BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

on 4/15/2011 5:41:00 PM

i have been using this since it came out and absolutely love it.
in fairness, it is the first eye primer i've used, so i can't compare it to others, but my eyeshadow used to last a couple of hours before it would have creased and disappeared. now i put it on in the morning... and totally forget about it; it really works.
the only downside is that i find it can look a bit heavy under the eye as a concealer, and it is supposed to do both. but as an eye primer, i've been totally pleased.

on 4/7/2011 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I like this product and it is a very good primer and concealer, but it is very drying and doesn't go on smoothly like Urban Decay's primer potion (which is not as good a primer as Benefit's Stay Don't Stay). It is also inconvenient to use because the product is very concentrated and the pump dispenses way too much product. I will use the rest of the product, but after it runs out I will try a different primer.

on 3/31/2011 4:39:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this product! I use it as a primer on my eyelids before eyeshadow and as a concealer under my eyes and on any spots. 'Stay, don't stray' has a creamy consistency and dries quickly to a flawless finish, covering imperfections all day and leading to perfectly lasting eyeshadow. I have very fair skin and prize my concealer above all other makeup, especially after a late night! It loses points because of the packaging, however, I find that tapping very gently on the top is the best way to get a tiny amount of product, as a little goes a long way! Also, it only comes in one shade, which suits my fair skin but they should really extend their range. Negatives aside, I would definitely repurchase 'Stay, don't stray'. Above all, a winner!

on 3/27/2011 10:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My shadows still crease with this primer : ( and it takes awhile longer than others to set on the lid before you can apply shadow.

*EDIT*
This product just did not work for me. I tried to use it as an eye shadow primer, it got sticky and didn't really work. I tried to use this as an under eye concealer and it was too dark and had a weird unpleasant texture. Tried to use it as a concealer, and it melted off my face after a few hours. And like everyone else has said, the packaging is horribly designed and way too much product comes out with each pump.

on 3/27/2011 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on the fence about buying this product again, mainly because of the packaging. I first tried it as a sample from Sephora and it came with a little wand that made it easy to apply just the right amount. But the regular size is a tube with a press-down depositer cap which, without fail, dispenses way too much product. I know that each use is wasting my money because at this rate, before long, the stuff will be gone. The good news is this primer does make your eyeshadow last all day, and it helps with the brilliance of the shadow color as well. I've also found that with my fair skin, the extra product can be used as a pretty effective overall concealer. Another bad point about the packaging, however, is that the product gets a little messy--it leaves a lot of residue around the dispenser/underneath the cap.

on 3/26/2011 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought the Benefit pack with the SDS, Erase Paste & a cream shadow in RSVP. I usually wear UDPP or TFSI as primers and my makeup will last all day. SDS creases on me and makes my eyelids oilier than usual. It felt like it ate my makeup. It's okay if you only need to wear makeup for a couple of hours so I think I'll use it for that instead of wasting my good primers :P

on 3/22/2011 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very oily eyelids and this product has worked wonderfully for me. It keeps my eyeshadows on all day without creasing. No other product (and I have tried many) has ever worked so well. The pump is awful, it dispenses too much product but aside from that, I love this product. I would definetely buy it again.

on 3/18/2011 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I really don't see the point of this. My primer for my face works better for my concealer than this does....

If anyone wants it, you can swap with me!

on 3/15/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think my skin likes this product. it acts like a concealer on my skin and i love it. im pretty sure i would buy this again.

on 3/15/2011 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

In order to circumvent the problems associated with too much product dispensing, I stored this product upside down. Once I did this, it was very easy to tap and generate a pin-sized amount. Even when carefully applying a small amount, every concealer in my arsenal (Boi-ing, Amazing, Erase Paste, and Conceal FX) creased horribly within a few hours. It works fine as an eyeshadow base, but there are less expensive options that work even better. I gave it a week and then I returned it to Sephora. I now use MUFE HD Powder to set my concealer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials