Clarisonic Mia

Plastic

on 5/3/2013 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Finally got round to reviewing my Clarisonic Mia - I've been using it for 3 months now. I ordered mine from Amazon UK for just under 120 including shipping and an inclusive American plug converter, as it doesn't seem to be sold anywhere else here and we don't have Sephora or Ulta. A very expensive buy for me, but if my skin looks as good as the reviews promise, it'll be worth it over time.

The converter plug works fine for me to charge the Clarisonic - the appliance is labelled as universal voltage, ideal for me as I travel to the US a lot and a necessity for anyone who travels. Also included was a small bottle of Clarisonic's 'refreshing' cleanser, which I have reviewed separately and could have done without. It was very easy to set up and after charging for a day it was ready to use.

I use the Clarisonic by first applying my cleanser of choice (Clarins' Pure Melt Cleansing Gel is my current favourite) and then massaging all over my face in sections for 10 seconds each, then washing off with a damp cloth. For the first 2 weeks I used it 1-2 times a day; now I use it every 2 days as my skin doesn't need it every day when used regularly. After the first 2-3 weeks my skin looked much clearer and radiant - didn't even know how anyone's skin could be described as 'radiant' before but I now know after using this! My combination skin used to be congested with blocked pores and also being sensitive, nothing really worked except for the Clarisonic.

I've read a few warnings online about the Clarisonic damaging skin, but if it hurts, just STOP - you're doing it wrong! All you need to do is buff the top layer of skin very gently to cleanse and exfoliate the surface, not scrub it - the vibrations do all the work.

It's a shame the Clarisonic is so expensive to buy from the UK, I'd pay up to 60-80 for what I received. Maybe a spare brush head or two plus some other mini products would have justified the price a bit. However I'm glad I have it now and hope it continues to keep my skin clear and lovely for a long time.

on 5/3/2013 11:20:00 AM

i purchased my baby pink clarisonic mia from Macy's a while ago, and i absolutely love it, it is spot on for getting rid of dry patches before they even have a chance to start.my face feels so soft and clean after using it. before this i had been using the olay buffer, and while its an ok product, the clarisonic blows it right out of the water. the olay rotates, which is fine, but the clarisonic vibrates, you can feel it really getting in there n shaking the crap out of your pores.lol besides that, its just a more sturdy, well put together design, the rotating the brush is closer to the unit, whereas with the olay scrubber because the brush sits so far off the base, i felt like it was gonna fall off, cuz there was a slight wobble to the unit while in the on position.thats just my take on it,i will say this, i never did notice these things until i got the clarisonic and had something to compare it to.

on 5/3/2013 11:02:00 AM

I have very acne prone skin and this product has made more difference than anything I have ever used. I use it every morning and every night. I use a glycolic cleanser (am using DermaDoctor Wrinkle revenge 2). I RARELY have a breakout now. I have been using it now for nearly a year and after about a month, I had friends comment to me how good my skin looked...they didn't know what I had been using, but noticed a difference. My skin has never looked better.

on 5/1/2013 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I waited ~5 weeks to write this review to make sure I tested out the product thoroughly. I ordered from Sephora because of the great return policy and have been using the sensitive brush head.

When I initially used it, it was such a hassle to add another gadget into my routine. But now I can't not use it everyday! I love it for the deep cleaning it gives my skin. I use a natural bare-bones cleanser that can be ineffective against very oily skin, but this tool helps remove all the oil and grime off my face. It also polishes the skin and whisks away dead skin cells. I often come out of the shower looking shiny and glowy.

I have pretty severe acne, with little millia bumps that cover my entire face and the occasional cyst or puffy whitehead. The problem with my skin was new millia would pop up everyday, and my face was becoming a bumpy mess! When I first started using this, I was still breaking out for the first week or so. But later, I noticed after I extracted a millia it would not come back! I owe it all to the spectacular cleaning from Clarisonic. It has really improved the texture of my skin and is slowly ridding me of blackheads and whiteheads. The progress is SLOW however and I plan on switching to the deep pore head to speed it up.

When I use it, I use it in the shower for about 2.5 cycles (I really like my skin to be clean!) and I feel like this could be over using it because my skin is dry. But it assures me all makeup and grime is gone. I would recommend this product because my skin just keeps getting better and better. The price is outrageous but its the only product of its kind.

EDIT: After a year of using this, I've stopped. Didn't change the state of my acne at all. Brush has to be replaced fairly often, it gets dirty and soft (I use the deep pore, and I NEED it to be stiff). Just overall way too expensive.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using the mia for about a month now. I saw results after the first time I used it. My skin has never been this soft and smooth. I have very oily skin with blackheads on my nose and acne and acne scars. Since using the clarisonic, my pores are much smaller, my blackheads are nearly gone, my acne scars are slowly fading, and my skin color is much more even (less red). I hadn't broken out until I started trying out new foundations so I don't think the clarisonic was to blame. I hope that with prolonged use, my blackheads and pores will completely diminish but as for right now, I am loving the results thus far!

on 4/24/2013 9:28:00 AM

I neither hate or dislike the clarisonic Mia. I feel it hasn't drastically changed my skin, I still have horrific break outs on my cheeks and chin yet I feel sometimes it just irritates it. Overall, an ok non-essential product.

on 4/23/2013 9:59:00 PM

This seems to make my skin very smooth. Also, I think my facial products are sinking into my skin more. Also, I was having a major skin issue- I had begun to get hormonal acne (those deep, painful, 3 week-long zits that you can't pop) around my mouth. I have not had another hormonal acne breakout since I have started using my Clairsonic regularly. SOLVED the problem.

on 4/23/2013 9:50:00 PM

Changed my skin ! I notice if I don't used daily.

on 4/23/2013 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I've been using my Mia for over a year now and absolutely love it! I was using the Olay one before I switched and noticed that Mia is a lot more effective yet gentle. I use it every night and it removes every bit of my makeup. It's a lot to spend at once, but it is definitely an investment because my skin has never felt so clean. It is very durable: I've dropped it multiple times but nothing is scratched, chipped or broken and still looks pretty new. I only need to charge it once every 2 weeks. If the one I have now for any reason breaks, I will definitely by another one in a heart beat.

on 4/22/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A few years ago I bought the Mia because of all the great reviews about it. The second I tired it I was disappointed. I notices no difference in my skin and I even felt that I needed to wash it a second time because there was still makeup residue on my face. So I gave it to my mom who loved it. Since then I decided to try it again and bought myself another one. This time I can already see a difference. I got a 'tutoring lesson' from the Nordstrom sales clerk on how to properly use this expensive wimpy bristled vibrator... I smacked down the $100+ bucks and home I went. For the first few days I was very impressed! my skin did look cleaner... but a week later all hell broke loose. my skin was pissed. I started to break out and I just knew it was the clarisonic. That 'purging' effect that they always talk about? Sure. I guess. But I KNOW my skin. It wasn't purging it was irritated. I broke out in little bumps all over and my skin was super oily. Even on my shoulders where I used it I had breakouts. I quit using it and sure enough my skin started to heal.

So now I use that overpriced 'beauty miracle' on my feet. And I have to say it does a great job (hence the 2 lippies). My feet look and feel so clean after I use it. It's like a spa treatment! So overall, no, I wouldn't recommend this to someone witch sensitive skin that breaks out easily. BUT if you've got cash to burn and want to give your feet some TLC so they'll look great for summer, this will help! ;)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools