Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 4/14/2008 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This polish is nothing special. I don't get all the hype. If you're looking for a nail polish that makes your nails look shiny and groomed, sure, Essie's Mademoiselle does the trick but personally, I rather use a more nude color than waste my time with Mademoiselle. One coat makes my nails look shiny with the tiniest hint of pink. In fact, it actually looks like I have clear nail polish on. Two coats gives my nails a pinkish-white color. Anymore than two coats washes me out and looks horrible. FYI, I have light to medium-colored skin.

Oh, lastly, the feel of the polish is really smooth once it's dry. I compared it to my Chanel polishes that feel sticky after they dry, and hands down, Essie is better.

on 4/14/2008 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this polish! It's very light pink without being too white or too bubblegum. It goes on nicely and lasts for days. I'm planning on wearing it on my wedding day.

on 4/4/2008 11:46:00 AM

A very good color. The polish lasts. Essie has a wide selection of nail polishes and fair prices. Most nail salons carry them also. A very good hue.

on 3/24/2008 1:05:00 PM

I'm on to my third bottle of this, it is the perfect sheer pink for my nails. I usually do a french manicure with this teamed with Essie's marshmallow on the tips which looks gorgeous. If i'm short on time one coat of mademoiselle makes my hands look pretty, clean and manicured.
Essie polishes are my favourites as they just seem to last ages on me, I have tred OPI and although I like them and the colour choice they just don't last as long.
Mademoiselle is my HG colour for nails and french mani's I couldn't live without it!

on 3/22/2008 10:20:00 PM

Essie's Mademoiselle nail polish has officially replaced my former favorite pale pink neutral, OPI Bubble Bath. I like the color better - not as milky as Bubble Bath but a pink with more clarity - very classic look and perfect for manicures. It doesn't chip as easily as Bubble Bath and isn't as streaky. What more can you ask for?

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Dear Essie Mademoiselle,
This is why beauty editors rave about you: First, you're a very subtle color that just exudes subtle prettiness. Second, you don't chip easily. Thirdly, you dry quickly. And fourth, you're versatile. You work as a mani or pedi and is flattering on most skin tones. I see you as the Audrey Hepburn of the polishes: graceful, simple, classy, and reliable.
Sincerely,
me

on 3/19/2008 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Thought it was overhyped-- saw it in a magazine awhile ago and decided to try it~ It seems to wash me out (asian light-med skintone) and was very sheer, I actually prefer Ballet Slippers over this one!

on 3/1/2008 5:17:00 AM

This is my absolute favorite nail polish!! I love this color soooo much! It is sooo pretty. It is a really light pastel pink that is so pretty on my nails. I think this would look good on paler skinned gals because it is a whitish pink color. Only need to apply 2 coats to achieve the color of the bottle but when I want a more natural color, even one coat is enough. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL and DEFINITELY A HG!!

on 2/16/2008 1:39:00 AM

I was using this polish all the time on my hands i wear my nails as an american manicure. This i put on the back off the nail and off white on the tips.

on 2/13/2008 12:19:00 AM

Essie is my favorite brand of nail polish and Mademoiselle is my favorite shade. I have fair skin that tans and Mademoiselle is the most flattering shade of polish I've tried. It's opaque enough that it gives my nails a creamy, pale pink color, but translucent enough that the whites show through. When I'm wearing it, it looks like I have a very subtle French manicure. Actually, people often think I've had a French manicure when I'm wearing it. I often get it applied at a salon, but I find it easy to apply myself without creating streaks too. I've tried Ballet Slippers. I like it, but much prefer Mademoiselle. Mademoiselle is a creamy, semi-opaque pink, whereas Ballet Slippers is almost white (I barely detect pink in it when I have it on) and much more opaque. Even though I love the way this polish looks, I only gave it a four out of five (and will probably not repurchase) as I prefer to use Priti polish (Priti Organic Spa) as I know it doesn't contain formaldehyde, toluene or phthalates.

Top Rated Essie Products