December 22, 2014 | 1293 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I had this concealer back in 2009. My review for "superstay" was written back then. This one was written recently about that 2009 experience. It is now Nov of 2011 & I picked up this product again. I have to say that it really isn't a "superstay" concealer. Yes it covers and stays on most of the day. I apply concealer around 1pm and don't get home till midnight. By about lunch time (7pm) this is gone from my pimples (yet it stays around the pimple) and my under eye circles (causing them to look worse). I've searched and I still haven't found a HG concealer that stays for the 11hrs for me.

Edit (11/28/11): I tried applying a super moisturizing body lotion under my eyes, let that sink in, and then apply this. Yes it works better and doesn't cake as bad. Does it cover the circles? Enough where I don't look like a zombie but not enough to look like I've slept well. I feel like I tried applying this every which way (tried different primers- eyeshadow primers & face primers) along with trying different moisturizers & concealers together with this. In the long run I just can't make this work. It does not last at all on pimples (I use the new L'Oreal Visible lift pen concealer for those & the redness around my nose- it stays all day). Still haven't found something decent for my eyes. Wish I could.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by channy40

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not buy the right shade, it was wayyyyyyyy 2 light. It dried really fast and left my skin dry and cakey. Never again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by riceball406

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not really good for under eyes. My main complaint is it easily cakes and doesn't super blend. Its not a bad concealer besides that and also doesn't live up necessarily to lasting long.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by portakalis

I loved this product, I paid nearly half of what I paid for my previous concealers. It really covers my dark circles. But you should put and spread it quickly. It has the mix texture of cream&liquid concealer. before applying make sure you moisturize your eye area well. hope you enjoy this product like me :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Yenmi

I bought this product a while ago. When I apply it just on my skin it looks SO cakey and it dries up really fast. I just blend it with foundation and then it's all fine :D It conceals just fine :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

Great value and it does what it says it will do on the packet...apart from lasting 24 hours! Good range of shades and excellent coverage. Lasts well, if not the full 24 hours it promises, but I challenge any concealer to do that, especially around the mouth area! Good buy. restores my faith in Maybelline!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by makeupfeverobessiveness

I quite like this product as it does what it says, though it does define my dry acne so I try not to put any on near that area.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by ncdc83

HG concealer, the only concealer that has consistently covered up acne/scars well AND stay pit throughout the day on my oily skin. The price is right and it's oil free. Alhough some have said it's hard to spread out, not so for me. I use sephora's #47 foundation brush to blend. Excellent value and coverage, especially compared to the more expensive brands.

Update: back to UD 24/7 concealer, I didn't realize (until a very kind person, in a very nice way, let me know) that the color didnt match me at all :-/ I really noticed flipping through some pictures. Aye, too bad! If it matches your skin tone, great, if not, good luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by ikandayy

This concealer seems to work well and live up to it's "24hr" claim but it has way too much pink undertones (medium beige) in it to blend well into my skin. However, I use it as a eyeshadow primer and it works great. Makes my eyeshadow stay on all day without any creasing and because it is a concealer, it gives me the true color of my shadows. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by beany2788

I LOVE THIS CONCEALER!!! <3 I used to use the MAC studio sculpt concealer and it would be gone after 20 minutes of applying my makeup. this concealer goes on liquidy but sets quickly. I use "light" for my under eye circles, and "cream" for my blemishes, and its perfect. I apply with the does foot applicator it comes with (similar packaging to MAC select moisture cover) and blend with a QUO crease brush (similar to MAC 224). I will never buy MAC concealer again now that I have this concealer in my life :).