August 21, 2014 | 1775 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by bittersweetjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This primer is so dreamy! I purchased it mainly to use as my daily sunscreen. I need an SPF that is lightweight and non-greasy for everyday wear, and let me tell you, they are hard to find when you have super-oily-yet-super-sensitive skin. This works beautifully. I had been using MAC's Prep + Prime SPF 55, and while I do still like that, I prefer the Hourglass primer because it just feels lighter on the skin. It's very fluid, very silky (without that heavy silicone feel), and virtually imperceptible on the skin. Since I got this to use primarily as a sunscreen, the foundation priming part is secondary to me. That said, I do find that it extends the wear of my foundation and seems to keep it from sliding around on my face throughout the day. I do think it's ridiculously overpriced, but I am willing to shell out the big bucks because I like it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used a sample of this over two days after Clinique DDML and before Pur Minerals 4-in-1. It was a hit!!
Pros: glides on smooth, foundation applies so easily and evenly, mattifies instantly, controls oil throughout the day, HOLDS makeup in place (lasted through an entire day of cheer practice) but still allows the natural glow of minerals to come through. No blemishes or reactions resulted at all.
Cons: Nothing bad to say here aside from the price of over $50 (but I'd still pay it!) And I'd have to order it online so it's not readily available unfortunately.
If you're a mineral makeup user, this product is a must-have! I'm adding it to my next Sephora order :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

OMFG. If there was a primer I would be buried with, it would be this. This is unlike anything else I have ever used, its truly a veil, very light and glides over your face. Foundation looks fantastic and a tiny amount is all you need. I used to have a lot of primers but all you need is this and a silicone based one (I use GA Face Fabric). This is best used with a foundation that needs more slip and is also great with powder or mineral foundation. Costs a bomb and the sunscreen settles quickly so you need to shake it with each use. The only improvement I could see is for it to come in an opaque squeeze tube with a shaker inside, which would prolong the life and mix it better than what it does now with the pump design. Great for all skin types and absorbs oil well. This is better than anything GA or LM has to offer. It is not very often that I have my socks knocked off with a product, this is so good that I cant even find my socks!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Cyndiiisayshi

I absolutely love this product :]
Didn't make my face oily and kept my make-up on for 8+ hours. Also great because of the SPF.
a little pricey but it lasts forever. I promise!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by astronaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best primer I have ever tried and I've tried quite a few. Laura Mercier, Philosophy, Smashbox regular and light, Urban Decay, Makeup Forever, Hard Candy, Monistat gel, Laura Geller. I feel like I've tried all the popular ones and this is the only primer that stood out and was different from the rest. It is very runny which is great because it's easy to spread throughout the face to ensure you have a thin layer on. It's a liquid but feels like silk when you put in on the skin. Foundation applies much more effortlessly, my makeup stays fresh longer, it slightly controls my oil, and the extra SPF is very much appreciated.

The only problem is that it's freaking expensive! Dang Hourglass! Their prices are sometimes higher than Chanel! However this is the best that I've tried so it's worth it to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is probably the best primer I've every used--but at $52 USD, the price is pretty steep. It feels like silk, and it has SPF, which is a nice benefit to have in a primer. I just wish it cost less...if it did, I'd recommend it to everyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

2/14/2011: Ok, I am breaking up with you, Veil Mineral Primer. I'm wearing it today with NARS Sheer Glow and I'm not sure if it's just not compatible with this particular foundation or what, but I've noticed that it's breaking up as much as it would sans primer, possibly more. So up for swap you go!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I haven't tried many primers, but I am cautiously optimistic about this one by Hourglass. It glides on easily, is lightweight, and does make my foundation last longer although there is some wear by the end of the workday. It does contain dimethicone, but I suppose that's a necessary evil in order for the product to glide on like silk. I will continue to use this and update my review as necessary, but right now I'm a fan!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by emily_ibis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went into Mecca Cosmetica looking for some new eyeshadow and tried this primer while I was in there. I have a very embarrassing side effect from a medication I have to take, it causes excessive facial sweating (TMI I know) I had been told over and over that all I could do was use harsh antiperspirants or have surgery to relieve the side effects. I applied the primer and within 5 minutes my face was dry and felt smooth and silky, it remained more or less dry all day despite the heat and having to run after a small child.

I haven't given the product a long term test yet so I won't give it the highest rating, but based on the results I have had so far I am impressed and more than happy to pay the $79AUD for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Debaloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first primer I ever used. Since I purchased the foundation also I wanted to test it with application on half my face only. I noticed that it made a noticeable difference in the coverage of the foundation- much smoother. Very silky consistency but after testing others on the back of my hand I notice they all have the same consistency. I will try a few others when I am finished with with this bottle to compare the results mainly because of the price. If I can find one that works as well and is cheaper I will switch.
The packaging is great- nice smooth pump that you can easily control- glass bottle. It lasts a long time too- about 6 months. You can't go wrong with the SPF in Hourglass foundation and primer- it also has good skincare ingredients, feeling good about putting it on my face after investing so much in other skincare treatments. As unsaid before- the only draw back is the $60 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by looovemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, looooove, love this primer.. i tried so many before and none worked like this one.. I tried LM oil free, smashbox photo finish, both YSL primers (sample size, enough to use at least 5 times), Lancome La Base Pro, etc... This one is hands down the best primer I ever used.. I applied my makeup at 7:30AM and right now it's 6PM and my make up is still perfect.. my face is not oily at all :))) I am very happy to find my HG primer!! The foundation that I used with all the primers is YSL teint resist!
It's a little pricey but oh well.. it will last forever ;)