September 22, 2014 | 1584 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by MinnieBeth

I have this kit in ash. The gel and powder go together beautifully and don't make my brows look 'fake' (which many products do as I have blonde hair). I think the powder is a very good dupe for MAC's Omega eyeshadow, which I also use in my brows. Although MAC's Omega is more pigmented, I think overall this kit is far better as the gel-powder combination means it stays on all day and the slightly less pigmented powder gives a less 'drawn on' look. And, (obviously) the main benefit - this kit is only 3.75 compared to 12 for just MAC's Omega. However, the brush is rather crap so I wouldn't bother using it. But other than that... HG!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG brow product. Granted this is the 2nd product Ive used for my brows, but this just WORKS for me. Im dirty blonde naturally and my brows r dark brown and full-ish(?) so I can get away with the medium kit. The gel goes 1st and the powder sets it. Love the brush it came with too. & there is a lot of product so it will last awhile. LOVE!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, E.L.F., how do you make such wonderfully cheap products and still turn a profit? Bless you, this eyebrow kit is a gem.
I use this when my hair is at it's darkest (2-3 weeks after I dye it). I'm in Medium, and the color works well when my hair is freshly dyed. I love the creamy, waxy texture, it stays on my brows all day, looks quite natural. I use the brush that comes with it. It takes awhile, but the result is lovely.
The powder is nice, but I use a separate one because my hair had red undertones. I imagine the powder would work just fine for hair that doesn't have those undertones.
The packaging is sleek, nice, and expensive looking. Fool your friends into thinking you spent a small fortune on this. But since it's only $3, you can happily repurchase without your wallet secretly hating you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by sleeplessdesires

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have always used NYC eyebrow kit but when I found this I fell in love. I know it's just an eyebrow kit but I love the powder in it and the side color (even though I rarely use it)I also love the packaging because it is compact and it comes with a little angle brush as well. Definitely recommend this to anyone plus it gives my brows a good look to them an not overly colored in but maybe that's just because I know how I like to have my brows done.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:00:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Definitely does the job well. I received a few compliments while using it. Not my fave but i don't mind using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Love the gel, then powder idea. Incredibly inexpensive. The "medium" color is cool enough to not look silly on my medium brown and ash brows (almost ALL brow pencils, etc., look to warm on my brows, unless they are named something very obvious like "taupe" or "cool ____".) The "ash" is a great color for those with very cool-toned brows.

CONS: Does show up quite a bit darker than what looking at the color in the pan implies it will be. I just apply with a very light hand and always tap the brush well before applying. The plastic sheet that is supposed to protect the colors can easily poke into the powder color and cause it to crack and break up.(see my usage tips regarding this.)

USAGE TIPS: I take out the plastic sheeting that is in there that is supposed to, I suppose, protect the colors in it. I take it out because it can easily poke into the powder color and cause it to crack and break up. Other than that, I am careful to tap off any extra powder from the brush before applying so that it will not apply too heavy/dark.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

ELF products are more miss than hit a lot of the times with me. I like a couple of their brushes, but not much of their makeup.
This brow kit though I think is very very good!
I have it in Dark, since I have dark-ish brown eyebrows, and this matches them well.
The wax is a dark grey-ish brown which is perfect for dark brows, and the texture is a bit drier, which I find ideal because then it doesn't smudge and budge.
The powder side I tend not to use, because the colour stays on fine with just the wax. Also I feel the powder can make my brows a bit too dark/ strong for my liking - but the colour match is good and the style may be on someone else's taste!
The little brush that comes with it is quite handy, the hard angled side is perfect to use with the wax. The fluffy side deposits a bit too much colour, but you can still work with it and it's fine for on the go.
I've had this for ages, since I don't use it too often due to laziness and now having a fringe, but the wax hasn't dried out on me at all! Very good value for money!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Enchantedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in light thinking you were supposed to pay attention to the wax color instead of the powder color, so my powder is too light, but the wax is fine. I just use a matte brown eye shadow to replace the powder until I use this kit up. I really like the packaging too, it's a small container with a mirror and an a really good dual sided brush. One end is angled and the other is a little fluffy for blending. I will buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow can't believe I haven't done a review on this--this product is amazing!! I can't live without it...It makes my brows look awesome and matches my dark hair well in the dark brown color! I've tried a few other brow options, like Wet n Wild pencil which can be a tad too off-color sometimes, Mary Kay brow pencil which was too light, and the Wet n Wild brow kit and this blows all of them out of the water! Definitely a must-have now in my makeup collection and this lasts forever so I'm super glad I bought it for only $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by JennyX0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought it earlier this year when I hit complete pan on my Benefit brow kit and I just happened to be at Target and picked this one up. I use it in medium and I honestly can't tell a difference. I recently dyed my hair a dark-ish red velvet color so I don't use the powder because I feel like it makes my brows too dark but seriously.. $30.00 for Benefit compared to $3.00 for ELF !? Love it!