October 24, 2014 | 956 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by vivi11345

I love this product. It is hard to discribe the differenct on my skin texture. It is overall smooth, and the tone is even. It is expensive however I have been using the same bottle for 3 months and it is just barely under half full! A little really REALLY goes a long way. My makeup looks better as my skiin looks better. I just wished I had taken some before pics!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by lovenectarluver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

True love!! I have been using Genifique for 9 weeks and my skin shows marked improvement. Less visible pores, smooth texture, and I think my other products are working better now. I am amazed and will never be without it. Only quam, the tincture delivery is great until you get to the bottom. Cant comment on fine lines as I have none.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got two deluxe samples from Sephora, but the problem is, I really liked this stuff and now I'm going to have to shell out some ungodly amount to buy it. This is the first "treatment" type of anything that I've ever put on my face that actually feels comfortable and NON STICKY. It feels nice and matte, in fact. The next morning, none of the dreaded oilies, but a very soft, even glass-like smoothness -the perfect canvas for makeup, which glides on effortlessly. I DO love it, and I'll be poor, but my face will look great! -1 lippie for the price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a large sample size of this serum from Sephora and I've been using it for a couple of weeks. At first I was only using it in the morning and I thought my skin felt and looked better. Then a couple of days ago I began using it morning and night- wow. My skin looks like baby skin. For real. I'm 38 and my skin is soft, supple, smooth, and even rosy! The only thing different I am doing is this product. I love it. I'm SO scared of how much this is going to cost me when I actually have to buy it.

About the product- it is very thin and clear, like water. I need about a dime size to cover both my face and neck. It absorbs pretty much immediately and doesn't interfere with any other product I have put over it including: day lotion, day cream, night treatment, night cream, liquid foundation, mineral/powder foundation, tinted primers, and squalene oil (not all at once, of course!). I have sensitive skin that does tend to freak out and get little bumps, or acne or itching and this stuff doesn't bother my skin. However, all sensitive skin is different and based on the reviews it looks like it does bother some.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by treatsforme

This product does make my skin more supple after a few applications. However i get a lot of small bumps on my face after using this product, and so does my mum! It's probably better for people with non-sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by jmonacruz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to be careful with ingredients in my skin products. I have restrictions due to the medication I am taking. (Certain ingredients will block my medication.)

It was difficult finding a list of ingredients for this product. Finally found them online. I can't use salicylic products.

A breakdown of the “active ingredients”:

* Bio-Lysat (bifida ferment lysate): This is simply a type of gram-positive bacteria found in the digestive system. It has no known effect on skin when applied topically.

* Hepes (hydroxyethylpiperazine ethane sulfonic acid): This ingredient is simply a buffering agent, perhaps intended to reduce irritation from all the alcohol.

* Phystosphingosine-SLC (Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine): A study, published in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science, suggests that salicyloyl-phytosphingosine (SP), when topically applied to the face, reduces the depth of wrinkles and improves skin texture in photoaged skin. It is important to note that this study was funded by Degussa, which is the same company that developed the ingredient. No independent studies have backed up these claims. Lastly, the ingredient is not included at a very high concentration.

24 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by sahyslop

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this for about 2 weeks. Got a deluxe sample from Sephora. I noticed a difference almost immediately but it is targeted for ppl my age. The texture, tone and firmness of my skin continues to improve. Foundation looks better with each passing day. I love that you use it in combination with your favorite skincare items. A bonus since you don't have to buy anything new but the Genifique. It's expensive but I took advantage of VIB sale, ebates, etc. I like the dropper design of the bottle but think you could knock it over if not careful. Will buy again!

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by mariakgr

Great Product

I have been using Genifique since it came out and I am very happy with the results. Recently, a mup artist friend of mine gave me this tip I'd like to share:

After a long day at work, no need to remove and reapply makeup before going out.

Try mixing 2 dabs of make-up with a drop of Genifique and do touch-ups wherever most needed.

I get an instant glow, my face looks fresh as if the day is just starting!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ninamac9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well i have just purchased bottle no 2 of this 'miracle in a jar'. Secretly i am diappointed that it HAS worked so well as this is going to be another expense!! I noticed a difference straight away and continued use (twice a day) has greatly improved the tone and texture of my skin. In particular my 3 year old 'pregnancy mask' i think (its official name is chloasma) which went across the whole of my forehead HAS GONE!!! Bit expensive but so is champagne and i like that too. I do have a t-zone breakout zone mid cycle but i've noticed an improvement with this straight away but have been using this 3 months now.
Thumbs up from me. A friend that i've not seen for a year yesterday said i was 'glowing' and asked me if i was pregnant. A compliment as i am a smoker.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by canmorg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this product as a Sephora sample and honestly I thought it was a moisturizer so I used it as such. I have to say I love the fact that it glides on your skin and doesn't leave it sticky or feeling like you've applied anything. It just felt very breathable and soft. I went to Sephora to see what this stuff costs and I have to say that had I not tried a sample I would never have purchased it for the price of $80 (USD) per ounce. That being said, I really like this product so I may purchase it as a "gift" for myself.