MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 5/9/2013 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Meh.

The lasting power is excellent. Color match is good. Its coverage is flexible: you can sheer it out or layer it.

But it settles in my pores, with or without primer. And because it is so long lasting, once it settles in my pores, it is impossible to blend away.

I wanted to like this foundation-- but I can't make it work.

If you don't have issues with enlarged pores like I do, this might be a good one to try. It just wasn't for me.

on 5/6/2013 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is an excellent foundation specially for people with oily skin. I have oily/acne prone skin so I tend to get oily and this is really good for controlling oil and it stays put - does not slide off my face and does not require a lot of touch ups! Coverage is good, a little less than the Studio Fix Fluid as the consistency of this foundation is a bit runny however, it is buildable. It didn't cause me any breakouts I have used it for several months now so that's excellent! Its expensive but will last a few months. It can be drying at times, so I tend to use this during the summer.

It also comes in a pump which is a plus! Will repurchase.

on 5/4/2013 11:35:00 AM

The Sales Associate did a crappy job color matching me. When i asked for a sample just so i could see how it looked outside in the sun, she gave me this frustrated look. I purchased it even with the crappy service she provided due to the numerous raves on Youtube. This product oxidized on me about 3 hours later. This is the first product i had ever purchased from MAC and i am so disappointed. It made me breakout slightly, which is common when i try new products. I think i wouldve liked it better if i was colormatched correctly. Would have returned it but i accidently threw the box away.

on 5/4/2013 10:58:00 AM

I just switched to this about a week ago since the weather is really heating up and my studiofix was starting to slide off my face because of the humidity. I can't believe it took me this long to discover MAC foundations, I started using studiofix in the late fall and have been in love ever since. The NW20 matches my skin perfectly, the traditional studiofix is perfect in the winter when I'm dryer and this longwear formulation is perfect now that it's warm and humid. It provides very good medium coverage and it does what it says, it stays put all day. I also love the pump dispenser, it's so much easier to get the perfect amount than the studiofix bottle, why MAC doesn't switch to these pumps with all their foundations I don't know. I realize this foundation will probably not work for everyone, but for me, it is exactly what I want. Definitely worth a try IMO.

on 4/28/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have acne scarring, this does nothing for me except accentuate my uneven skin tone. Beautiful color, long wearing but looks awful in the light on my skin.

on 4/26/2013 12:24:00 AM

I tried a bunch of samples one of my girlfriends gave me to see if it was worth taking the plunge for the high cost and it wasn't :(. The quality is pretty mediocre in my opinion. It really doesn't cover anything for me and makes my skin looked worse than without any foundation. I had to consistently wash it off after applying because it made me look terrible.

Will not be buying again :(

on 4/22/2013 11:40:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product... I really did! I am usually NC20, but got NC15 in this foundation. Was actually a really good color for me, and I really appreciated that aspect. However, it does not hide my red post-acne marks (not scars, just red marks) at all. I have small pores and wouldn't consider myself to really have wrinkles yet, but this seemed to settle into everything and I just looked OLD when I looked at myself in the mirror. Suddenly, wrinkles everywhere! Also, it just looked unnatural and cakey. Tried again with MAC primer, and also setting with MAC mineralize powder. Still terrible. And kept it kept wiping off on everything and smearing.

Sigh... search for a long-lasting foundation that will cover my skin imperfections continues.

on 4/22/2013 11:57:00 AM

Oily, acne-prone sesitive skin here. I've been using this for +2 years and really like this product.
Pros: a little goes a long way, buildable coverage (med/full), it covers my acne and rosacea, lasts all day altough I do have to touch up during summer, helps control the oil, nice finish - matte when you first apply it and semi-matte/natural during the day.
Cons: feels thick, drys quickly so you have to be careful when applying, don't know if I did something wrong or if I got really pale but it just turned a bit orange, I couldn't wear it for months, till summer came and it's a good fit again.
Pro Longwear is a bit darker then usual so I recommend getting a shade ligther. Don't think it broke me out.

on 4/18/2013 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have finally found my HG foundation! I used to use MUFE matte velvet and I loved the coverage but my face would get greasy in like an hour! This foundation last all day! I don't even have to set it! It's more like a stain. I'm nc 42 and at first I thought it was too yellow but I use mac's mineralized skin finish in gold deposit on my cheeks and then blend that out and the color is perfect!!! It looks very natural yet finished! not like a heavy mask like mufe! I have been searching for a foundation that didn't make me look greasy after an hour for so long! And I finally found it!!!! Trust me! This is the perfect foundation for summer or if you live in a hot climate.

on 4/18/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I wasn't impressed, am a huge MAC fan as they have the exact foundation color palette for my brown skin. But i have to say MAC pro was a bit of a disappointment, althought it does last a long time average (8-10 hours) it was too sheer to cover up some scars left over from acne. I had to layer it a few times, something that does not happen with studio fix ( powder foundation or liquid)

Video Reviews & Tutorials