Lucy Minerals Foundation

4.2

zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple Poly polyphenols, resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

My 100th review!!!! Not to many people know about this foundation i guess, but they should because its a really great product! I use this for work days, it gives you good coverage, its fast to apply, and has great staying power! On the website you can get samples before you spend the $15 bucks on a full size. The samples are very generous they will last a while because you really only need a little bit of this to get great coverage! Will keep buying this!!!

on 7/7/2010 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This review is for the foundation with Silica in it.

Most mineral foundation tend to accentuate my large pores and lines I never knew I have. I have oily combination skin and my humid environment doesn't help either.

Lucy Minerals foundation with Silica goes on my face like a dream. I mean, it's sooooo creamy and easy to blend. It has one of the best, if not, the MOST BEAUTIFUL finish I have ever seen in any mineral foundation. Superbly smooth and natural looking with a matte finish, it also has excellent coverage (medium - heavy). Having said that, it also feels quite lightweight.

Here's the bad part. It doesn't seem to last too well around my nose area where it's oily, even with the new formulation. Also, Medium Golden is the closest I could get. While the color depth is perfect, I need more yellow and less golden really.

I won't be repurchasing this despite the incredible texture and finish that I love, unless they come up with a stronger yellow based shade :/

on 6/26/2010 11:02:00 AM

Absolutely outstanding!!!!! Best mmu I have ever used! I challenge all mineral mu people to give this a try!It melts into the skin a few mintues after application creating a beautifulsatin finish that does not look greasy at all.I put a primer on first,let that settle in & then apply this with my 182-right now I am using a sample of "Golden Medium" to blend with my freckles which gives me a tan look.I bought the full size "Creamy Bisque" for my normal skin tone(NC 25-30).This foundation also includes Vitamin C& other antioxidants,it lasts the entire day with a primer(no other mmu including EDM,Prescriptives,BE,Aromaleigh has lasted the whole day even with a primer),finish is similar to Chanel Pro Lumiere.I really think this is worth a try since sample sizes are so reasonable -also this contains sunscreen!!Go to the website & check it out!!!

on 6/6/2010 2:11:00 AM

I first tried Lucy Minerals in the original coffeeberry extract formula and was quite pleased to find a true match in Light. My sample lasted about 2 months with almost daily use. I purchased a full size before the formula was changed. During the excellent Spring stock-up sale, I really did stock up on the new formula. I have to say it's even better than the original. It feels so creamy, and applies smoothly with the Ultimate flat top buffer. I have rosacea and you can't tell with this foundation. It covers so well and lasts all day. I am thrilled to find such a great product at a most reasonable price (with free shipping, too). I've never been able to say it before, but I now have a HG mineral makeup.

on 5/31/2010 11:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this foundation, the shade I selected was a tad bit too light in "Light" but in the winter time it would be a good match. I will re buy in a shade darker. It's creamy and has enough coverage where a concealer isn't neccesary. The finish is glowy and makes my skin look so smooth. I've noticed my skin feels and looks healthier. If you love mineral foundations give this a try and if you're new to minerals this is a wonderful place to start.
UPDATE: I now am using in the shade "Bisque" which is a close to perfect match on my light w/ golden undertones skin. The shade looks darker than it actually is because they use a high content of zinc oxide. Love how it melts into my face, and my skin is behaving so well ! Good in humidity and is water resistant, it also has anti oxidants which seemed to be helping :D

Update: Well I still like this foundation a lot but in the winter, it's quite drying and will emphasize each flake, and patch of dry skin. It's not a Holy Grail anymore. So I will keep this for the summer, but I've had to stop since my skin is so dry and this makes me skin look really patchy and weird!! I moisturized, and used a mist but it didn't work for this weather.

on 5/29/2010 3:37:00 AM

This is my favorite foundation in the entire world. It is absolutely my HG and I would go on an Arthurian quest to find it.

My skin used to be a nightmare. I assumed I was just cursed with bad skin and layered on Everyday Minerals foundation to cover up my blemishes. The more foundation I used, the worse my skin got. It was a vicious cycle of suckitude. Eventually I made the connection between my foundation and the volcanic zits covering my face and started looking for a new brand. Enter Lucy Minerals. Their foundation in Light turned out to be a pretty good match. (I'm NC15-ish, former EM Buff Fair Neutral. Light is a little bit too dark, so I mix in some Snow White and it looks perfect. It doesn't oxidize on me like most MMU does.) After a month of using this my skin started clearing up. I got some of this company's Ambrosia Serum and now, about five months later, my skin looks the best it has since I hit puberty.

This foundation can look cakey until you get the hang of applying it. Personally, I stipple it on with an E.L.F. powder brush (the flat kind). I start at the outside of my face and work my way in, because it can look powdery around my nose. You really don't need much to get a lot of coverage. It's also important to moisturize before using it. If you have large pores, a primer might be necessary.

Sorry for the novel. I'm just so in love with this stuff! If I was any good at poetry I'd write an ode to it. The owner of the company is super helpful, too.

TL;DR: Try it!

on 5/10/2010 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I can't recommend this enough. It's the mmu I've been looking over 2 years for: full coverage, yet not a dry, powdery look. The finish is almost dewy w/o being shiny. I am PPP with a lot of pink in my skin. The fair was too light, the bisque too yellow but the light was a dead match for my neck. And the last was so good, I hated to take it off at the end of the day. I have ordered the full size and hope they keep it coming because I will surely reorder.

Please see my review for Miracle Soap, the cleanser Annie rec's also.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I'm really pale and have always had trouble finding foundation and/or powder that would match my skin. I used to use regular foundations and they made my face yellowish which was quite terrible.

Lucy Minerals' foundation is the second mineral foundation I have tried and my search is finally over! The powders in 'fine' are a perfect match. The texture is nice and you only need a tiny amount to get a nice even complexion.

LOVE it, ordered the full size & now I'm waiting for it to arrive. Definitely going to repurchase!

on 5/4/2010 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Lucy is my second mineral foundation and I don't have to look further for any other brand. It is just working sooo well. Previously I was using EDM (mix of Fawn and Winged Butter in matte/semi-matte). From Lucy I'm wearing Cream in Original. The samples are really generous and the foundation is highly concentrated, so a little amount is sufficient to cover whole face. The lasting power is excellent, for me there is no need to put any finisher over the foundation, I'm not getting oily, event after few hours. But there is one very impotant thing - you have to find a good primer (I mean cream or something "under"). It cannot be too heavy, just something very light. After changing my base cream I had some problems with Lucy, because it was way too nutrituous and thick. Now I am back to a mix of hialuronic acid with a drop od baby lotion and Lucy is beautiful on my skin.
In my oppinion Lucy is worth at least to give her a try (but I've also heard of such a dichotomy: you love it or you hate it, so I can feel lucky).

I am not rating the package as long as I use a sample (it's 3rd week and still there's a lot in a baggie), although yesterday I made a big order.

on 4/19/2010 8:18:00 PM

This is seriously the best foundation I have ever used. I used to use Everyday Minerals foundation in Golden Fawn, but refuse to buy from them any more because I don't feel they are a trustworthy company and also because they have changed their ingredients.

Fortunately, I have found the Lucy Minerals foundation to be far superior to EDM! Lucy Minerals foundation contains a large amount of Zinc Oxide which is great for UV protection and very soothing to the skin. It also contains Allantoin which is another very soothing ingredient. Additionally it contains Vitamin C and antioxidants which have helped my skin tremendously.

With EDM, I used to have to take days off from wearing it and struggled with breakouts, clogged pores and other irritation. With Lucy Minerals, my skin actually does better if I wear it every day.

Lucy Minerals foundation in Cream works very well for me, and is similar to EDM's Golden Fawn color. LM has also come out with two different oil control formulas which contain either Calcium Carbonate or Silica as the oil controlling ingredient. I have tried both, but find that my skin's oil production has balanced out nicely with the regular formula... and sometimes using a drying oil control formula just makes my skin produce more oil.

Lucy Minerals also has a formula called "light" that leaves out the Vitamin C, antioxidants and Allantoin for those that are allergy prone and want the minimum amount of ingredients.

The coverage of LM foundation is excellent and staying power is also excellent (as long as I'm careful not to rub my face a lot during the day.)

I prefer to apply it to my blotchier/redder areas with an eye kabuki brush, and then go over my entire face with a light dusting of LM foundation with my flat top kabuki.

Because the coverage is so great, you don't need very much at all. Some people apply it too heavily and then find it to be cakey. I have never had that problem at all, but that may be because of the way I apply it.

As with all mineral makeup, it also helps if your skin is a nice, smooth canvas. Please see my review of the Wonder Cloth and Organic Coconut Oil which had made my skin the best it's ever been! It is best to make sure any oil or moisturizer has sunk in before applying foundation.

If you apply the foundation with a flat top or large kabuki, you may find that you need to stipple it an area before gently sweeping it on to keep from getting too much in one spot. Some also find it's helpful to wait a few minutes after applying and then sweep their kabuki on over their face to make sure the application is nice and smooth.

Also please note that this foundation does not need to be buffed into the skin like foundations containing Bismuth Oxychloride do (Bare Minerals.) Sweeping it on gently looks best and is much better for your skin because you're not smashing the minerals into your pores.

Also, as with most mineral foundations, the color will darken a tiny bit after the first 15-20 minutes, so wait a bit before judging the color.

Samples are very generous. They come in a 5 gram jar with a sifter and are completely filled, which results in about 1 gram of product. They are only $1.50 including shipping, though the owner (Annie) has recently added an order minimum of $6.00.

As I mentioned, I used to use Everyday Minerals Golden Fawn, and Lucy Minerals in Cream is an excellent match for me.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!