August 23, 2014 | 1437 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by jmonacruz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to be careful with ingredients in my skin products. I have restrictions due to the medication I am taking. (Certain ingredients will block my medication.)

It was difficult finding a list of ingredients for this product. Finally found them online. I can't use salicylic products.

A breakdown of the “active ingredients”:

* Bio-Lysat (bifida ferment lysate): This is simply a type of gram-positive bacteria found in the digestive system. It has no known effect on skin when applied topically.

* Hepes (hydroxyethylpiperazine ethane sulfonic acid): This ingredient is simply a buffering agent, perhaps intended to reduce irritation from all the alcohol.

* Phystosphingosine-SLC (Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine): A study, published in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science, suggests that salicyloyl-phytosphingosine (SP), when topically applied to the face, reduces the depth of wrinkles and improves skin texture in photoaged skin. It is important to note that this study was funded by Degussa, which is the same company that developed the ingredient. No independent studies have backed up these claims. Lastly, the ingredient is not included at a very high concentration.

23 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by sahyslop

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this for about 2 weeks. Got a deluxe sample from Sephora. I noticed a difference almost immediately but it is targeted for ppl my age. The texture, tone and firmness of my skin continues to improve. Foundation looks better with each passing day. I love that you use it in combination with your favorite skincare items. A bonus since you don't have to buy anything new but the Genifique. It's expensive but I took advantage of VIB sale, ebates, etc. I like the dropper design of the bottle but think you could knock it over if not careful. Will buy again!

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by mariakgr

Great Product

I have been using Genifique since it came out and I am very happy with the results. Recently, a mup artist friend of mine gave me this tip I'd like to share:

After a long day at work, no need to remove and reapply makeup before going out.

Try mixing 2 dabs of make-up with a drop of Genifique and do touch-ups wherever most needed.

I get an instant glow, my face looks fresh as if the day is just starting!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ninamac9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well i have just purchased bottle no 2 of this 'miracle in a jar'. Secretly i am diappointed that it HAS worked so well as this is going to be another expense!! I noticed a difference straight away and continued use (twice a day) has greatly improved the tone and texture of my skin. In particular my 3 year old 'pregnancy mask' i think (its official name is chloasma) which went across the whole of my forehead HAS GONE!!! Bit expensive but so is champagne and i like that too. I do have a t-zone breakout zone mid cycle but i've noticed an improvement with this straight away but have been using this 3 months now.
Thumbs up from me. A friend that i've not seen for a year yesterday said i was 'glowing' and asked me if i was pregnant. A compliment as i am a smoker.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by canmorg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this product as a Sephora sample and honestly I thought it was a moisturizer so I used it as such. I have to say I love the fact that it glides on your skin and doesn't leave it sticky or feeling like you've applied anything. It just felt very breathable and soft. I went to Sephora to see what this stuff costs and I have to say that had I not tried a sample I would never have purchased it for the price of $80 (USD) per ounce. That being said, I really like this product so I may purchase it as a "gift" for myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by JenneVonH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nothing has improved the appearance and feel of my n/c skin like this little miracle in a bottle has!! My skin is softer, smoother, clearer etc since using it....will absolutely buy again! Plus it comes in a bigger bottle now so I will get that! I only use one dropper full at nite time and it makes such a difference! I have gone from using a light coverage foundation to only having to use a tinted moisturizer. LOVE IT!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by tamarah23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for about 5 months and recently got my second bottle of it. I cant say its amazing yet i still want to use it incase it has been doing something...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great treatment/essence that makes your skin glow, look younger and gives you that "pumped" look. Very nice. I got a sample of this as well and tried it on my husband;-)...I didn't dare to try it myself, because my skin is oily and very sensitive to anything out of the ordinary. He actually loves it though!
Instantly reduces fine lines and makes the skin ultra-smooth. He also said it feels incredibly fresh on the face, once applied.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by slsteinman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Does make my skin "glowy from within". Expensive, but I love the soft, plumped up, young look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

ICK!! For anyone who has acne-prone skin, DO NOT BUY! I got a sample of this and tried it out for week. Huge regret for even trying. All I got from it were these big, ugly cystic acne and to make it worse, it took another week for them to heal. I should've read the comments here before even trying it out. It's not worth its price. There's other skincare products better than this!