Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Isododecane, Propylene Glycol, Diisocetyl Dodecanedioate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Nylon 12, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Talc, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Carbonate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-): (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 5/8/2011 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Ivory 10, the lightest shade. I don't have the worst dark circles, but have alot of blemishes and redness that needs that extra coverage. This is great for that. It is easy to use and blends away but not very build-able. I find it cakes up fairly easily so I can only use the slightest bit. I'm not too fond of the packaging, makes it harder to get every last drop of concealer out which is the only reason why I wouldn't buy again.

on 5/7/2011 3:23:00 PM

I've been using this concealer for about a week now and love it! It really does stay on ALL day long, it just doesn't budge and it really does have excellent coverage and a matte finish. I like this better than mac's select coverage concealer because this one conceals better. The trick to using this is to blend immediately. It does begin to dry as soon as it hits your skin which I am sure has something to do with it's staying power. Just dab the tiniest amount and blend with finger.

on 4/26/2011 2:35:00 PM

I love this concealer! I use it everyday to conceal uneven skin and occasional breakouts. The wand works perfectly for application, use a fluffy brush to blend. If you put too much on it gives you a very cakey effect though. Not good for coverage under your eyes.

on 3/23/2011 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I think this stuff works great under my eyes. It is somewhat drying and i dont usually have to set this with powder. And it does last a VERY long time. I work 12 hour shifts and when I get home, i dont look sleepy. Everyone wonders why i dont look tired all the time! Love it. Possibly a HG product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i absolutely love this concealer! this and the mineral power concealer by maybelline are my two favorite concealers by maybelline. i usually layer my concealers, but these two cover up most of my dark circles, bags, & discoloration. i set them both with my mac studio fix powder or my msf natural. (:

on 3/15/2011 3:18:00 AM

At first I didn't like this concealer. I thought it looked cakey. Then I realized I was using it wrong, and now I quite like it. What I was doing wrong was that I was applying way too much. I'm used to applying my liquid concealer in dots on areas of concern, then waiting a while til it dries a bit so I won't blend it right away, and then blending all these dots. This concealer starts to dry as soon as you put it on, so you have to apply & blend right away before going on to the next area. I actually prefer this as it saves me time waiting for it to dry. Also, you really only need a little bit of product. It's a seriously small amount of product compared to what I use in other concealers. Yet the coverage of this is better than any other concealer I've tried. The fact that you only need so little is both a good and a bad thing. Obviously it's very economical and it means the coverage is great, but it's also very easy to overdo it and if you do you'll be stuck with a cakey look.
For me it does not settle into lines under my eyes and it stays put all day. It does however accentuate flakes. I don't usually have any flakiness so I don't mind, but if you do then I would not recommend this. I mainly use this on my face. It looks fine under my eyes as well but I prefer my gosh concealer for that as it is a bit creamier.
I have this in the color 2 light/beige clair, which is a good match for me (fair skin with neutral to yellow undertones). I use the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in 8 golden sand in summer and 3 in winter, also good match.
The packaging is fine. It's not exceptionally pretty but it is functional. It feels sturdy, the product does not spill over the top when used and the applicator picks up the right amount of product.
The price is reasonable too. I paid 8 euros I think. I think that is very decent for a concealer with such good coverage.
Overall, after a rough start I ended up really liking this product. It dries fast so I don't have to wait anymore, you only need a very little amount so it's economical, if you don't apply too much it looks natural, the coverage is the best I've seen so far and it stays put all day. The downfall is that it's easy to overdo and then it will look cakey. It also accentuates flakes and I probably would not recommend this for people with dry skin.

on 3/11/2011 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I brought this in 'Cream' to use as an under-eye concealer as I needed a new one. The formula is quite thick so it wasn't ideal to use for the under-eye area. It went on pretty smoothly, and blended away into my skin. I wouldn't use this again for the eye area as it did cake up around there, and settled into my lines. I did also use this on some red areas on my face, and on blemishes, and that really helped to brighten up my face. I will use up what I have left, but won't repurchase. Still in search for a good drugstore concealer!

on 3/4/2011 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I tried the peachy-pink shade for my undereye circles. Pigmentation-wise this covers them better than most d/s concealers I've tried. It also blends pretty seamlessly with my skintone.

The biggest issue I have with this product is the cakiness. It goes on pretty smoothly at first but it dries pretty quickly.

By the end of the day it still covers my dark circles, but it looks pretty cakey and seems to settle into fine lines. I've tried moisturizing my undereye are with Clinique underye moisturizer but it still cakes on me. I've applying with just a brush, just fingers, and a combination of applying with a brush then patting it down with my finger.

If it wasn't for the cakiness, I would've found my HG concealer.

on 3/1/2011 8:30:00 PM

I use this for my under-eye area. It does a pretty good job for me. The only problem is that I REALLY have to moisturize, because the formula is a little bit drying. So dry-skinned girls should stay away.

Great coverage, long lasting & blends well. Will repurchase.

on 2/24/2011 9:40:00 PM