November 26, 2014 | 1873 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The compact's well built and I liked the vintage style. The large mirror's convenient. There's a lot of product; I don't see myself buying this product again because I don't see myself ever finishing it.

The color's a golden beige with sparkles. One of the reasons that I wanted to buy the product was because I saw how it made other people's skin look dewy.

This was a terrible highlighter on my dry/normal skin. It accentuated my pores and didn't set into my skin. I almost wanted to throw it out. It made me look ten years older. However, I liked the product as a brow eyeshadow. I thought the color showed up well, and it was easy to blend.

I would give it 3.5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by mystylebeauty

WOW im speachless about this product.
it is soo freakin amazing
its AMAZING :D
im in love <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by miizzkelziixx

WOW im speachless about this product.
it is soo freakin amazing
i can use it as highlighter and eyeshadow
i am so excited that ive got this product
its AMAZING :D
im in love <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Go Glow, go glow!

As an avid reader of all things beautiful, i.e. cosmeticss :)) I began to cruise TJ Maxx and Marshall's to capitalize on this awesome highlighter for sale, dirt cheap. But alas, after several months, I found none. So, recently I took advantage of Hautelook and bought it for $12 plus a back-up, sight unseen! Score!!!

I have to agree with the other 100 reviewers that Mary-Lou Manizer is an incredible product. It gives a beautiful champagne glow-------not a sparkle, no glitzy specks, no fallouts-------just a beautiful angelic glow that lightens, highlights, and produces a well-rested vacation glow.

It does not lodge into your pores and look like heck. It does not smack onto skin like glue with difficult application. Instead, it applies like a dream. I use MAC 187 contour slanted brush and lightly tap and it picks up the pigment highlighter without any sloshing around of powder! I tap it high on the cheekbones, down the center of my nose, on cupid's bow on upper lip. A little goes a long way. It will take forever to hit pan. And indeed, the pan is quite a large round circle, maybe 4 inches perhaps. You get a lot of product for the money. Even more, when it's a sale.

It's a mighty performer, lasting on my cheeks all day. This one doesn't disappear, which is another asset. The hue or color is pure perfection. It's not goldy or un-natural. Nor is it ghostly white. The champagne color compliments my fair coloring.

It sinks into the skin effortlessly, typical of a powder from a high end cosmetic line like Chanel or Dior. Extremely highly milled powder that it is, makes it the most desirable product in the line of highlighters.

Hands down, this beats every highlighter out there and my search is now over. This is the REAL THING. Combined with quality product, it has cool retro packaging which I adore. It's apparent that this wonderful cosmetic has a huge following and a promising future. With its new home at Nordies, I also see $$$ signs as well. But if this product was marked $60, I would have no problem coughing that up for a product that enhances and beautifies your complexion or makeup.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by majapapaya

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! To date the BEST highlighting product I have ever used (and I'm a makeup junkie!) Easy and versatile. If you're looking for a highlighting product - look no further... give this one a try - you'll be glad you did!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

100th reviewer here and yep it's worth all the hype. But like everything else in Canada it's damn expensive!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by ceex2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've never been able to wear any type of highlighter (Nars, Benefit, Bobbi Brown, any DS) because it just accentuates everything and looks horrible. I read the reviews and decided to try it and it is PERFECT. It doesn't accentuate pores at all; it actually just highlights. The price is great because it will last forever. Tha packaging is okay. I found it a little flimsy but it is super cute.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Euniqued

Great product - very smooth although does require blending out.

The reviews aren't wrong - get it and see! As we don't have The Balm in Australia I ordered mine off ebay and am floored by the results - a very innocent look, great for everyday wear. After I got this I haven't touched my MAC MSF's since, not that they aren't great either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this procuct. I do think it is has a learning curve. It can look like a streak of light on your face if it's not blended out.
I still haven't found exactly the brush that I want to use with this procuct. But it's so pretty that I'm dedicated to making it work.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Perkypolisher

I ordered this after reading such excellent reviews. I debated between some MAC MSF and decided to go with The Mary-Lou Manizer first. I am SO glad that I did! It has the cutest packaging and nice round mirror. It's such a lovely, warm highlighter that makes my skin absolutely glow without being a disco ball. It's a wonderful champagne shimmer that I actually find myself using even without other makeup on lazy days. It's absolutely perfect and a little goes a long way! If you want a good highlighter, go buy this asap! I heard you can find it at Marshall's, etc in sets, and I'm going soon to hopefully buy a backup. Amazing product.