December 19, 2014 | 814 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - Genifique

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by BunnyIrene

I received a sample of this and was excited to test it out. At first I got a really nice glow from it and my skin looked great! Better than it has in a long time. But a few days I started noticing red bumps which became primples, so decided to check out the reviews (probably what I should have done first!!!). The very informative comments below explain it all! I have since thrown away my samples.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by nangoldston

Goes on smooth and without reaction (have very sensitive skin) and instantly absorbed. Havent really seen much improvement in sun spots or fine lines (I am in my 40's, with hyperpigmentation and fine lines) but I think it seems to help in prevention of further damage (along with sunscreen). Wouldnt buy it again because I need a product to repair hyperpigmentation and fine lines (besides surgery)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by saggies

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have turned 60 and this product has definitely improved my skin - I am now on my 2nd bottle. I like the fact that it is evening out my skin colour and seems to be keeping wrinkles at bay. I have stopped using make up except for "going out" and complemented on my skin and asked what do I use for skin care! A year later and this stuff still works - if I stop, it deteriorates and it takes time for my skin to get back to optimum state

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. I am extremely impressed with this product (and I am not impressed with Lancome skincare which has usually been ineffective on me). After only 1 week of using this, my skin is so much more bright, radiant, glowing, soft, "baby skin".

I initially tried this as I thought the texture, fragrance was wonderful but I didn't know if this worked. I really like the eye dropper style application. So I did my 1/2 face test for 2 days. One Sephora SA raved about Philosophy's "When Hope is Not Enough" Serum so I tested the 2 against each other as well as using on top of the 2 serums my Perricone Serum Prep, next Perricone High Potency Amine Complex Face Lift, next Sofina Sunblock.
Result: the Lancome side was noticeably brighter, radiant and felt softer.
***UPDATE 2/4/10 - I went back into Sephora and bumped into the same SA who recommended Philosophy's "When Hope is Not Enough" Serum. She asked how I found the products and I told her that Lancome "won" hands down and she noticed that my skin looked better (brighter, radiant, soft) already. This Genifique is WORKING!

I need products that leave my skin "bright, radiant" as I was spoiled with these qualities by Jurlique's "Herbal Recovery Gel" (I've used this since 2004). Well I tried using the Lancome Genifique UNDER the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel (also amazing for firming, pore-less, air brushed skin) and the results were just INCREDIBLE. I am relieved that my skin in my 40's will not stop improving :-) thanks to some great products like Lancome Genifique (and my standbys like Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel). Good news for Genifique fans - they have come out with a larger size 1.7 oz for $98 vs. 1 oz for $78.

There seems to be a lot of confusion and almost "sci-fi claims" re: youth genes, etc. on what this product exactly does. However I spoke at length to the 32 year old Lancome aesthetician at Bergdorf Goodman about this product. She said:
- for firming, wrinkle fighting, uplifting there are better products out there than Genifique.
- if you are looking for: brightness, radiance, clarity and "baby soft" skin - this product is for you.
- use this first before serums or moisturizers (as this product has extremely tiny molecules), and then other products can be layered on top.
- she liked the concentrate much more than the serum for effective results.
- effects usually show up in 2 weeks and even much more so in a month or 2.
- this product will show the most dramatic improvement in 40+ skin. Younger folk are welcome but they just won't see as dramatic results as more mature skin.
- some side effects for some are bumps but she recommended to stop it for 2 days and try again. if there are more bumps, then this product is obviously not working for your skin type.

I am Korean, 44 years old (facialists /aestheticians guess I am 26 - 33). I have combination skin (dry in winter, slightly oily in summer however very prone to plugged pores and occasional breakouts). I use: Natura Bisse, Perricone MD, Jurlique, Cosmedicine, DHC Olive Oil Cleanser, and MD Forte Cleanser II & III.

29 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by HeatherT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm starting to get lines around my eyes and already have brow lines. I also have sun damage on my cheeks (very fair, live in a very sunny place on the water). The packaging is good as the little dropper keeps me from using too much ( a little goes a long way) and it's hygenic. It makes my skin feel smooth once it's applied and I haven't had any bad skin reactions.

I have been using this daily and faithfully for 8 weeks. However, I haven't noticed any difference in my fine lines or skin tone. It has evened out the texture a little bit, but I've had the same result with diligent gentle exfoliating and good moisturizer. For my skin, it simply acts like a good primer. And for a primer, there are cheaper ones out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While I the skin makes my skin feel very smooth, i can`t say I`m in love with it yet. I haven`t seen any visible results yet and i`ve been using for over 6 weeks. glad i swapped for this instead of spending 80 bucks on it

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by vivi11345

I love this product. It is hard to discribe the differenct on my skin texture. It is overall smooth, and the tone is even. It is expensive however I have been using the same bottle for 3 months and it is just barely under half full! A little really REALLY goes a long way. My makeup looks better as my skiin looks better. I just wished I had taken some before pics!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by lovenectarluver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

True love!! I have been using Genifique for 9 weeks and my skin shows marked improvement. Less visible pores, smooth texture, and I think my other products are working better now. I am amazed and will never be without it. Only quam, the tincture delivery is great until you get to the bottom. Cant comment on fine lines as I have none.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got two deluxe samples from Sephora, but the problem is, I really liked this stuff and now I'm going to have to shell out some ungodly amount to buy it. This is the first "treatment" type of anything that I've ever put on my face that actually feels comfortable and NON STICKY. It feels nice and matte, in fact. The next morning, none of the dreaded oilies, but a very soft, even glass-like smoothness -the perfect canvas for makeup, which glides on effortlessly. I DO love it, and I'll be poor, but my face will look great! -1 lippie for the price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a large sample size of this serum from Sephora and I've been using it for a couple of weeks. At first I was only using it in the morning and I thought my skin felt and looked better. Then a couple of days ago I began using it morning and night- wow. My skin looks like baby skin. For real. I'm 38 and my skin is soft, supple, smooth, and even rosy! The only thing different I am doing is this product. I love it. I'm SO scared of how much this is going to cost me when I actually have to buy it.

About the product- it is very thin and clear, like water. I need about a dime size to cover both my face and neck. It absorbs pretty much immediately and doesn't interfere with any other product I have put over it including: day lotion, day cream, night treatment, night cream, liquid foundation, mineral/powder foundation, tinted primers, and squalene oil (not all at once, of course!). I have sensitive skin that does tend to freak out and get little bumps, or acne or itching and this stuff doesn't bother my skin. However, all sensitive skin is different and based on the reviews it looks like it does bother some.