Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 7/21/2009 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually bought this lippie about 2 days ago and decided to wear it to work today along wit the whole pinup look lol And I must sayI got alot of compliments! =) I luv that this is a REAL red and its pretty cheap comapred to MAC. I wont be wearing this too often but its nic to wear when I wan t oadd a lil shock value lol ;)

on 7/21/2009 1:06:00 AM

The consistency of this lipstick is just as dry as MAC's mattes, but not as thick so it may not "feel" as drying. It blends just as easily, is very pigmented, and does not bleed as easily as the MAC Lustres or Revlon's Super Lustrous. This is very similar to MAC's Russian Red- I wore them both on each half of my lip an my boyfriend couldn't tell that I had 2 different colors on, but under brighter lighting and various angles I could tell that Russian Red is bluer-toned and deeper than Really Red. Both are still flattering and beautiful on my light-olive skin tone but to be honest, both are a bit loud for me so I will probably try In the Red to see how it compares. Oh and if you care about the packaging, it feels a bit flimsy- you can hear/feel the scratchiness when turning the tube (but I know its a DS brand so I don't care much about that).

on 6/17/2009 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is a really nice bright red but i feel like it might be a bit too bright for me sometimes...so i want to try IN THE RED cuz i feel that one would be perfect...but this lipstick is great regardless.and it lasts forever.love it.

on 6/8/2009 2:52:00 AM

Quite possibly the best red lipstick I have ever found - at any price.

I found this while browsing at CVS, and was curious because it was a matte lipstick - not something we see a lot of these days. I mostly can't be bothered with lipstick, as I find it a pain to reapply, the color changes on my lips and I end up throwing away and wasting the tube. So I've mostly been wearing tinted moisturizers/balms & stains for the past several years. - MAC, Guerlain, Chanel, Bobbie Brown, etc.

They were handing out coupons for $1 off any Revlon product , so thought "why not?". I should have checked MUA before I bought it, because I would have saved myself from having to make a return trip the next day to buy MORE. I can't even remember the last time I loved a lipstick enough to "stock up" on extras.

This lipstick is gorgeous - a true blue, clear red. It's an instant classic and HG. It looks like old hollywood glamour (think Marilyn Monroe), or even something that Gwen Stefani might wear to an award show. It glides on, and doesn't get that dried out look or feeling like other matte lipsticks have in the past. It feels creamy. It blots down nicely if you want something a little softer for work/casual situations. After several hours of wear, it settles into a nice looking lip stain, and I add a little lip balm to give it some extra moisture at the end.

On my return trip I bought two more tubes of Really Red, and a few of the other colors to try (pink about it, pink pout, in the red, mauve it over). The only one I wouldn't repurchase is pink pout - just a little too young looking for me. Even it's doable if you blot it and add a little balm. In the red is also gorgeous.

I hope this line is a keeper for Revlon and not a LE. Does anyone know? If it's a LE, I need to stock up and find the right way to store this stuff for the next 5 years.

on 4/27/2009 7:49:00 PM

Finally, the perfect matte red! I was previously addicted to MAC's Classic Dame (a l/e Mattene) only because it was the perfect colour. I have very pigmented lips and most reds tend to turn pinky on me. But not only is Classic Dame l/e, it is also not as matte as I'd like and tends to bleed and smudge easily. I picked up Really Red after reading the reviews here (and decided against In the Red because I had a feeling it would do the aforementioned pink thing), and it is PERFECT! a bright red that gives me that old-school 30s vibe, super smooth consistency and not drying at ALL. it feels weightless. Here's the best part: I just wore it to clean my house and then had a long shower ... imagine my surprise when i looked in the mirror and discovered it hadn't budged one bit!

on 4/9/2009 1:53:00 PM

this red is fabulous. there's nothing more to say than that. the matte finish makes for a classic and classy lip that is soft and lovely. it's a universal true red shade that goes on smooth. i can't wait to wear this one out.

on 4/5/2009 7:29:00 PM

I just found my HG red lipstick! I got Really Red and In The Red from the Matte Lipstick line BOGOF from CVS as I was looking for a good non-shiny red for a wedding I'm attending. Really Red gives me that old Hollywood look. The color is a classic red with a hint of blue undertone and no orange, which is exactly what I was looking for. I don't find it drying at all. It's pretty comfortable on my lips. Absolutely LOVE it and would definitely repurchase!

*Update: I had this on for about 6 hours and after eating, drinking, and blotting with a napkin the color still looked as if I just applied it. It was comfortable the whole time and didn't dry my lips out at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE these Revlon matte lippies: weightless, velvety, and relatively non-drying. I much prefer them to MAC's Retro Mattes, which are thick as clay and very hard to work with. And Really Red is just that: a true, fire-engine red with a neutral base: not too blue and not too orange. It is a bright rather than a deep red. I would compare it to MAC Russian Red.

Of the shades I own in this line-- Cocoa Craving, Mauve It Over, Wine Not, and Really Red-- the Really Red is by far the most glamorous. It looks great on me with no other makeup, probably because it is a true red without any fuchsia (I am very warm-toned and look bad in reds that tend to fuchsia). Cocoa Craving & Mauve It Over are more versatile shades, as they're subtle and natural-looking, but Really Red is "the" effortless matte red lip look for when I'm in a retro mood! No need for lipliner with this baby, even on my almost-40 lips. It's hands-down the best matte lippie I've ever tried.

on 3/10/2009 10:47:00 PM

I LOVE this lipstick! I am a fanatic for red lipsticks.
This a nice medium bright red lipstick w/orange tones. I got a tube of it on Ebay for a total of $4!
Vey smooth velvety texture, and great pigment! Doesnt dry lips out either.
I would say this is the equivalent to Revlons old Colorstay lipcolor in Fire#55, which I cant find anywehre for under $15 a tube!.
I'll post some pics.
I just bought 'Strawberry Suede' and 'In the Red'...cant wait for them to arrive.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I love this color. I like change and striking lips.This color is red and has the blue undertone so its a true red.I cant wait to do a yt tutorial with this lippie.I use a chapstick to help curb the dryness of the matte colors

Popular Lipsticks