Lancome Genifique

3.0

WATER, BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., DIMETHICONE, HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ADENOSINE, FAEX EXTRACT/YEAST EXTRACT/EXTRAIT DE LEVURE, PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SALICYLOYL PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE/AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, LIMONENE, XANTHAN GUM, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, OCTYLDODECANOL, CITRONELLOL, FRAGRANCE

on 5/11/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Genifique, quite simply, doesn't live up to its claims. It claims to jump start your skin and aid other products in working with your skin, yet as far as I can tell after a full month of use, neither is true. My skin has noted no beneficial effects from this serum, and I don't notice that my products are working any better with it than they did without it. It appears to just be an additional, totally unnecessary step in my program.

The packaging is lovely to look at, but in reality it is bulky, heavy and impractical. The tiny amount dispensed by one dropperfull is not enough to cover my face and neck, so I have to go back for more. It's quite annoying.

The serum itself is a lightly scented, thin, milky-looking fluid that is easily spread and easily absorbed into the skin, leaving no residue. It is applied first in your regimen...before any other serums or moisturizers. It is supposed to act as a catalyst for your DNA, "activating" it to essentially become younger. It should look as if "lit from within," be cushiony soft and velvety. Unfortunately, for me none of these was true. My skin was not adversely affected (no breakouts or sensitivity), but no improvements, either. My skin did not become brighter, softer, more cushioned. No reduction in fine lines that could not be attributed to my moisturizer and eye cream.

Not a great product, in my opinion. As a matter of fact, I'm not really sure why it's needed at all. Will not repurchase, and cannot recommend.

on 5/4/2010 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased the Genifique line and saw immediate results that included softer skin, firmness and luminosity. This was with the night cream alone. However as I slowly started to incorporate the other Genefique products - concentrate and eye serum, I became disappointed. The concentrate caused me to have bumpy break outs. It was like taking two steps forward and one step back. In the end I had to return the serum and the eye serum. But I still have the night cream. It leaves my face moisturized and not greasy and each time I wear it, I can see immediate firmness to my skin.

on 4/25/2010 11:37:00 PM

This gave me bumps on my forehead. And a patch of skin on my forehead became really rough looking. Thank goodness I got only a sample and didn't splurge on a full-size. I read online that the alcohol content on this product is pretty high. It did give me smooth skin before I got the bumps and rough patche. I'm sure there are better treatments out there at this price!

on 4/18/2010 4:30:00 PM

I'm terrinbly dissapointed in this product because it was sold to me as a solution for hyperpigmentation and redness from sensitivity. I've been using the product for a few months and my spots haven't faded at all, nor has my skin desensitized at all. I do like the dropper applicator because it's hygenic and dispenses just the right amount, but the bottle is really heavy and seems a waste. For my almost 40 skin, I'm sure there are other serums that will do a much better job, especially for the price. I think I'll go back to my Glyuronic Acid from MUAC with Natura Bisse Sensitive Gel Cream on top combo. Sorry Lancome!

on 4/7/2010 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a review for the genifique eye. I used it faithfully everyday, twice. Saw no results - wrinkles remain. made no difference to my dark eye circles. doesn't seem moisturising at all. basically, does nothing that those advertisements claim so boldly.

on 4/5/2010 7:56:00 PM

This product is a must for anyone who cares about their skin. I've been using it for 8 months now, and it is the absolute most important part of my skin care regimen. The science behind it is really advanced and its quite easy to become confused with all the lingo, but the fact of the matter is that nothing of this nature has actually been introduced in skincare until now. Unlike other products that claim to give you a 'glow' and promise the restoration of 'youth', Lancome's Genifique actually DOES IT!!! By penetrating deep down into the skin, this product stimulates the gene's activity to produce more youth proteins, which are responsible for even skin tone and texture and that natural youthful glow we all long for. It stimulates natural skin desquamation in order to eliminate unevenness. A very important ingredient is phytosphingosineSLC which helps to enhance the skins own natural moisture barrier. This will in turn amplify the effects of your moisturizer by decreasing loss of hydration through evaporation. It is important to note that this product requires serious dedication and you'll have to use it consistently and probably go thru more than one bottle, but when you see the results you will not stop buying it. My skin is nearly flawless and Genifique is why.

on 4/1/2010 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This was a disappointment. I used a full oz (from sample sizes) and saw no significant changes to my skin. The product felt good on the skin, sunk in without leaving a filmy feel, but there were no results to justify purchasing.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I've been using for about 2 weeks with so so average results. It's very thick and I use about 4-5 droplets on my face and it still absorbs very very fast. After rubbing in the product for about 30 seconds, the product has totally absorbed. Nice smell and pretty bottle, however, I haven't seen any difference in the appearance of my skin.

on 2/27/2010 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted to love this based on the MUA reviews. First off, I'm in my mid-forties and am frequently thought to be in my early thirties. I am fortunate to have good genes; my skin has always, even as a teen, been small-pored, smooth, and clear. I have VERY DRY, but not sensitive, skin and have noticed the onset of expression lines. So, I bought this on a GWP and, based on the reviews, bought the Borba Orbital Eye Rejuvenator. I received the collaser 5x with the Lancome GWP. My skin has had some issues with the change of routine, so I've given it a few weeks and have gone through a process of elimination to identify the culprit.

So, I'm uncertain if this product does anything positive, but it certainly appears to inspire a random pimple -- as I said, quite odd, as I've never been blemish-prone. Perhaps these new-fangled genetic topical treatments are not for me. I lover the Collaser and will review that later. The Borba has a great texture but appeared to generate fine lines under my eyes :-( I'm back to my Shiseido, not HG only because of the price point.

on 2/21/2010 10:11:00 AM

I received a sample of this and was excited to test it out. At first I got a really nice glow from it and my skin looked great! Better than it has in a long time. But a few days I started noticing red bumps which became primples, so decided to check out the reviews (probably what I should have done first!!!). The very informative comments below explain it all! I have since thrown away my samples.

Popular Treatments (Face)