September 3, 2014 | 1376 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Meaghanb123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down best highlighter! Better than Amber Diamond, MSF's, you name it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is a staple in my makeup bag. I love that it's so versatile and made with mostly natural products. Also, the packaging is so cute! Definitely get your money's worth with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i just love this item, From packaging to satiny-velvety finish of the product i just give a 5 lippies! Firstly, as a huge fan of 40's 50's pin-up girls, i can say that TheBalm has the best packages for me. The texture of this highlighter is so soft Pictures makes you think the container is made from metallic items yet it is plastic and still with a very good quality.
About the product, i can say that you don't need to stroke your brush hardly, to get the color. Some says it may cause a "discoball" looking if you don't put it on lightly. I disagree with that for it doesn't contains glitters, of course with a kabuki with dense bristles is not the brush to use with this product(for it is very soft and pigmented), but any other kind of brush will allow you to get that candlelighted glowy healthy goddessly look you want! :) My skintone is slightly lighter than NW15 on Mac, and still this champagne color looks great on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

As a girl who rarely bronzes/luminizes, I am super happy to have found this & it's sister bronzer. I grabbed these from Marshalls a few months ago (so price was cheap) but for some reason, never gave them a try. With warmer weather coming, I want to give my fair skin some colour. I started off with this first & touched up areas that I'd normally highlight. I was surprised at how subtle but pretty this looked, like a natural dewy finish on my skin. It's noticeable on my fair complexion, but not to the point where I look like a greasy, shimmery mess. Love this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by hummiemd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect for my warm skin tone.
Literally gives me glow-from-within look without glitter/shimmer.
A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Boy is this beautiful! It soooooo pretty on the face and it looks almost wet (in a good way)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this mainly because a lot of people have been raving about this. On YT and Blogs alike. And so far aside from maybe two hyped products, the rest have been kinda disappointing. This I would add to the exception list. I LOVE THIS! A product that really lives up to its hype.

First off, the color. The powder is of a champagne- light golden color with shimmer that is super-duper finely milled. And the color is supremely pigmented! You only need a tap of this and you are good to go. A very light hand is the key in application. When applied with a light hand this gives off a really nice glow(almost pearlescent-since the shimmer are finely milled) and the great part is there are no visible flecks of glitter as the powder is finely milled so you're left with a beautiful "lit from within glow". The size of the product is similar to most compact powder cases. And since I need very very little product it'll probably take years for me before I hit pan. The longevity is okay, lasted well around 6 hours before disappearing. The texture is not powdery, but felt very velvety.

Hasnt broken me out. This highlighter suits my NC35 skin well, I think since it has a golden undertone it doesnt come off as looking fake. I have used this as a cupid's bow highlighter and down the center of my nose and it works great too. I also use this to highlight the inner corner of my eyes. Looks amazing. Highly recommended!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this for 5 days and I can already say that this is my HG highlighter. It's a gold-beige color that will suits a majority of skintones. It's not glittery at all, just luminous and its really pigmented so be careful not to overdo.It lasts all day for me, I've never seen any highlighter as long lasting.I have huge pores and textured skin and it doesnt emphasize any of that. I can't see myself finishing that big compact (8.5g of product!!) but if that ever happens I will repurchase for sure.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This highlighters amazing. It's super pigmented, multitasking, flattering, and a great formula. For the price, I feel this is a great value because you need so little for a big pay off. I use a light fan brush because it can look very unnatural if applied too heavy. I also apply it to my inner eye and brow bone instead of my usual ricepaper MAC eyeshadow. The packaging is so cute, reminds me of benefit products. TheBalm definitely hit a home run on this product. I'm pretty impressed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by pchin87

i absolutely am in LOVE with this highlighter. you need to use this quite sparingly bc it is super glowy i use this with a fan brush from laura mercier and barely touch the product. it gives you that perfect golden glow in the highlight areas temples cheek bones down the nose and cupids bow. the only thing is it is pretty expensive for a highlighter but a little goes a long long way. i absolutely recommend if your looking for a good quality non powerdy highlight

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No