October 24, 2014 | 1744 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by ceex2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've never been able to wear any type of highlighter (Nars, Benefit, Bobbi Brown, any DS) because it just accentuates everything and looks horrible. I read the reviews and decided to try it and it is PERFECT. It doesn't accentuate pores at all; it actually just highlights. The price is great because it will last forever. Tha packaging is okay. I found it a little flimsy but it is super cute.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Euniqued

Great product - very smooth although does require blending out.

The reviews aren't wrong - get it and see! As we don't have The Balm in Australia I ordered mine off ebay and am floored by the results - a very innocent look, great for everyday wear. After I got this I haven't touched my MAC MSF's since, not that they aren't great either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this procuct. I do think it is has a learning curve. It can look like a streak of light on your face if it's not blended out.
I still haven't found exactly the brush that I want to use with this procuct. But it's so pretty that I'm dedicated to making it work.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Perkypolisher

I ordered this after reading such excellent reviews. I debated between some MAC MSF and decided to go with The Mary-Lou Manizer first. I am SO glad that I did! It has the cutest packaging and nice round mirror. It's such a lovely, warm highlighter that makes my skin absolutely glow without being a disco ball. It's a wonderful champagne shimmer that I actually find myself using even without other makeup on lazy days. It's absolutely perfect and a little goes a long way! If you want a good highlighter, go buy this asap! I heard you can find it at Marshall's, etc in sets, and I'm going soon to hopefully buy a backup. Amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in a set at Marshalls for $10....It was such a steal. I have very fair skin and a light dusting at the top of my cheek bones give an ethereal, angelic glow to my face. I would definetely pay full price for this. It really is a great product.

Follow up: I still continue to use this product non-stop. I never thought I would be into highlighters but this one is so great,

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Viviana25

AMAZING!!!, I dare to say this is the best highlighter on the market.
Best quality, blendability, staying power, color, sheen with no glitter or large shimmers, so smooth, you will fall in love with it.
Mary lou is fantastic, its so creamy it can look wet depending on how much you put on. The color is a champagne pale golden color.
As an eyeshadow is also amazing, kind of UD Sin eyeshadow but with a better texture and more of a champagne pale golden sheen than a champagne pale pink.
I own a lot of other highlighters such as Dior Amber Diamond, lots of Mac Msf, Smashbox and Chanel highlighters, even Nyx mosaic highlighter, BUT Mary- Lou Manizer is the best of them all!! By far.

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Meaghanb123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down best highlighter! Better than Amber Diamond, MSF's, you name it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is a staple in my makeup bag. I love that it's so versatile and made with mostly natural products. Also, the packaging is so cute! Definitely get your money's worth with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by MademoiselleZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i just love this item, From packaging to satiny-velvety finish of the product i just give a 5 lippies! Firstly, as a huge fan of 40's 50's pin-up girls, i can say that TheBalm has the best packages for me. The texture of this highlighter is so soft Pictures makes you think the container is made from metallic items yet it is plastic and still with a very good quality.
About the product, i can say that you don't need to stroke your brush hardly, to get the color. Some says it may cause a "discoball" looking if you don't put it on lightly. I disagree with that for it doesn't contains glitters, of course with a kabuki with dense bristles is not the brush to use with this product(for it is very soft and pigmented), but any other kind of brush will allow you to get that candlelighted glowy healthy goddessly look you want! :) My skintone is slightly lighter than NW15 on Mac, and still this champagne color looks great on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

As a girl who rarely bronzes/luminizes, I am super happy to have found this & it's sister bronzer. I grabbed these from Marshalls a few months ago (so price was cheap) but for some reason, never gave them a try. With warmer weather coming, I want to give my fair skin some colour. I started off with this first & touched up areas that I'd normally highlight. I was surprised at how subtle but pretty this looked, like a natural dewy finish on my skin. It's noticeable on my fair complexion, but not to the point where I look like a greasy, shimmery mess. Love this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No