July 28, 2014 | 2052 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by amikathryn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fought with my brows most of my adult life. Fine hairs, sparse hairs, one that is flatter than the other. Brow he**. Recently, any brow product that I owned that I tried to use looked horrible. It was really affecting me emotionally. I hate that. I own Smashbox's Brow Tech, Laura mercier's brow Duo, Mac's Fling pencil, A couple of brow pencils From Milani; you get the picture. No combination of anything that I had was working. It all looked bad. I was searching online and came upon this product on Sephora's website. I figured it was something worth taking a look at close up so I called my local Sephora to make sure they had it and tripped on over. After I checked it out, I bought 2. I have to say that I'm very happy with the results. I still use some of the Laura Mercier's brow Powder over it but the Brow Wiz has made a major positive change in my brows. I am sold on this! Obviously, I'll repurchase.....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by DesignerLady

The best thing about this (for me) is it's a really thin and fine mechanical brow pencil "draws the teeny tiniest of lines". It is stiff enough to draw little fake hairs in and blendable enough to brush into the skin. I have pale skin medium strawberry blonde hair. I bought this ($ 18.00) in Medium Ash. This is the color in the middle I considered Ash Blonde (the lightest color) but it didn't even show on my skin, so I went wish Medium Ash. I like it, it defines and yet it doesn't really show up as makeup. Another good thing for me is it doesn't look orange (I find some brow makeup for blondes looks orange) this is just right. The package is nice I use the spooly brush on the end to blend it in and yeah it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I have light-to-medium brown hair, but very dark brown brows. I certainly don't need help darkening my brows, but I like to fill them in. (After plucking and trimming the hairs look sparse!) I bought Ash Blonde because I wanted something to add a soft shadow. I'm afraid that any of the darker colors would make my already strong brows look way too overdone! The Ash Blonde is a very soft, light, brown-taupe, that is not too gray. The pencil itself not very soft at first, but that helps me control the amount of color I add. The pencil warms up after a few strokes, and it becomes darker as you can layer it on. I think the hardness of the pencil will help the product itself last longer too!

The spoolie end is super soft and smoothes out the color and hair. It's perfect for blending and evening out the color & shape of the brow. Since MAC's Porcelain/Browning brow shader is being discontinued, this Brow Wiz is my new HG!!!!

I will definitely buy this many more times, and it is honestly worth the price.

**Edit** I am currently on vacation, and managed to go 24 hours without throughly washing my face. I started looking at my brows and thought, "They look good, maybe I don't need to use that pencil after all!" Then I scrubbed them, and they half faded away!! What I was looking at, and thinking was totally natural, was this pencil still on after 24 hours of living (with 9 hours of sleeping too!!!) No powder can beat this product in staying power!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by CeeZeeCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this !

I lost 2/3's of one eyebrow due to a basal cell carcinoma about a month ago and have been struggling (after it healed enough) to find a combination of pencil and e/s to help fill in the missing area. I've tried a number of pencils from YSL, MAC, etc. This is the first that goes on softly, looks realistic, and stays put. I use this to fill in lighter spots on my 'good' brow and then go to town filling in the bare area in my other brow.

Luckily the 3rd of a brow I was left with is mainly the area near my nose and a bit at the end. So I basically draw hairs to 'connect the dots'. After that is sketched in, I go over it with two different colors of e/s (a light taupe and a dark brown). My hair is grey but my eyebrows are a dark ash and it takes a couple of colors to get the right look. The Brow Wiz color I got is Medium Ash and it works perfectly.

So, for those of you with missing sections or very light sections, I highly recommend this pencil. The softness of it really gives you a lot of control. And it stays!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by LarrieuBland2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I had found the best brow pencil in Mac, but I was wrong! Brow wiz is the best thing I have ever used on my brows...the precision, color and the brush at the opposite end make it so easy to apply for PERFECT brows everytime! LOVE,LOVE,LOVE!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by k3honey6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this for my brows! I wanted something else besides carrying around my brow powder and brush, so this pencilmade it very easy and convienint to do so. the color match is great for me, i am a NC30 and i use the medium ash one, and it looks VERY natural, when i fill in my brows. the spoolie on the end is great because its small enuogh for precision and my thin brows. a bit on the pricey end for a pencil, but i love it so much! if it were even half the price i would buy tons, i guess i have to wait for sephora to have discounts or something!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this tool for my brows! It's *so* much easier than using a brow pencil. I had previously used Kevin Aucoin's product that's almost identical to this and it was the best thing I ever used, and so was this, so I was definitely NOT let down! I would recommend this to anyone who's hesitant about a brow pencil, this is like a lead pencil that you click up when you've used the tip of it. It's very easy to control (MUCH easier than anything else I've used) and it allows you to fill-in very fine and delicate spots & then blend with the attached brush, so that it looks completely natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by besiktas1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this again? YES! I have fairly sparse and light brows but dark hair and can never find a brow pencil that doesn't look ridiculous on me. This is PERFECT. Thin line, perfect texture, easy to use. I even left it in the car accidentally and didn't have a melty pencil to deal with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2008 8:54:00 AM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Finally, an HG brow product. I have Brow Whiz in Medium Ash and it is perfect for my brows and skintone. I have black hair but my brows are very sparse so I always have trouble finding the right brow shade--too warm and my brows look infected, too dark my brows look drawn-in, too light and I look like a mime. The pencil is super thin but the best part is the hard, waxy formula. Or maybe it's not so hard and waxy. I don't know but it is PERFECT...much better than even the MUFE or Kevyn Aucoin brow pencils I tried. I also love the little spoolie on the other end which makes it a breeze to blend the color in. I'm just so sad now that I lost my Brow Whiz but I haven't been able to get a new one because Sephora is sold out in my shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by pugtales

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Yeah,you really don't get much product,but this is wonderful.This really gives me natural looking brows.I also love KA but in that one you REALLY don't get much product.I use the brunette,and it is a perfect match (LLL medium brown hair)
I love that i don't have to sharpen it and it comes with the brush,