OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 12/26/2007 8:38:00 PM

Absolutely the best product I've ever used for my thin weak nails. I wore acrylics for several years and got tired of the expense. Now with NE I can have natural nails that look as good as my acrylics did. I've purchased bottles for my daughters, friends and my co-workers. I go through the product pretty fast so I always keep a "back-up" bottle on hand.

on 12/16/2007 6:48:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I looove this stuff'; it really lives up to the claims- my nails stay strong and don't peel or split, I would recommend this everyone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Opi Nail Envy is amazing and does what it says. It's great for weak brittle nails that regularly split and don't grow. I've used it for 3 weeks and my nails have grown and not split once! My nails are in the best condition they have been for 5 years. This is money well spent.

on 11/23/2007 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been wearing Nail Envy exactly as prescribed on the package, with the addition of a new coat every other day. I've not worn nail color on top of it but just used it to strengthen my nails. I had no problems with my nails peeling and breaking, and I like how shiny the Nail Envy looked on them. I like that it can be used as a base coat but still looks shiny. The only complaint is that is is fairly expensive. Hopefully the bottle will last a long time!

on 11/4/2007 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

One of my best friends, a nail tech, recommended this to me years ago for my weak, thin nails. I tried it for a good 2-3 years, faithfully. My nails did look a bit better than they had previously, and I thought I should be content with that. Then I got hooked on Nailtiques #2, and never looked back at OPI NE again. Even with the new formulations (and yes, I've tried them again) they still don't have anything on Nailtiques. This is just a mediocre product, and that makes me sad because I love OPI polishes.

on 10/20/2007 7:46:00 PM

Ok, I just bought this stuff called Bond aid by OPI for $8, which is a ph balancing agent that can be used to help a bunch of different things adhere better to your nail bed. Such as nail polish, acrylics, etc..

I am alergic to acrylic after 15 years of wearing fake nails so I HAVE to go el natural. But.. my problem is my nail polish peeling off so fast. Then once I have bare nails, I assist my nails in the peeling process and destroy my nails. So, when I saw this product I decided to give it a try.

I was shocked to find that it's not an enamel, like a base coat. It's actually a liquid that instantly dries once it's put on your nail bed.

So... I just know pained my nails and we'll see if the nail polish last longer than 2-3 days this time. I also bought an OPI nail polish, just so I was using the same product line.

Update to come..........

on 10/12/2007 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

OPI is my favorite nail polish. I love their color and this top coat. It makes my nail so pretty and healthy!

on 9/23/2007 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this product all the time. I have thin weak nails and without it they break all the time. This is a must for me!!

on 9/19/2007 4:32:00 PM

I had Original Nail Envy by Opi. It is a great product. I did notice some improvement after using it about a month.
My nails look shiny. I like that they look so neat and clean with Nail Envy. Will buy it agian!!!

on 8/24/2007 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Well now. This started out working well - marked improvement in nail strength and growth, from previously flaky and brittle condition. That went on for a few months. Then it stopped working. I went back to it occasionally, but finally had to reach the rational conclusion that this stuff may have cost me a lot of money (here in Europe) but was not worth using up. Out out out it goes.

Two better solutions for the greater objective of keeping dry nails in good condition and preventing flaking and splitting:

(1) Rubbing cuticle & nail cream (ex. the L'Occitane one) around and ONTO the nails. At least twice a day.

(2) Regularly massaging hands and cuticles with an olive oil/fine-grain salt mix (for a few minutes, then rinse off).

Also, the Envy is an appallingly bad base coat for any kind of coloured polish (Boots No. 7, Bourjois, Chanel, Essie, Hard Candy, Maybelline, M&S, OPI, Revlon, ...). Varnish just flakes off in under a day, and chips on contact with anything more solid than air.

Using top coat instead of the Envy as a base works better. Even using nothing at all (just the two things above) is better. And then - there is Essie 3-Way Glaze, which does actually work (and is a top-coat too): in a different league, and costs a lot less.

Thumbs definitely and definitively down. continued >>

Popular Treatments