Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 6/17/2011 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this eyebrow pencil!!! I prefer this than the wet and wild. It is so precise lasts all day and most importantly it does not look fake!!!

on 6/13/2011 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Other reviewers have compared this pencil to MAC's, and rightly so. It has the same ease of use and staying power as the equivalent MAC product. I use the Dark Blonde/Light Brown colour, whose tone is somewhere in between MAC's Fling and Lingering. I would point out, though, that the MAC pencil consists of 0.09 grams--i.e. 90 milligrams--of product, and that the Maybelline product consists of 50 milligrams. Thus the Maybelline pencil is only a screaming deal if you get it on a good sale. (Or at least, this is the case in Canada, as the regular Shopper's Drug Mart Price for the Maybelline pencil is $9.)

I love this thing. I heard Maybelline Define-a-Brow is exactly the same as Mac's brow pencil but for a fraction of the cost, so I wouldn't even try it since it's more expensive. I find these pencils a lot easier to use than powders and even though I've been told that powder gives eyebrows a more "natural look" I don't notice much of a difference. Plus my brows are somewhat sparse so they're especially easy to use if you need to draw out your shape. This thing is definitely idiot proof.

on 6/6/2011 8:52:00 PM

I'm blonde and have semi-invisible eyebrows. This product is the best eyebrow definer I've ever tried. I have it in light blonde and it's awesome! Very easy to use, looks great and is cheap.

on 6/2/2011 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The product alone I will give it 4 lippies, but adding up its low price ( I got mine for 4 dollars), I will rate it 5.
It has enough shades to pick up and mine is soft black. I use this eyebrow pencil to do a eyebrow base. and then I double with wet n wild eyebrow shadow to create a more natural looking. I just recently got this eyebrow pencil and I have very oil skin, especially in the summer. I have oils out very frequently all over my face, also including my eyebrows. I found that by using this eyebrow pencil as a base, my eyebrow stays longer, wont that easily smear off. like it!

on 6/2/2011 4:04:00 PM

this is an HG product for me. I didn't care for it at first, so I tucked it away and forgot about it. It got pulled out when I started my P10P and I've grown to love it. It defines my brows so easily, almost foolproof. its the most natural look for my brows. Will definately repurchase when I'm out (which isn't too far away).

on 6/2/2011 12:45:00 AM

I have blonde eyebrows and they are very fine. I have to draw my eyebrows from the arch to the end of the brow. This product was way to creamy it just smears off. Also figuring out what knob to twist was a good 5 minutes. The packaging seemed cheap and I did not like the comb at the end. I loved the thin tip that twists up though! so convenient.

on 5/16/2011 12:45:00 AM

This is the first and only eyebrow pencil I've ever used, and I am definitely not disappointed! I bought it in Dark Blonde/Light Brown. My eyebrows show way too many clumps of individual hairs normally, making me look kind of more like a guy, but this pencil looks completely natural with my hair colour and fills in all the gaps! You only need several brief, light strokes in the desired places to get the look you want, too, which is a timesaver. As I've seen so far, it's pretty good at staying put on my brows; not 24-hr by any means, but a good solid 8 hrs' wear at least, which is more or less all I need. My only issue is with price: it's pretty expensive, and for a university student on a tight budget, it goes a bit over the top.

However, if you have connections and can get yourself to a L'Oreal Warehouse Sale once a year, I'd stock up on this stuff!

on 5/15/2011 11:05:00 PM

I gave this product a middle of the road rating. The cost was $7+ for a brow pencil. Another issue I had that the pencil crumbled and broke off too easily.

I can get the 2 pack of the red Maybelline pencils for about $4 so I will stick with that instead.

on 5/15/2011 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Let me start off by saying that I really love this product. If money isn't an issue then I'd definitely say go for it! However, I'm a college student and I use this every day because my eyebrows are extremely pale in comparison to the hair on my head. I get this product for about $7.50 and I run out relatively fast so I won't be buying this again until I can actually fit this into my budget.
Anyways, about the product. It's not a weird orange/red color that I usually find with eyebrow pencils. It's basically the perfect color! I like that you twist it to get the product, but I don't like that you can't twist the other way and put the product back in! I feel like you don't get much product though.