eos Lip Balm Sphere - Lemon Drop SPF 15

3.5

Active ingredients: Homosalate 8.0%, Avobenzone 3.0%, Octocrylene 2.75%. Inactive ingredients: Beeswax/Cera Alba (Cire D’abeille), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor (Aroma), Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Limonene*, Linalool*. *Component of Natural Flavor.

on 1/23/2011 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Pro:
-the packaging makes for a very smooth and easy application (the BEST feature of this product, in my opinion; a truly innovative feature)
-SPF 15 provides good sun protection for the lips
-scent/taste is pleasant
-very ergonomic for hands and easy to transport
-reasonably priced (only $3)

Con:
-not moisturizing enough (especially in the winter, I have to apply MANY coats before my lips feel adequately moisturized and after 15 minutes or so, the moisture disappears)
-gets dirty easily and more prone to contamination
-not suitable for winter (the product will freeze up and take much longer to apply)

Basically, this product would be perfect if it was the same design but with a better/more moisturizing lip balm. Definitely an over-hyped product but not terrible for $3.

on 1/23/2011 1:40:00 AM

Ok, so I kinda gave into the hype when I bought this. But it was so worth it. I've always been disappointed in lip balms in general because I've tried a lot of different brands for my very chapped lips, with no luck.
Now I use this every day, many many times a day.

First of all, packaging is cute. It's also very easy for me to find in the abyss that is my purse.

I love the texture of the balm. It glides on so easily and lasts quite a long time for me. What I love the most is that it keeps my lips soft even after the balm itself wears off.
No other lip balm that I have purchased has compared to this.

Overall this is an amazing product.
I will definitely repurchase

on 1/22/2011 3:02:00 AM

I have two of these, the flavor is nice but not overwhelming, and the texture is smooth. I thought at first the packaging was just gimmicky, and wouldn't work out well, but the sphere shape is actually pretty convenient, and the price is reasonable. The ingredients are natural, and my lips are staying pretty happy. I will definitely continue using balms from this company.

on 1/19/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love this balm. Feels light, gives just a slight sheen to the lips, smells great, lasts a long time. This is my favorite of all the flavors available. The packaging is the best part! Don't have to worry about the top falling off, and it's bright color and unique shape make it super easy to find in a big purse!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So far I'm loving this stuff. It's amazing. The scent is lemony but not like a sour, stinky lemon (if that makes sense), it's definitely smooth going on the lips, and moisturizing. It doesn't stay on for long but it leaves my lips feeling hydrated and soft. It's a lip balm not a gloss people, to be honest I wouldn't want a lip balm that stayed on for 15 hours. It does the job it says it'll do...leaves your lips SMOOTH & moisturized. I love this product for far & for only $2.96 at Walmart I will most likely buy it again.

And the fact that it has an SPF of 15 is just a little added bonus to the fact that this packaging is beyond adorable!

Picked this product up at Walmart for 2.99$ I love the smell and taste of the lipbalm but it doesn't sink into my lips and isn't long lasting. The packaging is different but cool. I think ill stick to my aveeno though because it stays longer and gives my lips a nice shine. Disappointed.

on 1/16/2011 12:34:00 AM

Of all the EOS lipbalm i owned ( I have all three), this is the only one I can say works. It actually moisturizes my lips. Love the scent and also the fact that it has spf 15 is great.

on 1/13/2011 8:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Bought this on a road trip because I wanted some SPF (being in the car with the sun beating down on me all day) and needed some moisture. While the packaging is *awesome* and the sweet lemon smell/taste divine, I found the overall performance very meh, and will not repurchase. No moisture. NONE. Actually felt like it dried out my lips. No thanks. Burts Bees SPF balm is loads better, as is Karite Shea.

on 1/13/2011 8:11:00 AM

Didn't care for flavor, balm didn't last at all. Loved the packaging. Will turn back to ChapStick's Lip Butter - love how it lasts.

on 1/13/2011 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This lip balm definitely moisturizes my lips. I started out with dry, cracked lips and after a few days of applying this, they are so smooth and pretty. I will buy it again! I do find myself reapplying every half hour or so, but I don't mind because this thing smells yummy and I like opening the little egg lol.

Popular Lip Treatments