November 28, 2014 | 1033 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these Revlon matte lippies: weightless, velvety, and relatively non-drying. I much prefer them to MAC's Retro Mattes, which are thick as clay and very hard to work with. And Really Red is just that: a true, fire-engine red with a neutral base: not too blue and not too orange. It is a bright rather than a deep red. I would compare it to MAC Russian Red.

Of the shades I own in this line-- Cocoa Craving, Mauve It Over, Wine Not, and Really Red-- the Really Red is by far the most glamorous. It looks great on me with no other makeup, probably because it is a true red without any fuchsia (I am very warm-toned and look bad in reds that tend to fuchsia). Cocoa Craving & Mauve It Over are more versatile shades, as they're subtle and natural-looking, but Really Red is "the" effortless matte red lip look for when I'm in a retro mood! No need for lipliner with this baby, even on my almost-40 lips. It's hands-down the best matte lippie I've ever tried.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Mookittie

I LOVE this lipstick! I am a fanatic for red lipsticks.
This a nice medium bright red lipstick w/orange tones. I got a tube of it on Ebay for a total of $4!
Vey smooth velvety texture, and great pigment! Doesnt dry lips out either.
I would say this is the equivalent to Revlons old Colorstay lipcolor in Fire#55, which I cant find anywehre for under $15 a tube!.
I'll post some pics.
I just bought 'Strawberry Suede' and 'In the Red'...cant wait for them to arrive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by godivagoddess1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color. I like change and striking lips.This color is red and has the blue undertone so its a true red.I cant wait to do a yt tutorial with this lippie.I use a chapstick to help curb the dryness of the matte colors

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by stephiejean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading the reviews on the new Revlon Mattes, I went to the store and picked up three: Pink About It, In the Red, and Really Red.

First, I love matte lipstick and am so happy that this is reasonably priced matte lipstick. It's not as thick or does not go on as nicely as my MAC Russian Red, but the color is comparable. It's just as bright as Russian Red, but less blue, more of an actual true red.

Now, I know with mattes your lips have to be really well conditioned, and this lipstick is no exception. In fact, my lips were a little dry but looked okay with the MAC mattes, but with the Revlon Russian Red the dryness was REALLY obvious.

I didn't love the color at first...a little bright and I was looking for an everyday red. However, I am wearing it again for a second time and now think this is a keeper.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

This red is a neutral red, but it's still on the slightly bright side. On me (NC30), it's one of those reds that looks okay in some lights, and not so good in others. I definitely prefer In The Red to this one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Maderine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This went a SCREAMING orange-red on me. I was so sad. It's a beautiful, bright, effervescent red in the tube, but I couldn't give it away fast enough once I saw it on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Shan_n

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was planning to get a red lipstick, because I think all girls should have at least one!...and saw this at Walgreen's and figured I'd try this out. They had 2 red shades, Really Red and In The Red but I decided to go with Really Red because it seemed like a truer red to me. In the Red seemed deeper, darker..more old school red from the 1930s era :) I wanted something a little brighter and fun and am glad I got this. It looks great, the color is a true red with a blue base...not orange at all! The texture and pkg are great, esp for a drugstore. I suggest you check it out. I also got this lipstick in the color Pink Pout, which is also very pretty :)