February 1, 2015 | 1645 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Lauren_P

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried Lucy Minerals in the original coffeeberry extract formula and was quite pleased to find a true match in Light. My sample lasted about 2 months with almost daily use. I purchased a full size before the formula was changed. During the excellent Spring stock-up sale, I really did stock up on the new formula. I have to say it's even better than the original. It feels so creamy, and applies smoothly with the Ultimate flat top buffer. I have rosacea and you can't tell with this foundation. It covers so well and lasts all day. I am thrilled to find such a great product at a most reasonable price (with free shipping, too). I've never been able to say it before, but I now have a HG mineral makeup.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, the shade I selected was a tad bit too light in "Light" but in the winter time it would be a good match. I will re buy in a shade darker. It's creamy and has enough coverage where a concealer isn't neccesary. The finish is glowy and makes my skin look so smooth. I've noticed my skin feels and looks healthier. If you love mineral foundations give this a try and if you're new to minerals this is a wonderful place to start.
UPDATE: I now am using in the shade "Bisque" which is a close to perfect match on my light w/ golden undertones skin. The shade looks darker than it actually is because they use a high content of zinc oxide. Love how it melts into my face, and my skin is behaving so well ! Good in humidity and is water resistant, it also has anti oxidants which seemed to be helping :D

Update: Well I still like this foundation a lot but in the winter, it's quite drying and will emphasize each flake, and patch of dry skin. It's not a Holy Grail anymore. So I will keep this for the summer, but I've had to stop since my skin is so dry and this makes me skin look really patchy and weird!! I moisturized, and used a mist but it didn't work for this weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by sirthursday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite foundation in the entire world. It is absolutely my HG and I would go on an Arthurian quest to find it.

My skin used to be a nightmare. I assumed I was just cursed with bad skin and layered on Everyday Minerals foundation to cover up my blemishes. The more foundation I used, the worse my skin got. It was a vicious cycle of suckitude. Eventually I made the connection between my foundation and the volcanic zits covering my face and started looking for a new brand. Enter Lucy Minerals. Their foundation in Light turned out to be a pretty good match. (I'm NC15-ish, former EM Buff Fair Neutral. Light is a little bit too dark, so I mix in some Snow White and it looks perfect. It doesn't oxidize on me like most MMU does.) After a month of using this my skin started clearing up. I got some of this company's Ambrosia Serum and now, about five months later, my skin looks the best it has since I hit puberty.

This foundation can look cakey until you get the hang of applying it. Personally, I stipple it on with an E.L.F. powder brush (the flat kind). I start at the outside of my face and work my way in, because it can look powdery around my nose. You really don't need much to get a lot of coverage. It's also important to moisturize before using it. If you have large pores, a primer might be necessary.

Sorry for the novel. I'm just so in love with this stuff! If I was any good at poetry I'd write an ode to it. The owner of the company is super helpful, too.

TL;DR: Try it!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't recommend this enough. It's the mmu I've been looking over 2 years for: full coverage, yet not a dry, powdery look. The finish is almost dewy w/o being shiny. I am PPP with a lot of pink in my skin. The fair was too light, the bisque too yellow but the light was a dead match for my neck. And the last was so good, I hated to take it off at the end of the day. I have ordered the full size and hope they keep it coming because I will surely reorder.

Please see my review for Miracle Soap, the cleanser Annie rec's also.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by dechlorinate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm really pale and have always had trouble finding foundation and/or powder that would match my skin. I used to use regular foundations and they made my face yellowish which was quite terrible.

Lucy Minerals' foundation is the second mineral foundation I have tried and my search is finally over! The powders in 'fine' are a perfect match. The texture is nice and you only need a tiny amount to get a nice even complexion.

LOVE it, ordered the full size & now I'm waiting for it to arrive. Definitely going to repurchase!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by nadzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lucy is my second mineral foundation and I don't have to look further for any other brand. It is just working sooo well. Previously I was using EDM (mix of Fawn and Winged Butter in matte/semi-matte). From Lucy I'm wearing Cream in Original. The samples are really generous and the foundation is highly concentrated, so a little amount is sufficient to cover whole face. The lasting power is excellent, for me there is no need to put any finisher over the foundation, I'm not getting oily, event after few hours. But there is one very impotant thing - you have to find a good primer (I mean cream or something "under"). It cannot be too heavy, just something very light. After changing my base cream I had some problems with Lucy, because it was way too nutrituous and thick. Now I am back to a mix of hialuronic acid with a drop od baby lotion and Lucy is beautiful on my skin.
In my oppinion Lucy is worth at least to give her a try (but I've also heard of such a dichotomy: you love it or you hate it, so I can feel lucky).

I am not rating the package as long as I use a sample (it's 3rd week and still there's a lot in a baggie), although yesterday I made a big order.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by marie1111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is seriously the best foundation I have ever used. I used to use Everyday Minerals foundation in Golden Fawn, but refuse to buy from them any more because I don't feel they are a trustworthy company and also because they have changed their ingredients.

Fortunately, I have found the Lucy Minerals foundation to be far superior to EDM! Lucy Minerals foundation contains a large amount of Zinc Oxide which is great for UV protection and very soothing to the skin. It also contains Allantoin which is another very soothing ingredient. Additionally it contains Vitamin C and antioxidants which have helped my skin tremendously.

With EDM, I used to have to take days off from wearing it and struggled with breakouts, clogged pores and other irritation. With Lucy Minerals, my skin actually does better if I wear it every day.

Lucy Minerals foundation in Cream works very well for me, and is similar to EDM's Golden Fawn color. LM has also come out with two different oil control formulas which contain either Calcium Carbonate or Silica as the oil controlling ingredient. I have tried both, but find that my skin's oil production has balanced out nicely with the regular formula... and sometimes using a drying oil control formula just makes my skin produce more oil.

Lucy Minerals also has a formula called "light" that leaves out the Vitamin C, antioxidants and Allantoin for those that are allergy prone and want the minimum amount of ingredients.

The coverage of LM foundation is excellent and staying power is also excellent (as long as I'm careful not to rub my face a lot during the day.)

I prefer to apply it to my blotchier/redder areas with an eye kabuki brush, and then go over my entire face with a light dusting of LM foundation with my flat top kabuki.

Because the coverage is so great, you don't need very much at all. Some people apply it too heavily and then find it to be cakey. I have never had that problem at all, but that may be because of the way I apply it.

As with all mineral makeup, it also helps if your skin is a nice, smooth canvas. Please see my review of the Wonder Cloth and Organic Coconut Oil which had made my skin the best it's ever been! It is best to make sure any oil or moisturizer has sunk in before applying foundation.

If you apply the foundation with a flat top or large kabuki, you may find that you need to stipple it an area before gently sweeping it on to keep from getting too much in one spot. Some also find it's helpful to wait a few minutes after applying and then sweep their kabuki on over their face to make sure the application is nice and smooth.

Also please note that this foundation does not need to be buffed into the skin like foundations containing Bismuth Oxychloride do (Bare Minerals.) Sweeping it on gently looks best and is much better for your skin because you're not smashing the minerals into your pores.

Also, as with most mineral foundations, the color will darken a tiny bit after the first 15-20 minutes, so wait a bit before judging the color.

Samples are very generous. They come in a 5 gram jar with a sifter and are completely filled, which results in about 1 gram of product. They are only $1.50 including shipping, though the owner (Annie) has recently added an order minimum of $6.00.

As I mentioned, I used to use Everyday Minerals Golden Fawn, and Lucy Minerals in Cream is an excellent match for me.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!

26 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by imergo

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NC30 and using a sample size of Creamy Bisque (so can't comment on packaging). Golden Medium is too dark and orange for me and Bisque is too light and pink. I love the feel and finish of this foundation - it does seem more "creamy," insofar as a powder can be creamy, and less dry looking than some other mineral foundations I have tried. Using a primer, like the Monistat anti-chafing gel or L'Oreal Studio Secrets underneath helps to smooth out large pores. I apply with the ELF Studio Kabuki for light coverage and the ELF Studio Powder Brush (a flat top) for heavier. Planning to order full size when my sample runs out.

UPDATE: Since my original review, Lucy Minerals has released Olive shades. Olive Medium is a better match for me than Creamy Bisque.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by carlito8846

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg. I LOVE this stuff!
Best customer service I've ever experienced. -Free Shipping-.
The samples are very generous and have lasted me for quite a long time.
I have Cream and it is the perfect match for my skin, something I've never been able to find in a foundation.
It feels like I don't have any makeup on!
I love all the added nutrients that are in it and no parabens! Water-resistant, holds up great under any conditions.
Doesn't irritate my skin at all and I have the most acne prone skin -ever-. Free from bismuth oxychloride, talc, fragrance or preservatives. And it's hand-blended by the wonderful Annie who is just the sweetest dear ever.Check out her website at www.lucyminerals.com
It is so worth it and once I run out of my super generous sample, I'm ordering more!

Update 3/8/14:

From my first review AGES ago, my skin has improved ten-fold. However, I still have scaring and some breakout on my chin, forehead, and cheeks. For a while, I fell off the Lucy Minerals track. I re-found it when going through my stash and fell in love with it all over again. It gives me coverage without making it look like I have makeup on. It looks and feels so natural. It doesn't even feel like I have makeup on! It doesn't break me out, doesn't make me dry, and because the ingredients are so natural, I feel better having it on my skin all day. I have happily repurchased!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by susu42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with the previous poster as this foundation is very good the texture and coverage is amazing and the owner is very nice quick shipping if a foundation can stand up to Florida humidity then its a keeper however the one dissapointment for me was she didnt have a shade deep enough for my venus williamans color complexion hopefully in the future she may add more deeper colors for us darker skinned ladie but for those who are lighter its money well spent, plus she sells sample sizes which are generous enough for you to know if you like it or not

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No