September 2, 2014 | 1158 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in Medium Ash two days ago and it's turning out to be the best brow pencil I ever bought. The color is very natural looking, it goes on easily without it being too soft. But the best part is that it stays on all day. The price is a little steep but this way I won't be buying many other cheaper ones, that would add up to far more money, that don't work and will get discarded.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by luvsick99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic holy grail of a brow liner. Just like the last reviewer tokit said, I too used MAC brow crayon Stud (or Spiked), until I found perfection! I also agree that the Brow Wiz's Brunette (thier darkest available) isn't as dark as Stud, it is more natural and beautiful, despite my love of the distinct, flashy & cartoon. If I want them slightly darker, I lightly skim my black Chanel liner atop my Brunette brows after thier drawn. I love a very dark & thin 20's brow to one more filled in & natural 50's look. My brows are thinned out from years past & though a dark ash blonde, they are unseen & washed out w/o supplemented brow color. Brow Wiz also comes in Medium Ash, which is so damn perfect & natural looking. I buy em both, mix em or use one or the other. The super skinny, firm precision pencil QUICKLY creates the perfect brow with EASE. Then finish w/the spooley @ the other end, if needed. Application is seriously foolproof! There's less product than MAC's & its more pricey, but until I can commit to one brow style & tattoo em on, Anastasia will have me, $20 at a time. Hopefully, she'll add on a darker brunette soon enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by tokit

A thin Brow-Pencil by Anastasia Beverly Hills.
Until I met this pencil, I used to use the MAC Eye Brows in the color Stud. I wasn't very happy with that, but I didn't find anything better. Until I found the Anastasia Pencil. 0.08 gr, and the price is around 20$.

This Pencil comes in 3 shades, and I chose brunette, which is the darkest one. It is one tone lighter than the Stud, but dark enough for me. Actually, it looks much more natural.
The tip is very thin and soft. The result is a very natural brow look. The pencil is easy to blend, but on the other hand it stays put all day.

On the other side of the pencil there is a brow brush, which I don't find very useful, because I use a brow gel.

I am extremely happy with this product and would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by asporkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was a longtime client in Anastasia's Bev Hills salon until moving East and have used most of her brow products. Just bought this and like it so much more than the Perfect Brow Enhancer pencil, which I'd used for years (solo or with Anastasia's brow powder, to fill in a few holes from teenaged over-tweezing).

Unlike the older pencil which offers lots of color options, this only comes in 3 shades: a light tone for blondes, something called medium ash (which appears to be the same medium ash in the longtime thicker pencil) and brunette. I've used the medium ash for years - dark brown hair, dark brows - and found it worked fine with this product. I think I could've gone with the brunette as well, which is barely more brown but very slightly warmer. Those with other coloring might find the limited selection a problem but the medium ash seems pretty versatile.

What's good:
--the thinner pencil line (which doesn't need sharpening - it's like a mechanical pencil in its operation) is easier to use to fill in spaces, and enables you to add color more specifically and subtly - just a more manageable pencil
--in terms of staying power, I find this lasting as long as the older pencil

What could be better:
--a minor point, but the dark opaque case makes it hard to see how much pencil you've got sticking out to use, and I'm sure it's going to be impossible to tell when I've run out

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found an EXCELLENT dupe for this product - go try Milani Easybrow!

This one is a bit thinner than the Milani product so you're less likely to over-apply it but there's SO LITTLE product here!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Over the course of several years, I have worked my way through the Anastasia brow products (powder, pomade, gel). None of them worked nearly as well as this thin-tipped pencil which really is a whiz. My brows are fair and getting thinner, not at the tails but at the heads! (Yes, I am losing my heads!) Other products, including Laura Mercier brow definer, began to thin my brows with their silicon or chemical ingredients. Now I do not take any chances and I apply a very fine layer of Rosebud Salve on the brows, work it in (automatically defines them). Then I wait a few minutes and feather on the Brow Whiz. (This salve application will not work with the powder Dior pencil I have but that product has other problems as well.). I also use either Vaseline on my lashes and castor oil on my brows at night to keep the level of hair that I have; cannot attest to much growth but the lashes and brow hairs are softer and maybe a bit fuller in the middles.

The color selection from Anastasia is a bit frustrating. I am currently using medium ash and I am a medium auburn/dark strawberry blonde. I plan to use Natural Instincts next month to go darker auburn so I am hunting for a good color from Anastasia. Might try MakeUpForever Corrector. I will always keep a Brow Whiz in stock, however, so in one color or another, I will re-purchase. The colors tend to be too cool, but the product itself is very nice; it stays in place, does not glop in one spot, and allows a light, feathering application which looks natural. I honestly did not have to use brow anything until I was 46 (eight years ago), and so I'm playing catch-up with a makeup technique which some gals learned much much earlier. Anastasia has let me achieve as natural a look as I can get with Brow Wiz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My brows are awful. They are coarse, sparse, leaning to ugly dark brown with occasional gray ones. I really have to do them with Anastasia products every day to put my best face forward. My routine: Apply Anastasia Brow Filler on the nose ends of the brows (the fatter ends). I backstroke that powder in. Then, I use Brow Wiz in Medium Ash to shape the middle and ends of my brows. I love the tiny line that Brow Wiz makes. I can easily and quickly make little lines where I need it. Then, I comb the whole brow with the other end of the Brow Wiz, the little stiff Spooley. Sometimes, I'll add a clear setting gel product but I usually leave it here. The Brow Wiz tip is smaller than the Automatic Eyebrow Pencils from other makers, such as Estee Lauder. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Sulamith

My god. I`ve used this pencil for two years and never realized it was the only product Ill call HG until I lost it. Boy was it a harsh week. I literally kissed it when I found it under my car seat. If i could marry it, i would. This is the only eyebrow oroduct that has ever precisely matched my eyebrows, stays on all day even with my oily skin, and looks super natural. True love at last. I will use nothing else. I love u my darling eyebrow wiz.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by xoxsarahoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

i have the powder which i love and i've tried the original pencil so when this came out i had to try it...for reference my eyebrows are recovering from over-pucking in highschool...the 'holes' in my eyebrows are closer to the nose and this did not look natural when i applied it. maybe it would work better if my 'holes' weren't so big and bald and throughout my eyebrow instead of just the front...i do like the sleek packaging...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by beautyJenL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic pencil. I love this as much as the YBF pencil. Great hardness of pencil for natural looking brows!