October 26, 2014 | 1055 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by margo21

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very disappointed with this product, particularly as I'd used a Benefit under eye make-up base in a pot a few years back.
This one just doesn't work at all. Just found NARS Pro-Prime and it's 5/5 for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by queli13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does not work as an eye primer. I haven't tried it as a base for concealer, but I don't think it would work for that either. It doesn't help with color payoff and makeup slides right off. Would not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disappointed in this product, thought it would be somewhat like UD Primer Potion, nope. I used this and my eyeshadow creased within 4 hours, it made my eyeshadow nice and vibrant, but looked like crap afterwards.. I got the little sample set "Stay Put" and glad I didn't but the full sized items.. Not going to repurchase this either! - Benefit, you're disappointing me!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by LuluPow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the way this works as an eyeshadow base. There are a couple of problems. The pump dispenses too much -- about 3 times more than needed. Sometimes I can hit it just right, but usually too much comes out. I wipe the excess off with my old Urban Decay wand and put it back in that applicator. I use my finger to apply it. I tried the Urban Decay wand. Didn't work with this. It does seem too gloppy and wet at first. I've discovered if I apply a bit first, let it dry a minute, THEN finish spreading the product, it works pretty well. It's smooth and my shadow stays on beautifully all day. No flaking or creasing.

I said no to buying it again because of the pump problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Laylalk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

If you are like me, and not a fan of the Urban Decay or Too Faced primers, then you might find this to be a great alternative! For me, this product only causes creasing if I use too much of it. It's quite a deal thicker than most primers I've used, and therefore applying too much will cause a 'cakey' effect. Also, it takes a little longer to dry in my opinion, and so you have to wait a while before applying eyeshadow over it. It's extremely humid where I live, but I love using bright colors on my eyes, and I've found this primer to be the best for keeping the shadow in place. I like it as undereye concealer as well since it's a little lighter than my natural skin tone. It is a little expensive, but well worth the price. Just be willing to experiment with the application of it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by saint1

This stuff is okay... but it creases like a mofo!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by LynneNeary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. After about 12 hours I do start to get some creases but if I run my finger over them, they go away. I should add that this is supposed to be used under eyeshadow AND concealer. I haven't tried it under concealer I don't think I would. I originally got a sample of this at Sephora and fell in love. The sample had a "doe foot" applicator. Unfortunately, I assumed that the full sized one did too. Nope. It's a pump. No matter how hard I try I always get out too much and waste it. I just pump some into the little sample bottle. So far so good ;o) There is quite a bit in the full size and you only need a tiny bit. The price I felt was high, but this really will last me forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like "Stay, Don't Stray" at all. It doesn't last as an eyeshadow primer, but its a little better as a base for undereye concealer. The tube is messy and wastes alot of the product. I don't remember, but this product cost somewhere between $18-30...so not cheap at all. I would definitely NOT re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Beachblonde2986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the adorable packaging from benefit, and have been a big fan of benefit products for years now. I was not impressed with stay don't stray at all. I had high hopes that this would really keep my under eye concealer and eye shadow in place. Boy was I wrong! By 4pm my concealer was practically gone and looked just like I did before I bought this product. As for the eye shadow... It still creased. Not quite as much, but still did. The packaging may be cute, but the pump dispenses way too much product, leaving a lot wasted. Bottom line is spend your $24 on some other product that actually works!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by tamingtinuviel

I loved this primer when I first tried it in a deluxe sample size. It worked well as a basic shadow primer allowing minimal creasing. It has a light but substantial texture and a beautiful natural and brightening color for fair to medium skin tones. I found that it worked well as a brightener in the inner corners of the eye and as a primer for just below the lower lash line. It also is not "dry" at all, like MAC's paints and paint pots can be (I freelance for MAC and those are the products I have access to the most), and not as slippery as MAC's prep+prime eye.

I thought I had found another good basic primer UNTIL I purchased the full size which has a messy pump dispenser. It is difficult to overstate how much product this dispenser wastes and what a mess it is for personal use because of this. The deluxe size had a soft-tip wand on a screw-top lid that was cushy and perfect for personal direct-to-the-skin application. I returned the full-size and will only buy this when I can find it in the mini size.