Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

I LOVE this color! I picked it up at the nail salon last week, and was very pleased with how it looked once my manicure was finished. It's a gorgeous, creamy almost Tiffany blue green color. I've gotten tons and tons of compliments on it, it's a fresh change for fall and I think it would look lovely year round.

on 11/23/2009 11:38:00 AM

I was searching high and low for this color ever since I began seeing ads for it in magazines months ago. After finally finding a lone bottle at Ulta, I was so disappointed! It's just mint green, not even a "special" mint green, just blah IMO. I cannot really understand why this color would be released at Christmas, since it seems much more of a spring shade to me. This might look cute with a tan come summer, but it's a little disappointing as a holiday shade for me.

on 11/23/2009 1:08:00 AM

awesome color! i really wanted to get in on the new pale green colors this season and found this to be a good alternative of MAC peppermint patti and chanel jade. i haven't found a dupe of this yet, so it's a pretty unique shade. only problem i had was that the formula was on the thick side, and i used 3 coats (i normally do 2). also, i noticed that it's definitely more green then blue, although at times when i'm looking at it, i see more blue. it reminds me of china glaze's for audrey, but they're totally different.

on 11/21/2009 8:46:00 PM

i LOVE this color. i constantly crave wearing it even though i have a million different colors. 3 coats was great for me and wear was excellent.

on 11/21/2009 3:58:00 PM

I love this color. It is similar to MAC Peppermint Patti. However, my bottle was extremely thick and streaky, yet runny. If I did thin coats, then it became even more streaky and uneven, but if I did thick coats, then it bubbled. It took me 2 thin coats, a thick coat, and a coat of Seche Vite for this to work.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For the first time ever, I took this polish off (about a week old...) and repainted my nails with it again. I cannot get enough of it! I just adore it. Goes on evenly, covers well (I still do the standard 2 coats, though) and I just know I'll keep wearing it through the holidays. Hopefully longer :-)

Keep it up Essie!

on 11/17/2009 7:15:00 PM

I usually use Essie Mademoiselle and neutral colors on my hands. However, when I saw this beautiful minty soft green I could not resist. There's something special and different about this color that got my attention. This kind of color is new to me. Already received compliments on it. I did two coats and the quality is excellent with a top coat. Really happy with this one.

on 11/15/2009 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a little surprised at my own review because aquamarine is my favorite color so I thought this would be something I would love! I thought it was gonna be a minty green w/ New Orleans nostalgia (They should've named it Mint Julep mmm). However, the base of Essie MCApple is white, so it makes it look really kind of juvenile instead of chic. Like other reviewers said, it's more robins egg blue than green- kind of an aquamarine. It just reminds me of something I would've worn when I was 12. It did paint on better than I expected since most Essie nail polishes are streaky-this wasn't and you can probably get away with one coat. Unfortunately it actually takes forever to dry. A little disappointed, and I just can't get over the white base of this polish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wanted Chanel's Jade and literally missed out on buying it by several hours. After that, I was determined to get a light green, and when I saw Essie's Mint Candy Apple, I thought I'd buy it when I went to Ulta. It's a little bluer than I wanted (in comparison to Jade), but it's an absolutely gorgeous color, and I'm extremely happy with it. It goes on very well- is almost opaque in one coat. I found that putting Essie's Matte About You over it makes the green show up more, so I tend to wear it matte. This color is gorgeous regardless and I would definitely repurchase.

on 11/14/2009 12:20:00 AM

This is a really cute color. I love anything light green and green/blue and this color definitely fits in that category. It actually looks slightly more blue and slightly darker once applied, than in the bottle though. I wish it were a bit lighter, but I still like it.

Top Rated Essie Products