October 22, 2014 | 1586 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. It's actually my first product from MAC. I've bought many foundations, powders, and etc. I don't have too many pimples. This stuff is makes you look natural. It's more sheer coverage to a bit medium. I don't need that much coverage cuz my skin, thankfully is now better. I don't like packing on craploads of makeup either, so I just use Olay serum, a bit of moisturizer, and then concealer for undereyes and this powder, instead of packing on the liquid, and then lots of powder. eh* I like things fast.
And this is perfect for that.
It doesn't come with a built in mirror so, =(. But it's good enough for me.
And another thing you may need to know is that this powder doesnt give you that sheen that Bare Escentuals does. The sheen from BE can get a bit too much for me, and unnatural. bleh*. BE's sheen may make pimples more obvious, which is not good.
Apart from that, it's PRESSED! unlike the mess you get from BE. I HAVE BE. I know. It's good for medium-full coverage. But this is for sheerer to medium coverage, which I love.
=D
Hope this helps you guys!
UPDATE: DAHHHH! I'm so frustrated. I thought Medium Dark was my color but then I went and got Medium Deep and I looked like an orange, then I thought I'd go back to Medium Dark. It's still too light for me!!!! I'm in between these two. I loved this, but I guess I'll just never have it for myself. so thus, the color range sux!!!!! I give it 3 out of 5 lippies cuz i loved it but there's no color for me. =( It use to be 5 out of 5. damn it. Another color failure. I'm back to BE.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by tbunch

I have been using this product for over 3 years. I am lighter in the winter of course very dark in the summer. so it was a challenge to find the right color without spending a fortune to match a color! But I dab this in the winter lightly and darken in summer. Its awesome. I have tried everything and nothing compares!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by atsui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this after doing my MUA product review researching. I really hate MAC face products. This was an exception - the first one that hasn't GIVEN me blackheads and whiteheads. I use my Sephora kabuki brush to apply it and set my foundation (does a good job, managed my oil for about 8 hours). It's got great coverage and looks fantastic by itself (and I'm a girl who loves her full-coverage foundations). Mineral products usually burn my skin, but I haven't noticed that so far. After buying this, I returned my MAC Blot Powder.

Packaging: I hate MAC packaging. One small bounce off the carpet and your makeup is toast i.e. crumbled to pieces beyond repair. I won't take this one out in my purse with me, and when I travel, I'm going to have to protect it inside a facecloth. No mirror, but I don't need mirrored compacts. Excess powder inside the compact makes opening the compact risky/messy to open at times. At least the lid is clear so you can quickly assess the damage after you drop it. I like the fact that MAC recycles plastics like this.

Price: $33 CDN.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG what am I missing here??? This is just plain old powder, nothing special. WHY do you guys like this so much? I compared this with regular MAC Blot and not only was Blot more nice and matte, but it stayed on better and more evenly. For this price, you'd think this would be a miracle product, but no such thing. Plain old powder -bleh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Dianasawrr

I love using this to set my foundation, and it doesn't give me the "cake face" that can be caused by powders. I probably wouldn't use it by itself as a foundation because it's pretty sheer and I'm insecure as hell. It does cost a grip, but it will last you forever. I've had mine since January, and I've barely broken the dome. Hands down, best powder I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by mary87

I love this powder! Since I'm fair skinned I use as a bronzer just too give me a bit of a glow, since most bronzers turn up orange on my skin. Glides on smooth over liquid foundation and contours the face nicely. MAC face makeup usually tends to break me out (Their studiofix foundation ruined my skin) but I've been using this powder for a year now and so far I've had no problems with it! Highly recommended!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Glam1

Great powder.You can use it alone or over foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by gbabyglo

love this stuff. i use it as a setting powder, but on the days when i'm in a rush...i just put this on by itself and its amazing! love it. sheer, but not too sheer!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by BaDKiTTy69

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I use it everyday with 182 brush, most of the time I use concealer and this powder. It looks great over foundation also. Will deffinatly buy again, I am going through my second one already. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by jjjenko

I've always been wanting to try this, and after my MUA used it to set my f&b foundation, it looked amazing. Made my skin feel great. Great for setting foundation. I seriously do not know how I lived without this!! The price is not bad at all, definitely worth $25! Will definitely repurchase again and again!! I just wished it came with a mirror.