December 22, 2014 | 935 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Before I purchased Brow Wiz, I read the glowing reviews here first. I have to say, this is the first time I have been dissappointed with the reviews before purchasing. I was so excited to make this purchase because my brows are sparse. While I DO love my NYX and BE "BLACK" *nudge, nudge*, I'm totally emphasing the word black because that is the color of my brows, sometimes you just feel like changing your routine up a bit. I thought it might be a good change to go with a thin tipped automatic pencil. After all, Anastasia of Beverly Hills is THE eyebrow expert. So...lemme tell you about my experience...I purchased the darkest color: Brunette. At first glance it looked pretty decent. The brunette color is a dark, dark taupe. I figured if I applied with a heavier hand, it would blend nicely. First of all, the "lead" in the automatic pencil dropped out as soon as I took it out of the box. I managed to fix it though. So...l applied and drew the brows in. The color did not blend. It was too light and yes. It oxidized. My brows turned an orangey-taupe. I am now beginning to think I am a freak of nature. It is a shame that Ms. Anastasia cannot introduce a true black to her line. If she did, this pencil would have been a four-star product. There is some good out of this though. It does make for a base for my powder--so all is not lost. However, I will not repurchase. I'm really sick and tired of these so-called beauty experts insisting that all women with black hair need to go a shade lighter with brow makeup. Some of us actually LIKE our dark brows. We are comfortable with it. Back to my NYX and BE!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Can I say I'm in love? I own Medium Ash. The pencil has lasted me months, I bought it in July and it's still good with daily use.

It lasts all day long. Glides on creamy. The point makes it easy to draw thin or thicker and it never needs sharpening. Love, love, love. No drugstore product compares to this. And the color blends in so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by mgfer

I ordered this recently, together with some other products of this brand. I canīt believe how this draws my brows sooooooooo naturally!!. I have been using brow products for years and years and all of them looked too obvious. To the bin they have gone!. This is what I have been seeking all my life. IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

This is the best brow pencil i've ever used. It has the convenience of 2 in 1. I have this in medium ash and it makes my brows look very natural and full. You just fill in brows with the liner with small strokes then on the other end is a brush to make it look more natural and even it out. Only problem I had with this is the last one I had the brush end broke off and got stuck in the cap so i couldn't use the brush. luckily, i had another brush that came from another set so i used that. This didn't happen to the one i have now because i'm more careful with it. i will continue to still purchase this though because its the only one i trust to give my brows a perfect arch

UPDATE-9/28/2012
I've had a problem lately with the lead/liner falling out and it's a pain to put back into it. Not sure if this is just me, but I'm not happy about that since I'm paying 20+ dollars for an eyebrow pencil. I have since switched to maybelline brow retractable pencil & I'm loving it just as much. However I wish it had the spooly at the end like this one instead of the comb. I just can't see spending that much money when the product keeps falling out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by ShiShiPooPoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best. It is very user friendly and natural. I use the darkest shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by alexikiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best brow pencil ever. My eyebrows have never looked so natural in all of my life, and I have been obsessed with eyebrows for years. I doubt I will ever use anything else again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by ziacoop

This pencil has a fine tip and applies well. The pencil may be slightly thicker than Dior Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil, but it works just as well, and is $8 cheaper. Medium Ash works just as naturally on my brows as Dior. The pencil is still super thin and gets lost in my bag, but I love that it has a cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by annang

This pencil is so easy to use and natural. Love how fine the tip is and how it goes on the brow. A light hand and soft strokes goes a long way. The pencil looks so tiny for the price but I think it goes a long way. I use it every day to just fill in the ends of my brows after applying a brow powder- for when I want a more defined, clean strong brow. It blends in well with my eyebrow hair and the fine strokes of the pencil really make it look more natural and not drawn on stencil brows. It stays on all day without getting greasy or somehow disappearing / get splotchy / shiny at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by scrappymamas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite brow pencil to use!!!. It is awesome when your on the run. It has a brow brush at the end that allows you to blend the pigment effortlessly into your brows. No one can ever tell i have filled in my brows. The just look perfectly sculpted. The price is well worth it. And the product lasts for ages<3 also the color selection is perfect the work for almost everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes. Yes. Yes. Will definitely repurchase.

So very glad I bought this pencil. I've only had it two weeks, and I love it .....

Not only are my eyebrows disappearing (over 40) but I way overplucked in my teens. They've never grown back, and filling them in properly (as always prescribed by the beauty editors, makeup artistes, and Anastasia herself) has been one of my biggest beauty challenges.

This is the FIRST pencil I have EVER used in which I can extend my inner brows towards the center, as well as out, without thinking I have on that phony baloney penciled eyebrow look.

I've never liked Anastasia's brow stencils .... while I think they are great for women who are in front of the camera and need more makeup, for everyday brow filling, the prescription of powder and stencil, at least on my features, is way too much. Does. Not. Suit. My. Tastes.

This product allows me to extend my brows with a very subtle natural look. Love it. It does not tame or add volume to the brows you have (I use Lancome's "Modele Sourcils," and Anastasia's brow wax or brow gel), what you can do is get a perfect natural base color with the feather strokes this pencil allows you to create.

Can't speak to how long this pencil lasts, but I will stockpile, for certain. Don't want to be without this one. If you can't stand that overdrawn brow look, and need to frame your eyes, try this.

I am beyond delighted.

ETA: I purchased in the light ash, and the color is perfect for me ... and probably another reason why I think it delivers a beautiful natural, defined brow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No