September 18, 2014 | 949 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2007 6:03:00 AM More reviews by dannisecret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OPI is my favorite nail polish. I love their color and this top coat. It makes my nail so pretty and healthy!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ticmonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this product all the time. I have thin weak nails and without it they break all the time. This is a must for me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by stasy45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had Original Nail Envy by Opi. It is a great product. I did notice some improvement after using it about a month.
My nails look shiny. I like that they look so neat and clean with Nail Envy. Will buy it agian!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Well now. This started out working well - marked improvement in nail strength and growth, from previously flaky and brittle condition. That went on for a few months. Then it stopped working. I went back to it occasionally, but finally had to reach the rational conclusion that this stuff may have cost me a lot of money (here in Europe) but was not worth using up. Out out out it goes.

Two better solutions for the greater objective of keeping dry nails in good condition and preventing flaking and splitting:

(1) Rubbing cuticle & nail cream (ex. the L'Occitane one) around and ONTO the nails. At least twice a day.

(2) Regularly massaging hands and cuticles with an olive oil/fine-grain salt mix (for a few minutes, then rinse off).

Also, the Envy is an appallingly bad base coat for any kind of coloured polish (Boots No. 7, Bourjois, Chanel, Essie, Hard Candy, Maybelline, M&S, OPI, Revlon, ...). Varnish just flakes off in under a day, and chips on contact with anything more solid than air.

Using top coat instead of the Envy as a base works better. Even using nothing at all (just the two things above) is better. And then - there is Essie 3-Way Glaze, which does actually work (and is a top-coat too): in a different league, and costs a lot less.

Thumbs definitely and definitively down. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by marci_o

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My nails are usally very dry and brittle and will break before getting to long. Nail Envy helps them stay strong and dont split.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ahammer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My nails have always been prone to peeling and weak in general. i've been using nail envy for about a year and my nails have really improved. They break far less often and nail envy also provides a natural looking shine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

I sure wish this much-touted product would work for me! My nails have always been long and strong. Then, with the decline in hormones and all that cr*p associated with middle age (What? Me?????) they went all weak and ridged. Nail Envy has not solved the problem of weakness. Not to any degree. The matte sounds cool though so maybe I'll blow some more $$$ on it and just apply 400 coats.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2007 12:20:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

My mom calls this brand "Opie," as in Andy and Opie on the Andy Griffith show. It was very cute watching her scouring nail salons in Ohio asking if they carried the Opie brand. She was looking for a solution to her nascent late-in-life peeling nail problems. Unfortunately it didn't work for her. Which ticks me off, because ripping me off for a whole bunch of money on cosmetics is one thing, but don't rip off my Mom, you bastards.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Isabella05

I'm using this now to rehabilitate my peeling nails after using polish too long without a break. It's working great; much better than a similar product that I tried before it. I'll probably continue to use it as a base coat once the peeling ends are gone. Hopefully, that will prevent future peeling. I LOVE how fast it dries; makes putting on two coats very fast! My only dislike is that it turns yellow after a couple of days, but I've found that instead of putting on another coat, I should just remove and redo it, as the ends I'm trying to protect will already have begun to chip.
4/4/08: OPI Nail Envy has kept my fingernails intact all winter! As the weather has become warm, I only need to use it on my index fingernails. Hopefully, soon I won't need to use it at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 12:03:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My only can't-live-without-it nail product. It's pricey but IT WORKS. This has allowed my nails to get really long-- they are generally fast-growing but I have a terrible time with peeling and this regimen cures that. Plus I hate the maintenance of colored polish and Nail Envy is something I can easily apply to keep my nails looking good when I'm busy. Take fish oil and biotin and use this stuff, and your nails will be super long and strong!