Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

4.2

on 2/24/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My new HG! I have dry skin so this dry skin formula BB cream works perfectly for me. I have tried NARS Sheer Glow, Chanel Vitalumiere, Revlon Color stay for dry skin, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer --just to name a few (I have tried alot!) and nothing is like this BB cream. The texture is unique. I don't need alot of coverage, but the coverage if definitely buildable. I really would not recommend this to anyone with oily skin because it does leave a dewy finish (which my dry skin needs).

It is slightly grey but it blends out and doesn't appear grey on my skin. It's really nice if you like the pale Asian skin look--which makes sense since this is a Korean brand where pale skin is the look. It does a really great job of neutralizing the redness in my skin. The texture is thick - I use my fingers to blend an even thin layer on my skin. I go back over with a send layer on areas that need more coverage.

I also really like the Skin79 BB cream in the pink bottle that comes with a cheek and lip stain in the cap. The pink bottle one is less gray.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The coverage of this can be adjusted, which I appreciate. If you put a pea sized amount on your hands and rub them together, you can press it into the skin for a lighter touch.
I go back and add a small bit here and there where I need more.
Makes my light, combo skin look flawless. I finish off with a sheer mineral veil to set.
I have even applied this (hot pink version) to my man's face and he likes how it makes his acne prone skin look even toned and not like he has anything on.
The pigments in Skin79 creams are teeny tiny so they sit close to the skin almost invisibly. This is my HG now.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great product

on 2/18/2012 5:48:00 PM

Great bb cream. Even though i'ts a bit too rich for my oily skin in the summer, it just feels so hydrating in the winter! The oil control is ok. After 3-4 hours, i have to touch up. But at least it doesn't break me out, so that's a good thing.
Abut the coverage, it's light and could be built up to medium. The product has a greyish tint to it that fades after 10 minutes of application, leaving the skin with a very healthy glow.
The packaging is super hygienic and so pretty! Thre's nothing better than an airless pump :)
So, overall, very good and inexpensive product. I highly reccommend it, especially if you have dry or/and mature skin.

on 2/11/2012 2:09:00 AM

This is a favorite product of mine. I use it on days I don't want to wear full make up, but I don't want a bare face. It gives my face an almost flawless complexion and it feels very light.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My sis and I have the same skintone so when she bought this, decided to give it a try. Def very moisturizing and glides on smooth without being streaky (I use my clean fingers to apply). Leaves skin dewy, almost greasy looking but I apply mac's blot powder on top. Because it is a BB cream, it does even out my skintone but doesn't cover up the darkness of my dark circles so I would prefer a light- medium coverage. It's a Shame because this bb cream looks Sooo natural!

on 2/6/2012 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised at how nicely this product applied. I actually have oily skin, and accidentally purchased the gold (for normal skin) over the pink (for oilies). Whoops. Still, for some reason this product applies and stays nicely, even on my oily face. I was really skeptical that I would get a flawless-looking finish like some of the YouTube reviewers I've seen- I have acne scarring and redness- but it actually delivered. I've only been using it for a few days, but I expect this will be the only foundation I will wear now. I previously used (well, and still will use when I need heavier coverage) makeup forever mat velvet+. I still like that foundation, but will probably lean more toward the lighter weight of the bb cream, so long as my skin stays relatively clear and allows me to use the lighter coverage.

Realizing my mistake in buying the gold, I also ordered the pink. Have not received it yet, but will review once I've used it. I will also use the remainder of the gold since it seems to work just fine for me.

on 1/22/2012 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm super excited to have finally come across a bb cream in Montreal! this is my first bb cream purchase.

Purchasing:
i have tan skin and wasn't sure if i should get the pink one or the gold.. mainly because gold is advertized as the one for dry skin whereas the pink is for oily skin, which i have. i ended up choosing the gold since the hot pink color was way too light for me. i also tried the missha one at the store. at first i was leaning towards the missha one since it seemed to suit my dark skin while the skin79 gold was pretty light... but then as time went on, i noticed the gold started to darken while the missha one started to lighten...

Wearing it:
so far, i have tried it with and without a powder over it. first trial, i wasn't sure if it was still too light/ashy so i put on my mac mineral skinfinish in Give Me Sun and it looked good at first... but then it started to darken after a while and it looked like my face went on vacation in cuba while the rest of my body stayed here! also when i looked up close to the mirror, it looked like i was wearing foundation and the whole purpose of me purchasing this product was to look like i'm not wearing anything and that i just have flawless skin... so later i just put on bb cream, no powder to set it... took maybe 10-15 min til it darkened to match my skin a little better but i must say that it is still not 100% perfect... a bit on the pink side rather than yellow... and i have little blemishes here and there, and i also have dark circles. this doesn't cover them so i still need to put on my kat von d tattoo concealer in Tan. i'm just still amazed that i minaged to fine a bb cream that was dark enough to suit me cuz i know they like their pale skin in asia and whenever i visit, they freak out when i say i wanna go to the beach and tan!LOL

this is still an early review... i'll update after a few more weeks to see with it breaks me out or not since i have really sensitive/acne-prone skin... but so far, seems pretty good.

on 1/21/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My go-to for a heavier coverage foundation. Yes, it's fuller coverage (definitely not what I'd put in the "tinted moisturizer" category). It looks almost identical to Colorstay when it's on, except it's much more luminous and feels about a billion times better on the skin throughout the day. Plus, SPF! I don't use anywhere close to a full pump - a pea-sized drop does the trick. I can see how using a too much could start to look unnatural.

The only weird thing is that when I first put it on, it feels absolutely disgusting and slimy, like I'm rubbing a snail all over my face. However, it's totally worth it and the sensation goes away once the product sinks in. I can handle fifteen minutes of snailface for how good this stuff looks for the rest of the day.

on 1/11/2012 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this on ebay and paid the same price I would pay for a regular priced foundation locally. The packaging is very cute and fancy looking and has a pump. The pump is nice, but sometimes it is a little frustrating to use. My main issue is that you can't tell how much you have left, and the bottle? is kind of heavy so you can't judge by weight either. The texture is very thick, which normally I would like but I personally found it really hard to blend. I had to pat it on, otherwise I would blend it out and get no coverage whatsoever. The coverage is very sheer, I got surprised when I read reviews where people thought it had full coverage. It has a very subtle scent, reminescent of sun screen, but it was non irritating and faded shortly after. This BB cream did a good job of brightening and making the skin appear smooth. However it didn't cover redness and it could have done better at covering pores. I had no problem with it leaving a grey cast, and the shade matches well. It does look a little off at first, but matches perfectly if you wait 10 minute or so. My mum also tried this and she is alot darker than me and it matched her too. Which I find interesting as it seemed to reach the BB cream claim that it adapts to skin tone. I have very dry skin and this one is marketed towards drier skin. What I loved was that it made my skin look hydrated and didn't accentuate any flakes or dryness! which is amazing, I can use the moist moisturising serums and creams.. but still have most make up make me look dry. So I really did love that, the finish it also gives off makes me look radiant and healthy. I really did feel like this one nourished my skin and repaired it! It isn't an acne cure, but it prevented potential pimples from forming, and prevented already formed ones from getting any worse. After a few months of using this my skin did become clearer and my whole face looked a bit fresher and smoother. I hadn't experienced this with any other base product before! I wonder if it is that gold and caviar? hmmm either way there was definitely a difference. I also like how this has some SPF and how it sunk into my skin nicely and did not feel sticky! I touched my face and it felt like soft smooth skin! This is so light on the skin and you can't tell you have it on! It doesn't transfer either. It lasts pretty decently, but not a whole day which annoyed me a little bit as I hate my make up fading! The finish is also quite dewy, which I like, but I just need a little dusting of finishing powder so I don't look oily either. So this product sounds nearly perfect.. but the coverage is just not enough for me! This was my first BB cream I had ever tried and since it I have tried more. I really did like it, so I'm sad not to call it HG. My skin is so dry that I have no idea what oily skin is like... but I would say this is good for those with dry, normal and maybe possible combination skin? Who have little redness, scars or blemishes or only get the occasional pimple which could be helped by the BB cream and would like some skin nourishment and a bright, fresh, healthy appearance.