L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

While these glosses weren't what i expected them to be, i still LOVE them! i was expecting a pigmented long-wearing lipgloss. What i got was a more sheer semi-long wearing lipgloss that smells like carmex. These retail for $10 each, but i purchased them on sale. They were buy one get one free, i had my 15% employee discount, plus 2 $2 coupons, The total for the two glosses i bought was $4.49. I probably would have never bought them at their full price. The applicator is like something that i have never seen. It is in kind of a rain drop shape that applied better to my lips than the regular doe-foot applicator. While i was expecting the gloss to be super sticky like the HIP glosses, it's still sticky but in a slightly different way. i think the stickiness is a key factor in the long-wearing ability of the gloss. I think the consistancy, however, is perfect. It's not too thick, but it's not runny like some other glosses can be. I first applied the gloss right before i left to go to the coffee shop. After eating a bagel and cup of coffee, the gloss had rubbed off a little bit but was generally still in place. It stays in place a lot longer than your average lip gloss, but i don't think you would call it a long-wearing lip gloss, due to the fact that you would have to reapply it after a couple of hours. I was expecting the colors i bought to look really pink on my lips but they applied a lot more sheer than i expected, but it's a gloss so that's pretty much how it should be. I really do love the packaging of this product. It's in a curved long bottle with a silver cap and different doe-foot applicator (as i mentioned before). The silver cap has a mini mirror on the top of the bottle. I think it's an overall sleek and stylish packaging choice. I like something that looks more unique. My only gripe about this product is the smell! these smell just like a jar of carmex, which i can't stand! I love glosses that smell good but this wasn't one of them. If they could fix the smell of these, i think that they would be the perfect product. I would definitely buy these again, but only if i could find them on sale again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this in Truffle, a shimmery beige-y mauve that applies more sheer than I had expected. The texture is somewhat sticky, yet not sticky (hard to describe) and it's very moisturizing without feeling oily. The doe-foot applicator is enormous and I was surprised by its size but it covers my lips all in one swipe. The lasting power is better than most watered down lipglosses, but still I don't think it lasts 6 hours! It's gone after you eat, so you have to reapply. I think it's pretty good, and I also got the shade Firey, a sparkly golden reddish nude that gives a soft pop of color with some golden shimmers (slightly large for my taste, but not too bad). Price is kinda steep at $10 a pop, but I got a BOGO free deal.

on 1/8/2008 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I think it's a mistake to call this Infallible since it is not long-lasting, but also I can't believe some reviewers are calling this stuff sticky. This is the least sticky lipgloss I've ever tried. It goes on smoothly and smells fruity to me. I like this a lot. No, it's not long-lasting, but the ones I have tried that last a long time are very thick and tacky (MAC!). Plus it was only $3 after my coupon at CVS during a sale. I got it in Rebel Red and a lovely mauve color sans shimmer.

on 1/7/2008 5:50:00 PM

Walgreens was having a BOGO free on all the l'oreal lip color and they had a display of the infallible line of lip glosses. So naturally I picked up 2 colors. I bought "fiery," which looks really coppery/gold in the tube and "rebel red," which looks like a blue-based vibrant red. When I got into my car I couldn't wait to try the "fiery" just to see if it was going to look like crap on my lips. I opened it up and couldn't pull the applicator out, after fiddling with it I finally got it out--a huge doe foot bent contraption, which I think is obnoxious. Anyway, I put the color on and it looks different from how it looks in the tube. It turned out to be a medium pink color with some sparkle to it. It looks really nice. I didn't find it too tacky, and I like the staying power. Only problem (with me anyway) is when the color does fade it leaves a ring around your lips. I would only buy this again if it was on sale. The mirror on this is useless, it looks like your looking into a spoon.

on 1/7/2008 9:41:00 AM

>I just got this I was not sure if I would like it because I have tried long lasting Lip gloss, and Lipstick and I just hated the feel but this is not bad I Love Loreal Lip products I would buy this again.

on 1/7/2008 9:05:00 AM

I saw this in the CVS and had to try it in the color "blush" which is a natural pinkish color with shimmery sparkles. The color is gorgeous in the bottle but goes on very sheer. It just adds a bit of shimmer and some lovely shine without really changing the color of my lips or lipstick.

One thing I do not care for is that it is a bit tacky (sticky) for my taste. I prefer a lip gloss to be unnoticeable by me, the wearer. I am conscious that I'm wearing this stuff on my lips by the sticky feeling it leaves behind.

I would purchase this again in another color to see if perhaps one of the other colors has more coverage. The color selection is excellent.

UPDATE: I just did a search on animal testing and it seems that L'Oreal still tests their products on animals according to the PETA website. For that reason this is going back, along with the mascara I bought from them.

This stuff is NASTY, it literally reeks of petrochemicals, and it feels awful and tacky-dry on the lips, and it made my lips buzz, which is never a good sign. Nasty nasty. Lipgloss by its nature is quite fallible. Not sure why I thought there could be such a thing as a very long-wearing lipgloss, shame on me for buying. Sunset is the color I got, it's sort of a micro-glittery warm rose, it's not really peachy at all. But do you care after what I've just written? If that's not enough, the container has a micro-amount of product and the doe foot applicator is HUGE, and bent and stupid. Stupid me for spending $12 on crappy DS lipgloss when I could have just bought a decent MAC lipglass for a few dollars more.

on 12/30/2007 7:11:00 PM

Well, I hate to bring the reviews on this product down but I have to say this is the tackiest, stickiest gloss I have ever used. I have no problem with MAC, Lancome JTs or any of the stickier glosses but this one is unbearable. Too bad, because the colors are really beautiful. I got the pinky peachy nude color and it looked really nice but I can't stand the tacky, gummy texture.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Retails for 10USD. I wasn't crazy about the other infallible lip gloss (with its two-step application), but the new colors for this one-step application were too hard to resist. There are a ton of pretty colors. I chose sunset (a nude peach) and modern mauve (rosy mauve). These do last a bit longer than your average gloss and the best part is that they're not drying or have that gross, powdery loreal smell. I'm not sure how to describe this new fragrance that they've added, but it's not offensive. The packaging is sleek, though the tip is crooked, so it's kind of hard to get the applicator out. I would recommend this gloss for something in between a lipstick and sheer gloss--it's semi-opaque!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was shopping in my local superstore this weekend, and saw the new display for the L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss. There are about 16 new colors, and they are in four basic color categories: Pinks, Mauves, Reds and Nudes. They have ranges from light to dark, shimmer to opaque. Of course, I had to try a few, as they were buy one get one half off! I did get some great colors, with some deep shimmer to them, Fiery is my fave. It is in the red family, and it is med/ depth in the tube, with shimmer. Comes out very different on my lips, as they are pretty pigmented. I also got a Nude color (can't remember the exact name) which looks pretty much like I have nothing on my lips. That is ok, as I wanted something light that wouldn't totally wash me out. I do like the fragrance, as it isn't too overwhelming. They didn't dry my lips out, as I was afraid, because they advertised something about "6 hour" color. They did last, but found myself reapplying just as frequently as with any other gloss. The texture was thicker than a MAC lipglass, and was right about the same as the Lancome Color Fever. I do like the fact that they have the same applicator as the Lancome Color Fever, making it easy to apply, without an annoying brush or too small of a doe foot applicator. Overall, I am pleased with the gloss, as it is proving to be quite a find for under $9.00! I will repurchase, so I can try some of the other colors, and I hope that they come out with more soon!

Popular Lip Glosses