LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 2/10/2004 6:03:00 PM

I've been using this powder for a couple of months now. Love the scent. It is amazing. The cocoa butter is nice too. Makes my skin so soft and silky. I like how the scent isn't too strong and overpowering. I'm not really a powder person but this made me get back to using them. The packaging is horrible. I really hate it. I mean, it looks nice and all but it doesn't function well. Once I try and pour a little in my hand, A LOT comes out. The packaging just isn't made right. It should be in one of those J&J baby powder packages with the little holes on top. I'm sure with this packaging, the scent will be lost in a few months. But even though this jar is so small, I think it'll last a long time even with everyday use. I think I got mine for $6.xx. Not cheap for dusting powder but hey, it makes my skin super soft. =)

on 2/1/2004 1:56:00 PM

This is the best dusting powder I've tried. A sweet floral scent (same as Alkmaar soap) and the powder goes on well. I'd buy it just for the scent!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Like most other Lush products, this was a bit of a disappointment. The only thing I would buy from them is the shampoo, mostly because I like the lather and the smell of some of them. Silky Underwear was above average, but nothing too special. It smells better than other powders I've tried, but tends to be messy. Nothing I can't live without, and definitely not worth the money. I'll finish it, and don't regret not getting to Candy Fluff (the glitter was way too gritty and large) but I won't be repurchasing.

on 1/25/2004 1:34:00 PM

Smells wonderful, not too chalky. My one complaint is the packaging. The hole openings are too big to be practical, and my container also leaks...

on 1/24/2004 2:59:00 PM

I am probably a big minority here, but I think that Silky Underwear STINKS! It smells like musky sweat to me, not a pretty floraly jasmine like I was expecting. This powder also shares the scent of Alkmaar soap (Which I can't stand either).

on 1/20/2004 10:44:00 AM

This is my all time fav body powder. The scent is soft and it feels like cool silk when applied. But why can't Lush figure out a way to make their powder easier to use? The container is useless, I always have to put Lush powders in a glass topped candy dish to keep it from going EVERYWHERE!!! But I have repurchased many times and will continue to do so.

on 1/17/2004 6:56:00 PM

The packaging is less than desirable, but the product is fantastic! The mix of jasmine & vetiver, is sweet, light & lovely, never overpowering. It glides over your skin like a feather. The cocoa butter bits are very moisturizing.

on 1/8/2004 3:00:00 AM

Good lord someone please let me know if this scent comes in other products. I just love it! It is just fragranced with jasmine absolute and vetivert oil, but the combination of the cocoa butter scent adds a chocolate, coconut, floral, musk quality that is so yummy. Oh yeah its a great powder too :P It really makes your skin soft. I havent noticed it ball up at all. But horrid packaging. I leave a tiny little corner open and shake it shake it shake it.

on 1/6/2004 12:58:00 AM

This powder is wonderful. It has a fresh, slightly sweet smell and it IS indeed silky. I had read the other reviews on this page before I used it, so I was ready for it to pour out all over the place...and it did. But the smell is so great, it makes the mess tolerable. I just dumped it into another container.

on 12/19/2003 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i agree with the other reviewers-the flimsy shaker dispenser is annoying. even when fully closed the powder still escapes...that's why i give it a 4 instead of a 5. however, i cannot find another body powder that has such a brilliant scent. very warm and spicy and sexy...i always get compliments when i wear this. another plus for this powder is the gentle formula, which doesn't irritate at all like other fragrant powders. i use it everywhere- i even sprinkle it in my lingerie drawer instead of using sachets.