September 18, 2014 | 897 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by atsui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this after doing my MUA product review researching. I really hate MAC face products. This was an exception - the first one that hasn't GIVEN me blackheads and whiteheads. I use my Sephora kabuki brush to apply it and set my foundation (does a good job, managed my oil for about 8 hours). It's got great coverage and looks fantastic by itself (and I'm a girl who loves her full-coverage foundations). Mineral products usually burn my skin, but I haven't noticed that so far. After buying this, I returned my MAC Blot Powder.

Packaging: I hate MAC packaging. One small bounce off the carpet and your makeup is toast i.e. crumbled to pieces beyond repair. I won't take this one out in my purse with me, and when I travel, I'm going to have to protect it inside a facecloth. No mirror, but I don't need mirrored compacts. Excess powder inside the compact makes opening the compact risky/messy to open at times. At least the lid is clear so you can quickly assess the damage after you drop it. I like the fact that MAC recycles plastics like this.

Price: $33 CDN.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG what am I missing here??? This is just plain old powder, nothing special. WHY do you guys like this so much? I compared this with regular MAC Blot and not only was Blot more nice and matte, but it stayed on better and more evenly. For this price, you'd think this would be a miracle product, but no such thing. Plain old powder -bleh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Dianasawrr

I love using this to set my foundation, and it doesn't give me the "cake face" that can be caused by powders. I probably wouldn't use it by itself as a foundation because it's pretty sheer and I'm insecure as hell. It does cost a grip, but it will last you forever. I've had mine since January, and I've barely broken the dome. Hands down, best powder I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by mary87

I love this powder! Since I'm fair skinned I use as a bronzer just too give me a bit of a glow, since most bronzers turn up orange on my skin. Glides on smooth over liquid foundation and contours the face nicely. MAC face makeup usually tends to break me out (Their studiofix foundation ruined my skin) but I've been using this powder for a year now and so far I've had no problems with it! Highly recommended!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Glam1

Great powder.You can use it alone or over foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by gbabyglo

love this stuff. i use it as a setting powder, but on the days when i'm in a rush...i just put this on by itself and its amazing! love it. sheer, but not too sheer!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by BaDKiTTy69

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I use it everyday with 182 brush, most of the time I use concealer and this powder. It looks great over foundation also. Will deffinatly buy again, I am going through my second one already. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by jjjenko

I've always been wanting to try this, and after my MUA used it to set my f&b foundation, it looked amazing. Made my skin feel great. Great for setting foundation. I seriously do not know how I lived without this!! The price is not bad at all, definitely worth $25! Will definitely repurchase again and again!! I just wished it came with a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 9:27:00 AM More reviews by karlayvonne

a very good powder. i like it alone or over my foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by fragileeden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a setting powder and the extra coverage over my tinted moisturizer. It makes my skin look very even. It feels light and very natural. It also made my too-light concealer a little more bearable to use. The powder sets it really well and the cakiness of the concealer is at a minimum.

As much as I love it though, it has caused a few break outs. I think it was just my skin getting used to mineral makeup.