September 20, 2014 | 1218 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by audreyboll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and this is a must in my routine because it provides the slightest moisture that helps my skin not produce too much oil in the day

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent basic moisturizer. It's good for normal to oily skin types I think. It has a very nice refreshing scent and has a light cool texture, great for summer. It's very good for the price at around $6-$7 at Target, I don't expect it to do much more than lightly moisturize my skin and that's exactly what it does. The packaging is very sturdy and doesn't look too cheap. Would definitely purchase again but if you're expecting anything more than a basic moisturizer then look somewhere else.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by karenly1288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Two years ago, I unfortunately developed eczema on my cheeks, which definitely has lowered my self esteem. I've tried several different moisturizers, but none of them seemed to be able to tame it. I thought hydrocortisone was going to be my only remedy, which is unfortunate because it thins out your skin with long term use. I stumbled upon this particular moisturizer in a magazine ad and decided to give it a shot. I LOVED what it did to my skin, especially for my eczema. Although it did not completely clear it up, it has certainly kept my eczema to a minimum which no other moisturizer has been able to do. I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this product so badly!! It's actually quite nice in some respects but I have two major issues with it.

1) It includes alcohol as the THIRD ingredient! Ugh, alcohol causes collagen breakdown and free radical damage.

2) It is heavenly scented. Very pleasant scent actually, but can be irritating for people with sensitive skin such as myself.

I don't mind that it comes in a jar since there are not any AHAs, BHAs or anti-oxidants active in the formula. It's just a basic, light moisturizer that would be perfect for combo/slightly dry/normal skin. Feels so nice to put on, sinks right in and makes skin feel soft without a greasy after effect. Also used it under makeup, very nice as well. Did not make me breakout.

Too bad about the alcohol, this could really be my perfect little moisturizer for days I don't do my BHA or retinol treatments or something to wear under makeup application. And it's soo cheap which is another bonus but I just can't see myself buying it again knowing that alcohol is the third ingredient.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by stam020

Pros: moisturized
Cons: irritate sensitive skin, caused redness and pimples.

This would be good for people who don't have sensitive skin because it really did moisturized my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Jenstarlast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the second time I have purchased this product. The first time was before I started seeing a derm about acne, and I really liked this moisturizer then because it was light, smells nice, affordable, and felt nice on the skin. Now that I am using Retin-A and my skin is a little more dry in certain areas, I use this as a serum when I need a little more moisture. One nice thing about this is that it is so light that if my eye area or wherever gets dry mid day I can apply a tiny bit and pat it in the skin over my makeup without messing it up. I can do the same thing with Clinique Moisture pink gel (forgot the name). For that, I love these gel type moisturizers. This one would be fantastic on oily skin. Combo skin that has dry spots may need something a little richer. All in all, I have enjoyed this product. It is a simple staple for those with oily skin, a true hero because oily skin types also need to moisturizer but till now in the drugstore there were very limited options for light moisturizers. This product gets an A+ for that alone. I do not think I will repurchase as long as my skin is in it's current state but I recommend it to oily skin types.

Update: This is a great buffer to put on after you wash your face, wait the required time (15 mins) and then put on your Retin-A or other tretinoin prescription. If you are having flakes this is a good thing to try. I would compair this to Clinique's moisture surge, not identical (clinique's is a little thicker and more hydrating I find) but for the price it's worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by ari496

This is the perfect summer nightime moisturizer for those with acne prone skin. It's so refreshing and moisturizing. It did not make me breakout. It made my skin look and feel so fresh and pretty. I totally recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by lonepine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I am on my third jar of this product and my skin absolutely loves it! Since my skin is on the dry side, I probably would not have purchased a gel moisturizer as in the past I've found gel creams tend to dry out my skin. This product, however, is much different. I originally tried it after finding a sample in Allure magazine. I used Revlon Colorstay foundation, and found the Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream worked beautifully under the foundation. That same day someone commented on my beautiful wrinkle-free skin. I don't know if the gel-creme had anything to do with that, but I did notice the gel-creme helped my foundation to NOT settle in the wrinkles I do have. So now I'm hooked....I will continue to use the Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream along with the Colorstay makeup. I don't believe the gel-creme causes any reversal effects, although it might prevent some future damage simply by keeping my face hydrated. However, for the face I have today, I will continue to use it. It is one of the best moisturizers I have found that truly keeps my skin hydrated, but is not greasy or heavy. As a side note, I am really lovin' Garnier skin care products. I am a skin care/makeup junky and have tried MANY products. Of the Garnier products I've tried, I've found them to perform just as well, if not better than may high-end, expensive products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

at first i really liked this product, it smells awesome and it made my face feel smooth. however, as time went on, i found it wasnt too effective at delivering much moisture. i'm really not surprised to learn that it has denatured alcohol in it. it feels nice when you put it on, but then it starts to burn. it sounds like it works well for oily skin, but for combination skin/dry skin, this stuff is decidedly not a 'moisture rescue'. i knew it wasn't working when i got frustrated and applied clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel over it, and it felt like my skin could actually breathe again. this stuff is more like a thick toner than a moisturizer. definitely not repurchasing, ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I have oily skin and I love this moisturizer at night. It doesn't leave my skin oily or greasy, and soaks in at top speed. It leaves my skin smooth, and not tight feeling. With oily skin, it's easy to over-moisturize and wake up like a grease ball. With this, my skin just feels smooth and supple.
It's got a good, clean, fresh scent... not over-powering and after it soaks in, it doesn't leave a smell at all.
I love the packaging (a simple tub; not the most hygienic, but I like that you can get every last drop) and the price. Will definitely repurchase.