April 24, 2014 | 1371 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by MizLiz211

In general, I prefer OPI for bright or dark nail polishes and Essie for neutral ones. I'm on my third bottle of Mademoiselle. It's the perfect light pink that makes my nails look neat and quietly elegant. Three coats give me good color coverage, and it lasts well. I prefer lighter shades like this one for work because red nails tend to leave red marks when they accidentally rub against paper - very annoying if you have to turn in something important.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by tweetiebird

I finally bought a bottle after constantly hearing reviews about this as a perfect pink. I'm quite disappointed though. The consistency is similar to my other Essie colors and fairly chip resistant, but it is SO sheer! I have found that it takes a lot of coats before the color resembles anywhere close to the bottle color. With Mademoiselle, it is so sheer on me that it goes on clear practically. It takes at least 4 coats to get any sort of color build-up. I was a bit disappointed since I was looking for a nice natural pink.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by jrpagv

I hate Essie nailpolishes. IMO, Essie is the worst polish I've ever tried. Much worse than OPI and drugstore brands! It chips so easily and looks awful on my nails after only a day or two. Mademoiselle would be pretty if it wasn't so streaky and difficult to apply nicely. I really hate that I've had no luck with Essie polishes. I'll be sticking with OPI from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by kmajewski

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my faves in polish. I have very fair skin - at first i though this polish would get lost next to my fair skin. I have very short nails and short nail beds. One coat of this polish keeps my nails looking very clean and natural. In the summer, when i do tan - this polish is great on my toes - 2 coats.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yet another over-hyped product. I swapped for this after years of seeing it mentioned in magazines as one the best neutral colored nail polishes on the market. I've tried other Essie nail colors, and while I appreciate that they all go on streak free and have great shine, I don't like the sheerness of them - particularly Mademoiselle. I applied two heavy handed coats of Mademoiselle, and it still looks very blah on me. Maybe this looks better on someone with a warmer skin tone - I'm extremely fair and this color just gets lost next to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

a sheer & shiny light pink that is very clean looking. I normally do not like sheer polishes but I do like this one a whole lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Flitter

Very decent! Very pretty polish. This is very,very sheer! I had to layer about 4 to 5x on bare nails to get the look I wanted. However, it is very long lasting, and this color is slow to show chips. Very pretty wearable shade on my light cool toned skin. Builds up to a very very light pinkish nude, just like the bottle advertises, except it is prettier on nails because it has a nice shine. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by xxfreezepop

this is a pretty pale pink nail polish that looks very put together. this is my HG nail polish and my only complaint is the brush is too small. i wish essie made wider brushes like OPI because i prefer essie colors to OPI.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 2:57:00 AM More reviews by ParisXIII

I really like this. There is nothing special about it, its a super sheer baby pink, but it really adds to my clear or glitter topcoats.

I wear it under Chanel Pepite or Chanel Diamond for a natural looking mani. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by kcarr325

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's essie, so of course it's a great product - but the color is just to sheer for me. It looks perfect in the bottle, but I've never been satisfied with the way it looks on. Ballet slippers is much better for me.