Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 11/26/2009 3:13:00 PM

really amazing color. this is my favortite holiday color for 09. good coverage, after 2 coats. wears very well. love it.

on 11/26/2009 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this color!!!! I saw the MAC peppermint patty and I really wanted to get that when it came out, but I never had the time. Then I saw that Essie came out with a color similar to it and I knew that I had to buy it! I only did one coat and I feel that it came out fine (I was in a rush so I didn't have time to do more). I would DEFINITELY buy this again!

on 11/25/2009 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Well blow me down, an Essie polish that I actually like! Normally I have terrible luck with this brand so I try to avoid it as a rule, but sometimes they put out a Really Good Colour that I just have to have. Mint Candy Apple falls into that category, which is why I took a chance on it... and hey, it paid off! Very cute pale green shade, I find it unique. So many magazines and blogs were promoting pale green as the big thing this Fall but honestly, I never see anyone wearing this colour. I get lots of compliments on it myself, though! The formula is fine, not thick the way I usually find Essie polishes. I wouldn't mind a wider brush but whatever, I can make it work. I think this product is very fun, and a nice change of pace from the usual slushy neutrals or vampy darks you normally see this time of year. Who cares what the season is, wear the colours you like!

I LOVE this color! I picked it up at the nail salon last week, and was very pleased with how it looked once my manicure was finished. It's a gorgeous, creamy almost Tiffany blue green color. I've gotten tons and tons of compliments on it, it's a fresh change for fall and I think it would look lovely year round.

on 11/23/2009 11:38:00 AM

I was searching high and low for this color ever since I began seeing ads for it in magazines months ago. After finally finding a lone bottle at Ulta, I was so disappointed! It's just mint green, not even a "special" mint green, just blah IMO. I cannot really understand why this color would be released at Christmas, since it seems much more of a spring shade to me. This might look cute with a tan come summer, but it's a little disappointing as a holiday shade for me.

on 11/23/2009 1:08:00 AM

awesome color! i really wanted to get in on the new pale green colors this season and found this to be a good alternative of MAC peppermint patti and chanel jade. i haven't found a dupe of this yet, so it's a pretty unique shade. only problem i had was that the formula was on the thick side, and i used 3 coats (i normally do 2). also, i noticed that it's definitely more green then blue, although at times when i'm looking at it, i see more blue. it reminds me of china glaze's for audrey, but they're totally different.

on 11/21/2009 8:46:00 PM

i LOVE this color. i constantly crave wearing it even though i have a million different colors. 3 coats was great for me and wear was excellent.

on 11/21/2009 3:58:00 PM

I love this color. It is similar to MAC Peppermint Patti. However, my bottle was extremely thick and streaky, yet runny. If I did thin coats, then it became even more streaky and uneven, but if I did thick coats, then it bubbled. It took me 2 thin coats, a thick coat, and a coat of Seche Vite for this to work.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For the first time ever, I took this polish off (about a week old...) and repainted my nails with it again. I cannot get enough of it! I just adore it. Goes on evenly, covers well (I still do the standard 2 coats, though) and I just know I'll keep wearing it through the holidays. Hopefully longer :-)

Keep it up Essie!

on 11/17/2009 7:15:00 PM

I usually use Essie Mademoiselle and neutral colors on my hands. However, when I saw this beautiful minty soft green I could not resist. There's something special and different about this color that got my attention. This kind of color is new to me. Already received compliments on it. I did two coats and the quality is excellent with a top coat. Really happy with this one.

Popular Polishes