Lancome Genifique

3.1

WATER, BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., DIMETHICONE, HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ADENOSINE, FAEX EXTRACT/YEAST EXTRACT/EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE/AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, LIMONENE, XANTHAN GUM, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, FRAGRANCE

on 8/3/2010 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

the moment i put this one, I felt like my skin was getting a chemical burn around the corner of my nose, nosetomouth lines, and my cheeks. had to wash it off right away. Not only that, my eyes were watering and stayed red for 2 days despite putting drops to relieve the redness. Never again. I dont have sensitive skin but whenever i use lancome skincare i get a similar burn.

on 8/3/2010 10:12:00 AM

I purchaed this after reading good reviews. I wanted to find something better than the Exuviance Serum I was using prior to this. I have dry, somewhat sensitive skin with laugh lines.and age spots and some redness. I had a skincare makeover wherein the clerk layered several Lancome skincare products on may face including an eye cream. I didn't like the the plastic look (which she called "dewy") and within an hour any eyes were burning from the eye cream. Anyway, I still bought the Genifique and used it for two weeks with no results whatsoever. I think this is a love it or hate it product. I went back to the Exuviance serum which I really can't pinpoint what it does specifically--I know is that my face looks brighter and healthier when I use it and I don't like my face as much when I stop using it. I'm still looking for that HG product to out-do the Exuviance.

on 7/30/2010 12:39:00 PM

I got this in a sample set from Sephora which came with the eye cream and a day time moisturizer. I got the kit to try the eye cream but ended up loving this more. After the first night I noticed a difference in my skin. It really gave me that glow from within look. It also helped some discoloration that I have had since my son was born a year ago. I have tried so many products and none of them have helped. I intend on going to the mall today to pick up a full size bottle. I do find the price to be really steep, but with results like this I can't live without it. I am only 25 and still saw results from this so it's worth a shot. The sample kit is only $39.95 from Sephora.

on 7/29/2010 11:17:00 PM

I am reviewing the genifique repair youth activating night cream. This stuff is amazing! I am 32 and I've been searching for a good night cream for my nightly skin routine. I got samples of this from when I placed an order thru Sephora.
I have been so pleased with my skin in the last two weeks of my samples that I purchased this. I went thru HSN because they do flex pay so I was able to split up the price for 3 months @ $31 plus shipping.
That's very expensive but literally I only need a pea size amount for my face and neck. In the last two weeks I've noticed brighter glowing skin and fewer fine lines. I don't gave many yet so I know where they are and I have noticed a difference around my eyes too. I'm not going to buy the eye cream because this does it all for me.
The texture is not greasy and it leaves my skin with the softest, smoothest feeling. I actually love the light, fresh scent of this too! And I swear my pores are even getting smaller too!
All in all I'm completely thrilled with the night cream. I have no idea how the serum or the concentrate compare but I can tell you this stuff rocks for a night cream. I think I finally found something not to heavy for my younger skin!!!! I can't wait to get my full size jar!! I used my last squeeze of the sample! :(

on 7/24/2010 2:49:00 AM

I have seen no changes or results thus far. I will continue to use product until gone but doubtful will purchase again. it is very pricey for a small bottle without results.

on 5/21/2010 1:07:00 AM

This product is fantastic. It seems expensive, but when you consider how long it lasts, it's not bad and completely worth it. After my first bottle, I didn't think there was a dramatic difference in my skin, but decided to re-purchase anyway. As with many skin care products, it takes time for the full results of the product to show, but once they do, it's amazing. This product really does boost the performance of your moisturizer. You can really feel that your skin is getting deeply hydrated, and my skin looks so luminous and supple after using this for a few months. I'm a skin care buff, so I've tried a lot of products and am picky, but this is really an amazing, cutting edge product. I will use it forever! I ran out for a few days, and I could definitely tell that my skin felt different, because it wasn't getting that deep hydration. I'm telling you, get this and be patient! It might take 2 or 3 months, but once you start to see and feel the difference it makes, you'll never want to go without it. This will keep your skin young. I just turned 26, but people always think I'm way younger. Bottom line: get it!

on 5/11/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Genifique, quite simply, doesn't live up to its claims. It claims to jump start your skin and aid other products in working with your skin, yet as far as I can tell after a full month of use, neither is true. My skin has noted no beneficial effects from this serum, and I don't notice that my products are working any better with it than they did without it. It appears to just be an additional, totally unnecessary step in my program.

The packaging is lovely to look at, but in reality it is bulky, heavy and impractical. The tiny amount dispensed by one dropperfull is not enough to cover my face and neck, so I have to go back for more. It's quite annoying.

The serum itself is a lightly scented, thin, milky-looking fluid that is easily spread and easily absorbed into the skin, leaving no residue. It is applied first in your regimen...before any other serums or moisturizers. It is supposed to act as a catalyst for your DNA, "activating" it to essentially become younger. It should look as if "lit from within," be cushiony soft and velvety. Unfortunately, for me none of these was true. My skin was not adversely affected (no breakouts or sensitivity), but no improvements, either. My skin did not become brighter, softer, more cushioned. No reduction in fine lines that could not be attributed to my moisturizer and eye cream.

Not a great product, in my opinion. As a matter of fact, I'm not really sure why it's needed at all. Will not repurchase, and cannot recommend.

on 5/4/2010 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased the Genifique line and saw immediate results that included softer skin, firmness and luminosity. This was with the night cream alone. However as I slowly started to incorporate the other Genefique products - concentrate and eye serum, I became disappointed. The concentrate caused me to have bumpy break outs. It was like taking two steps forward and one step back. In the end I had to return the serum and the eye serum. But I still have the night cream. It leaves my face moisturized and not greasy and each time I wear it, I can see immediate firmness to my skin.

on 4/25/2010 11:37:00 PM

This gave me bumps on my forehead. And a patch of skin on my forehead became really rough looking. Thank goodness I got only a sample and didn't splurge on a full-size. I read online that the alcohol content on this product is pretty high. It did give me smooth skin before I got the bumps and rough patche. I'm sure there are better treatments out there at this price!

on 4/18/2010 4:30:00 PM

I'm terrinbly dissapointed in this product because it was sold to me as a solution for hyperpigmentation and redness from sensitivity. I've been using the product for a few months and my spots haven't faded at all, nor has my skin desensitized at all. I do like the dropper applicator because it's hygenic and dispenses just the right amount, but the bottle is really heavy and seems a waste. For my almost 40 skin, I'm sure there are other serums that will do a much better job, especially for the price. I think I'll go back to my Glyuronic Acid from MUAC with Natura Bisse Sensitive Gel Cream on top combo. Sorry Lancome!

Popular Treatments (Face)