Retin A

4.1

Retin A Cream Each g of cream contains: tretinoin 0.01%, 0.025%, 0.05% or 0.1% in a bland, hydrophilic base. Nonmedicinal ingredients: butylated hydroxytoluene, isopropyl myristate, polyoxyl (40) stearate, purified water, sorbic acid, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol and xanthan gum. Retin A Gel Each g of gel contains: tretinoin 0.01% or 0.025%. Nonmedicinal ingredients: butylated hydroxytoluene, ethanol undenatured and hydroxypropyl cellulose. Retin-A Liquid (0.05% Tretinoin w/w) polyethylene glycol 400, butylated hydroxytoluene and alcohol (denatured with tert-butyl alcohol and brucine sulfate) 55%

on 10/26/2010 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Well, obviously I have an amazing product on my skin. Blackheads were climbin in my pores, snatchin my beauty up, tryna rape it. I took my makeup off and was like you better hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husb. I started using Retin A .025% 2 months ago every night, and my skin is better than it has been in my whole life. Acne, you are so dumb, you are really dumb, fo real. Run n tell that

on 10/8/2010 12:48:00 AM

I started using retin-a a little over two months ago. I use the .025%. I have always had issues with my skin. I have bad blackheads all over and around my nose, new pimples popping up everyday and do get cystic acne which I despise. My skin has been this way for a very long time. I have found products to imrove my skin but nothing to make the acne just stop so my derm reccomended retin a.

The first 2 weeks I didn't notice much of a difference. And since then my skin has seemed to get worse. I haven't noticed much of an improvement yet, I still have blackheads, my cystic acne seems to actually have gotten worse, and I still get pimples. Something that has improved is when I get a new pimple it does seem to go away faster than usual; that is about the only thing though. My skin does peel and burn a little, but not bad at all, I think it's because I have .025%, the weakest form of retin a. My derm told me it would take about 12 weeks to see results so I still have 4 weeks left. So I will update then and hopefully I can say I have much clearer skin by then! I gave it a 3 because I really haven't seen that much improvement, but if by 12 weeks it's better I will change my rating accordingly.

on 9/26/2010 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

There are many over the counter products that are very helpful with preventing the signs of aging, but only two that have been proven to prevent the signs of aging and reverse it and that is sun screen and Retinold/Retin-A. There is a very bad purging process that you have to go through but stick with it, once you pass this purging process your skin will be absolutely flawless, plump, wrinkle free and glowing. I have been using Retinold for about 6 months and what a difference, it is truly amazing. I have used many over the counter Retinol creams, and they are no where near as effect as Retinold. Don't give up, even if you have purging, keep going, it will stop. Please don't forget your sunscreen everyday. Especially on the drivers side of your face.

on 9/26/2010 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Blehpppp....god awful product. No wonder it's prescription... messed up my skin's balance so bad. I can't even write more of this putrid thing. I think I'm just a weird person, all products others hate I love and all products others love I hate...*sigh*

on 9/17/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This made me break out super bad! I know there is a purging process but dang it was to much to handle gave it a good 3 months and could not take anymore! Once I stopped using it my face went back to normal! Now I have to repair the damage! Thanks RETIN-A!!!

on 9/13/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is a total HG for me! Seriously, if I was stuck on an island and could only have 1 beauty product I feel like I could live without everything else but my Retin-A cream. BTW - I use the Retin-A/Hydroquinone combo cream for reference. I have never had acne issues, but I have noticed a couple of fine lines AND sun damaged areas on my face. I have heard that it can take up to a year for the full effect, but I really saw results in about a month of daily use! For me, I don't have to take days off because it doesn't make my skin sensitive and I don't really even have noticeable peeling. This is such a multi-tasking product too - I have heard of so many skin conditions that this effectively treats. Make a trip to your derm and try this out!!

on 9/11/2010 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using Retin-A for 3 years. I went to the derm when I was experiencing bad cystic acne around my cheeks, along with dark scarring. At the time I was using many kinds of products, like benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, glycolic acid, the whole proactiv lineup, as well as Murad products! The derm took one look at my face and told me to stop everything and prescribed Retin-A micro .01% (the pump). I use a pea size amount for my whole face at night, and use cetaphil to wash and moisturize. This product did peel my face around the 2nd or 3rd week, but I didn't stop the treatment. This is the best product, and I have recommended it to everyone I know. My face is glowing and this stops the oil so I need less makeup, and I honestly feel comfortable without makeup now.

on 8/27/2010 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HD product. I have used tretinoin for >1 year and it never fails to deliver. At first it seems to make my skin red and sensitive, but after having used it for such a long time, I find it 'very calming' to my skin whenever I use acids on the same day. It just speeds up the healing and normalizes my skin taking away all the redness and flakiness. I will never go without my 0.1% tretinoin cream!!!

on 8/12/2010 11:58:00 PM

I'm 52 years old and the wrinkles seemed to start appearing overnight. I started using the generic Retin-A (tretinoin 0.025% gel) last winter. For the first couple of weeks I had terrible redness and peeling, my skin felt tight and sore, and after years of not having pimples, about 4 really nasty ones popped up. But, I kept on because I knew my skin would go crazy for a while & I might have a purge. To combat the dryness & peeling, I used Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream. It was the only moisturizer I could tolerate at the time, and it really helped!

Now, nearly a year later, I've moved up to the .01% cream. I buffer it with my moisturizer and use it every other night. I can say that I'm thrilled with the results! I've always had good skin but now it's even better. I stay out of the sun, & always wear sunscreen under my makeup, even in the winter. It's made a huge difference. No one believes I'm 52 and usually guess my age at around 35-40. I think my use of Retin-A is one of the reasons why ! I'll use it forever!

on 8/12/2010 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using Retin-A .5% since last Feb and I decided to write this now bc of the long HARD experince I've had with Retina-A and maybe it could help someone.
About a year an a half ago I started seeing a esthetician who was HIGHLY recommended and very well known in LI, NY. I was 32 at the time and even though I have nice skin I wanted it to look better and try and avoid botox and fillers as long as possible. In my quest for better skin my esthetician recommend a cocktail of retin-a .5% and hydroquinone. I was nervous bc of all the horrible things I've heard about retin-a over the years but she assured me it would ok...I trusted her and started.
In the beginning things were as expected really bad redness, chapping and peeling especially around the mouth area. I continued anyway even though I looked pretty bad. But nothing would be as bad as what happening around month 3. My skin looked horrible!! Breakingout, red scaley patched and more peeling. I was in tears just about everyday. My family didn't get it and my husband was constantly yelling at me to stop "that sh*t". I was repeatedly on the phone with my esthetician who pursuaded me not to give up. I was already about 4 months into treatment and I've come so far already that I didnt want to give up too.
So I continued...and about 2 months ago it just stopped. My skin now is pretty clear, calm and looks really even. I had EXTREMELY sensitive & rosacea proned skin & now my skin seem stronger and my rosacea is pretty much gone. Don't get me wrong its not a miracle. I still have some fine lines and I breakout sometimes but it was def worth it. My esthetician is recommending a year of retin-a with hydroquinone 3x times per week and then I will go on maintence. So we will see what happens then :)

Popular Treatments (Face)