April 21, 2014 | 1525 users online

Treatments - Lancome - Genifique

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ferrarihotbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Other

Have started to use this a month ago, only using it in the AM. I realise that my face isn't that shiny anymore by noon and skin condition seems to have improved. I don't have clogged pores anymore and my skin feels so much more supple and soft ~

The thing really costs a bomb, probably won't purchase again ..

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by cabi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of this as a GWP and used it for 3-4 days. Result: giant pimples, the likes of which I have not had for years. Into the trash it went.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank god I picked up a sample before forking out NZ $190! Nothing awful. But nothing spectacular, either. Wonderfully exciting advertising for such a non-consequential product. GET A SAMPLE first. I'm sure you'll agree with me, however it's always best to learn firsthand, it kills that curiosity for good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by rickylee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Price: Not cheap-190.00 in New Zealand. Bottle: Like the drop applicator-just gives you enough. Althou the out lay was huge-should last quite a few months. I am using Genifique-SK II Facial Essence and SK II Sunscreen Daily. Performance: No skin breakouts-my pores look smaller. My skin feels so soft and does have a glow. I am 36 but my skin is twenty something. This product is exceptionally good. Worth all of 190.00. Good on ya Lancome

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by BrandyR999

This is a horrible product. The eye dropper sucks, the product is expensive and it has given me horrible acne. I have never been so angry over a beauty product before.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by lauraricci

I like the idea of this product and it seemed to diminish lines a bit but broke me out, no wonder since it contains SILICONE, which causes acne in many folks. I wish cosmetic companies would STOP putting silicone in everything. Thanks for the pimples Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 9:25:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually don't do many Lancome products anymore, except for various mascaras and Bi-facile remover.

The quality has plummeted, in my opinion, over the past decade.

Genifique is a departure from this trend, and I am pleasantly surprised at the results I've seen.

I am well over the forty marker, have combination skin prone to breakouts, and sun damage that I am holding at bay from the first two and half decades of being a sun bum in California.

I tend to enjoy Perricone, SkinMedica, Kate Somerville, and LaRoche Posey as my primary lines (at this point in time), but also have a few Dr. Brandt, Dr. Denese, and Philosophy products in my rotation.

That written, I will repurchase Genifique. I find that unlike many products, the premeasured amount is indeed enough, even to take the product down my neck and almost into my chest area.

I've seen great luminosity and that "light" that the ads promote added to my skin, as well as diminished cross hatching (however faint) under my eyes. Also, I can see a very nice clarity.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy this, didn't think it would be all that . . . but this one I will repurchase, without reservation, and include in my rotation.

I seldom stay with one product for too long -- like exercise, you need to shake things up to keep things going, and this one is worth the 78 dollars, in my book.

You don't get much product, but you don't need a lot.

No breakouts for me, and I am scrupulous about exfoliating, so I am certain that boosts my results.

I've been using faithfully for over two weeks, and I'm quite pleased.

I took a lippie off, simply because . . . well, I guess I'm not all that generous today, and I use so many great products that it would have to rock the heavens to get a 5 today.

Given the amount I spend on skincare, and the quality of products I use, 4 stars is pretty darn good for a 78 dollar product.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by charliecat31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry to say I saw no difference in my skin after using this product faithfully for over 2 months. Nothing, nada, zilch, zippo! I don't know what all the hype is about, but glad to hear that other people are seeing results, but it's done nothing for me.

The bottle is nice and I like the eye dropper idea of dispensing, but when you get towards to bottom of the bottle, you have to pour it out because the dropper doesn't get to the very bottom.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 6:01:00 AM More reviews by daruma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has certainly done what it claims in that it has definitely activated my youth. I've got a nice spread of blackheads and small pimples. All I'll need now is some cystic acne and I'll look exactly the same as I did 25 years ago.

64 out of 67 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Alzy22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! It has totally transformed my skin. My skin has a much more even tone to it now and I seem to have less breakouts. I don't know if I would have been willing to dish out the $78 for it on the first bottle. My first bottle was free because I work at a Lancome counter but I pre-sold it for the gift with purchase that is going on right now. This is definitely something that is going to remain in my skincare regimen.