Chloe Chloe (EDP)

4.2

on 4/15/2010 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

No, thanks... Way too sweet and heavy for me. When i tried the sample, it strongly reminded me of Nina Ricci's Love In Paris edp(if i had to choose between them, i'd prefer the second). It's one of those annoying fragrances that you can detect at any time, even if the person that wears it is at the opposite side of the street from you x.x

on 4/10/2010 7:14:00 PM

The packaging is great, looks expensive and everything.
I must agree with what one of the reviewers mentioned in a comment, that it smells like fabric softener- i would have said 'face cold cream' but yeah, pretty much THAT scent.

I don't know about the 'old' Chloe fragrance and i don't think it's available in shops anymore since they came out with this one.

The first time i tried it was a while ago, i was looking for a 'mild' perfume, something very baby-like, a neutral scent, something long lasting and strong yet particular but not 'woman'-like...i have my moments when i'd rather just smell like a freshly bathed moisturized baby skin...only stronger and with a hint of flowery tones. THIS is it.

I like the scent but i think it's too particular. It'll get noticed right away because there aren't too many perfumes that smell like this one (actual number, zero). The undertones or lower notes or whatever they're called remind me of Vera Wang's Look, another beloved of mine; Look is much more fruity-floral with a sharper edge so to speak, but this one can be similar in the beginning, when it's fresh on the skin.

The scent is strong, and the only word that comes to my mind when i think of it is 'creamy'. Imagine a huge wave of cream, powdered up and spritzed with a bit of freesia maybe, but still cream. That's Chloe's perfume. I like it, but i got tired of it in a second. Not to mention that after smelling this on me, a friend bought it herself...so i stopped using it.

If you want something clean, innocent, creamy and nude-ish, go for this one. It will mix very well with the natural skin odor because it has that fabric softener pureness in it. But if you're looking for something spectacular, make a different choice.

on 4/9/2010 9:12:00 PM

This fragrance is very pretty - but on me, it smells like *exactly* like Paul Smith Rose. It's not only been done before but Paul Smith Rose is more affordable.

on 4/3/2010 1:38:00 AM

WHY???? Oh why do fragrance houses always taking a classic scent...completely trashing it...coming up with a new scent and INSIST on naming it by the classic scents name??? WHY??? It's NOT the SAME scent, so give it a new name!
Well, they've done it again. I tried the "new" Chloe today. I expected the same classic rich floral with the mysterious spicy/woodsy undertones that I fell in love with in 1988 (gift after birth of first child)...what I got was some hideous scent that immediately made me think "fabric softener" (and that was BEFORE I read what the critic below stated)
It's AWFUL! Not even close to the classic Chloe scent.
Compare the notes used to make the classic and real Chloe with the ingredients in this cheap smelling Coty type imposter...
Chloe (classic) Perfume for Women by Chloe
A stunning original...
Karl Lagerfeld created Chloe perfume for the design house in 1975. This feminine and rich tuberose floral fragrance blends the central note with daffodil, lily of the valley, coriander, jasmine, rose and honeysuckle over a warm base of sandalwood, amber, oak moss and fresh greens. A stunning original.
-VS- The "New" but not real Chloe
Chloe (new) Perfume for Women by Chloe
Romantic, luxurious, elegant...
Launched in 2008. A light but luscious scent, Chloe opens with pink peony, rose, and lychee; has a heart of lily of the valley, magnolia and velvet rose. A rich base is provided by warm cedarwood, amber, and honey rose.

Review by NYT Scent Critic Chandler Burr
★ Do Not Inhale
Not only is Chloé an uninteresting, clichéd floral (why are houses still launching saccharine, vaguely unidentifiable composite flowers?) it smells like a perfume masquerading as a fabric softener. Read more...

As the critic said above...the "New" Chloe smells like fabric softener. I wanted this to be the original and thus only REAL Chloe perfume...the classic scent with some depth, some mystery behind the white floral...but, sadly, it isn't
Where is the oak moss? The woody undertones?
This is a sad effront to the real Chloe...
Please, if you want to smell like this...save some $$$...rub yourself down with a fabric softener sheet.
I'd give this imposter negative lippies if that were possible.

on 4/1/2010 11:58:00 AM

Love this.. It makes me feel classy and sexy at the same time, a rare combination imo, because 'sexy' fragrances often smell extremely sweet and musky.
This one doesn't! It's a nice floral scent with a touch of citrus in the beginning. It lasts all day, leaving a soft, light, sexy, floral and womanly scent. I love that it's not 'girly' at all, like so many perfums/edt are.
Just a great scent. Will buy again!

on 3/28/2010 2:10:00 PM

Love it! And I'm not exactly the biggest fan of floral scents. This is not an overwhelming scent but enough. People always ask what I'm wearing when I put this on...it's so beautiful!

on 3/21/2010 1:44:00 PM

I've been searching for a signature scent and I'm pretty sure I've found it! It's a lovely soft floral that is subtly alluring and appropriate for every conceivable occasion. I thought that it didn't have much staying power after like 6 hours, but I think it may just be that I grew accustomed to the scent after awhile because my bf could still smell it. Love it!

on 3/21/2010 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

the cute packaging is what initially attracted me to the product but the scent is just as lovely as well. im really bad at describing scents but it smells soft and nice, perfect for everyday. the only problem is that its not long lasting! ive been wearing it for about 5 hrs and i can barely smell it which is disappointing since its pricey compared to other perfumes :( btw i have the EDP version

on 3/20/2010 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I first smelled this in a magazine sample. Ever since...hooked. It has a perfect harmony with my skin. This could easily become a signature scent.

It is expensive at 110.00 for 2.5oz, but a little goes a long way..it should last a while....no buyers remorse here!

on 3/16/2010 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

OMG. This has to be one of my top 3 HG perfumes!! My sister and I decided to go out mall shopping one Sunday and we weren't looking for perfumes-- the SA was spraying everyone she could in a 2 feet distance from her. I decided to try it out and I am glad i did! It smells sooo good! Usually my sister and I taste on fragrance is opposite, but this seems to work very well with BOTH of our chemistry! I was super excited! I loved it because of the rosey caramel soft smell. You will have to get the Eau de Parfum in order for the scent to last.. at $85 for a small 1.7oz it's quite pricey, but i tell you, it lasts and lasts.

Definite winner for me. I will continue to repurchase. Love the scent!~

Popular Fragrances