/olive complexion perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by eurasian88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this foundation for the past 8 years & it's absolutely amazing! I've tried other foundations (both drugstore & high-end foundations) throughout the years & I have yet to find something that comes close to this foundation. It's easy to apply, there's such a large selection of skin tones to choose from (also offers dry skin or combination/oily), plus it's super cheap (used to be $14 & I've been seeing it sold for about $9 in the past year). It has great coverage without being cakey (most people can't even tell that I'm wearing any foundation because of how natural it looks!). The only reason I gave it a 4 for packaging was because I prefer dispensers. I'm obsessed with it & would probably die if I were to hear that it was ever discontinued. Revlon Colorstay Foundation fo lifeee <3