October 25, 2014 | 1608 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by TwiceBlessed

I am really on the fence about this product. I have it in blonde, and do like it for the most part.

The Pros: Goes on easy, great color - does not have the orange tint that many "blonde" eyebrow products has, lasts well.

THE CON: I have only had it two weeks and it is already almost gone. I only use it once a day. Since it is a twist up, I only extend enough for application, by the time I do one eye I have to twist up again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by devilzfood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've tried about 4 or 5 other eyebrow pencils from the drugstore, and this is by far the best. The pencil is quite thin, so it's easier to get a nice even line, and you don't have to sharpen it which is of course awesome. I like the color, the texture, and consistency. The only downfall is in the packaging. I was running the comb end of the pencil through my brow and it snapped right off. You'd think I was running it through sheeps wool or something the way it just came off, but my brows aren't that crazy, honest! But in all seriousness, this is definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Bronz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Define-a-brow in Dark brown:

This is definitely a great replacement for MAC lingering eyebrow pencil (which costs me $40 + post - as apposed to the maybelline pencil which cost me $15 from Woolworths)

The only thing that doesn't make sense is the little comb thing on the end? I'd much rather it have the Revlon Colour-stay Eyebrow pencil 'Spooly' end (the Revlon pencil is also a good one but i find the pencil itself a little thick where as the pencil in Define-a-brow is nice and thin.

Overall a great product and i will buy again! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

This is one of my favorite drugstore brow products. I have it in Medium Brown, despite I have dark brown brows - because I wanted it to match my medium brown hair. I think this is a great dupe for "MAC Brows" retractable pencil. It is slightly drier in consistency though. It's pigmented, but it's not overly pigmented where it looks unnatural. It has a almost powdery finish.. which adds to the natural look. Love this stuff - it lasts all day. You have to be careful not to twist the pencil too much or else it can break off and waste a lot of product. With daily use - it runs out sort of quick.. but it's more affordable than MAC's pencil.. so I'm happy I found a dupe. I've repurchased this several times already.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This color was fantastic. Unfortunately, the packaging is crap. I've had 3 of these break within the first week of purchasing them. Yuck. Also, it is very dry and not as waxy as I'd like. I'm at the point in my life where I'm over filling in my blonde brows, now I just let my bestie tint them. Will not waste $7 on this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by cnabbey88

Bought this in dark brown. I love it. The tip is super fine so you can get hair like strokes and make filling in your brows look natural. Lasts all day even through a work out with some intense sweating. I use a spooly brush to comb through my brows but the comb would be nice for people with long brow hairs. Def would recommend for anyone looking for something to fill in their brows that's easy to use. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by ainacupcake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good value for money! I bought the Dark Brown colour from Priceline for about $12AUD compared to my Mac Fling which is $30AUD. It is darker than Fling but it still works for my complexion. I don't think this shade will work for fairer skinned people. When applying go easy on the strokes so you won't have defined lines. After applying I usually smudge this to avoid hard edges and to make it look more natural. It stays put all day and lasts a considerable amount of time, at the end of the day it has faded a little bit but not completely. As for the brush, I think I found some use to it! If I am tweezing my eyebrows I use it to lift up the hairs and tweeze the small baby hairs that get hidden underneath...if that makes sense. Overall happy with this! Will purchase again but will try a lighter shade! For reference, I use Nars Sheer Glow Barcelona and Mac Face & Body in C5 :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I bought 3 of these Define-A-Brows: 2 in Light Brown, one in Medium Brown. The first Lt. Brown had to be returned to CVS because the twist-up part of the pencil was broken right from the get-go and I never even got to try it. I paid over $9 in CVS for this with tax, so I returned it for a full refund.

The 2nd pencil I bought in Medium Brown for about $5 in Target. There were no Light Browns on the shelf, so I opted for the med. brown. At least THIS pencil worked... but unfortunately, the color did not. Too dark. Made me look like the woman who wanted to steal those Dalmatian puppies and make a coat out of them.

Found another Lt. Brown Define-A-Brow in Harmon Discount for less than I paid in Target. This pencil turned out to be the darkest, light brown eyebrow pencil I had ever tried. What the ----??? (sigh) Can't seem to hit it right with these drugstore brow pencils. I used this pencil only TWO TIMES... and the darn thing broke and wouldn't twist up anymore... just like the first one I bought!!! What garbage! Well, I don't care if they start selling these pencils for a penny; I won't be spending another cent on these garbage eyebrow pencils from Maybelline. Guess I'll stick with the more expensive ones-- that work. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

This is the best eyebrow pencil I’ve ever used (I also like Almay’s brow defining pencil, but this one costs less). My eyebrows are a little sparse at the edges, so I use this to fill in between the hairs. I’m a blonde but my eyebrows are a medium brown, so I think the “dark blonde” color works the best for me. Adds shape w/o making them too dark for my pale face.

I really like the packaging too – I really suck at sharpening a pencil w/o breaking the tip off, so I need the swivel-up kind. I once got a “dud” where the stick was broken up inside the container. But I still got a lot of use out of it, and that only happened to 1 out of 5 pencils.

My only complaint (and it’s a minor one) is that I wish it had a little brush at the end instead of a comb.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this in dark blonde to fill in the outer tails of my brows. Goes on well, lasts all day, easy to use (no sharpening woo hoo!). Not to hard or too soft, and this color blends in with my brows very naturally. The only thing is the little comb at the end, which I find so handy for primping my brows, tends to fall off. I fixed it with a dab of glue, but just be aware it can fall off.

Not a very glamourous product, but it gets the job done. Supposedly dupe for a MAC pencil, but the MAC pencil is actually cheaper per ounce. Since I can get this in a drugstore quite easily but I need to haul myself over to MAC and make a special trip, I will stick with Maybelline.