November 21, 2014 | 1653 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ashjade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm super excited to have finally come across a bb cream in Montreal! this is my first bb cream purchase.

Purchasing:
i have tan skin and wasn't sure if i should get the pink one or the gold.. mainly because gold is advertized as the one for dry skin whereas the pink is for oily skin, which i have. i ended up choosing the gold since the hot pink color was way too light for me. i also tried the missha one at the store. at first i was leaning towards the missha one since it seemed to suit my dark skin while the skin79 gold was pretty light... but then as time went on, i noticed the gold started to darken while the missha one started to lighten...

Wearing it:
so far, i have tried it with and without a powder over it. first trial, i wasn't sure if it was still too light/ashy so i put on my mac mineral skinfinish in Give Me Sun and it looked good at first... but then it started to darken after a while and it looked like my face went on vacation in cuba while the rest of my body stayed here! also when i looked up close to the mirror, it looked like i was wearing foundation and the whole purpose of me purchasing this product was to look like i'm not wearing anything and that i just have flawless skin... so later i just put on bb cream, no powder to set it... took maybe 10-15 min til it darkened to match my skin a little better but i must say that it is still not 100% perfect... a bit on the pink side rather than yellow... and i have little blemishes here and there, and i also have dark circles. this doesn't cover them so i still need to put on my kat von d tattoo concealer in Tan. i'm just still amazed that i minaged to fine a bb cream that was dark enough to suit me cuz i know they like their pale skin in asia and whenever i visit, they freak out when i say i wanna go to the beach and tan!LOL

this is still an early review... i'll update after a few more weeks to see with it breaks me out or not since i have really sensitive/acne-prone skin... but so far, seems pretty good.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My go-to for a heavier coverage foundation. Yes, it's fuller coverage (definitely not what I'd put in the "tinted moisturizer" category). It looks almost identical to Colorstay when it's on, except it's much more luminous and feels about a billion times better on the skin throughout the day. Plus, SPF! I don't use anywhere close to a full pump - a pea-sized drop does the trick. I can see how using a too much could start to look unnatural.

The only weird thing is that when I first put it on, it feels absolutely disgusting and slimy, like I'm rubbing a snail all over my face. However, it's totally worth it and the sensation goes away once the product sinks in. I can handle fifteen minutes of snailface for how good this stuff looks for the rest of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on ebay and paid the same price I would pay for a regular priced foundation locally. The packaging is very cute and fancy looking and has a pump. The pump is nice, but sometimes it is a little frustrating to use. My main issue is that you can't tell how much you have left, and the bottle? is kind of heavy so you can't judge by weight either. The texture is very thick, which normally I would like but I personally found it really hard to blend. I had to pat it on, otherwise I would blend it out and get no coverage whatsoever. The coverage is very sheer, I got surprised when I read reviews where people thought it had full coverage. It has a very subtle scent, reminescent of sun screen, but it was non irritating and faded shortly after. This BB cream did a good job of brightening and making the skin appear smooth. However it didn't cover redness and it could have done better at covering pores. I had no problem with it leaving a grey cast, and the shade matches well. It does look a little off at first, but matches perfectly if you wait 10 minute or so. My mum also tried this and she is alot darker than me and it matched her too. Which I find interesting as it seemed to reach the BB cream claim that it adapts to skin tone. I have very dry skin and this one is marketed towards drier skin. What I loved was that it made my skin look hydrated and didn't accentuate any flakes or dryness! which is amazing, I can use the moist moisturising serums and creams.. but still have most make up make me look dry. So I really did love that, the finish it also gives off makes me look radiant and healthy. I really did feel like this one nourished my skin and repaired it! It isn't an acne cure, but it prevented potential pimples from forming, and prevented already formed ones from getting any worse. After a few months of using this my skin did become clearer and my whole face looked a bit fresher and smoother. I hadn't experienced this with any other base product before! I wonder if it is that gold and caviar? hmmm either way there was definitely a difference. I also like how this has some SPF and how it sunk into my skin nicely and did not feel sticky! I touched my face and it felt like soft smooth skin! This is so light on the skin and you can't tell you have it on! It doesn't transfer either. It lasts pretty decently, but not a whole day which annoyed me a little bit as I hate my make up fading! The finish is also quite dewy, which I like, but I just need a little dusting of finishing powder so I don't look oily either. So this product sounds nearly perfect.. but the coverage is just not enough for me! This was my first BB cream I had ever tried and since it I have tried more. I really did like it, so I'm sad not to call it HG. My skin is so dry that I have no idea what oily skin is like... but I would say this is good for those with dry, normal and maybe possible combination skin? Who have little redness, scars or blemishes or only get the occasional pimple which could be helped by the BB cream and would like some skin nourishment and a bright, fresh, healthy appearance.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Mijung88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted this to work. I tried the missha one and loved it except after 4 days it broke me out so tried this one instead. The coverage and finishing is nowhere as nice as missha and it doesn't last either. By lunch I was told by a friend I'd met up with that it didn't look like I was wearing make up and not in a good way either since my blemishes and redness were very visible! It doesn't oxidise very well either so I was left looking ashy. It also doesn't give a glowy dewy effect. It feels like I'm wearing foundation (contrary to missha) and in the morning it looks slightly cakey. Extremely disappointed with this. At least it hadn't broken me out. I have sensitive skin that tends to get dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Senikxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the gold one and I think it's amazing! I use it alone and normally I like to wear a full coverage foundation. I don't rub the cream in I just pat it in and my skin looks far better then when I wear foundation. It's pale so only for fair skins unless a bronzed could be used on top. I just use a bit of blush and that's it. Seems to have good staying power too.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Used a few times, but seems to get cakey after a few hours. I used a primer before application, Works for some people but not for me, I prefer heavier coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by nemmimomo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I've got to say I usually have oily skin, it's ridiculous. Now the Pink BB Cream of this same brand is made for oily skin and that works amazing for oily skin. This one is for dry skin and in the winter I do have dry skin. I use this all the time. I LOVE IT. My skin looks a lot better. It's crystal clear and pearly because of the whitening effects. This moisturizes and protects me from the sun when I'm out. It has a nice medium coverage that you can build up. I definitely recommend this one for dry skin and the pink one for oily skin. I hope I was helpful. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by LynnMaruu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great for those who want a natural looking/feeling product. It's extremely light feeling and feels like you're wearing nothing. My skin gets very dry when I do not apply moisturizer, but I was able to wear this without discomfort the whole day without dryness.

Coverage: slightly sheer. It makes the skin appear naturally smooth, but if you're looking for something with more coverage, this may not be the best for you.

Color: I have a medium-light skin tone, with a yellow undertone. When applying, it seems a bit gray, but it just needs a lot of blending. A little product goes a long way. My only problem I have with the product is that it doesn't quite match my skin tone. The product seems to be a little too cool for my slightly yellow undertone. However, it's not so big of a color difference that will make be stop wearing it. The tone difference is even less noticeable after it oxidizes.

FYI: I have yet to receive this product or try it out, but I want to give a WARNING to those who choose to purchase from places other than the manufacturer. There are FAKES being sold for at much cheaper prices. There's no telling what ingredients are used in these fakes, so please be wary of who you buy from on places other than the Skin79 website. There ARE legit sellers on amazon and ebay. The differences between fake and real packaging can be found on google. Just type, "fake skin79." an there will be several sites telling you.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by nadiac062

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has got to be the best product I have ever bought! Where to begin...First off I bought this product because I wanted to try something close to a tinted moisturizer because I have really dry and sensitive skin so any foundation that I applied made my skin look even worst (ie dry, flaky and rough). So because of the great reviews I went ahead and got this.

First month of use:

1. It takes literally 10 mins to do my face in the morning and if you have to be up at 6:30 am like me to go to work, this saves you time to either sleep in some more or focus more on your eye makeup or hair.
2. If I'm going to work or going out I'll put this on and then put powder on top just to give it that airbrushed look but if I'm just going grocery shopping I'll just put it on and bolt out the door and it still looks amazing.
3. Since I get flaky skin, I'm always afraid to put anything on my face that will accentuate this, but this product somehow makes my skin not look flaky anymore which is awesome!

After 2 months of use:

1. My skin does not flake at all anymore! It truly is amazing how it restored my skin to the way it used to be.
2. I've noticed that whenever I get blemishes now, this product helps with scarring because my skin will usually stay a little pinkish even after the blemish is gone but with this product it goes away rather quickly meaning less chances of scarring.
3. For some reason I really think this product helps even out your skin tone. When I first started using it you could tell where exactly my skin is lighter (or darker) than other places but now I feel like it's all more of less even..I'm either getting a tan in the middle of fall or it's this product.
4. I know the product states that it helps with wrinkles but I haven't really seen it do much in that sense. Maybe after using it for several months I'll be able to tell but so far no changes in that aspect.

Overall, best product out there! I have proceeded to get rid of any foundations that I have used in the past. I highly doubt there's another product better than this (and as inexpensive as well) out there at least for my skin type.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by pinkstrawberii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

GREAT for dry, sensitive, and acne-prone skin like I am! :D For some reason the skin 79 bb creams never aggravate my skin, causing breakouts. Where as whenever I used foundation after about two days of wear I'd feel a breakout coming on or actually get one. I have tried the one in the pink label as well, and would recommend the gold label to anyone who has skin on the drier side. The pink label has more oil control and would be best for oily to combo skin, though maybe not so much for super oily skin because it does leave a semi-dewy finish.