Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Isododecane, Propylene Glycol, Diisocetyl Dodecanedioate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Nylon 12, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Talc, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Carbonate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-): (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i absolutely love this concealer! this and the mineral power concealer by maybelline are my two favorite concealers by maybelline. i usually layer my concealers, but these two cover up most of my dark circles, bags, & discoloration. i set them both with my mac studio fix powder or my msf natural. (:

on 3/15/2011 3:18:00 AM

At first I didn't like this concealer. I thought it looked cakey. Then I realized I was using it wrong, and now I quite like it. What I was doing wrong was that I was applying way too much. I'm used to applying my liquid concealer in dots on areas of concern, then waiting a while til it dries a bit so I won't blend it right away, and then blending all these dots. This concealer starts to dry as soon as you put it on, so you have to apply & blend right away before going on to the next area. I actually prefer this as it saves me time waiting for it to dry. Also, you really only need a little bit of product. It's a seriously small amount of product compared to what I use in other concealers. Yet the coverage of this is better than any other concealer I've tried. The fact that you only need so little is both a good and a bad thing. Obviously it's very economical and it means the coverage is great, but it's also very easy to overdo it and if you do you'll be stuck with a cakey look.
For me it does not settle into lines under my eyes and it stays put all day. It does however accentuate flakes. I don't usually have any flakiness so I don't mind, but if you do then I would not recommend this. I mainly use this on my face. It looks fine under my eyes as well but I prefer my gosh concealer for that as it is a bit creamier.
I have this in the color 2 light/beige clair, which is a good match for me (fair skin with neutral to yellow undertones). I use the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in 8 golden sand in summer and 3 in winter, also good match.
The packaging is fine. It's not exceptionally pretty but it is functional. It feels sturdy, the product does not spill over the top when used and the applicator picks up the right amount of product.
The price is reasonable too. I paid 8 euros I think. I think that is very decent for a concealer with such good coverage.
Overall, after a rough start I ended up really liking this product. It dries fast so I don't have to wait anymore, you only need a very little amount so it's economical, if you don't apply too much it looks natural, the coverage is the best I've seen so far and it stays put all day. The downfall is that it's easy to overdo and then it will look cakey. It also accentuates flakes and I probably would not recommend this for people with dry skin.

on 3/11/2011 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I brought this in 'Cream' to use as an under-eye concealer as I needed a new one. The formula is quite thick so it wasn't ideal to use for the under-eye area. It went on pretty smoothly, and blended away into my skin. I wouldn't use this again for the eye area as it did cake up around there, and settled into my lines. I did also use this on some red areas on my face, and on blemishes, and that really helped to brighten up my face. I will use up what I have left, but won't repurchase. Still in search for a good drugstore concealer!

on 3/4/2011 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I tried the peachy-pink shade for my undereye circles. Pigmentation-wise this covers them better than most d/s concealers I've tried. It also blends pretty seamlessly with my skintone.

The biggest issue I have with this product is the cakiness. It goes on pretty smoothly at first but it dries pretty quickly.

By the end of the day it still covers my dark circles, but it looks pretty cakey and seems to settle into fine lines. I've tried moisturizing my undereye are with Clinique underye moisturizer but it still cakes on me. I've applying with just a brush, just fingers, and a combination of applying with a brush then patting it down with my finger.

If it wasn't for the cakiness, I would've found my HG concealer.

on 3/1/2011 8:30:00 PM

I use this for my under-eye area. It does a pretty good job for me. The only problem is that I REALLY have to moisturize, because the formula is a little bit drying. So dry-skinned girls should stay away.

Great coverage, long lasting & blends well. Will repurchase.

on 2/24/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

LOVE IT!

Really thick and cakey, DISGUSTING CONCEALER!

on 2/22/2011 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this super cheap concealer under my eyes and it never creases or fades. It can dry a bit quickly, so I just blend it out before it sets. It reminds me of MAC Pro Longwear concealer. This also lasts all day and photographs well with no flash under your eyes. It covers a multitude of sins... even scars and acne.

on 2/19/2011 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had this concealer back in 2009. My review for "superstay" was written back then. This one was written recently about that 2009 experience. It is now Nov of 2011 & I picked up this product again. I have to say that it really isn't a "superstay" concealer. Yes it covers and stays on most of the day. I apply concealer around 1pm and don't get home till midnight. By about lunch time (7pm) this is gone from my pimples (yet it stays around the pimple) and my under eye circles (causing them to look worse). I've searched and I still haven't found a HG concealer that stays for the 11hrs for me.

Edit (11/28/11): I tried applying a super moisturizing body lotion under my eyes, let that sink in, and then apply this. Yes it works better and doesn't cake as bad. Does it cover the circles? Enough where I don't look like a zombie but not enough to look like I've slept well. I feel like I tried applying this every which way (tried different primers- eyeshadow primers & face primers) along with trying different moisturizers & concealers together with this. In the long run I just can't make this work. It does not last at all on pimples (I use the new L'Oreal Visible lift pen concealer for those & the redness around my nose- it stays all day). Still haven't found something decent for my eyes. Wish I could.

on 2/12/2011 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I did not buy the right shade, it was wayyyyyyyy 2 light. It dried really fast and left my skin dry and cakey. Never again!!