December 22, 2014 | 1702 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing Nail Envy exactly as prescribed on the package, with the addition of a new coat every other day. I've not worn nail color on top of it but just used it to strengthen my nails. I had no problems with my nails peeling and breaking, and I like how shiny the Nail Envy looked on them. I like that it can be used as a base coat but still looks shiny. The only complaint is that is is fairly expensive. Hopefully the bottle will last a long time!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by dressagehj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my best friends, a nail tech, recommended this to me years ago for my weak, thin nails. I tried it for a good 2-3 years, faithfully. My nails did look a bit better than they had previously, and I thought I should be content with that. Then I got hooked on Nailtiques #2, and never looked back at OPI NE again. Even with the new formulations (and yes, I've tried them again) they still don't have anything on Nailtiques. This is just a mediocre product, and that makes me sad because I love OPI polishes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kaethie

Ok, I just bought this stuff called Bond aid by OPI for $8, which is a ph balancing agent that can be used to help a bunch of different things adhere better to your nail bed. Such as nail polish, acrylics, etc..

I am alergic to acrylic after 15 years of wearing fake nails so I HAVE to go el natural. But.. my problem is my nail polish peeling off so fast. Then once I have bare nails, I assist my nails in the peeling process and destroy my nails. So, when I saw this product I decided to give it a try.

I was shocked to find that it's not an enamel, like a base coat. It's actually a liquid that instantly dries once it's put on your nail bed.

So... I just know pained my nails and we'll see if the nail polish last longer than 2-3 days this time. I also bought an OPI nail polish, just so I was using the same product line.

Update to come..........

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2007 6:03:00 AM More reviews by dannisecret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OPI is my favorite nail polish. I love their color and this top coat. It makes my nail so pretty and healthy!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ticmonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this product all the time. I have thin weak nails and without it they break all the time. This is a must for me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by stasy45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had Original Nail Envy by Opi. It is a great product. I did notice some improvement after using it about a month.
My nails look shiny. I like that they look so neat and clean with Nail Envy. Will buy it agian!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Well now. This started out working well - marked improvement in nail strength and growth, from previously flaky and brittle condition. That went on for a few months. Then it stopped working. I went back to it occasionally, but finally had to reach the rational conclusion that this stuff may have cost me a lot of money (here in Europe) but was not worth using up. Out out out it goes.

Two better solutions for the greater objective of keeping dry nails in good condition and preventing flaking and splitting:

(1) Rubbing cuticle & nail cream (ex. the L'Occitane one) around and ONTO the nails. At least twice a day.

(2) Regularly massaging hands and cuticles with an olive oil/fine-grain salt mix (for a few minutes, then rinse off).

Also, the Envy is an appallingly bad base coat for any kind of coloured polish (Boots No. 7, Bourjois, Chanel, Essie, Hard Candy, Maybelline, M&S, OPI, Revlon, ...). Varnish just flakes off in under a day, and chips on contact with anything more solid than air.

Using top coat instead of the Envy as a base works better. Even using nothing at all (just the two things above) is better. And then - there is Essie 3-Way Glaze, which does actually work (and is a top-coat too): in a different league, and costs a lot less.

Thumbs definitely and definitively down. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by marci_o

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My nails are usally very dry and brittle and will break before getting to long. Nail Envy helps them stay strong and dont split.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ahammer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My nails have always been prone to peeling and weak in general. i've been using nail envy for about a year and my nails have really improved. They break far less often and nail envy also provides a natural looking shine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

I sure wish this much-touted product would work for me! My nails have always been long and strong. Then, with the decline in hormones and all that cr*p associated with middle age (What? Me?????) they went all weak and ridged. Nail Envy has not solved the problem of weakness. Not to any degree. The matte sounds cool though so maybe I'll blow some more $$$ on it and just apply 400 coats.