November 28, 2014 | 1851 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sephoranut

Got this on Amazon for about $4.00 after reading all the positive reviews here. I absolutely love this thing!! Its great for scrubbing your back and it has completely removed all the red bumps on my upper arms... Definitely worth a try since it soooo cheap!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this product, but unfortunately, I just get really itchy from using it. I tried it for at least a month before I gave it away. My skin is just overly sensitive [and no it wasn't the scrubbing, because I thought that at first and tried being gentle with my skin and the outcome was the same.] But though, it didn't work out for me, my sister loved it! It got rid of her chicken skin on her arms and smoothed out her back so no more acne!

I tried this for my feet though and it feels so smooth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the pink one and love it! It's really great for your back, since it's hard to reach. This bath towel absorbs my all natural soap really well. I've been using bath gloves that are of this same material for years now and both make my skin feel like baby skin...I am really into taking care of my skin and could not live without these.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by mys_mimi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got these online and so far I'm lovin it!. Great especially for the back.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by deb2382

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yet another product that I would not ever have known about if it weren't for MUA! Ordered from saluxshop.com as suggested by reviewers below, service was quick and easy. This product is awesome. I don't like using messy scrubs and have dry skin on my legs - this is a magical solution to these problems I've been using the salux cloth for a week and a half and my legs are smoother than they've ever been - bumpy dry skin is almost completely gone. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Llorelei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this for $4.50 (free shipping with Prime) from Amazon due to the huge number of positive reviews, and wow! It's all true. My skin feels softer and I think my legs especially have never been smoother. The texture is very invigorating, wakes me right up in my morning shower and makes my skin tingle! I made my husband try it and now I have to purchase a second one for him.

Just a word of warning if you purchase this through the Amazon marketplace, make sure you use a reputable retailer. I purchased mine from Emma's Cosmetics & Skincare to be certain that I got the correct product. Some of the retailers will tell you they are selling the Salux product, but actually send you a Chinese knockoff brand that doesn't work nearly as well.

I will probably purchase through the saluxcloth.com website next time, since they are less expensive and offer free shipping.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by indiana2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thanks to a MUAer tip, I was able to purchase this at Sanko Trading here in Toronto. At $4.78, it didn't come cheap but after using it only twice, I can readily tell that my skin is already thanking me especially during the winters. It wasn't as rough as I imagined, based on some of the reviews, as I grew up knowing how to use a pumice stone. My husband said it reminded him of a gugo bark that his mother used to rubbed her skin with when she bathed, to which she attributed her smooth and glowing skin. I was pleased that it uses less soap, shocked at the amount of suds it produced. And even more pleased that it rinses so quickly. Its so much easier to clean your backside and that an after shower moisturizer adheres so well. If this last longer than a regular nylon bath puff with everyday use, I will surely purchase this for years to come despite the price tag.

Edit-12/02/11 You can actually purchase this, too at PAT Central Market in Koreatown, Toronto. They even have Korean versions of it that are equally good!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by 9Chickweed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Much thanks to MUA for this little gem of a product. I've never had a problem reaching my back while showering, but my husband most definitely does. Previous reviewers have described these towels in great detail so I won't go into that. Simple concept, but soooo helpful and great at exfoliating. My husband has said it all with his comment, "Where has this been all my life?" :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* History - I ordered this online from Joie at saluxshop.com (not affiliated) and the whole order process was smooth and worry-free from beginning to end. The international shipment arrived to me promptly, without delay and it also included a personalized note which was nice.
* Before using Salux - My skin was dry, flaky and generally unloved :(
* After using Salux - My skin now feels soft, pampered and so much more well cared for! The last time my skin felt this invigorated and clean was at the famous Turkish baths (hammam) in Turkey. Oh what an incredible experience a hammam is! In my opinion, using this Salux is the next best thing to having a Turkish bath at home :)
* Verdict - Many thanks to MUA for this awesome gem of a discovery! I love the Salux towel!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by HistoryLady71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these. I bought them because of the many recommendations on MUA and also Amazon. I bought them online from www.saluxshop.com and they came very quickly and were packaged nicely with a little note from the lady who runs the site. I love the exfoliation I get from them and do enjoy using them everyday. I also bought one for my husband and will probably give some of these as presents when appropriate to friends and family. I used to spend time and money buying scrubs or making my own, but since I've purchased these I have not really need any scrub. I think that some might find these a little too "scrubby" the first few days but they're worth getting used for the excellent results you get--you're skin will be absolutely smooth and glowing and your moisturizers will work better.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No