August 2, 2014 | 1569 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by saint1

This stuff is okay... but it creases like a mofo!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by LynneNeary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. After about 12 hours I do start to get some creases but if I run my finger over them, they go away. I should add that this is supposed to be used under eyeshadow AND concealer. I haven't tried it under concealer I don't think I would. I originally got a sample of this at Sephora and fell in love. The sample had a "doe foot" applicator. Unfortunately, I assumed that the full sized one did too. Nope. It's a pump. No matter how hard I try I always get out too much and waste it. I just pump some into the little sample bottle. So far so good ;o) There is quite a bit in the full size and you only need a tiny bit. The price I felt was high, but this really will last me forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like "Stay, Don't Stray" at all. It doesn't last as an eyeshadow primer, but its a little better as a base for undereye concealer. The tube is messy and wastes alot of the product. I don't remember, but this product cost somewhere between $18-30...so not cheap at all. I would definitely NOT re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Beachblonde2986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the adorable packaging from benefit, and have been a big fan of benefit products for years now. I was not impressed with stay don't stray at all. I had high hopes that this would really keep my under eye concealer and eye shadow in place. Boy was I wrong! By 4pm my concealer was practically gone and looked just like I did before I bought this product. As for the eye shadow... It still creased. Not quite as much, but still did. The packaging may be cute, but the pump dispenses way too much product, leaving a lot wasted. Bottom line is spend your $24 on some other product that actually works!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by tamingtinuviel

I loved this primer when I first tried it in a deluxe sample size. It worked well as a basic shadow primer allowing minimal creasing. It has a light but substantial texture and a beautiful natural and brightening color for fair to medium skin tones. I found that it worked well as a brightener in the inner corners of the eye and as a primer for just below the lower lash line. It also is not "dry" at all, like MAC's paints and paint pots can be (I freelance for MAC and those are the products I have access to the most), and not as slippery as MAC's prep+prime eye.

I thought I had found another good basic primer UNTIL I purchased the full size which has a messy pump dispenser. It is difficult to overstate how much product this dispenser wastes and what a mess it is for personal use because of this. The deluxe size had a soft-tip wand on a screw-top lid that was cushy and perfect for personal direct-to-the-skin application. I returned the full-size and will only buy this when I can find it in the mini size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

I think this is a nice primer/base. It works very well on me. No creasing and i like the light tint it has so it also works as a base.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product to help brighten my eye area and as a primer to prevent concealer from creasing and fading. I suffer from hereditary dark circles that are difficult to conceal. My skin tends to be dry and sensitive, so many products tend to irritate my skin, cause flaking, and/or draw more attention to the under eye circle problem. This product caused no irritation or dryness. I am pleased with the brightening effect. Concealer lasts without creasing or fading. I am using this in combination with the Benefit Erase Paste and Amazing Cosmetics concealer and see a marked, positive difference compared to other products. The packaging leaves little to be desired. The pump dislodges too much product, creating unnecessary waste. A little of this product goes a long way. Applying too much creates a creased, caked look that emphasizes fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so shocked this product has bad reviews, I purchased it under the belief that MUA loved it after seeing good things on the boards.
Anyway, my heart sank when I saw the bad reviews of this product, I considered taking it back untouched but what it claimed to offer peaked my curiosity so I went ahead and tried it (nb - in the UK we cannot return cosmetics). The results of me trying this out are I'm happy to say, positive!! I am so glad that I did!! This stuff is a keeper. Basically, I have trichotillomania and as a result, no top eyelashes, I also have under eye circles and find that my makeup smudges around my eyes as the day goes on which is not a pretty look!
I have used this for a few days now and it holds up my eyeshadow brilliantly, I'm very pale and this doubles as an all round concealer for me which is amazing!! I pat this on all around my eyes and it stops smudges (mostly but not all), covers discolouration and acts as a wonderful base for eyeshadow and liner! I put a spot of highlighter under my eyes on top of this and I'm good to go!! Star product!!
I can see that peoples main issue is the packaging, I adore it, it's space saving, cute and I like the pump bottle (although can't see how much is left!!) - the pump can easily dispense way too much but I find that if I'm just really light when I press it down I get a decent sized blob out that will just cover both eyes and my brow space. I suppose having considered the wider consumer market, I can see why people hate this, but for my particular situation, this is perfect and I hope they never ever stop making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I have dark circles that show through even when using corrector. Using this, before corrector or concealer or even foundation underneath my eyes, has been a must have for me. It keeps my concealer in place, might be helping with whatever I put on top not to settle into fine lines...not sure. I've been layering this with lots of different concealers & correctors but the best I've found so far is this, then foundation, then YSL Touche Eclat, then a light dusting of Laura Mericer brightening powder. Lots of products, but loving the results. My undereye area is the biggest issue I have in terms of what I need to cover when I do my makeup. Not only do I have dark circles on fair skin, but I also have fine lines going on. I use as eyeshadow primer ONLY when too much product comes out. It isn't the best eyeshadow primer because I've noticed my eyeshadows will crease after about 4 hours. The packaging could be improved because it's difficult to control how much product you get no matter how slow you try to push down the pump. Good stuff! Highly recommend for anyone who has issues with concealer wearing off throughout the day and/or has fine lines under the eyes. I should note that when I apply it, I always use my ring finger to smooth out & pat on.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Island77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use Benefit's FYeye, as it created quite a nice bare canvas for shadow and liner. Compared to FYeye, this one is not very good. My shadow creased part way through the day, and did not create a very nice base for my shadow. Too bad...