November 23, 2014 | 1222 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite moisturizer of all time was the Garnier Fresh series that is not available in the US. This is the first Garnier product in the US that comes close to it. The Fresh was a cream that felt like a gel. This is just a gel. I really love the way it feels. It makes my skin feel supple and hydrated. I love that it doesnt feel thick or greasy. I would prefer if it came in a pump rather than a jar (like the SPF lotion) but the only thing that bothers me about this product is the scent. It is very pleasant and fruity like all Garnier products. In the beginning I thought this was nice and smelled good, but after a while it just seems like youre using shampoo. I've already used 2 jars of this and will repurchase later. It's a very good and inexpensive moisturizer especially for the summer. I'm using something else thats a bit thicker and more protective to get me through the winter. All in all, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by cc001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this for the summer. It was very refreshing to put on. It's very light weight (it feels like you don't have moisturizer on) and it does moisturize very well. It doesn't give you a shiny finish and it leaves your skin very smooth.
Now it's headed toward the winter, and my skin tends to get a little drier. This doesn't moisturize my drier patches enough, so I just use a different moisturizer for them. But I still like this. When my skin is good (no dry patches) I use this.
I recommend this for oily skin, this might not be moisturizing enough for people with dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this moisturizer for about a year now. It isn't perfect but it has been good enough for me to stick with it. It doesn't cause me to break out. My skin looks dewy and clean. I'll have to get something a little more substantial for a few dry spots (around my nose, cheeks) this winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by amuseale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to rate this product, I have been looking for a lightweight gel moisturizer so I saw heaven when I found this. Major dissapointment, my skin has been peeling off on my cheeks and nose. I put a little of this moisturizer around my eye area, I know you're not supposed to do this, yet I did, and now all of my eye area is constantly burning and the area of my brow bone is peeling off. I just applied this again just to test if it was me, or the moisturizer, definitely the moisturizer, as soon as I put it on, a burning sensation. In my opinion, it could be the alcohol. Anyways I will definitely NEVER use this, or buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by rachel5788

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this. My skin is normal, so it doesn't really need a ton of moisture. I use this as a night moisturizer and I use the garnier spf 15 one in the daytime. I plan on using it year round too- my skin does not get dry due to not very cold temperatures even in the winter here lol. It smells really good, its in a cute jar, it is a really cool gel haha and it feels really cooling on your face. I like it a lot.
Update: I think this breaks me out... but i love it. so sad

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by soapykitty

I love this stuff! I have a very oily t-zone and whenever I buy moisturizer my first thought is "Will it make me break out?" I use this on my face every time I get out of the shower andhave had no lotion related breakouts! It smells great and feels so refreshing when you put it on.And I like how the box shows the jars actual size so you know what you're buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by audreyboll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and this is a must in my routine because it provides the slightest moisture that helps my skin not produce too much oil in the day

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent basic moisturizer. It's good for normal to oily skin types I think. It has a very nice refreshing scent and has a light cool texture, great for summer. It's very good for the price at around $6-$7 at Target, I don't expect it to do much more than lightly moisturize my skin and that's exactly what it does. The packaging is very sturdy and doesn't look too cheap. Would definitely purchase again but if you're expecting anything more than a basic moisturizer then look somewhere else.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by karenly1288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Two years ago, I unfortunately developed eczema on my cheeks, which definitely has lowered my self esteem. I've tried several different moisturizers, but none of them seemed to be able to tame it. I thought hydrocortisone was going to be my only remedy, which is unfortunate because it thins out your skin with long term use. I stumbled upon this particular moisturizer in a magazine ad and decided to give it a shot. I LOVED what it did to my skin, especially for my eczema. Although it did not completely clear it up, it has certainly kept my eczema to a minimum which no other moisturizer has been able to do. I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this product so badly!! It's actually quite nice in some respects but I have two major issues with it.

1) It includes alcohol as the THIRD ingredient! Ugh, alcohol causes collagen breakdown and free radical damage.

2) It is heavenly scented. Very pleasant scent actually, but can be irritating for people with sensitive skin such as myself.

I don't mind that it comes in a jar since there are not any AHAs, BHAs or anti-oxidants active in the formula. It's just a basic, light moisturizer that would be perfect for combo/slightly dry/normal skin. Feels so nice to put on, sinks right in and makes skin feel soft without a greasy after effect. Also used it under makeup, very nice as well. Did not make me breakout.

Too bad about the alcohol, this could really be my perfect little moisturizer for days I don't do my BHA or retinol treatments or something to wear under makeup application. And it's soo cheap which is another bonus but I just can't see myself buying it again knowing that alcohol is the third ingredient.